PDA

View Full Version : Ack-- Anybody else sick?

Hee-Hee
10-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Oi vey, why me?

I caught a stomach virus yesterday, and so far I haven't gotten any better yet. e_e If I'm not good by Thursday night when I head up to Houston, I'mma be maaaad~ And you all will just have to deal with a mad and sick Hee-Hee.

XD Nah, but it's not even just that. I'm on three different kinds of perscriptioned medication, and I'm just now trying two of them out. One's for anxiety because I have Panic Disorder (not fun), and it's giving me headaches and dizzy spells and it's making my pupils like... twice as large as they need to be. Whew~! Some week!

Anyway, I'm just curious to see if anyone else has caught some of those fall-winter bugs floating around! There's comfort in numbers, people!

Love you all~!

Hee-Hee

trevinokenjiro
10-18-2006, 01:04 AM
I have a 24hr bug this week. aww did it hurt. & my BF has a small cold. N i heard poor cherry was VERY ill. Im glad shes doing much better. shes so strong.
I'm going to be bringing soup, teas, & some cold meds for my group. I might even bring a cold mask like they wear in Japan. (N of course I'll have my handy germ killing gel. )
I think if your really really sick you shouldnt go to the con or at least wear a mask. So not to give it to others. Take good care of your self. Stay warm & take the right meds & eat the right foods to help make it go away faster.
I'm getting my flu shot tomorrow. Some place are doing the flu shots for $10-$35. & theres also that flu mist stuff. Make sure you get your shots b4 its to late.

I hope everyone is doing well? N is safe?
Take care
Happy cosplay

Amaya De'Morte
10-18-2006, 01:07 AM
ahahaha.. I've got a fever, a bad cough and ze flu... More sick than I usually get from the stress of the weekend XD

But ah well. I'll get better hopefully by thursday

and on giving it to others- even if you're sick or not sick.. really, there's so many germs and disease being passed around at the convention (Crowded spaces, lack of sleep, poor eating, etc.)

Cat-Chans
10-18-2006, 01:14 AM
I've gotten sick after the last 2 cons I've attended I think
I kind of expect it now
D:

Cherry
10-18-2006, 01:21 AM
I got sick!

I actually had a terrible flu that crept into my lungs and became a major infection. One of my lungs tried to collapse randomly, and I had to go to the hospital to get multiple shots, and be put on this breather-thing that dispersed steroids in my lungs. xD

I'm on lots of anti-biotics that are. . . uh HUGE. >_>; And an inhaler. Lol.

I've decided that life HATES conventions. I always get sick or hurt before cons. T_T;;;;;;

Hee-Hee
10-18-2006, 01:41 AM
But we're so glad you're doing better! ^__^

Kissmedeadly24
10-18-2006, 10:22 AM
I just got a bad cold over the weekend from one of my managers at work. @.@ But it won't stop me from getting to Oni-con! The fever's been under control lately... And I'll have A LOT of Dayquil and other such cold medicines with me there.

SchizoIori
10-18-2006, 10:24 AM
I always get sick at cons and it makes me soooooo sad. I have some stomach weirdness right now that I hope clears up tonight.

Syphon
10-18-2006, 11:13 AM
I've just got some allergies...and I'm gonna take som cold medicine until the con, just in case.

Pharaoh Atem
10-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm not sick . . . Yet!

:: FEAR. ::

Wuffers
10-18-2006, 12:08 PM
I think mine's just allergies going hay-wire because of rain, no rain, molds and crap like that. However they're not too bad, so I'm doing okay.

I've had allergies for the longest time, so this is actually pretty mild compared to one of my worse cases.

Eared Inu Yasha
10-18-2006, 12:10 PM
^_^ im not sick but I will be grogged out from sleep deprivation from fnishing everything! eeep!

Wuffers
10-18-2006, 12:13 PM
I think everyone's gonna be like that

Digital Blush
10-18-2006, 12:24 PM
i'm catching a cold i think x_x my throats all itchy. bleh.

Cat-Chans
10-18-2006, 01:33 PM
QUICK
Drink orange juce
D:

Lady Saea
10-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Aww!! Get better everyone! :D

Arei
10-18-2006, 03:02 PM
hehe i had acute bronchitis at AFest..well i had just bout gotten over it, only had a day left of meds left by then...so far im not sick..but ill probably end up after the con D: i hope not though *is prepared with all kinds of meds and hand sanatizer*

mel-mel-chan
10-18-2006, 03:21 PM
well not sick YET.... was sick a week and a half ago though, and I may feel icky at the con due to other things.

Scortia
10-18-2006, 04:56 PM
I unfortunately have caught a nasty cold but I think it'll be over by tomorrow.

HeeHee: I can relate to panic disorder.... it sucks so much and unless you have it you can't understand how restrictive it can be at times. If your medication continues giving you side effects PM me and I'll let you know what's worked for me. mmm drug pushing. :P

trevinokenjiro
10-19-2006, 10:17 AM
I got sick!

I actually had a terrible flu that crept into my lungs and became a major infection. One of my lungs tried to collapse randomly, and I had to go to the hospital to get multiple shots, and be put on this breather-thing that dispersed steroids in my lungs. xD

I'm on lots of anti-biotics that are. . . uh HUGE. >_>; And an inhaler. Lol.

I've decided that life HATES conventions. I always get sick or hurt before cons. T_T;;;;;;

I;m so glad your doing much better ^_^. I'll be bring you some microwave chicken soup & tea. (not sure that will help any. But i hope it might do some good) Dont over work your self now ^_^V

yamibakura03
10-19-2006, 10:33 AM
the weather going to be cold so everyone who sick bring a coat or jacket to be warm. brr...it sucks when it rains and then gets cold outside.

im hoping i dont get sick, my nose is itchy and im sneezing abit.

Syphon
10-19-2006, 11:58 AM
W00t, Org 13 coat is nice and warm.

hopefully I won't get a con cold from this one.

Saigo
10-19-2006, 01:38 PM
yeah anti sora is DEFINATELY warm...

i should be fine this convention

kill
10-19-2006, 03:36 PM
dear god everyones sick XD - I'm actually recovering from a cold - though i still have this horrendous cough and stuffy nose e.e -

Cat-Chans
10-19-2006, 05:37 PM
and I may feel icky at the con due to other things.
ME TOO
D:
damn other thing >>

Hee-Hee
10-22-2006, 10:18 PM
...HA~!

I went to the ER twice during the con.

XD

Lucky me!

Chibi Yunie
10-22-2006, 11:09 PM
I have some allergies, like a stuffy nose/cough, but nothing major, thankfully. I usually get sick AFTER cons so perhaps it's coming. O.o

Get well everybody! ;.; *

Amaya De'Morte
10-22-2006, 11:47 PM
...HA~!

I went to the ER twice during the con.

XD

Lucky me!

I really hope you're doing alot better now.

LEGO Renji
10-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Surprisingly, this was the first con I didn't get sick at all. I had stocked some AirBorne, but I never used it. I just took some Claritin D every morning and that seemed to have helped a great deal.

Etsu
10-23-2006, 12:02 AM
I know what you mean. This year I was lucky enough to not be sick right after the con (watch me jinx myself), but calamity still manages to strike. Last Wednesday I lost my wallet, which added another thing to freak out about amongst the other things I was already freaking out over. Fortunately, I'm one of those paranoid people who keeps money in multiple locations so it wasn't too bad.

Anyway, I hope everyone feels better soon. It doesn't help that it's getting near flu season.

Hee-Hee
10-23-2006, 12:28 AM
I really hope you're doing alot better now.
Oh, I am sweetie. ^_^ Thank you very much~

Amaya De'Morte
10-23-2006, 12:29 AM
Oh, I am sweetie. ^_^ Thank you very much~

quite the relief^^ I prayed for ya while up in the stands. I hope we get to see the performance at another con soon!

Hee-Hee
10-23-2006, 12:44 AM
n_n Actually, we're going to video tape it soon and put it up on YouTube so we can show everyone, because I'm sure that by the next convention we'll have another awesome idea and want to do it, y'know?

But thank you so much for praying! ^__^ That means a lot to me!

Pharaoh Atem
10-23-2006, 12:56 AM
Yeah, you already heard about it ~ But it was still such a shocker hearing that announcement. I believe some of the convention coverage websites have footage of Cherry's gracious announcement, and the feedback recieved.

I think I have Con Plague though. xD Add me to the sick list now.

Syphon
10-23-2006, 12:58 AM
I got me the sniffles. Curses and damn. If it were merely allergies, my eyes would itch too.

Curses and more damn, I've got the con-cough.

wiltingflower
10-23-2006, 02:58 AM
Ugh, I was horribly sick all of Saturday, when everything I wanted to do was going on. Everytime I thought I could head out to the con floor, I'd get sick and have to go back to bed. I'm slowly getting over it, but that was one of the worse days ever. DX

JennyBunny
10-23-2006, 04:14 PM
i think conplague is catching up.. b/c both me and my honney are getting sick-ish now :(....

Scortia
10-23-2006, 05:17 PM
JennyBunny: WTF, the conplague was in our room this time, not yours... you arent supposed to be sick. :P

wiltingflower
10-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Oh God, I got people sick. I'm sorry Jenny! *feels so bad* :(

Rip Van Winkle
10-23-2006, 08:57 PM
ALLERGIES BLOW ~__________________~ I was sniffling and sneezing ALL WEEKEND. Argh...now I'm coughing instead though and my nose doesn't run anymore, so...I guess that's progress?