PDA

View Full Version : 7+ Masquerade-Type Events at CC26, San Jose?! :) (April '08)

Karisu-sama
10-10-2006, 01:43 AM
Masquerade / Competition events SO FAR (to the best of my knowledge):

1) Science Fiction and Fantasy Masquerade (includes Anime & vidoe games)
2) Historical masquerade (both recreation & interpretation, may include "classic" Anime designs depending on the rules)
3) Fashion Folio (design competition, currently accepting submissions)
4) Fashion Show (competition for costumes made from the Folio designs)
5) Single Pattern Contest (each entry is designed off the same base pattern)
6) Doll masquerade (for both costumes on dolls and completely crafted dolls)
7) Video Masquerade (pending, details TBD)
8) Skit-oriented competition? (tentatively pending)
9) Hall workmanship? (under initial discussion, so far a maybe)

Note: More info as forthcoming, I should be able to get it early as I am the CC26 Competitions Coordinator. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Early-Bird Registration Rates for Costume-Con 26 in 2008 (http://www.cc26.info/)

* Attending (did not vote): $50
* Attending (voted at CC23): $40
* Supporting did not vote): $35
* Supporting (voted at CC23): $25

Early Bird rates expire October 31, 2006; rates will go up after Halloween.

The con dates are April 25-28, 2008, in San Jose, CA, at the Doubletree Hotel.

Room rates will be $92 for a standard room, 1-4 people.
(Note: Reservations cannot be made in the con room block before April 24, 2007.)

Eleryth
10-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Wow!

Here's hoping CC25 goes well so that I'm inspired to go to the next one. ^_^

kagomechan
01-14-2008, 06:20 AM
Hey I know this is an old thread but.. ^_^

As costume con 26 is coming closer I can't seem to find a place to sign up for the masquerades. I was wondering if people had to send forms in, sign up via internet or just sign up at con..?

I'm so excited to go, I can't wait to see all the awesome costumes.

-Kags

LadyHawke78
01-14-2008, 08:42 AM
5) Single Pattern Contest (each entry is designed off the same base pattern)

Oh My-- THIS IS COOL!

I've never seen anything like this done before, and it sounds brilliant. A couple of us were throwing around the idea of going to CC in 2009, and seeing what is offered here is really encouraging.

I am supposing that a number of these events will return if deemed successful in '08?

BoinkCoBoy
01-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Hey I know this is an old thread but.. ^_^

As costume con 26 is coming closer I can't seem to find a place to sign up for the masquerades. I was wondering if people had to send forms in, sign up via internet or just sign up at con..?

I'm so excited to go, I can't wait to see all the awesome costumes.

-Kags

All of the above...

I'm both the con chair and the webmaster; the rules have just been finalized and will be going out in the next PR (and up on the website).

Pre-registration for the masquerades is not required but strongly encouraged, and there will be a web-based version available for each in the very near future. (Also for the Single Pattern competition, the Doll exhibit/contest, and the Mad Science Fair exhibit/contest).

Oh My-- THIS IS COOL!

I've never seen anything like this done before, and it sounds brilliant. A couple of us were throwing around the idea of going to CC in 2009, and seeing what is offered here is really encouraging.

I am supposing that a number of these events will return if deemed successful in '08?

Why, thank you! I invented the SPC for Costume-Con 12 *fourteen years ago* !!

It is often one of the contests at Costume-Con, but not always (the Fashion Show and the Masquerades are required by the Costume-Con Constitution, but other contests are optional as the organizing committee sees fit).

We're expecting CC26 to be larger than most of the recent years, so we expanded the number of contests available to our members.

Efecss
01-20-2008, 03:21 PM
I would enter the video masquerade, but being the only person around who knows how to do videoproduction (MEaning my own town.) And no one to help me, its not possible.

Plus I would enter early for one of the others, but I have no idea if my costumes will be finished in time.

Right now, life is not good.

kagomechan
01-20-2008, 08:14 PM
All of the above...
I'm both the con chair and the webmaster; the rules have just been finalized and will be going out in the next PR (and up on the website).

Pre-registration for the masquerades is not required but strongly encouraged, and there will be a web-based version available for each in the very near future. (Also for the Single Pattern competition, the Doll exhibit/contest, and the Mad Science Fair exhibit/contest).

Awesome! Thank you for answering! :D I shall watch the website for sign ups.

Thanks again!

-Kags <-- so excited to be going!

BoinkCoBoy
01-31-2008, 12:57 PM
There is a whole bunch of new information up on the website, including the full rules for both Masquerades and PDF versions of the masq. registration forms. I'm working on online masquerade pre-registration now.

Awesome! Thank you for answering! :D I shall watch the website for sign ups.

Thanks again!

-Kags <-- so excited to be going!

PS for everyone: Note that if you are seriously considering entering either masquerade it's really useful to let the directors know so they can plan for the right size of contest; it's easier for them to handle a few scratched entries than be overwhelmed right at the convention.

khenemetset
01-31-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm looking forward to everything about costume con this year. Looks like there's a lot of fun things planned.

I suppose once all the needed information is up I'll be registering for the one of the masquerades soon.

BoinkCoBoy
02-01-2008, 07:55 PM
I just finished a big update to the website, including the rules for both Masquerades and PDF versions of their forms.

We'll be adding online masq. registration soon; it will probably only be available if you've already joined the convention (and thus can log in to the site and access the members-only stuff). Of course, that means you won't need to type in all your contact info :-)

RaDragon76
02-02-2008, 12:17 AM
I had an great time at CC25 and since I found a way to fund going to CC26 I'm excited about all the events that are planned. I'll be signing up for at least the sci-fi/fantasy masquerade with Khene this year. We're pretty excited about the costumes and the presentation we have planned for it.