PDA

View Full Version : Resident evil 07

Iloveknives
10-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Will anyone be going as any resident evil people?

Eurobeat King
10-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Before people start replying here to form any possible RE gatherings, Hazel C. posted this in a thread back in April which may be discouraging to a lot of people out there:

Please note our weapons policy prohibits replica (or real or realistic) guns; leave your Airsofts and your orange-tipped plastic weapons at home. Our apologies to all the Resident Evil fans out there, and anyone who can't bear to be parted from their toy guns for the weekend.

So if he's still "sticking to his guns" with this rule, then I don't know if everyone wants to have a Resident Evil gathering w/o their guns.. (remembers the AX 2006 RE gathering..) :thumbsup:

xcascax
10-26-2006, 03:44 PM
tear T.T
well I did get in trouble last year for all my weapons (lets hide in the hallways);p
I might go as Rebecca Chambers so a may be safe:bigtu:

It will be a lonely without my side arm :bigcry:

Iloveknives
10-26-2006, 04:10 PM
gosh....... that really sucks man I wanted to bring my FAKE PLASITIC LOOKING GUN... but I guess I have to make one outta cardboard....

Iloveknives
10-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Before people start replying here to form any possible RE gatherings, Hazel C. posted this in a thread back in April which may be discouraging to a lot of people out there:

So if he's still "sticking to his guns" with this rule, then I don't know if everyone wants to have a Resident Evil gathering w/o their guns.. (remembers the AX 2006 RE gathering..) :thumbsup:

what happened at AX 2006 (i couldnt go.. :bigcry: ) like are they hating on air soft guns now?

Simmaria
11-04-2006, 02:44 AM
if your costume has a weapon heres a tip, dont bring it. this IS at an airport hotel and in Van Nuys. AX doesnt really have a good excuse, especially when Comic-Con is pretty much anything goes.

Captain Jack
11-04-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm still bringing' my HUNK costume. You don't need the weapons to have a good time. Or snap a neck.

Iloveknives
11-07-2006, 03:00 PM
I'm still bringing' my HUNK costume. You don't need the weapons to have a good time. Or snap a neck.

true very true but it still sucks not being able to bring our weapons... I GUESS I have to start crackin necks... jk jk

Hazel Chaz
11-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Before people start replying here to form any possible RE gatherings, Hazel C. posted this in a thread back in April which may be discouraging to a lot of people out there...

Thank you for bringing this up. We've printed the "no guns" rule on every single flyer, and we now have it front-and-center on the website too. I'm hoping we can avoid any misunderstandings. If you have any questions, feel free to ask for clarifications.

(And remind me to tell you the story of the idiot in the bunny suit...)

Captain Jack
11-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Idiot? Bunny suit? I like it already.

Hazel Chaz
11-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Idiot? Bunny suit? I like it already.
Convention at a hotel in the Washington DC area. Con Suite on the top floor, with a balcony. Man in bunny suit with fake gun, horsing around on the balcony.

xcascax
11-10-2006, 01:59 PM
got it, leave the weapons at home.
snapping necks is just as deadly, maybe a boot to face or two

Master Zero
11-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Count "El Boludo" to be there. ^^

Gash
11-14-2006, 11:06 PM
I'm always down for an RE gathering, gun or not. I just love wearing that military look. ^_^ So I will definitely be there.

AudioSilence
11-18-2006, 04:20 AM
I'll be there, hopefully. Umbrella Corporation Scientist/Doc..

Master Zero
11-20-2006, 04:07 PM
what happened at AX 2006 (i couldnt go.. :bigcry: ) like are they hating on air soft guns now?

Yeah, we got raided. Someone tipped off the AX peoples and busted us down. It blew. I mean, Im all for the RE gathering here, but half the fun of these types of gatherings with these kinds of characters is the ability to carry some weaponry with the costumes. But if the rules state we cant, then we cant have them. I'm all for a gathering, but thats up to you guys. Let me know.:skidude2:

BART Boy
12-13-2006, 03:32 AM
is this gathering still gonna happen? oO

i'm actually confirmed that I'll be coming to ALA and was hoping to see a Resident Evil gathering of some sort =O

if so I'll be coming in my Dress Coat RPD uniform ^_^ something I've been looking forward to wear!

Simmaria
12-13-2006, 03:36 AM
AX didnt get tipped off, they knew all along. they told me themselves that they knew by, duh, looking on the forums here. and they said they had the same problem last year. well if they had a problem last year, and they knew another gathering was coming, that's a good year to come up with some solution or alternative but no, instead they wait for it to happen and break it up.

Master Zero
12-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Good that you bring that up, Simmaria. I'm actually constructing a proposal that may allow us to have carry airsoft prop guns to conventions without being hassled and whatnot. It wont be ready for ALA, but if all goes well, It could be ready by AX2007.

Captain Jack
12-14-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm still down for the gathering. So long as it doesn't interfere with Zelda Gathering.

Master Zero
12-14-2006, 06:08 PM
cool.

BART Boy
01-05-2007, 03:55 AM
so is this gathering still gonna happen? what day and what time D=

Captain Jack
01-08-2007, 01:29 AM
I say Saturday at noon.

Master Zero
01-08-2007, 01:59 AM
works for me ^^

BART Boy
01-08-2007, 02:00 AM
i don't see a problem with that =D

so where are we going to have it? we only have a couple of days before the deadline for the gathering list expires.

ah screw I'll take charge of this gathering...ok, gathering will be at the pond (whereever that is I'll find it) at noon on saturday! I'll post it on the gathering thread right now.

Reaver
01-10-2007, 01:13 AM
I may come as Ada, but my hair has grown jsut a bit too long and I hate having to do this costume when its not looking JUST right XD

Master Zero
01-10-2007, 01:40 AM
ah... Ada Wong. My one true love....I mean, COOL! XD See ya there ^^

Quisty_Quest
01-10-2007, 11:56 PM
I'll be there as the annoying girl...A.K.A. Ashley XD

Captain Jack
01-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Ooh-rah.

Meadowknight
01-18-2007, 02:11 AM
Still trying to plot a way to make it..if I do come, I'll bring my herb props and Zombie Survival guide since I can't bring my lovley guns :bigcry:.

Master Zero
01-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Just go. We'll have fun just like at AM last year ^^ That was a DOPE gathering.

Merchant
01-19-2007, 07:16 PM
With the no guns bit in effect for this con I figured it would be the same zero tolerance with my fine products as well strangers heheheheheh that's why I'll be showing up in my RPD uniform as well heheheheheh

Captain Jack
01-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Hey, you could always show up as the Merchant who selss Yuri.

That'd be awesome.

stefaniecat
01-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Just thought I'd point out that there is no rule against knives.... or ... swords... or axes... or sword-chucks...

Find an in-game weapon that makes sense and isn't a gun... and then make it!
Cardboard and paint can be great for pics, but very obviously fake IRL to pass security issues.

Oh, and since I can't make the gathering (or the convention at all), bring your cameras, 'cause your main photographer is stuck in mundane real life that weekend

... Can someone make the kickline photos happen in my honor? ^^

Angel Tifa
01-20-2007, 07:58 PM
It look's like I can make it too this gathering as S.T.A.R.S. Jill Valentine. My friend offered me to come to ALA with her. Hopefully I can try to make a cardboard gun in less than a week if I have time ^^. If not, I'll just bring some of my herbs I've made back for AX06. See you all there ^^!

Hey AudioSilence, It'll be great you're coming and it'll be great to see ya again ^^. Hopefully I'll get a chance to call you before the weekend ends.

BART Boy
01-22-2007, 11:04 PM
It look's like I can make it too this gathering as S.T.A.R.S. Jill Valentine. My friend offered me to come to ALA with her. Hopefully I can try to make a cardboard gun in less than a week if I have time ^^. If not, I'll just bring some of my herbs I've made back for AX06. See you all there ^^!

Hey AudioSilence, It'll be great you're coming and it'll be great to see ya again ^^. Hopefully I'll get a chance to call you before the weekend ends.

Yay! I'm glad your coming! That means I get to have another Jill Sandwhich for lunch! XD

I'm glad we're getting more people coming to this gathering, we need more love! especially since there's no word on RE5 ><

Captain Jack
01-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Hmmm.....Melee weapons eh?

HUNK + Crowbar = Dead bodies everywhere

I'm game.

hojou
01-23-2007, 06:09 PM
When Is the Resident Evil Gathering? And Where

Merchant
01-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Saturday at Noon at the pond area near the stage

Master Zero
01-23-2007, 10:20 PM
I'll be there early though. Still gotta buy the badge and shoot. So lookout for "Boludo" STARS member ^^

Meadowknight
01-24-2007, 05:57 AM
Woohoo! I think I can actually come! My dad just got over a cold, so unless I catch that I seem to be all set :). I don't want to suffer through a con sick again, that sucked for AX..although I still had a good time. I'm gonna take vitamins all week and try to stay healthy ^_^. Thanks to Angel Tifa and her friends I have a place to stay this weekend! If it weren't for them I'd be screwed, thanks guys!

I just now thought of the perfect anti zombie weapon!! I'm going to attempt to make it in the next couple days, but it's hard to say whether I can pull something like this off on such short notice!! How many of you have read the zombie survival guide? Check page 35, 3rd paragraph ;). It talks about the WW1 style trench spike! I'm going to try and sculpt and paint one in two days, but I dunno if I can so wish me luck! I'm also bringing my REAL chainsaw, I took it apart and removed the blade, and it's broken so it wouldn't work even with a blade...it should be fine to bring if we just bring it to the gathering. I'll also bring my 4 herb props with their pots and my Zombie Survival Guide.

HUNK with a crow bar?? Those scare me, just break my neck as usual please . That's Captain Jack's way of greeting me at each con :P, lol.

Also, if any of you guys know anyone willing to be zombies, please encourage them!! There's never enough undead at these RE gatherings and it would make the group so much more entertaining! If any of you are up for a night shoot..we should try and arrange one at some point over the weekend. I don't ahve a good camera though, so I can't help there :(.

Merchant, I think you SHOULD bring you Merchant cosplay, there's allot of random things you can sell that would be amusing ^_^...it would make the gathering richer. Hope to see all you guys wish me luck with my trench spike! here's a pic of what these things look like!

http://arms2armor.com/Knives/trench.jpg

AudioSilence
01-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Ahem... ::cough:: Most Excellent. =]

Can't wait to see my favorite Jill and Claire again.

Wish I wasn't working so much this week. Would have considered running around looking for some stage makeup for a zombie look. ::laughs::

Captain Jack
01-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Scratch that, I made myself a prop lead pipe. Also, good luck with that trench spike!

Meadowknight
01-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks! almost done with the sculpting part on the trench spike! kicked almost the entire thing out last night in a couple hours! I made the entire thing from foil and sculpted over it..it won't be perfect since it's rushed, but if I have time I'm gonna paint blood all over it XD!! I'm not into the gore thing, but you gotta embrace it with a weapon like this :bigtu:! And of course..gotta embrace the gore when it comes to zombies anyway..lol.

A pipe? cool..I'll still take a neck break over that though, ouchies :lost:.

Sorry Audio, I just found out last minute I CAN go to this con, like last night, everything was up in the air until then. I'll try and call you tonight or tomorrow, or try and call me...I'll be home the whole time so it'd be better if you called me (I don't know your work schedule), you can call until 11:30pm any night. Only don't call Thursday between 9&10 PM because I watch Supernatural ^_^...Dean.. *nose bleeds*.

Master Zero
01-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Word. ^^

Meadowknight
01-25-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm seriously gonna try and recruit a Wesker..sucks never having one for these gatherings..and zombies, I guess they've finally become an endangered species XD.

Angel Tifa
01-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Yeah seriously, an RE gathering just isn't the same without a Wesker :(.

Yeah can't wait to see my favorite Umbrella Doc and favorite Claire again ;)!

I'm leaving for Suzushichan's house right now, and we'll leave for ALA tommorow. See everyone there ^__^!

Meadowknight
01-26-2007, 02:59 AM
Yeah seriously, an RE gathering just isn't the same without a Wesker :(.

Yeah can't wait to see my favorite Umbrella Doc and favorite Claire again ;)!

I'm leaving for Suzushichan's house right now, and we'll leave for ALA tommorow. See everyone there ^__^!

I'm just finishing up packing! I'm bringing the herb pros and Zombie Guide, but I have so much supplies and crap I'm bringing (food/stuff I need), I'm probably going to leave the chainsaw behind....not sure if any of my buddies will be around when I'm getting there to help me get my stuff to the room. I'll be showing up at around 1:15/1:30. If anyone checks this thread again before I'm off, please let me know if I should bring the chainsaw. Cant' wait to see ya too Dot! I also haven't seen the little Umbrella Scum in ages ^_^.

Angel Tifa
01-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey guys :D! I've had loads of fun this year and super super super glad I didn't miss it this year like I did last year. I took alot of cool pics *coming soon*. The Jill sandwhich photo was especially fun, glad ya enjoyed BART boy, lol :P, it was also awsome meeting you. Angela, Rachel, Master Zero, Merchant, and Joseph(lemme know if I missed anybody), it was wonderfull to see you guys again. Stefanie, I hope ya like the pics when I get them up ^^, and thanks for the cardboard gun suggestion, though it was so retarded when the con staff got strict and told me to take the gun too my room(even though it was fricken cardboard :argue: )! Next time I'll just try to make the knife weapon(sorry Angie, forgot the name of it :P), or something else like a regular knife to replace it. It least it alot of ways the cardboard gun was easy to hide. Hope to hear back from the rest of you guys soon ^^.

Master Zero
01-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I loved this gathering! I'll be posting my pics soon enough.

Maxi Luca
01-29-2007, 03:16 PM
It was HELLA FUN! And great meeting cool people. I have tons of pic, but I need to develope them (yeah I'm old school with no digi camera). I'll be sure to upload them for everyone to see.

And I'm sorry, I had a Wesker, but he flaked. Next time, assuming he comes, I WILL make him be Wesker, and we can all gang up on him.

Captain Jack
01-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Hey let's not forget my crew, who showed up as ZOMBIES! LOL. Had tons of fun with you guys, as always.

Meadowknight
01-30-2007, 01:28 AM
Yeah I had a great time at the gathering, glad we had some zombies finally..just a shame we couldn't have our guns this time XD!! The zombies must have been tipped off we'd be vulnerable...was this an attempt to clear your path to the G virus HUNK??...shifty...shifty..just wait til you see some of the shots that were taken and you'll see just how evil he is.

Iloveknives
01-31-2007, 09:57 AM
If I see you guy's at anime expo I want a photoshoot with all of you! and hopefully we can bring our guns.

Angel Tifa
01-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Hey let's not forget my crew, who showed up as ZOMBIES! LOL. Had tons of fun with you guys, as always.

Oh no definetly not :P. The zombies even made a bad-ass enterance and we all started blasting them away :rockon: !

I'll probably see most of you at Ani-Zona, along with Meadowknight and AudioSilence.

Captain Jack
01-31-2007, 04:04 PM
I aint evil, I'm just good lookin'.

LOL, thanks for that one Alice Kooper.

BART Boy
01-31-2007, 04:10 PM
those zombies set us up the bomb!! :o

that gathering was actually more fun than I expected!! ^^

I got my Jill Sandwhich and it was very delicious!! >3

Master Zero
01-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah, BartBoy, I got a pic of that. I guess the next Gathering will be at AX. Anyone know the AX weapons policy yet???

Meadowknight
02-01-2007, 10:26 AM
I aint evil, I'm just good lookin'.

LOL, thanks for that one Alice Kooper.

....Evil........*runs*..NO MORE NECK SNAPPIES!! AHHHHHH!!!! :lost:

Bartboy- I didn't see you takeing the Jill sandwhich pics but I just saw the photos the other day XD!!!! Sooo funny..

stefaniecat
02-01-2007, 03:30 PM
/waves

I loved the death scene shots (Bart Boy's site) with everyone just lying down on the job ;)

I'm proud that everyone got creative, and found a way to have Resident Evil within the bounds of the restrictions on our props.

I'll be keeping my eyes on this thread for more pics from the gathering, etc. Wish I could have been there, especially after seeing the pictures.

Sagara-san
02-01-2007, 05:55 PM
He he. We recruited the medic...poor girl. Next RE Gathering Imma see if I can pull off my Ram Skull or Bronze Skull Face Zealot, scythe n'all.

Meadowknight
02-02-2007, 07:25 AM
He he. We recruited the medic...poor girl. Next RE Gathering Imma see if I can pull off my Ram Skull or Bronze Skull Face Zealot, scythe n'all.

That'd be freaking sweet!

Sagara-san
02-06-2007, 04:06 AM
Thanks.....

Meadowknight
02-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Thanks.....

Hope you can pull it off by AX, never seen that done before. If not, maybe you and the crew can be zombies again ^_^.