PDA

View Full Version : SDCC 2007..so who's planning on going?

Ally D
10-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Just curious if I'm the only one already getting geared up for next year. Lol shoot, I think I start planning for next year when I'm already at the con the current year. I was smart thistime and bought my tix already at the con this year. Good money saving tip. Pre-registering at the con is much cheaper than even pre-registering online or by mail. Saves like $10 minimum.

Gonna wear same costume I did this year(see my pic request in the "did you take my pic?" thread) with a few tweaks and have one maybe two others in store as well. My Crysta from Ferngully is about 80% done and I have a concept sketch for a character my best friend made up that I might do as well.

Haven't though abot hotel reservations as of yet. Any one have tips on getting a close room for an affordable price?I know it's good to share a room, which I have 2 possibly 3 friends that are gonna take me up on that, but just curious if there's any other stratagies out there.

Runi-Chan
10-26-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm planning on going. I'm coming all the way from Baltimore, in Maryland, so it's a big deal for me.

As for what I'm bringing; probably only four or five costumes, as I doubt I'l have time to change back and forth several times during the day. I'm also hoping to enter the masquerade in original Raven from the Teen Titans comics, if I ever get her done. Much love for the old skool comics. I know that I'll definetely be bringing;

Toph from Avatar the Last Airbender
Cartoon Raven/Comics Raven, Teen Titans
Puck, from Berserk
and maybe I'll bring Tifa and Jakotsu; it all depends on what's finished for SDCC. I'm also trying to swing Otakon as well next year, so I don't think there's too much that I'm making JUST for Comic Con. Actually, if I get around to it, I might have Moira McTaggart from X-Men done by Katsu, so I might bring her to Comic Con.
(She has my first name, XD)

Don't know if I'll share a room with friends; maybe, maybe not. ^.^ I know the website is supposed to offer some nice deals on rooms at con rates.

questionablekri
10-26-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm going! (but then how could I not? I like like 30 minutes away from the convention center.)
as far as cosplays goes the two I have planned are:
Prince Justin/turnip from Howl's Moving Castle (me as justin in the white suit and carrying turnip)
a hellsing cosplay (not sure which one. I'm thinking of doing Yumie, always wanted to be a nun with a violent spilt personality)
Onee-san (Video instruction girl) from Battle Royale
and maybe my Stargate Mary Sue if my friend still does Jack O'Niel.

Chibi Plush Toy
10-27-2006, 10:43 AM
I may or may not go, considering the college I'm going to is a few blocks away...but yeah I'd like to but I'm not too sure.

Grey Finch
10-27-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm definitely going. I'll be bringing my Luffy, Rufus ShinRa, and Pip Bernadette (if it gets done in time) costumes along, and maybe one other depending on how spontaneous I feel. I'm kinda fond of my Sheik getup, maybe I'll do some rennovations on it for '07 XD

Kaits
10-28-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm totally going. It's going to be wicked sweet! My brother and I are going as Sokka and Katara from Avatar the last airbender and we're also trying for Black mage and White mage from Final Fantasy I.
I'll also probably bring along Jin from Avatar. Just because.

grandis
10-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Nemo and I will be there.

Currently in our plans, subject to change.

Nemo: Dr. Fate from Justice League Unlimited OR Dr. Strange, Battlestar Galactica bridge suit

Me: Laura Roslin from Battlestar Galactica, Mary Poppins' Jolly Holiday dress, Sparklypoo House Uniform from Harry Potter fandom, my take on a Beauxbatons uniform from Harry Potter, Inza Nelson and Giganta from Justice League Unlimited.

Several easier to wear costumes, and something for the masquerade...

Grandis

Runi-Chan
11-04-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm totally going. It's going to be wicked sweet! My brother and I are going as Sokka and Katara from Avatar the last airbender and we're also trying for Black mage and White mage from Final Fantasy I.
I'll also probably bring along Jin from Avatar. Just because.

^.^ Yay, more Avatar folks!

Gowa-chan
11-04-2006, 08:24 PM
I'll be there again! So far it looks like I'll be bringing Avatar Kyoshi, Avatar "Susan", Vaati, and maybe one of my other miscellaneous costumes.

linkluver6
11-06-2006, 12:29 AM
this will be my first year and I got tons of friends at San Diego
half with apartments due to school
so yes
though I only have one outfit planned
motoko kusanagi from ghost in the shell
but I am doing her cyber dance stance from that awesome statue

Kanira
11-10-2006, 02:48 AM
I've attended about three years in a row, then stopped attending for the past two years; this year I'll be back for the sole sake of cosplaying Larxene from KH2 with my little brother as chibi-Xemnas.
Probably only go Saturday though, if I can help it; don't think I could stand being around so many american-comics nerds four days straight.

Lyris
11-11-2006, 02:07 AM
don't think I could stand being around so many american-comics nerds four days straight.

Hey....:bigcry: what's wrong with American-comic nerds......American comics aren't that bad.....

Lyris
11-11-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm gonna go heck yeah. I'm trying to get a hotel right now.....but no luck. I thought people were joking when they said better start getting you hotel right after the con....but I guess that was just my poor judgement....

BrianAnim
11-14-2006, 01:09 PM
I'll be there, most likley all 4 and 1/2 days Bringing a number of costumes. (and I live a quick 20 min away, so I just take the trolley.)

Zyph
11-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Of course! Wouldn't miss it! :geek:

Princesssailorm
11-15-2006, 10:17 PM
im hoping on going!

Moon Prince
11-20-2006, 06:11 AM
My friend went for the first time last year. I think he enjoyed it enought o want to go again.... I will be going if he goes.

I like to cosplay... but I don't know what costumes I'll feel like wearing.. something that will be comfy in the 2hour car ride...

BrianAnim
11-23-2006, 01:56 AM
My friend went for the first time last year. I think he enjoyed it enought o want to go again.... I will be going if he goes.

I like to cosplay... but I don't know what costumes I'll feel like wearing.. something that will be comfy in the 2hour car ride...

change when u arrive?

Mandy Mitchell
11-24-2006, 01:25 AM
I'm going again! It will be my fourth time there.

demifiend
11-24-2006, 03:59 AM
I'm going, since the trolley starts a mile from my house and ends at the convention center (it was meant to be). However, I may or may not be wearing a costume. If I do, it may be as part of a group of Sith Lords from Knights of the Old Republic I and II (the good parts of Star Wars), since my other costumes are not likely to be noticed.

Moon Prince
11-27-2006, 03:19 AM
change when u arrive?

Only staying for the day....

most of my costumes these days though are based on comfort. LOL. My new one in progress I'm pretty sure will be comfy, but it's going to require a lot of putting on of accessories.

Enk
11-28-2006, 09:53 AM
elctric_desire and myself are coming all the way from Canada! Whee! It really is love for Neil Gaiman that propels us.

SeleneLA
12-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Im so glad there is a thread here.. Im going again had a blast last year.
Im lucky cuz my friend lives right there and I can stay with them! woot!!

SantanaCosplays
12-09-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm going *dies* It was my first convention I ever went to so I made it my
place I have to go ever year.
That's the glory of living close, about an hour away (on trolley) dont have to worry about much. And you get to freak out the cilivians sometimes and watch cosplayers fall on the spining center when thier taking goofy photos...

Going as Reno again and then proably Satella From Chrno(Chrono) Crusade once I get it finished and maybe someone else if I have time.
Now just to pre-order my tix XD Cuase I never have money left over AT con to order them there...

-I did the same thing about plaining next year con while i was at the convention center XD-

SeleneLA
12-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Im signing up for the Masquerade I just wish I had someone to act with me on my skit :)

linkluver6
12-11-2006, 07:37 PM
well I just addded another costume to my outfit woot woot
and they are both females this time
I am doing midna from zelda
but I dont want to spoil too much for that

I have never been to this one
I was going to go last year since its not incredibly far
and I could go cuz I had some family things going on

but I have heard some great stuff about this con so I am definitely excited
heehee

Runi-Chan
12-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Okay, lesse, who will I be bringing?

Toph from Avatar
Jareth from Labyrinth (and hopefully doing something Masquerade-y in it)

and...Ranma? I'm not sure. Plans keep changing.

Let's just hope I can actually come to comic con. otakon's the weekend before, and I'm only even considering it because all around, it costs me abou $150 to go...which Comic Con is totally going to be more...(damn flight cost).
Funny thing; the flight+hotel room are the most expensive thing I have to swing. I can still register under the Junior thing. XD

Hikaru-Jan
12-15-2006, 04:20 AM
I might go. I'm not too sure yet. I might be broke from AX. >.>;; I hope I do get to go. If I do go, I'll be going as Selene (Underworld).

Rinoa07
12-21-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm going! I went last year with my boyfriend and his friend. We didn't have worry about hotels or anything because we stayed at my boyfriends friend's cousin's house...who has two kids that loved to come in at 8 in the morning and jump on me...And if it wasn't the kids, it would be the dog...licking my face...*shudder* anyways, i'm probably gonna take along my AC tifa and original tifa, rinoa (of course ^_^;; ), and a japanese school girl uniform i have put together. It's a lot better than the one I had last year for SDCC.

maggifan
12-22-2006, 02:10 AM
well im going four days to comic-con and i'll cosplay as riku from kingdom hearts.....i want to see more KH cosplayers '_'

gelflinggal
12-26-2006, 10:39 PM
I hope to go...it'll be my first time...not only that but I want to wear my Jadis costume as much as possible!

Selene LA you're going to do the Masquerade??? whoa! I've heard they can have over 3000 people there!!! you've got guts girl!

BTW...did anyone contact you about doing a skit with you??

SantanaCosplays
12-27-2006, 03:35 PM
In 2006 there was around 4, 300 -according to the paper XD- We were like maybe 2 rows from the stage, We were behind the raves (made friends with them) and ended up dancing with them and starting the wave.. .Oh yes and Tira Green freathers XD Half way back before someone let it fall XD

But beware the Masquarde line, Evil men with camersa and even more ruder microphone people will bug you.
I was so tempted to hit the guy trying to interview people, he was such an *RAWR*

gelflinggal
12-27-2006, 03:54 PM
In 2006 there was around 4, 300 -according to the paper XD- We were like maybe 2 rows from the stage, We were behind the raves (made friends with them) and ended up dancing with them and starting the wave.. .Oh yes and Tira Green freathers XD Half way back before someone let it fall XD

Oh my gosh!

Ok I'm very very new to the whole Masquerade thing...so please enlighten me please please please....

But beware the Masquarde line, Evil men with camersa and even more ruder microphone people will bug you.
I was so tempted to hit the guy trying to interview people, he was such an *RAWR*

Evil camera men?? more ruder microphone people?? RAWR???

:( I'm so not getting the lingo :bigcry:

Dany
12-27-2006, 11:01 PM
It's looking right now like we'll be attending SDCC this coming year. I kind of got a bit of a lecture about why I didn't attend last year, so I think I need to make up for it a little bit. Oops. :)

As for evil men with cameras....um...hmm..maybe that was just last year? I remember a girl there in 2005....didn't seem particularly horrible though.

gelflinggal
12-28-2006, 12:20 AM
I just don't understand...I wasn't trying to be ridiculous...seriously...I'm just clueless to the terms used...:(

nothing like lectures to motivate one into action eh? :)

ApolloNoUta
12-29-2006, 10:58 AM
I am planning to go as Chibodee Crocket from G Gundam and on a later day, hopefully I will be a Ghetto Majin Buu (the chubby one).

SeleneLA
12-29-2006, 11:17 AM
No I haven't found anyone to do the skit yet but I heard if you do the ball you can't wear your costume till that day and if thats true then I'm not doing it.
I have a custum made costume being made and I want to show it off :)

gelflinggal
12-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Thats a toughie...I understand wanting to show off a great costume and then wanting to do two things that conflict..(masquerade/Ball)...I'd have to go with the Masquerade personally (that's just me) working my way up the ranks type thing :)

Dany
12-29-2006, 11:32 PM
No I haven't found anyone to do the skit yet but I heard if you do the ball you can't wear your costume till that day and if thats true then I'm not doing it.
I have a custum made costume being made and I want to show it off :)

This is true: If you want to participate in the Masquerade, they don't want you wearing the costume during the day. They want the audience to be surprised at what shows up.

HOWEVER...if you're really into having the costume in the halls, I'd schedule wearing it again on Sunday during the day. I've done this twice with great results :)

gelflinggal
12-30-2006, 01:36 AM
besides pre-registering for tickets..like now...what other advice would you give a first timer going to this con??

type of costumes NOT to wear....weapons/accessories not allowed.....etc....you know basic stuff that the newbie should stumble through for the amusement of others ;) ;)

if you go in costume should you just stick to the halls? what about busy times? avoid it from this time to this time type of stuff?

*sheepish grin*

tweetychick630
12-30-2006, 04:19 PM
Oooh, people are talking about the masquerade =D. It's always fun to watch, although I did volunteer for it two years ago, and....please people, just be nice to the volunteers >_<. I didn't have any control over the organization or anything, but some of the people still treated me like...:untrust: Most of the people were incredibly nice. Still, though, I stick to watching only now :)

As for info/stuff umm....good hotels close by the convention center get filled up within hours of them opening reservations.....pretty much everytime is busy, because there are always a lot of people (but that's kind of a plus, too ;) ), and don't worry about what costumes not to wear, wear 'em for your own enjoyment!

gelflinggal
12-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Oooh, people are talking about the masquerade =D. It's always fun to watch, although I did volunteer for it two years ago, and....please people, just be nice to the volunteers >_<. I didn't have any control over the organization or anything, but some of the people still treated me like...:untrust: Most of the people were incredibly nice. Still, though, I stick to watching only now :)

As for info/stuff umm....good hotels close by the convention center get filled up within hours of them opening reservations.....pretty much everytime is busy, because there are always a lot of people (but that's kind of a plus, too ;) ), and don't worry about what costumes not to wear, wear 'em for your own enjoyment!

Unfortunately rude people make up like 80% of the population..LOL...but no...I'm always nice to the volunteers and the people who get the show on the road no need to "shoot" the messenger type deal....

Will people step on your costume if its kinda well...large? I mean if it has a train or stuff? I'm thinking that due to the boots I plan on wearing I'll be close to 6'6" so at least a look of meanness/intimidation might prevent people from glomping too right?

I think of parting the red sea type of deal ..LOL...anyone ever seen anyone pull that off at a convention??

tweetychick630
12-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Unfortunately rude people make up like 80% of the population..LOL...but no...I'm always nice to the volunteers and the people who get the show on the road no need to "shoot" the messenger type deal....

Will people step on your costume if its kinda well...large? I mean if it has a train or stuff? I'm thinking that due to the boots I plan on wearing I'll be close to 6'6" so at least a look of meanness/intimidation might prevent people from glomping too right?

I think of parting the red sea type of deal ..LOL...anyone ever seen anyone pull that off at a convention??

Haha YEAH...then there was that horribly mean dad last year who ended up making ME cry because he thought I was being mean to his little kid or something, when I was just following the rules....ugh too many people with their goodie bag madness. Crowds do weird things to people:lost:

With a costume like that, there's always people who aren't going to see you and may back into you type of deal, so if it has a large train, you'll probably have to steer clear of the really crowded areas like the Exhibit Hall, where the aisles are narrow enough as it is. Your throat will probably also be pretty sore from yelling out "Coming through!" kind of thing, but most people will understand and try to get out of your way. >_<....as for the glomping, I think I read a horror story on an Inuyasha thread or something where some random girl broke his Tetsusaiga in half or something because she jumped on him, ionno....but she basically wrecked practically half his costume. *tilts head* would that be Jadis the White Witch you're talking about? People would have to be pretty weird and pretty tall to glomp her, haha.

sliceman22
12-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Ill go but its the hotel price.........>_<

gelflinggal
12-31-2006, 02:13 AM
Haha YEAH...then there was that horribly mean dad last year who ended up making ME cry because he thought I was being mean to his little kid or something, when I was just following the rules....ugh too many people with their goodie bag madness. Crowds do weird things to people:lost:

With a costume like that, there's always people who aren't going to see you and may back into you type of deal, so if it has a large train, you'll probably have to steer clear of the really crowded areas like the Exhibit Hall, where the aisles are narrow enough as it is. Your throat will probably also be pretty sore from yelling out "Coming through!" kind of thing, but most people will understand and try to get out of your way. >_<....as for the glomping, I think I read a horror story on an Inuyasha thread or something where some random girl broke his Tetsusaiga in half or something because she jumped on him, ionno....but she basically wrecked practically half his costume. *tilts head* would that be Jadis the White Witch you're talking about? People would have to be pretty weird and pretty tall to glomp her, haha.

ugh! was that a stage dad? or just a random freebie freak who thinks that his darling child can do whatever he wants?? (I'm a mom of two and I don't understand people who think their children can do no wrong when I KNOW mine can!..LOL)...gosh rules are rules...and then there are those who think rules don't apply to them lol...*sigh*

ooohhh thank you for the advice! *makes mental note* stay away from crowded exhibit hall....got it...

*tilts head* would that be Jadis the White Witch you're talking about? People would have to be pretty weird and pretty tall to glomp her, haha

LOL...mmmmmmaaayyyybe....lol...well there are plenty of weird people out there...I mean...look at me!

demifiend
12-31-2006, 04:21 AM
It's true that you cannot wear your costume in the days preceding the masquerade. It is supposed to be, in essence, 'the great unveiling'. However, I guess they don't take other cons into consideration, since, to the best of my knowledge, the Nintendonts performed at both Anime Expo and Comic-Con.
I wouldn't worry too much about glomping, either. There just isn't that kind of fan community at Comic-Con. Many of the attendees are high school kids, desert rats, and marines. Personally, I am friends with people from all three groups, but none of them have that kind of goofy friendliness you see at cons like AX. So you needn't worry about your costume getting damaged that way, although the crowd may still worry you.
I have yet to plan a costume I will wear at SDCC. I just don't see as much enthusiasm for it there. My chaos costume might make an appearance, but there is no way I am going to show up there as Envy!

gelflinggal
12-31-2006, 03:11 PM
So not as much enthusiasm for costume attendees as there are for say like at Dragon-Con or other big Anime Cons?

drag...lol....

well do they have a way an individual can enter just the masquerade without paying for a membership? (well I know that there would be a fee but...)

tweetychick630
12-31-2006, 11:59 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about glomping, either. There just isn't that kind of fan community at Comic-Con. Many of the attendees are high school kids, desert rats, and marines. Personally, I am friends with people from all three groups, but none of them have that kind of goofy friendliness you see at cons like AX. So you needn't worry about your costume getting damaged that way, although the crowd may still worry you.
I have yet to plan a costume I will wear at SDCC. I just don't see as much enthusiasm for it there. My chaos costume might make an appearance, but there is no way I am going to show up there as Envy!

I agree with you there. Whereas anime cons have a lot of crazy rabid fangirl type mentality going around, most of the time Comic-Con is more of a quieter awe and respect for a person's costume. Less people will recognize a costume, but oh well. And coyoterunner, why wouldn't you go there as Envy? FMA has a strong enough fanbase that you'd be recognized pretty frequently, and I don't think I saw more than one Envy last year, though there sure were enough Eds, haha.

well do they have a way an individual can enter just the masquerade without paying for a membership? (well I know that there would be a fee but...)

Sorry, but I'm 99% sure you have to have a con badge (you might only need Saturday though) to be in the masquerade, it's just policy. But there's plenty of great stuff at Comic-Con!

gelflinggal
01-01-2007, 12:19 PM
I agree with you there. Whereas anime cons have a lot of crazy rabid fangirl type mentality going around, most of the time Comic-Con is more of a quieter awe and respect for a person's costume. Less people will recognize a costume, but oh well. And coyoterunner, why wouldn't you go there as Envy? FMA has a strong enough fanbase that you'd be recognized pretty frequently, and I don't think I saw more than one Envy last year, though there sure were enough Eds, haha.

Sorry, but I'm 99% sure you have to have a con badge (you might only need Saturday though) to be in the masquerade, it's just policy. But there's plenty of great stuff at Comic-Con!

ok...that makes sense it really does...I know they have lots of great stuff but my budget just won't allow for "extras" *chuckle* but I'll look into that option :)

SeleneLA
01-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Im not sure if I read this right but someone said Comic Con doesn't have that many people dress up? that couldn't be further from the truth, comic con is the LARGEST convention in the world, bigger then anime, dragon con or any of those. Thousands of people dress up and there is nothing else like it.
The Comic con tickets are daily tickets you can buy and the ball you have to have a badge to get in. If your competing, you have to sign up and fill the forms out etc. Saturday nights the halls fill up nearly 4 hours before it even begins etc.
*Edit*
After looking at the years of photos I have of comic con, I would even say the ages are along the lines of adult not kiddies, like you suggested. I don't think those comments about Comic Con were accurate at all.

Dany
01-02-2007, 05:09 PM
It's true that you cannot wear your costume in the days preceding the masquerade. It is supposed to be, in essence, 'the great unveiling'. However, I guess they don't take other cons into consideration, since, to the best of my knowledge, the Nintendonts performed at both Anime Expo and Comic-Con.

Nope, they don't. So long as you don't wear your costume to SDCC in the days before the Masquerade, you're fine. They just want costumes that people haven't seen around the convention to be onstage if they can help it. Never mind that they may have seen it at another venue....I've seen costumes that have performed at other conventions on SDCC's stage, and sometimes it's not as predictable as one might think. People change up skit ideas, other people do certain costumes....it's amazing how a few minor changes can cause very different results.

Ideally, I think they really like it if a costume premiers there, but it's not a deathly requirement.

Dany
01-02-2007, 05:13 PM
ok...that makes sense it really does...I know they have lots of great stuff but my budget just won't allow for "extras" *chuckle* but I'll look into that option :)

Con Bad Required: Yes. :(
Does it Need To Be Full Weekend: No. :D

You can enter and have it be a one-day badge. You can even pre-reg and not have your badge in hand yet, so long as you have it in time for Con. Try to get it as soon as possible though..so it's cheeper :D

gelflinggal
01-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Make note...pre-reg badges are $50 until April 19th.....they go up after that....and again...and again...lol...

looking forward to this!!

rednecko
01-03-2007, 09:25 AM
I am planning on making the trip to San Diego Comic Con for the first time. I don't know if I am cosplaying, yet. I doubt since I am such a big guy, but part of the fun is seeing all of the costumes at the con.

SeleneLA
01-03-2007, 12:50 PM
This is my favorite, its a whole new ball game at this one. Gigantic and towers any other convention.
The thousands and thousands who dress up with blow you away.
Not to mention the huge stars they go there.. I mean tons. Last year I was at the artist alley looking at these amazing painted images of Selene from Underworld and low and behold the guy standing next to me was Joss Whedon!
We chatted a few minutes and that was that.

grandis
01-03-2007, 04:04 PM
It's looking right now like we'll be attending SDCC this coming year. I kind of got a bit of a lecture about why I didn't attend last year, so I think I need to make up for it a little bit. Oops. :)

Whoo! We'll just pretend last year didn't happen, and the last one was 2005. ;)

Grandis

gelflinggal
01-03-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm going I'm going!! whoo hooo!!! thank goodness for birthday gifts ;)

Dany
01-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Whoo! We'll just pretend last year didn't happen, and the last one was 2005. ;)

Grandis

I LIKE that idea!!!!! :D We'll do that then. ;D

anime_wench
01-09-2007, 02:23 AM
Are you kidding?! I wouldn't miss Comic Con! lol.. Actually, this is my first year living outside of California, but now I am working for CBS who will be sending me as PRESS! (Yesssss!) One day will be serious camera day, but the rest will be all cosplay.. as just what, I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking Tohru from Fruits Basket, Kouru from Rurouni Kenshin and Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2. And maybe a night elf hunter (WoW). Damn, I don't know if I'll have time for all of those. Too many costumes, not enough days! *sad in the face*

Hey, anyone wanna meet up at the Con?! ^_^

gelflinggal
01-09-2007, 10:33 AM
It looks as if I may be going all by my lonesome....would anyone mind hanging out with "Jane Porter" and "Jadis"?

lol :)

anime_wench
01-09-2007, 03:17 PM
It looks as if I may be going all by my lonesome....would anyone mind hanging out with "Jane Porter" and "Jadis"?

lol :)

"And daddy.. they took my boot!!" Hehe, I would love to hang out! I am a huge Disney fan, and a huge Jim Henson fan! Were you at the Jim Henson panel at San Diego Comic Con '06 by any chance? Where they discussed Dark Crystal 2??

gelflinggal
01-09-2007, 03:30 PM
"And daddy.. they took my boot!!" Hehe, I would love to hang out! I am a huge Disney fan, and a huge Jim Henson fan! Were you at the Jim Henson panel at San Diego Comic Con '06 by any chance? Where they discussed Dark Crystal 2??

"We were flying...flying through the air...."...lol

Nope I totally missed that! this will be my first year going...*sigh* they had a lot of wonderful stuff last year from what I've read....a day late and a dollar short am I..lol

that would be great to hang out!! I'm a big Disney/Henson/ Burton/ Lucas Nerd...lol....

Those lines I kept seeing on videos at Youtube...those weren't for pre-regs were they?? egads!! i hope not....lol...can you see Jane Porter with a baby babboon on her butt (bustle) standing in line???lol....

anime_wench
01-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Your first time going?! *gasp* You are going to looooove it! But if you are interested in any panels you have to plan, plan, plan! This things keeps getting bigger each year and they have so many things going on at the same time that it's mind boggling.

Were you planning on attending the midnight cosplay masquerade? Because that will be a first for me.. I'm always hitching rides with people in the San Diego area and having to leave early and missing the fun parts! lol.. so this time I'm renting a car and hopefully participating with my gunner Yuna (from Final Fantasy X-2) or Princess Leia costume. Or my Kaylee from Firefly costume.. but I've worn that one to the last four conventions I've been too.. lol.

HEY! I'm a big Disney/Henson/Burton/Lucas Nerd too! Well, Burton not so much for me, aside from Nightmare Before Christmas. But I really can't wait to see your Jane outfit, since I ALMOST made one last year, but went with Esmeralda instead. (Which really was a bad choice for me, since I don't look anything like that character and had to get a wig and blah blah blah... but it won me an award! lol)

Hmm, I kind of typed out a mini novel there. Sorry 'bout that! Hey, do you have MSN/Windows Messanger? We should chat sometime! ^_^

Lady Tsunade
01-10-2007, 01:05 PM
I am going to be going... This will be my first time also... I have a few friends there that I am going to be going with... They tell me its a lot of fun so I kind of can't wait to go... ^_^

gelflinggal
01-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Your first time going?! *gasp* You are going to looooove it! But if you are interested in any panels you have to plan, plan, plan! This things keeps getting bigger each year and they have so many things going on at the same time that it's mind boggling.

Were you planning on attending the midnight cosplay masquerade? Because that will be a first for me.. I'm always hitching rides with people in the San Diego area and having to leave early and missing the fun parts! lol.. so this time I'm renting a car and hopefully participating with my gunner Yuna (from Final Fantasy X-2) or Princess Leia costume. Or my Kaylee from Firefly costume.. but I've worn that one to the last four conventions I've been too.. lol.

HEY! I'm a big Disney/Henson/Burton/Lucas Nerd too! Well, Burton not so much for me, aside from Nightmare Before Christmas. But I really can't wait to see your Jane outfit, since I ALMOST made one last year, but went with Esmeralda instead. (Which really was a bad choice for me, since I don't look anything like that character and had to get a wig and blah blah blah... but it won me an award! lol)

Hmm, I kind of typed out a mini novel there. Sorry 'bout that! Hey, do you have MSN/Windows Messanger? We should chat sometime! ^_^

LOL...soo many costumes not enough days!! lol....well you could always go half way through a day and then change costumes...lol...well it was a thought ;)

Oh I've heard about the panels...soo many not enough time...not able to split into two or three directions :-D

the masquerade is at midnight??? oh egads! lol...I would like to...I'm 28 with two little ones and I act more like 80 these days as to energy levels...they're little energy vampires lol...but I would love to go to that! I can always make arrangements *evil grin* *bwa ha ha*

I bet your Esmeralda was great! got any pics??

I hope my Jane turns out well...shouldn't be too hard...have everything but the bustle and the shoes and the...ok a few things ;)

but I am sooo looking forward to this!

I live in Hemet so San Diego is a short drive for me (but not short enough)....the traffic must be horrendous those days too!

Lady Tsunade:

looks like you and I are in the newbie boat for this convention...but you've got great friends to hang out with...looks like you're covered ;) but if you ever want to say "hi" look for the nearly 6" tall Jane porter with a monkey on her bustle ....:)

Kitsune-sama
01-10-2007, 03:44 PM
It's Jan. and I'm already excited...

It'll be my, I think, fifth year going and I can't wait, yey!!

I'll probably bring my Shuichi Shindou costume, some form of Akito Sohma, (if I can figure out how to make my boobs vanish, ugh), and something or other that I will be making in the future, (always gotta plan!)

Hmmm, I'm really looking forwards to the Masq. this year too, whoot!!

(Gawrsh, I luffles Comic Con. This place is a great con to learn of things, things like to NEVER wear a Kadaj costume for two and a half days while you're camping and your shower in the motorhome BREAKS. Egad, Con-Funk!!)

anime_wench
01-10-2007, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=gelflinggal;1680449]LOL...soo many costumes not enough days!! lol....well you could always go half way through a day and then change costumes...lol...well it was a thought ;)

Oh I've heard about the panels...soo many not enough time...not able to split into two or three directions :-D

the masquerade is at midnight??? oh egads! lol...I would like to...I'm 28 with two little ones and I act more like 80 these days as to energy levels...they're little energy vampires lol...but I would love to go to that! I can always make arrangements *evil grin* *bwa ha ha*

I bet your Esmeralda was great! got any pics??

I hope my Jane turns out well...shouldn't be too hard...have everything but the bustle and the shoes and the...ok a few things ;)

but I am sooo looking forward to this!

I live in Hemet so San Diego is a short drive for me (but not short enough)....the traffic must be horrendous those days too![QUOTE]

LOL, don't think I haven't already thought about the 'changing costumes throughout the day' thing. That should be added to a 'You know your a cosplay addict when...' list.. lol!

Yeah, whenever they post the panel times and locations on the website, I have my whole 'panel days' planned out weeks in advance.. lol. I know, I know.. I'm a nerd. But just a tip on Hall H (the main hall) if there is a panel you want to see in that room you have to show up literally an hour to two hours ahead of time to get decent seats.. you should have seen how packed it was on Sat. '06 for the Spiderman, Pirates of the Carribbean 3, Narnia and Ghost Rider panels!

Yay! Try to come to the masquarade! It would be so much fun! ^_^

I do have pictures of my Esmeralda costume somewhere at my moms.. I'm asking her to send me all my cosplay pics so I can post them online. She is the costume designer behind all my good costumes.. lol.

Good luck on the Jane costume! I bet it will look lovely!

Now I need to start looking for hotel rooms in the area.. lol...

Breeface
01-21-2007, 03:59 AM
I'll be there like every year! :]
Not sure what cosplays I'll be bringing yet though.

raevyn
01-21-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm coming! Bringing Suki from Avatar :D

ycysusan2001
01-21-2007, 10:59 PM
^^ Ill be there~

Angel Tifa
01-22-2007, 12:03 AM
I doubt I'll be going this year because I don't like CC as much as AX. Also because I may have to sacrifice Comic-Con if I want to afford Ani-Magic(been meaning to go for a year, but never had the money to :(). If I do go, it might be for a day or two, but no more than two days.

grandis
01-23-2007, 03:10 PM
This girl just sent her and Nemo's memberships off to Comic Con.

Hooha!

Grandis

linkluver6
01-23-2007, 04:36 PM
this will be my first year and I am thinking of doing ghost in the shell

and I am bringing my girly cloud from ff7

piwackit
01-30-2007, 05:15 PM
I've been going since...................1981.
When it was a smaller convention.

Tips for surviving the SDCC:

Badges:
Buy them now if you have not done so already. It's still less expensive than trying to buy them on site and less stressful. You can pick them up on Wednesday IF you have a four day badge, otherwise you have to stand in line . Saturday is the BUSIEST day of the entire convention so plan ahead.
The fire marshal closed the convention last year on Saturday (which was 105 degrees at the Con) due to too many people. The con had to wait for a bit before they were allowed to reopen.

Parking:
The lot under the convention center usually fills up by 8 a.m. If you have to drive in go early! The trolley is also a good way to get back and forth. Make sure your hotel is on the shuttle service or you'll be doing lots of walking.

Hotel:
Hotel registration opens on Feb. 6th at 9 a.m. PST.
Make sure your on the web site AND the phone with the travel agency if you want to get a room. They sell out within a half hour. Put yourself on the waiting list if you don't get a room. The trick is to keep checking the site in the months leading up to con. Many people book rooms and then drop them before the credit card deadline and you can get a room at a decent price. Since most of the hotels charge $150 and up as normal rates, keep checking the SDCC travel agency site.
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_hotel.shtml

Masquerade: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_masq.shtml
Martin Jaquish has been the Masquerade Director since the early 90's and has always worked somewhere for the Masquerade since it first started. He also runs the WonderCon Masquerade (which has different rules) and a few others he gets roped into.
The masquerade is not a "ball", but rather a costume competition. Many people spend months working on costumes that they will only show at SDCC. Others make the con circuit with their costumes/skits.
Remember, the line to get in to see the Masquerade usually starts forming by 11 a.m. These people are waiting a long time to see what costumes are competing so be prepared for a wild audience.

If you are thinking of competing, don't plan on doing too much else on Saturday. There is a stage rehearsal around 10 a.m. that lets you talk with the backstage crew and a practice stage is set up to use. I highly recommend taking this time to go over anything you have questions about and to get a feel for the stage if this is your first time. You will also be turning in your paperwork and music at this point. For your music, it is best to burn a CD so that the piece you use will be the only thing on the CD. Please make sure your CD will be able to be played on the older equipment the Con uses. Make a backup just in case they loose the first one.

Things to bring with you backstage:
1. Your con badge, backstage pass, hotel key, photo i.d. and ATM card.
These will fit into a pocket. DO NOT bring a purse or anything you don't want to go missing.
2. A repair kit that holds needles & thread, safety pins, glue, elastic, paint, tape and any other items specific to your costume that will break or need repair.
3. Water & food (water runs out early and there is NO food provided)
4. A nice friend who doesn't mind hanging for the next 8 hours. This may also be the person who takes a few pictures so you have a least one of yourself in costume. Also a good idea if your costume requires help so you can go to the bathroom.

You have to be stage ready by 7 p.m. There is usually a make-up artist and den parents to help with anything you may need once your backstage. You will spend a lot of time waiting so make sure you have eaten and stay hydrated. I can't stress this enough. If your blood sugar is low and your dehydrated on top of that you'll end up in the ER. Trust me on this one.

There are changing rooms that will be assigned to everyone. Once your stage ready, a judges photo will be taken and then you will be seated backstage.
There is a large screen to watch everyone who goes on before you. Once you've finished on stage, you'll be escorted to the photo area to be photographed by the Con, the Press and many Cosplay sites. This is a good time to catch your breath and make sure nothing fell off. Remember to SMILE!
After this it's backstage to find out the judges results. Winners go back on stage and then through the photo area again. By the time all of this is finished, it's usually about 12 a.m.

The Exhibit Hall:
O.K. people here is where things get BUSY! The official count was 123 thousand people at the convention last year!
Whatever you decide to wear, make sure you have comfortable shoes!
You will walk a minimum of 5 miles a day. Really. Add to this any costume that is hard to see in/walk in and you kinda get the idea. Bring friends to help you get around. Make use of the package pick up area to store large costume parts if you decide to take them off.
By the time Saturday comes, it will literally be wall to wall people. Some who really need soap. So, be nice to your fellow con goers & bathe.
If your meeting anyone, get cell numbers & the place & time. The con does not have a paging service and some cell phones don't work well in the center.

Food (if you can call it that) at the con is mainly junk & horribly expensive.
I think a plain hot dog was $8.00. A good idea is to walk up to the local Ralphs grocery store. They have a deli and are usually ready for the amount of people coming from the con. If your hotel has a fridge, stock up on sandwich stuff. Buy non-perishable items and bring your own water. You can refill empty bottles at the con. I know people who bring their own mini fridge and microwave to save money. Just don't let the hotel see it.
Going to dinner? Make reservations ahead if you can or you can drive up 5th Ave. to Hillcrest. There are lots of restaurants in the downtown area, but they will be busy. Horton Plaza has lots of quick service places at the food court. Old Town is also a good bet.

Dress in layers when in SD as it can get cold at the drop of a hat or really warm. If your out late, please be careful. It's a great city, but if your dressed in a scanty costume there are still weirdos out there. Stay in groups. Make friends with the cops. Nothing like a fun weekend ruined by a bunch of jerks.

O.K., I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but that's all I can think of right now.
Cheers!

gelflinggal
01-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Thank you very much I found it very helpful! Can't wait...can't wait can't wait!!

oh oh!! *raises hand* what about their Prop/"weapons" policy??

could you point me in the right direction?? thanks :)

Dany
01-31-2007, 01:39 PM
You have to be stage ready by 7 p.m. There is usually a make-up artist and den parents to help with anything you may need once your backstage. You will spend a lot of time waiting so make sure you have eaten and stay hydrated. I can't stress this enough. If your blood sugar is low and your dehydrated on top of that you'll end up in the ER. Trust me on this one.

A word of note on den parents. While they are there, and are helpful, they get busy really fast with other contestants in your den. I suggest that to play it safe, bring a masquerade buddy that is NOT competing, even in the most remote way. I learned this lesson in '05... my roomie and I were both competing that year, and she was the one who I needed to help me into my D armor. It has to be laced a certain way and in a certain order, and a lot of it is on my back and sides (which are not easily reached). Poor roomie's prop broke, and a good chunk of the time that we would have had to get me put together went to fixing it (part of which was finding an available den person as they were, as mentioned, busy with other contestants). We rushed it so much to make up for that fallback that I went to workmanship judging without the lower section of my armor on me.

((which I noticed JUST as the Masquerade was starting, which had me mad-dashing from the green room to the dressing room and back to get the pieces I'd missed!))

In the end, all went well for both of us, but it probably would have been safer if we both had someone not competing on hand to help us out.

Dany
01-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Thank you very much I found it very helpful! Can't wait...can't wait can't wait!!

oh oh!! *raises hand* what about their Prop/"weapons" policy??

could you point me in the right direction?? thanks :)

Generally, no brandishing, no sharp blades exposed (and no real blades either for that matter, I do believe), no realistic guns.

I have seen the orange tip ones be fine indoors, but do NOT bring them outdoors to the sidewalk. California law about a year or so ago came out that you can get in big trouble carrying realistic guns, even with the tips. They require them to be some weird gnarly color now that isn't gunlike.

When in doubt, bring it to Con security have have them check it. :) Better safe than surrounded by a dozen red shirts :O !

gelflinggal
01-31-2007, 03:00 PM
Generally, no brandishing, no sharp blades exposed (and no real blades either for that matter, I do believe), no realistic guns.

I have seen the orange tip ones be fine indoors, but do NOT bring them outdoors to the sidewalk. California law about a year or so ago came out that you can get in big trouble carrying realistic guns, even with the tips. They require them to be some weird gnarly color now that isn't gunlike.

When in doubt, bring it to Con security have have them check it. :) Better safe than surrounded by a dozen red shirts :O !

thank you! I'm thinking Jadis' wand probably wouldn't be a good idea...might poke someone's eye out:rolleyes: ...good ol' california...land of "we know what's best for you" and "don't do as we do, do as we say!" I know I live there....but at least we have some rockin' conventions :rockon:

reannaremick
05-10-2007, 07:11 PM
This year I will *finally* be attending SDCC. Sadly I'll be on booth babe duty so I won't be cosplaying, except *maybe* for the preview night on the 25th. Also depending on how active the night life is at this con I might dress up after the artists alley closes. Anyway, hope to see you folks there!

Strider
05-11-2007, 02:51 AM
I'll be there. You can count on that.

ZeKarmiSama
05-12-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm going to Comic-Con since it is in my hometown. Dunno how many days I'm going though, my new trend seems to be driving myself broke at Anime Expo a month earlier... and I need to put together a new portfolio for Portfolio Review... but I'll probably cosplay also... @_@ last year I just had a collapsible top hat with a coco kitty plushie tied to it.

hellozombie
05-14-2007, 11:35 PM
i'm going and it'll be my first time! yay.

piwackit
05-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Just posted on the Comic-Con web site:

Important Information About Comic-Con Registration and Attendance!
If you've been to Comic-Con the past few years, we don't have to tell you: It's a BIG show with lots of people. And the reality of the situation is quite simple: We're looking at limiting attendance this year.

Last year, Comic-Con sold out on Saturday. By "sold out," we mean we reached our maximum attendance capacity for that day. There's a strong probability we'll sell out on Saturday this year, also. That may result in no onsite registration for Saturday. If the crowds thin out later in the day, we may open registration for those of you who just have to come on Saturday, or want to see the Masquerade but just can't face the crowd in the Exhibit Hall. And while we didn't sell out on any of the other days last year, there's always the possibility it may happen this year. Because of this, we strongly urge you to register online as soon as possible.

New 3-Day Membership
To help keep the crowds down on Saturday, we're introducing a special 3-Day Membership that includes entry into Comic-Con on Thursday, Friday and Sunday, plus Preview Night on Wednesday evening. That's right: NO SATURDAY. This special 3-Day Membership is available only online. It will not be offered through the mail or onsite. If you already go to the San Diego Zoo or Sea World on Saturday to avoid the crowd at Comic-Con, this is the membership for you. (For those of you who have already purchased a 4-Day Membership and would like to avoid the crowds on Saturday, we will gladly refund the difference and change you to a 3- day.)

Comic-Con's primary concern is your experience at our event. When there are too many people, no one has a fun time. We're working on the crowding issues, with your safety first and foremost on our mind. As always, you can find the latest information on attendance and registration on this website.

Ashenine
05-28-2007, 02:19 AM
Oh my.. hmmm, I was planning on going for all four days with my boyfriend and cosplay partner.

Eeek, time to plan.

Hope to see cosplayers from cosplay.com though, SDCC was the first place I cosplayed (SDCC 05) as Temari from Naruto and this time I'm going as Yuffie/DoC!

Strider
05-28-2007, 04:27 PM
What Comic Con really means by "We sold out on Satuday" is "We over sold Saturday tickets." There were hundreds who didn't get in that day because the building was at max capacity due to overselling. I was inside, thankfully, but a friend wasn't, and I heard all the horror stories from THAT day's line.

Arnoldfriend
06-09-2007, 01:20 AM
I'll be going. I've improved on my Rorschach (from the Watchmen) costume. Is there any other Watchmen Cosplayers out there?! Or at least their DC Counterparts, the Charleston characters, especially The Question?

Bandeau
06-09-2007, 03:32 AM
I'll be going! I'm dragging my husband there as a honeymoon and he hates me for it! But I think my female Vash costume makes up for it ^^

Ariolander
06-09-2007, 04:22 AM
By the way I HIGHLY recommend the 3-Day Membership pass even if your going to be in town the whole weekend or con event. Saturday is a nightmare. ICv2 estimated "120,000 unique attendees" on Saturday alone! Thats 3x the number of unique attendees than all of AX2006. By 10:30 or 11:00 or so the fire department closed the Con enterances down 'cause it was filled above capacity.

Needless to say its a mess on Saturday. If your gonna miss one day to see the town, visit the zoo, or enjoy local attractions Saturday is the best day to do it. One year we attended a ball game at Petco Park down the street.

This will be my 5th time attending SDCC and man is it gotten huge. I think this might be the last year in San Diego 'cause I swear the city and convention hall can barely accomidate everyone. I am crossing my fingers for an LA or Las Vegas move. Because all the videogame companies eating floorspace even though we are regulars we couldn't get a booth so no dealer pass. Also turned in paperwork too late so no professional passes either. So I look forward to waiting with all you in the lines -_-;;

I won't be cosplaying this year but I will bring my shiny new DSLR camera and hope to get good shots with this kit lens and see how it handles the low lighting conditions and huge crowds. Last years photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ariolander/) didn't turn out too bad for a Sub-Compact.

gelflinggal
06-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Good grief I hope they don't move it to LA....that place is dangerous beyond belief...especially for Americans...lol...Las Vegas?!?! mmmm only if they plan on holding it around Christmas...could you imagine all the cosplayers dropping from heat exhaustion???

If someone attends the masquerade (or is in it) Saturday is pretty much a goner anyways....

Ariolander
06-09-2007, 12:19 PM
To explain how badly the city can handle SDCC if you took all the attendees if you took all the SDCC atendees and put them in every hotel room in San Diego & Minor outlying areas you would need to cram 7 people per room and there would still not be enough hotels. I mean tis not a strange sight when I went there to find people sleeping on park benches and like during the warm summer nights.

Its not just the convention center that can't handle the people but the whole City itself as well. I mean I hear there were talks about parking friend cruise ships as floating hotels for the weekend as a possibility. Wouldn't be the first time either. When Jacksonville couldn't handle the Superbowl attendees they steamed cruise ships up river and used them for eactly the same purpose. When you start considering parking ships as hotels you know you have lodgistical problems.

Rekka
06-11-2007, 03:02 AM
I'm coming on Friday and only Friday, cause we're taking a vacation in California and we have other places to go, things to do, yanno.

But I'm hoping to dress up this year. I've only been to this ComiCon once, and that was a while ago, back when I was obsessed with Yuugiou. So I didn't go around and do anything. I just stayed at the Yuugiou booth, ehe.

DangerAwesome
06-18-2007, 01:52 AM
Oho. I am so for the SDCC'07.
I'll be there as Dark Phoenix (old school! red'n'gold!) and Abbey Chase from Danger Girl.

Look out, J.Scott Campbell!

crash_override
06-19-2007, 12:06 AM
I'll be there all 4 days + preview night :]

Hoodine
06-20-2007, 02:43 AM
I don't know what days I am going to attend, allI knowis that I want to go and that is final. :>

Sadly though I won't be cosplaying ._.

Master Zero
07-06-2007, 03:14 PM
SO I broke down and bought my ticket today. I'm going Saturday. Gonna cosplay Tadakatsu Honda from Samurai Warriors 2.

And if that doesn't work out, I'll be Robert Garcia from King of Fighters.

See you guys there ^^

Wren
07-06-2007, 03:28 PM
This'll be my 5th year going woot!

L to the 3rd
07-06-2007, 04:21 PM
i'll be there friday night, sat and sun. Couldn't get days off work, boo. I might wear my FFIII bard again and possibly Luke Skywalker.

Yay for the big heroes panel..I can't wait. *prepares to camp Hall H* :bigtu:

Master Zero
07-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Cool. Hope to run into some of you guys there.

Tearatone
07-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Looks like Friday night and then Saturday and Sunday. I'll bring my Schro and Twerp cosplay.

thebothan
07-07-2007, 07:20 PM
I'll be there all 4 days, I'll be wearing my Inuyasha on Saturday for sure, and maybe Thursday and Friday.

andyRak
07-08-2007, 12:13 AM
I was only able to stay in AX for 5 hours... so this time I'll try to be in this Con all 4 days!! Hopefully can take pictures of all of you guys :)

Annie-Mei
07-08-2007, 12:23 AM
ill be there all 4 days! working and playing ^_^...

Master Zero
07-08-2007, 02:51 AM
cool.

andyRak
07-08-2007, 11:46 PM
ill be there all 4 days! working and playing ^_^...

Hi Annie-Mei san, I saw someone cosplying the character in your picture (avatar) in AX. Would you mind telling me what character is it? From which anime/game?

Thanks in advance :)

Annie-Mei
07-09-2007, 01:43 AM
Hi Annie-Mei san, I saw someone cosplying the character in your picture (avatar) in AX. Would you mind telling me what character is it? From which anime/game?

Thanks in advance :)

if it was after 12 pm, then that was me

its Darcia from Wolf's Rain

Arienette
07-09-2007, 02:03 AM
I'll only be there Friday, but expect me as either Naminé or Misa ^_^

linkluver6
07-10-2007, 04:00 AM
I'm excited!
its my next expo and i have never been

Chibi Plush Toy
07-10-2007, 06:19 AM
I have three costumes in progress -- two of which are almost done so yeah...15 days...wow...dunno if I can do those AND a keyblade, but I'm hoping so.

Didn't really expect on attending this year so I didn't prereg but my nephew begged me to bring him so -_- yeah i have to go this year.

Yami/Kaiba
07-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I'll be either going on Thursday or Friday. I don't know who I will be cosplayed as, but I have three choices.

TimDrakeRobin
07-11-2007, 08:50 PM
I will be there Friday and Saterday

Riddler-kakashi
07-14-2007, 01:31 AM
I'm going! I been going there SINCE I WAS A BABY! XD
=/ comic con is big 2007 and g4tv is going to be there!! for 26 and 27

Suzushichan
07-14-2007, 08:01 PM
looks like i won't be going after all due to a sudden move.

FutureFry
07-17-2007, 12:52 PM
4 days + 4 costumes = rock and roll!

sicdedman
07-23-2007, 12:47 AM
im new to the Whole cosplay thing.. i have never been to comic con... i missed last years san diego comiccon..

where is a good place to buy Cosplay costumes. website's ect..stores?? i live southern california... hour north of San Diego... please help : (

i know its too late for a cosplay costume. but i would like to get one for next year : )

rednecko
07-23-2007, 09:49 AM
There are exhibitors at Comic Con who sell pre-made costumes like Pendragon's Costumes and Rubies Costume company. buycostumes.com is a good website to get pre-made costumes. Since you are beginnning to cosplay, a pre-made costume may be a good way to go. All of the best competing cosplayers do make their own costumes.

kimu
07-23-2007, 10:35 AM
I will be there for the whole thing.
I've been to Comic Con every year since 1993 except for two years in the late 90s--but last year I dipped my foot into the cosplay pool for the first time as specific character costumes. Before that I had done an elf with LotR events--and I agree about the pre-made costume.
For your first one to get started, pre-made isn't a bad way to begin.
Then you'll probably get bitten by the bug and get into making your own.

I'm really looking forward to meeting people from this forum, I've been watching it for a while.
I'm taking my Ukitake (Bleach) costume I'm finishing now for Sunday. And my Leonardo (Ninja Turtle) costume for Friday afternoon. I have my Kenshin costume but not sure I'll actually take it and wear it this year (I only got to wear it for a couple hours last year due to being in the Masquerade and what that does to your schedule.)

demifiend
07-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I'll be there sat/sun. Maybe as chaos on sat.

Buddhas Palm
07-23-2007, 05:24 PM
HI all...

Going to Comic COn for all 5 days. Looking for people to hang out with. I am thinking of doing COSPLAY as lightning from Big trouble lil china

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7OQwXxaOa5Y

I'll probably go in costume on Friday and saturday- plan to watchthe costume contest Saturday night

ANYONE wanna hang out Thursday friday or saturday?

My email is Guyn619@hotmail.com

Fred

ShinobiScott
07-23-2007, 06:33 PM
I'll be there since its in my own backyard. I'll probably recycle my Mayes Hughes/ Zeta Gundam Titans uniforms one last time for comicon!

sicdedman
07-23-2007, 09:21 PM
i'll be going (My first Comiccon) wasnt able to make it last year.: (

ill be going Thursday,Friday,and Sunday....

meowmeowchan
07-24-2007, 03:29 AM
tis is my first comic con...yay!!! i've heard so much about it and finally i'm going. but i'm only going for sunday cuz i haf sat cram classes...grrr..
i THINK i'm cosplaying...probably c.c. from geass

Alpha and Omega
07-25-2007, 01:34 AM
This is my 10th comic-con, yet it will be the first one where I go in costume. I'm keeping it simple, by going in 1 costume on Friday and maybe Saturday. I'll be going as the Fourth(Yondaime) Hokage, and my father will be going as Jiraiya, which I talked him into doing, which is also his first time. I couldn't convince my brother of going as Kakashi though, yet it will be fun any way.

hellozombie
07-25-2007, 03:36 AM
this'll be my first con, so sorry if my question seems silly. but do they allow you to bring your own food and drinks like waterbottles and stuff into the convention center?

ycysusan2001
07-25-2007, 04:21 AM
this'll be my first con, so sorry if my question seems silly. but do they allow you to bring your own food and drinks like waterbottles and stuff into the convention center?

Yes ^^ they dont check Ur bags. I do that every year. save money~

Wren
07-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Woot only 2 days left!

scarnox
07-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Woot this is gonna be so awesome! I live like half an hour from SD but im gonna be at a friend's house for three of the 4 days im there. Is anyone here going to preview night, which is...TONIGHT?

DarkReflection
07-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Might make it on Friday. Depends if I get a ticket. As for cosplays, I may just do some rehash from AX's or something I did last year, but they're either not the right color or some parts of the costumes are off according to otakus, but otakus are not professional costume critics, so I beileve it doesn't matter so much.

hellozombie
07-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Yes ^^ they dont check Ur bags. I do that every year. save money~

wooohooo~~!!! yes, EXACTLY! that was my plan, to save MONEY! haha, thanks. :)

sicdedman
07-25-2007, 08:51 PM
yea if anyone want to hang for a while at comiccon...

i'll be there Thursday-(Later in the day friday) *Have doctor friday morning dang it* and then be there Sunday...

i'll be Cosplay (Richard) from Dead Mans Shoes (Military Coveralls-Military German GasMask)

they allow that type of costume?? or certain ones they tell you not to wear the mask??

dst
07-26-2007, 12:19 AM
I'll be there Thursday and Friday. ^_^

'Will be fun to see Anime/Manga cosplayers there.

Eun
07-26-2007, 01:11 AM
Jam will be rehashed from last years Comic Con since this year I'll be going with a group

Riddler-kakashi
07-26-2007, 01:13 AM
note:COMIC CON IS KINDA LIKE HEAVEN xD

Annissė
07-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Cosplaying Julia and my boyfriend as Spike Spiegel of COWBOY BEBOP on Friday and Saturday!! :)

We're leaving in a couple hours to SD!!! YAY! I can't wait!

I think this is going to be the best and busiest one ever! :toothy:

sicdedman
07-29-2007, 06:11 PM
i only ended up going Thursday,, wasnt feeling good friday , and saturday was sold out... and today which is Sunday.. i forgot to go..

so i paid 55 $ for 3 day pass pluss a 7 $ pass for my brother. he ended up going with a friend to havasu. so i lost alot of money..

i only spent 5 hours Thursday there. :' ( bought alot and got a few pictures

I PLANNED to do ALOT more. but things didnt work out.. :(

andyRak
07-29-2007, 07:15 PM
i only ended up going Thursday,, wasnt feeling good friday , and saturday was sold out... and today which is Sunday.. i forgot to go..

so i paid 55 $ for 3 day pass pluss a 7 $ pass for my brother. he ended up going with a friend to havasu. so i lost alot of money..

i only spent 5 hours Thursday there. :' ( bought alot and got a few pictures

I PLANNED to do ALOT more. but things didnt work out.. :(

Take it easy! There is always next year :)

I wasn't able to make full use of my 4-days pass because I got sick on Sat WTH. But well, I was there Thur, Friday and half-day Sat so I think it's still OK...