PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Panel at PMX!

hoshikage
10-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey PMX-going folks, just trying to get the word out that I'll be giving a cosplay panel! :angel: It's been scheduled for 3PM on Saturday in Live Programming 1 (please note that they may change the schedule by the time the con arrives, of course, but it still should be Saturday AFAIK). This is not a formalized cosplay panel where I lecture (well, unless people want me to...), and I don't have a specific topic to cover; instead it'll be a Q&A/brainstorming type session. Bring questions! On anything! Armor, stage presentation, wing-making, makeup, light-up costume effects, posing for photos, you name it. Anything related to cosplay, and we'll all hash out ideas together. It'll be fun. :)

I am however taking specific requests in advance for anything that people would like me to actually demonstrate, since I'll need extra warning to bring materials. Someone has already expressed an interest in seeing the process of fitting a mockup, so I know I'll be bringing a muslin something or other to try on a brave volunteer to show how I personally do that. If anyone has any other requests, just say so and I'll try to bring something to demonstrate how stuff works. :) (The exception to this is the EL wire I used for Trance Freya; I don't have any extra left after making the costume and I really can't haul the costume down with me this time. Sorry!)

Looking forward to seeing people there!

kabuki_KILLER
10-19-2006, 04:02 AM
Wow. Thanks for doing this. I'll be sure to attend if at all possible. Maybe I'll drage friends along. :angel:

hoshikage
10-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Just to let everyone know - I just got word that the panel time has been changed to 2PM instead of 3. I'll be taking suggestions for items to bring for demonstration purposes until Wednesday the 25th - after that, you'll be at the mercy of my explaining and/or drawing abilities... :D