PDA

View Full Version : Miaka Crown

BabiiYunie
03-21-2003, 01:15 PM
Im trying to do the suzaku no miko costume for miaka, but i'm not sure what to do the crown out of, i want something paintable, and easy to add parts to ^_^;

Reiko
03-21-2003, 01:21 PM
umm bottom part should be ribbon wire...or go to a party store and buy a cheap crown. try to pry everything off of the crown for the base...for the little oval things..look in the party store to get fake lockets and disarm them LOL ummm thats all the idea I have for now....

Hikaruchan
03-21-2003, 02:13 PM
Mine is totally wire. Others have made it out of wire and beads, model magic, or paper clay.

Reiko
03-21-2003, 02:37 PM
plaster works well too

Miaka No Baka
03-21-2003, 02:39 PM
mine was a tiara that I purchased from claires. I added on wire in places like for the top ridged thingie and where the little feathery thingies are. I then covered it in model magic and used the back end of a paint brush to press the ridge lines into the model magic I then painted it gold and put on a gloss coat to seal it. The tiara I bought was sorta on the smaller side because the way miaka wears it it sits more towards the back of her head and her buns are inbetween it. Also the ribbon isn't tied on her crown it's actually tied around her two buns just like how her hair is tied on the side when she's in her school uniform it's got the same bows on the underside and the trails are just longer and hang down more.

My crown is shown on this page:

http://blake.prohosting.com/cactuar/cosplay/costume2.html

Miaka no Baka