PDA

View Full Version : So, Battle Cosplay at NDK '06 -- how was it?

OmegaDog
10-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Battle Cosplay was one of the events that I would've loved to have attended and participated in at NDK '06, though I ended up not making enough time for myself for it. So, for those who were there, and for those who took part in it -- how was it? What were your experiences of it?

Ifria
10-19-2006, 08:58 PM
It was fantastic!! :D Too bad you missed it, it was great. I was in the winning team. There were about 16 teams altogether. >XD You should really get there early next year so you can sign up. Its so much fun.
There is a video on YouTube that has the final round.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2En8XQ--Y0#

Check it out!

Frostey
10-26-2006, 05:07 AM
so what is battle cosplay thingey. i eman it sound slike it could be many things. so iw as wondering you know.

Ifria
10-26-2006, 11:46 AM
so what is battle cosplay thingey. i eman it sound slike it could be many things. so iw as wondering you know.

Battle cosplay uses the D&D dice style. Teams of two sign up and you get your stats rolled for you. Then its kind of plays out like a one-on-one fight on stage, but when one person is "killed", their teammate comes up to take their place. The DM (or whatever) yells out what move is supposed to be played and the players have to act it out. Its no contact, so you can only pretend to beat the ever-loving-crap out of the other guy.
Teams are eliminated one by one and then there's the final fight between the two top teams.

There are vids of it on YouTube, you should check them out. Not only do you get a good idea of what Battle Cosplay is, some of them are VERY funny to watch.

phantomthief
10-28-2006, 09:16 PM
Next year I shall have my revenge XD

But the mage dance was... One heck of a finisher, I gotta say :D

~Ari-chan

Ifria
10-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Next year I shall have my revenge XD

But the mage dance was... One heck of a finisher, I gotta say :D

~Ari-chan

I accept your challenge! :D Heheh I am still mighty proud of that finishing move. <3 BTW if you aren't up to the challenge, we coule always join forces...