PDA

View Full Version : Making a manga

Bunny36
03-23-2003, 09:49 AM
:bouncer: this bouncy thing is so cool anyway. I am writing this to ask a favour. I love drawing manga and I'm getting quite good at it. I am however HOPELESS at storylines. So I was wondering if anyone was bad at drawing but good at writing would like to help me.
:D Pllllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeee. :D
My email is I_luv_2_draw@msn.com
Lizzy :skidude2:

Loki0
03-23-2003, 02:12 PM
first,
what kind of manga are you good at drawing

fights

swords

people, what

that would help everyone find out what a good storyline could be for you.

( i love to draw hehe )

Bunny36
03-25-2003, 02:01 PM
Oh thats a good point :)
Umm lets see. I would like to have believable characters. I love inventing characters (L)
Also I was thinking of using dragons dunno why it's just i like inventing them.
Also like a bit of romance (i'm like that)
Lots of action, fighting and stuff. Lots of fun to draw.
Ok theres some ideas anyway.
So I'm replying to my own message don't laugh at me
Bunny :D

Bunny36
03-25-2003, 02:02 PM
The (L) was s'posed to be a heart. Oh well

Loki0
03-25-2003, 07:47 PM
try something on dragon riders.

yeah, actually that would be sweet. Make a main char, and have them be like against the leader of some kingdom, and have lots of dragon fights in it, with the dude riding the dragon.

somewhere in there put in some romance, maybe between someone that is famouse or royal in this kingdom. Maybe she agrees with what the kingdom is doing, so the main char, shows her what they are doing.

just a thought, if you like it tell me, i can make one like that for you and e-mail it to you, just give me a week.

evil_neko
03-25-2003, 07:59 PM
...that would make one bad-ass manga, Loki. Bunny, if you do something like that, e-mail it me, it sounds like it'd be sweet.

Bunny36
03-26-2003, 12:26 PM
I like that idea :D
Sounds perfect! I'd love to hear more from you.
I'm gonna practice dragon drawing with a vengence (is that how you spell it? I'm never sure)
Thankyou thankyou thanyou

Bunny36
03-26-2003, 12:28 PM
dragon riders
right question for you:
would the dragons be intellegent or just mounts (like horses) for the riders?
ooh great flame i love flames :D

Bunny36
03-26-2003, 12:45 PM
Hang on
IMPORTANT
If ur going to email me do so at wheezipbub@msn.com
Thanx ;)

Loki0
03-28-2003, 11:07 PM
the dragons will be smart.

Smart as a smart person. yes, yes indeed, i will start writing that story today, i don't know when i will be done, but i will sometime. i will e-mail you when i have it ok?

XLainoftheWired
03-28-2003, 11:12 PM
Anne McCaffery anyone?

Loki0
03-28-2003, 11:46 PM
who is that?

anyway, i have already started the begining, and will be finished by next week maybe.

Bunny36
03-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Brilliant thanx
Look forward to hearing from you

Bunny36
04-02-2003, 11:19 AM
Anne Mccaffery she writes cool books never read her dragon ones
I'll read them to make sure it's different don't worry

Chiri
04-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Starting a manga, huh? ^^ I'm thinking about starting one of my own, I've already thought up a bunch of charas with my friends and a very general storyline/plot...we just need the time, money, etc to do it @_@ Right now time is slim, and money...don't even wanna go there

Tho...I drew one of my charries (my chara..tats based off meh) and ish in my gallery...should be the first picture in my gallery <shrugs>

Anways..good luck with yer manga!! :)

-chiri

Bunny36
04-13-2003, 07:47 AM
hey thanx hope yours goes well too
the whole money thing is a nightmare isn't it

Chiri
04-13-2003, 10:45 AM
Haiiii @___@ <is looking into 500000 part-time jobs for the summertime>

-chiri

nemesae
05-05-2003, 07:31 AM
If you're no good at writing, you should try this:

first set up a screenplay, the most general descriptions of scenes you want to include. Later you can add other scenes to make your story more interesting.
Then write this out to a full script with as much descriptions as possible and all dialogues. Describe each panel, so you won't have to make a lot up as you start drawing.
Then start drawing from the script.

I'm doing the same now with a manga I'm currently making, Senkyou no Kurayami, and for the first time I'm getting somewhere. If you just want to draw, but want to make a manga by yourself, you'll probably end up getting not any further than two pages because you have to keep thinking what'll come next and run out of inspiration. Which was always the case with me ^_^" If you write a script first, you just draw what you've written and are less easily distracted or improvising a story. Structured plans work really well

the_tennyo
05-05-2003, 08:34 PM
me and my friend kinda started one, I draw...she writes. it works out, lol, so far she has the frist like 5 pages done up and I have the character sketches and what not.

accelagirl
05-06-2003, 02:29 AM
oooo i write manga too~!! it's my living (sadly...)

i can't wait to see how it turns out! i know exactly what you mean by storylines, i like to get stories written FOR me. :D

what you could do is join a manga circle. i joined a dojinshi circle a while back and they because a manga circle after a while. it's a lot of fun and you can have a TEAM of other people plan stories for you!

nekomi
05-06-2003, 03:39 AM
I'm interesting in writing doujinshi in the future. I have the same problem. I can draw well, but can really write worth a crap. I would definately think about finding someone with a talent for manga writing. Look at fan-fiction sites/groups & see if there's anyone interested in collaborating with you.

aelith
05-19-2003, 12:17 PM
i like writing but i'm not so akin at making great stories for manga O_O;; hehe...i think it's not really my area in writing lol. but i do love drawing and i used to make mangas waaay back in highschool...i still draw till now anyway ^_^

does any of you have any sites wherein you showcase your mangas? if so can you post 'em here? ^_^;;

Setsuko Amori
05-28-2003, 07:58 PM
*coughs* Has her own Original manga writer group*cough

Ha! Hi bunny,
well I would be more than happy to help you Im working on an animie script right now called " my dancing shadow friend tom-tom" about an imaginary friend who turns violent and "Strawberry Soda pop" a humorous romantic cautastrohe heres a good suggestion that always works for me..Sit down and write your synopsis FIRST a brief discussion of what you want your story to be about GENERALLY.I'll post my synopsis so you can get an idea.

Oh and heres a list of Manga types that may help to

Shoujo- pretty girl mangas "sailor moon" "miracle girls"
Shojin- boys mangas "action!"
Anime Movie - story written like a script
Kawii Childrens Genre- kids anime manga "hamtaro,"pokemon"
Hentai -XXXXXXXXXX
Horror,Detective,Martial Arts
Humorous Love,Magic Mangas
Mecha-War sagas storys involving Robots;machines
Youi,Yuri,Shounin Ai,Shoujo Ai- same sex romances

and if you still cant decide Im me on yahoo annnny time babes!
Much Luck
Setsuko

Setsuko Amori
05-28-2003, 08:02 PM
sTraWbeRRy
soda
PoP

Synopsis: Meet Hagiwara Mieko and Amori Ichi, two normal love sick highschool girls...until.
Mieko-chan finds her dreams shattered when learning shes been promised to her fathers buisness partners son and source of childhood annoyance Fujimoto Sotaro.
Now meet Koi a bungling aprentice love goddess eager to try out her newest skill..granting wishes.This Romantic Cautastrophe bursts forth when Koi grants Meikos one wish..To live a love story before she must marry.And with a swish of a wand and a snap of Kois fingers, Mieko finds herself armed with a potion that can make her irresistable...and unrecognizable!?Known only as Strawberry Soda Pop.
Only one problem...
Koi also grants a second wish that night to a certain Fujimoto Sotaro.His wish ..to have the perfect wife.
As Koi realizes her latest bungle, she must scramble to correct her latest mistake.Before the head goddess finds out and revokes her aprentiship.
Will Meiko experience true love?
Will Sotaro find out?
Will Ichi blab it all before she bursts?
Will Koi ever get her goddess license?
Find out in the Romantic Cautastrophe
StrawberrySodaPop

*See there you go just map out your general Idea and build ideas off of your synopsis*

Jehuty
05-28-2003, 11:27 PM
If you need an assisitant i'm willing to offer my skills, I don't have any pictures in the gallery but I know members of this site that can vouch for me,..........but I guess you'd want a writer a lot more than someone else who can draw well

GirlnamedLime
05-30-2003, 08:14 PM
That's really cool, I myself have been writing my own manga. If you guys want to hear about it, email me sometime. I'm lucky enough to have a brother that can draw, so it's all in the family. I like the idea of your manga, really cool ideas Loki, its all good.

Dewy
05-30-2003, 09:11 PM
Heh, whenever I come up with a manga idea I usually end up keeping it to myself...or In Tokyopop's manga contest's case, I devolped the story to the point where I felt it was too good for stinky old tokyopop XD ...I missed the deadline too...hahah...

But for coming up with an idea I suggest you to read (other than manga) ...or get a good idea of a classic story or legend and bury it within your own plot.

Bunny36
06-09-2003, 12:51 PM
Wow I haven't been on for ages, and now I have loads of replies. Thankyou everyone!!!!! I have to get my scanner working so I can put some pics online
I think I have writer's block...lol
Everything I think of doesn't work. Am I the only one who has trouble coming up with something really original?
Anyway thanx again you've really helped

Bunny36
06-09-2003, 12:53 PM
Hmmm...maybe I should do a horror
I've had so many weird dreams lately

nemesae
06-17-2003, 12:33 AM
Setsuko, that's such a lovely story ^_^ Do you have some pages online or are you still working on the story?

I'm currently working on a manga as well, I'm not expecting too much of it though but still it's my first ever serious try ^_^" It's called Senkyou no Kurayami (darkness of the enchanted lands) and is about a clumsy witch in training. Sort of like Harry Potter, only clumsier and with an entirely different world. I hope it works out someday

Bunny36
06-25-2003, 03:00 PM
Wow every1 has such brilliant ideas. I'm still thinking. Every1's been so helpful. I love you guys (don't take that the wrong way, I know there are weird people out there and all.) Nemesae good luck :)

Loki0
06-29-2003, 07:57 PM
crap, i havn't been on till just now. the dragon riders idea, has kinda changed and i am still writing it, sheesh i have had some great ideas, its just putting them into words.

it has to do with a guy, err teenager, whatever, and his friend (dragon) and the boys race has only one objective, to gaurd the land, and he is the last of his kind, and he has one great weapon... and it goes on and on, sure it sounds like crap when i explain it, but it will be better in the future, when it is actually done.

sorry it took me longer then i said it would, havn't writin anything like this, i mean i acutally was thinking about it lol.

Bunny36
07-03-2003, 03:51 PM
thats ok I just wish I could write you know I can sometimes I think I've got permenant writer's block
Drawing are so much easier
And it doesn't sound crap! I am still working on dragons
You know the best way to make a very cute dragon is to give it a kangaroo body lol not that that's helpful but anyway...

Loki0
07-03-2003, 08:24 PM
you want the dragon to be cute, well... hmm... this is kinda a action thing that i am writing... but i guess it will work:thumbsup: :drink:

Bunny36
07-08-2003, 02:22 PM
No it doesn't have to be cute lol
I was just experimenting

Inamichan
07-16-2003, 10:17 AM
Um. ^^; I just stumbled across this topic and i frequent a forum community that's been set up to deal with this question. ^^

http://ucm.metalbat.com

The forum has a recruiting section for all you writers/artists without a "significant other". And it's just a great atmosphere. :D

/plug

Bunny36
06-30-2004, 04:32 AM
Hi, I haven't been on this post for AGES. I don't think anyone else has much either. I've finally come up with a basic idea, I work slowly I know, but it's changed so much it doesn't really have much to do with the original idea. Weird how things do that.
The idea includes elemental magic and norse mythology (I love norse mythology).
My friends are going to hate me because every time they say something funny or interesting I go running to my notepad to write it down.

Bunny36
06-30-2004, 04:33 AM
It does still have at least one dragon though.

Chibi Bunni
07-01-2004, 01:09 AM
My friends are going to hate me because every time they say something funny or interesting I go running to my notepad to write it down.
Wow, now that's a real interesting way to go about creating character lines..

Bunny36
07-01-2004, 04:54 AM
:D It is kind of, isn't it. I want to use language that sounds realistic, i'm not great at speech that doesn't sound all fake and forced so I've deciced to study how people around me talk. I wish I had a microphone. Also I hope they don't mind.