PDA

View Full Version : Superhero masks?

kelldar
08-12-2002, 09:14 AM
Hey all!

I'm making a Shadowcat costume (pic: http://kellilla.com/me/cosplay/shadowcat_ex.gif) for Dragoncon, and I'm sorta stuck on how to make the mask. At first I was just going to cut the shape out of the fabric I have for the blue top, but then I realised the spirit gum I was going to use to stick it to my face will probably come through and stain the fabric (like it did my cammy leg stripes - it's the same kind of fabric I used for those)
I thought of using an elastic strap to put it around my head, but it would push my hair down too much (big hair needed ^^;). I also thought of double stick tape, but I really don't want to leave red marks around my eyes afterwards ^^;

So.... I'm stuck. Any ideas or suggestions? thanks guys ^_^

Tashi Kione
08-15-2002, 01:44 AM
Well, I am new at Cosplaying but what I used for anklets and a choker for Sailor Venus was sticky velcrow~spelling? o.o~ That may work it you made the mask wrap all the way around your head under your hair? Just a thought :bouncer:

Jibrille
08-15-2002, 09:33 AM
a tie or an elstic band could work if you strateigically part your hair horizontally to stick the tie in the part so it doesnt affect chick-fro-ness so your hair can just lay on top of the tie. ^_^