PDA

View Full Version : Capcom vs SNK at ALA 2007

Michi
10-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Haha, prolly should've made this thread before Fanime's!

So, 2006's Capcom vs SNK gathering was SO much fun that I would love to do it again. Anyone else interested?

To be held Friday @ 5 pm.

SNK
Terry Bogard - Kamasu(?), Rann's friend
Kim Kaphwan - Honkeykong
Kyo Kusanagi - Rann's friend
Mature - Michi(?)
Vice - xcascax
Rock Howard - Rann
Ash Crimson - DizzyConscience

Capcom
Ryu - Kamasu(?)

Kamasu
10-25-2006, 11:52 PM
I'll either be there as Ryu or Terry.

Michi
10-26-2006, 12:40 AM
Awesome. ^^ I'll start making a list very soon in the first post; please keep the thread informed when you decide on which character. :3

xcascax
11-03-2006, 12:09 AM
I'll be there as Vice ^.^

Michi
11-04-2006, 03:29 AM
Started up a list!

Kamasu, I assumed you meant Ryu like in Street Fighter and not Ryo from KOF/AOF. *^^*

Kamasu
11-04-2006, 03:39 AM
Yeah Ryu in Street Fighter.

Anele
11-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Hey guys, just informed by Chaz that your meeting place in the lobby will probably not be such a good idea, as the lobby will probably be crowded enough as it is. Would it be too much to ask you guys to think about a different meeting place? Thanks guys, sorry about this!

Michi
11-08-2006, 01:44 PM
The lobby was really just planned as a meeting place; last year we met there, took a couple of shots, and then moved outside. Is that not okay?

Anele
11-08-2006, 01:59 PM
I personally don't see why this would be a problem, as you are just meeting there. But this is just what Chaz requested, please don't shoot the messenger ^^;; What I can do is talk to him more about it. I'll keep you updated?

Michi
11-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I totally understand. If you can tell him we were just going to round up there and then go together outside to pick a definite place, that would be great. But otherwise I guess I can just pick an outside place now instead. ^^;

Anele
11-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Okay, here is the direct response I got from a staff member when asking if it was okay for you guys to meet in the lobby:

Anele ~ There is a courtyard, not where the stage is, that can be accessed near the ConSuite. People can meet there before heading off to another location. We'd rather they meet there than in the lobby. It will save them the trouble of hearing me or my staff telling them to move along or keep a clear walk-way.

Sorry, guys -_- I tried.

Michi
11-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Don't worry about it all! Thank you so much for trying. Only thing I'm worried about is the fact that it was REALLY cold outside at 5 pm last year when we moved the gathering out there. X_X Are there any good inside gathering spots?

Anele
11-09-2006, 10:23 PM
I can understand your worry about the weather. With the weather being rather random at this point in the year (it was 105 in the valley a few days ago, and now it's gotten cooler again x_X Nothing says November and the coming holidays like 100+ degree weather! XP). At this point, I would suggest PMing Hazel Chaz, and let him know of your specific situation. I seriously don't know what good else I can do for you guys -_- If you need any more help, though, let me know.

Hazel Chaz
11-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I totally understand. If you can tell him we were just going to round up there and then go together outside to pick a definite place, that would be great. But otherwise I guess I can just pick an outside place now instead. ^^;
We're expecting an increase of about 50% more people than last year. So we're trying to plan ahead, and to not have large groups standing in the middle of the lobby blocking traffic.

Most cosplay gatherings are meeting in the garden area -- we have use of that all weekend, including the brick stage area, the fountain, the brook, and so forth. So we're going to put up a sign right there listing all of the gatherings, and when and where they're meeting.

Where did you go for your photos last year, when you met in the lobby and moved on?

Michi
11-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Where did you go for your photos last year, when you met in the lobby and moved on?

Outside, on the large grass area near the.. brick stage area, I suppose. But it was VERY cold so I'd prefer not to go outside again. We didn't last very long out there and I had to borrow another cosplayer's cape to wrap around me to stay warm!
5 pm on Friday is basically a tradition for these gatherings, but at that point in the day in January it's so cold outside that it's hard to take cosplay photos then. Are there no good inside gathering spots?

Hazel Chaz
11-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Outside, on the large grass area near the.. brick stage area, I suppose. But it was VERY cold so I'd prefer not to go outside again. We didn't last very long out there and I had to borrow another cosplayer's cape to wrap around me to stay warm!
5 pm on Friday is basically a tradition for these gatherings, but at that point in the day in January it's so cold outside that it's hard to take cosplay photos then. Are there no good inside gathering spots?
This year we're going to be pretty tightly packed in. But let me look into something; would you consider 6 o'clock if we could find a place indoors for you?

Michi
11-14-2006, 01:55 PM
That might work. ^^;

Hazel Chaz
11-14-2006, 08:27 PM
That might work. ^^;
What would you say to 6:00 pm Friday in LP4, then? LP4 is the room that's right next to the brick stage. It's going to be busy most of the convention -- for example, later Friday evening it'll have the Rum Party -- but at 6 o'clock it's available.

Eurobeat King
11-15-2006, 01:24 PM
This year we're going to be pretty tightly packed in

Can you clarify what you mean by being "packed in"? Is ALA sharing the hotel again with another event that same weekend? Last year with the wedding happening on Saturday, it caused a pretty big traffic jam as everybody there for ALA was told to go back to the lobby, which indeed got pretty "packed." :thumbsup:

Michi
11-15-2006, 02:36 PM
@_o; Won't we be kinda out of the way, then? Like, people would have to come to the room to find us and the point of gatherings is so people can walk by and go "Hey, a gathering of cosplayers!" and take pictures. o_o; Are LP rooms even good for cosplay gatherings? Haha, this is getting too confusing. I'll wear a warmer costume and deal with doing it outside, I think. XD;

Hazel Chaz
11-15-2006, 06:07 PM
@_o; Won't we be kinda out of the way, then? Like, people would have to come to the room to find us and the point of gatherings is so people can walk by and go "Hey, a gathering of cosplayers!" and take pictures. o_o; Are LP rooms even good for cosplay gatherings? Haha, this is getting too confusing. I'll wear a warmer costume and deal with doing it outside, I think. XD;
Take a look at this map of the tower/garden area of the hotel:
http://www.animelosangeles.org/anime-la/2007/tower-map.gif
Where it says MIDWAY GARDENS and BRICK STAGE, that's where most of the cosplay gatherings are going to be. There will be a sign posted listing all of the cosplay gatherings, there will be an aisle marked off so that people know where to stand in order to take pictures of the stage or fountain area without blocking traffic. Most of the day, this is going to be one of the high traffic areas with people moving between the dealers room and the live program rooms/con suite/video rooms/etc. Also, 6:00 Friday is when the dealers room closes -- so you'll have a lot of people coming out from the dealers room at that time.

And you see "LP4" right next to it? The wall is all glass windows and doors, so you can see what's going on through the windows.

All I'm asking is that you arrange to "meet and decide where to go next" in LP4, instead of the Lobby. I'm not asking you to stay there, although that option is available to you if you want to take your pictures indoors.

Can you clarify what you mean by being "packed in"? Is ALA sharing the hotel again with another event that same weekend?
No, we have the entire hotel, all weekend. But we're expecting up to 1800 people this time around; last year we had about 1200 by Saturday afternoon. This is why we're trying to plan ahead and move things around to minimize congestion. We're going to have designated aisles, as in "please don't stop in the aisles to talk or take pictures and thereby block traffic." Likewise, we're going to have places where you can stop and talk or pose for pix.

Gainax Boy
11-15-2006, 06:29 PM
LP4 also opens up into the Cosplay Gathering area (the doors slide open and anyone can walk in)

So, think of it like an extension of the Cosplay Gathering Area, but with 3 walls and a Roof ^__^

And yes, it will be free at 6pm if you want to use it :)

DizzyConscience
11-15-2006, 07:39 PM
I should be there as Ash Crimson, even though hes a KOF character.. <.<.. ;]

Michi
11-15-2006, 09:59 PM
All I'm asking is that you arrange to "meet and decide where to go next" in LP4, instead of the Lobby. I'm not asking you to stay there, although that option is available to you if you want to take your pictures indoors.

Oh no, having a meeting place isn't necessary. It was just a nice idea since it worked out well for us last year. I wouldn't want to have another place just to meet and then go outside. We can deal with outside, I'm sure. ^_^;;

I should be there as Ash Crimson, even though hes a KOF character.. <.<.. ;]

^^; That's fine! The character doesn't have to be from the actual Capcom vs SNK games. It's just a name to encompass all Capcom & SNK fighting game characters. ^^ I'll add you now!~

DizzyConscience
11-17-2006, 01:56 AM
^^; That's fine! The character doesn't have to be from the actual Capcom vs SNK games. It's just a name to encompass all Capcom & SNK fighting game characters. ^^ I'll add you now!~

^^ Hopefully I'll get it done in time, I should be able too. :3

Hazel Chaz
11-20-2006, 03:56 AM
Oh no, having a meeting place isn't necessary. It was just a nice idea since it worked out well for us last year. I wouldn't want to have another place just to meet and then go outside. We can deal with outside, I'm sure. ^_^;;
So -- can we please shift it to Friday 6pm in LP4, then?

Michi
11-20-2006, 01:01 PM
So -- can we please shift it to Friday 6pm in LP4, then?

Er, no, I was saying that I don't really want a room. I just find that too odd for a small gathering like this. We'll deal with outside at 5 pm. I just haven't had the time to go to the gathering list and fix it yet.

Michi
12-28-2006, 03:31 AM
Poor thread got kicked off the first two pages! Since the con is in about a month I think it's time to throw this back up here.

I have no idea if I can get the SNK costume I wanted to do finished in time for this con though... x_X

Rann
12-31-2006, 04:50 AM
Well if all goes well, me and two others should be able to make it. My friends will be going as Terry Bogard (original), Kyo Kusanagi (99'), and I will be sporting Rock Howard. ^_^;;

Michi
12-31-2006, 05:18 PM
Do your friends have Cosplay.com accounts or should I add them as just your friends? :x I updated the list and put them as "Rann's friends" for now. ^^

Michi
01-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Kicking this back up. I have two new costumes that are more important than my possible KOF one for this gathering, so I can't say for sure if I'll even be part of this. But I'll keep updating the list for the interested parties. :X

Honkeykong
01-13-2007, 03:53 AM
Sorry to hear that. I'll be bringing my Kim Kaphwan from the Fatal Fury and KoF Series.

Michi
01-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Added. Hopefully there will still be some great photos taken!

maggifan
01-22-2007, 02:13 AM
what is snk?

Youko_Kurama
01-22-2007, 03:32 AM
Hey Michi, I would like to be in this, but I do not plan on wearing Athena untill the costume contest. I might bring one of the other ones... maybe. Anyway I will see you there.

Michi
01-22-2007, 02:42 PM
what is snk?

The video game company behind The King of Fighters, Last Blade, Samurai Shodown, Fatal Fury, and some others. ^^ Basically, "Capcom vs SNK" was a game that put Capcom's fighting game characters against SNK's fighting game characters, so we use the title to encompass both company's characters for a gathering.

Kamasu
01-25-2007, 11:14 PM
I might have a problem showing up on Friday so I'm not sure that I'll be able to make it, but I'll try.