PDA

View Full Version : Small shout outs-oni-con 06

trevinokenjiro
10-25-2006, 08:45 PM
1# Just saying thanks to Cherrys friend in the Hojo cosplay. Thank you so much sweet heart for helping me with my costume! You rock!

2# Mister Amano- for coming to Oni-con & signing my costume. ^_^ I'm so happy the hat I gave you fit! XD

3# To Cherry. Awww so many props to give to Cherry the Goddess of Oni-con. You went threw so much and were so strong. *hugz*

4#Space Invader, Pocky Fairy, Crystal, Gordon, Knight Fall N everyone else... It was good haning out with you Sat night. That was a Blast!

5# To Jace,Jill, Steven, Charles, Drew, & Jaces brother. (haha i need to remeber your name some day. please for give me ;_; ).
It was kick butt meeting you & hanging out with you guys!. I had a great time with all of you!

6# To this little girl. WOW just wow. It was so hard trying not to cry. she was & is just amazeing! http://flickr.com/photos/dowxp/276379181/in/set-72157594339925410/

7# to everyone whom attened oni-con 06. Hope you all have a wonderful kick sweet A** time? I know I did. Even though haha the con felt so short.

rabidfanboy
10-25-2006, 09:25 PM
My shoutouts:

My roommates SchizoIori, Jonobi, PockyFairy, Uchiha and astillar. It was awesome rooming with you guys.

Amaya it was cool getting to hangout with you more this con.

Ao, all my roommates, Amaya, Space Invader and everyone else who joined us in the hotel lobby. That was a blast kickin' it Saturday night.

Jeanette, it was cool getting to see you again and hanging out Thursday night.

The Spawn (Creator of Light I believe) and Jenova cosplayers who I chatted with during the contest.

Cherry for hosting an awesome contest and Sailor Jamboree for coming out to perform for us.

Thanks for making this con super-duper fun!!!

Cat-Chans
10-25-2006, 11:03 PM
BLEACH WUHT WUHT
<3

Jonobi and Pockyfairy: lets always be line buddies

ACDF Crew: We will PWN DFWCS at Ikki (:<

tahiti: Thanks for being my flower card, I had fun in the cosplay show

Amaya and Pockyfairy: THNX for harrasing me as Haruhi XD

CC: Thanks for being my cohort in the Naruto VS Bleach insanity, lets do it better for Ikkicon

Loli Ninjas: Those Narutards never saw us coming (<

SRSLY
BLEACH 4 LYFE

Syphon
10-25-2006, 11:14 PM
Let's see....

Boss-San, Calin Solen, and the rest of the group!

Reno, Tifa, and the Cait sith we hung out with on Saturday evening!

The Sephiroth and Jenova!

All who took pictures of us!

THANK YOU!

Saigo
10-25-2006, 11:37 PM
hmmm...

my roomates ( Syphon and Ryan )

Boss-San , Calin Soren, and the rest

Reno, Tifa, and Cait Sith we hung out with on Saturday Night

RaverSakura!

Chibi Gara

The Jing i met... the OTHER jing

DiceKay

and everyone who took my picture and is refusing to post them online... :P

i wanna see myself...

lol

THANKS EVERYONE

Bosch Parano
10-25-2006, 11:49 PM
cat-chan for her great help in the shots.

Everyone at NvB.

The Nine Tailed Fox kitsune person from naruto since you pounced me.

The Jet who showed me how to make a cig like his.

Anyone who took my pic...No really I've asked on like four sites...Cough'em up...Please...

The Black Gai/Mike since he was great...

That one masked ninja who liked to hang out with who I never got a name from.

All the fan girls who got mad when I asked for ID...

And anyone I forgot.

Hee-Hee
10-26-2006, 12:08 AM
First and foremost: All the people who helped take care of me when I was sick. Aside from my wonderful roomies, this includes Cherry, Andy the Medic, the awesome Jet who gave me crackers, and all the staff helping backstage at the Cosplay Contest on Saturday. I didn't get everyone's names, but I'm very thankful to everyone that put my health before their other duties.

Second: All the cool people I met! Willie, Jonobi, SchizoIori, Jenova, just to name a few. I didn't get to hang around and talk with everyone as long as I would have liked, but don't worry, there'll be more opportunities!

Third: To everyone that took pictures of/ complimented my Paine cosplay. It's always great to hear praise, and each comment made my day better. ^^

Digital Blush
10-26-2006, 12:18 AM
shout out to everyone in my room: Jonobi, SchizoIori, PockyFairy, Astillar, RapidFanboy, and our temp roommate Amaya XD

also to Ao sorry we didnt get to talk much but it was nice hanging out saturday night.

everyone in the amano contest and saturday night cosplay i loved everyones costumes ^^ nice work everyone.

Lady Saea
10-26-2006, 01:37 AM
RabidFanBoy: You were awesome as a roommate. We definitely need to hang out in the future.

Uchiha: You rock. It was awesome to finally actually meet you and get to hang out.

Cat-chan: Definitely! line buddies for life. Once I finish my Yue, you and Tahiti should join with our CCS group. :D

Hee-hee: You made a GREAT Paine! It was nice meeting you at the FF shoot. ^_^

Ao: Your costumes are crazy awesome. I LOVED them. It was cool semi-hanging out with you on saturday night as well. :D

tahiti
10-26-2006, 01:45 AM
Let's see..

To the KH crew: Thanks for singing happy birthday to my sister. It almost made her cry!
To Cat-Chan: You are teh awesome. Thanks again for letting me participate in my first masquerade with ya!
To rabidfanboy: Please GOD don't post that picture of me looking like a retard XD;; I have enough of those already. (Well, maybe okay you can.. since you've taken two awesome shots so far. Might as well throw in the r-tard one.)
To PockyFairy: Srsly, why don't we hang out more?! YOU LIVE IN MY BACKYARD!
Jonobi: Yay for costumes that could get us in trouble for indecent exposure! Yes, I'd love to join your CCS group, because Flower Card gets no love (I'm not Shrek!), more group fun.
Amaya: Uhh.. we didn't get to hang out at all except for when we were sitting near each other. MOREMOREMORE!
Kyandi: You make my Sailor Moon fandom HAPPY!
Space Invader: Thanks for letting me pick your brain and whatnot. Cuz me = idiot when it comes to wigs.
Saigo and Syphon: Keep on spreadin' the KH love.
Uhh.. that's all for now =D;;

SchizoIori
10-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Cherry: I know you were stressed, but you did a beautiful job holding everything together. I had a great time at cosplay contest having you as the host.

Rabidfanboy: It was awesome having you in the room! THanks for the drink.

astillar: It was nice to formally meet you and fun having you in the room.

Cat-chan: Your egl kiba was so cute! I can't wait for the egl bleach! And I'll have the dream card sometime soon. :D

Ao: Your stuff was beautiful and it was fun doing the pizza party in the lobby.

SpaceInvader: dinner and drinks were fun. Let's do drinks again at ikki. :D

Ryo-sama, Kyandi-chan, Megumibish: Man dinner and fortune cookies were so much fun. You guys are like the best dinner crew. And congrats on your engagement megumi!

Hee-hee: I'm, glad you're better now. It was nice to meet you. ^^

Danzik and Kimba: You guys are so cool, I can't wait for the bout of rivalry at Ikki. ^__^

All the people who hung out in the lobby with us after the not so masquerade-masquerade.

To my roomies: You guys were the best! I had so much fun and I hope we can do it again for another con.

To all the cool and wonderful people I met: I'm glad to have met you and hope I see you at another con.

Etsu
10-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Cherry- I can't thank you enough for organizing the Amano Cosplay Showcase, which showed me what I was missing by not participating in cosplay contests.

Musoka and PockyBoxRyoChan - I'm glad I ran into y'all or I would've been hopelessly lost. Isn't it kind of a cool coincidence that I wound up between y'all in line? ^_^

Scortia, SpaceInvader, Chibie Yunie, Uchiha, and all the other Amano Showcase participants - It was great finally getting to meet y'all, and for those of y'all I didn't get a chance to talk to, I hope we see each other again (at a time when my brain isn't fried from an biochemistry exam @_@).

Scott, Andre, Megan, Greg, and Alex - Thanks for supporting me in Showcase and putting up w/ any weird behavior I might've exhibited throughout the weekend. Jo Mai Anime represent!

Becky - I'm glad you enjoyed the con. Hopefully next time we'll be able to spend more time there, and one day, I'll get you and Katy to cosplay. Mwahaha! (I'm such an evil roommate.)

Photographers - Thanks for the great pictures. Y'all don't get enough recognition for the hard work y'all do.

Con staff - I know I've complained about the lack of maps and scheduling issues, but y'all did work very hard. I look forward to what's in store for next year!

And finally, Amano-san - Doumo arigato gozaimasu for gracing us w/ your presence backstage and for just coming down to Houston!

Cherry
10-26-2006, 03:00 PM
;_; You guys make me melt. Thank you. It's things like this that make me take back my desperate ' I should quit!' thoughts at the end of a stressful convention.

I just want to give a shout-out to my staff, which kept me sane while juggling all my activities. . . and my partner, Gren for being rad as always.

I also want to give a shout out to all the participants in the Amano Showcase and the Main Cosplay. You guys are so awesome that it puts me in awe every time. <3 Without you this couldn't happen.

FlameSniperRei
10-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Hello everyone!
This is FlameSniperRei (Beatrix/Lenne in the show) from Sailor Jamboree. I apologize for the delay in responding here, I've caught the cold. One of our girls (Garnet/Yuffie) was sick during the convention as well. ;_;

But anyway, thank you all for watching us during the masquerade, we had a blast performing at Oni-Con. Everyone at the convention was so friendly and supportive! We loved every moment! I also want to give props to the staff for running a fantastic masquerade, and a big thank you to Cherry & Khamryn for everything ya'll did to make sure we were taken care of! <3

Cherry
10-26-2006, 04:03 PM
<333 AND A HUGE shout out to Sailor Jamboree. Thank you guys again. I hope to have you guys back and give you a longer show time, on your own event so that cosplayers can also come see your show.

Jesus, you girls can -sing-. :D

Kissmedeadly24
10-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Alright shout outs for me go out to:

Jonobi, SchizoIori, PockyFairy, and all those rooming with them! It was cool hanging around in your room Saturday, hope you guys enjoyed the cookies. Especially to Jonobi and SchizoIroi, it was awesome walking around and talking to you. I hope to see you at Ikkicon!

To Cherry, thank you so much for pulling together what you did. Even though there were some issues, you took it in stride and you are an Oni-con goddess for that. Not to mention I loved your costumes!

To everyone in my room, thanks for all the madness. Especially Laura... Thanks for the experience of attaching intestinesand other such body parts. I swear it was fun even if it was a bit awkward.

Here's one for Christian, I hope the drama that landed you in our room for the weekend has ended. On to happier times!

To everyone at the KH shoot! It was great seeing some of you again and awesome getting to meet the new ones. It was fun guys. And I hope you enjoyed the Paopu cookies. (There will be Heartless cookies at Ikki.)

To Pharoah, it was awesome seeing you and talking to you even though bth of us were so busy running around everywhere. I can't wait to see you again at Ikki for our Timeless River cosplay.

And finally to HeeHee, it was too cool getting to see you there. I loved seeing the Paine costume up close and the Mugetsu cosplay made my day. I know I already sent you a get well thing on myspace, but I'll say it again. I hope you feel 100% soon!

And that's it for now. ^^

Zerocount
10-26-2006, 07:38 PM
I'd like to shout out to my cousin Rachel (Sasuke) that did all the sewing of my costume, which included my hat, and pants. My hat is the best Kankurou hat I've seen.

I'd also like to thank the Hilton for housing this wonderful convention. All the people that went to the convention, and all those that were fellow Narutards!

I personally loved the experience, this was my first Con, and it wont be my last! Watch out people. :reverse:

Amaya De'Morte
10-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Jonobi, Rabidfanboy, Shizoiori, Astillar: You guys are crazy fun to be around. Thanks for putting up with my crazy jokes allll weekend long!

To ze dopplegangers: Viva la Dopplegangers! every one of you make cosplay soo much fun. I'm glad I met you all at my first convention, and get to continue to hang out with you^^ I'm so happy for Megumi and Omni- Congradulations, guys!

Spaceinvader: Ho shite crazyness. You're the coolest person evar.

Ao: It was nice to get to hang around and talk to you a bit. congradulations on the cosplays^^

Crystal: OOHHH BOB SAGET. I can't wait to hang out with ya more at ikkicon and beyond. Viva la Full house!

Pockyfairy: you're the best twin/friend I could ever ask for! I love ya loong time!

Everyoneelse: We all need to hang out more, yoz. Everyone of you make cosplay and conventions more fun that it could ever be on my own^^ Thanks for making the weekend an incredibly enjoyable thing!

Bob Saget- for inspiring lots of mad mad jokes, and tons of laughter. You may never know it, but you're the inspiration for many conversations XDD

Jet_Texas
10-27-2006, 12:52 AM
Cosplay staff for dealing with all the extra challenges, esp the med situation handled with aplomb.

Knightfall
10-28-2006, 11:47 PM
To Uchiha, Pocky Fairy, Jonobi, Amaya De'Morte, Ao, Chibi Yunie, Space Invader, Cherry and Marzgurl: Thank you all for making this a great con experience. Hope to see you all again soon! *coughikkiconcough*

Lady Saea
10-29-2006, 11:43 AM
*coughseeyathere* Yay Knightfall. :D

PockyFairy
10-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Amaya, Jonobi, Uchiha, SchizoIori, RabidFanboy, Knightfall, Astillar, Space Invader, the Dopplegangers, KissMedeadly, Tahiti, Cat-chan, and anyone else I hung out with, thanks for making this the best con yet! I look forward to hanging out again at ikki!

astillar
10-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Okay, I give in. Let's see . . .

First off, props to my ACDF peeps (forgive me if I forget any; there's just SO MANY of us), Cat-chan, Danzikumaru, Evil_Kimba, EverEvolvingGirl, JennyBunny.
Now for my roomies. They were mostly from the Metroplex, but we can't all be perfect: Full-House-fetishist Amaya, the sorta-cute PockyFairy and mini-Vivi, RabidFanBoy with his mad photography (and drink-mixing) skillz, the super cosplay duo SchizoIori and Jonobi, and Uchiha with her coat which I still fantasize about. It was . . . eye-opening to room with such skilled cosplayers.
My neighbors, skank-pirate SolarVortex and her LA/MS crew. You guys were the best Digimon there, hands down.
The DFW people at Hobbit Cafe that we harrassed until they accepted our challenge. And gave us sugar.
That one Trekkie-Cowboy we found. Whoever you are, wherever you are . . . *salute*

Fallen)x(Angel
10-29-2006, 08:30 PM
1. To all the Axels that did the can-can with me at the Saturday photoshoot. It's fun to be in an organized dance.

2. To the Roxas that I proposed to for pictures in the dealer's room saturday morning. 'Twas much fun, thank you for taking my pinwheel as a ring of love. :]

3. To saigo and his Jing costume. I spent half a day sprinting around the convention center trying to find you but I never did. Great costume none-the-less.

4. To all the other Death Note cosplayers at the con, esp. the raito and misa misa that ran around with me on friday and went into the dealer's room with me on sunday and have a swarm of people take our pictures every two feet. It was a blast to hang out with you guys, let's do it again sometime!

5. To everyone I hung out with in the Saturday night concert line. It was really nice of you to hold my friends and my places in line whenever we had to check in with parents or go back to the hotel room for food. Thanks. And also to those people that were sitting with me in the autograph line. It was great talking to you all, and I hope to see you at another convention!

6. Last and best one, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO KNEW I WAS L AND NOT SOME SCARY CHICK WHO LOOKED LIKE SHE WAS HIGH ON LSD. I love you all!

SchizoIori
10-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Okay, I give in. Let's see . . .

First off, props to my ACDF peeps (forgive me if I forget any; there's just SO MANY of us), Cat-chan, Danzikumaru, Evil_Kimba, EverEvolvingGirl, JennyBunny.
Now for my roomies. They were mostly from the Metroplex, but we can't all be perfect: Full-House-fetishist Amaya, the sorta-cute PockyFairy and mini-Vivi, RabidFanBoy with his mad photography (and drink-mixing) skillz, the super cosplay duo SchizoIori and Jonobi, and Uchiha with her coat which I still fantasize about. It was . . . eye-opening to room with such skilled cosplayers.
My neighbors, skank-pirate SolarVortex and her LA/MS crew. You guys were the best Digimon there, hands down.
The DFW people at Hobbit Cafe that we harrassed until they accepted our challenge. And gave us sugar.
That one Trekkie-Cowboy we found. Whoever you are, wherever you are . . . *salute*

Haha super Cosplay duo sounds like some cheesy heroes thing. XD It's going to be tough to battle you out at the next meeting now that you stayed in our room.

HackerEd
10-29-2006, 10:04 PM
1.To all my Bleach peeps- We always have fun, ne? Twister was fun dispite Saejima being a little too...into the game. Next time I look forward to Bleach karaoke without getting my Bleach army knocked over.

2.To Danzig and Kimba- I feel kinda sad because we didn't hang out too much. Hope you guys like your gift, and thanks for letting me sneak up on stage at the pose off. I do believe this is the second time I've done that.

3.To Cat-chan- Your organization skills rock. Much love.

4.To Kagz, EaredInuyasha and LEGORenji- I love my bleach family, they give lotsa hugs. And Renji, thanks again for saving my bottles.

5.To everyone that managed to snag one of my famous cookies- Thanks for helping the legend grow^^ I swear those things are more popular than I am. But in any case, I hope you all enjoyed them as much as you say you did. The compliments make me very happy^^

6. To Amaya and the other few people who recognized my Olette cosplay- Thank you sooooooooooo much. Seriously.

rabidfanboy
10-30-2006, 11:59 AM
the sorta-cute PockyFairy and mini-Vivi

*insert shocked exclamation* She's the extremely-cute PockyFairy. :toothy:

LEGO Renji
10-30-2006, 04:19 PM
4.To Kagz, EaredInuyasha and LEGORenji- I love my bleach family, they give lotsa hugs. And Renji, thanks again for saving my bottles.

5.To everyone that managed to snag one of my famous cookies- Thanks for helping the legend grow^^ I swear those things are more popular than I am. But in any case, I hope you all enjoyed them as much as you say you did. The compliments make me very happy^^

No problem, Ed, hope you can find enough room for the bottles. On that note, thank you again for the ornament, as well as your famous cookies. Oh, don't worry about the popularity thing, while not nearly as famous as your cookies, I'm pretty sure that darned sword of mine is better known than I am, haha ::leers at LEGO Zabimaru::

And as for everyone else;

Cat-Chan: Again, thanks for keeping us (the Bleachers) all together for the photoshoots and party. I doubt half of us would even know each other if it were not for your organizational skills.

Bleachers: I know I already thanked and praised many of you in the Bleach Shoutouts thread, but here I repeat those many comments of thanks for the great time which was had. Hope to see you all at the next event.

Eared Inu-Yasha & RabidAnt: Once again, thank you for making the 10th Division Homeless Shelter a reality. There wouldn't have been nearly as many funny moments without it and I would probably have had to pay more for a room if otherwise.

And to everyone who praised my sword in all its LEGOy frailness, thank you so much, I really appreciated it. As for the costume themselves, that credit goes to Mel-Mel-Chan and the wig & makeup go to Asmaria, be sure to give both of them due compliments. Also, I thank everyone who recognized my Cop Renji outfit for what it was and not a Reno-Renji crossover, hee hee.

Raver-Sakura
10-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Tooooo:

Saigo: It was awesome skipping with you to the pose-off! :3 Though sorry we didnt hangout as much! we shall make it up now! >D

Rapid Fanboy: I'll PM you a link to the bellydancing site where you can get a hipscarve JUST for you! <3 I'd love to see you bellydance and shake your butt again one day! *laughs*

Amaya: YOU WERE AN AWESOME KAORU! *many hearts*

Fallen Angel: MY IMOUTO-CHAN! I wandered off alot but I still <3 you! :)

Cat-chan: I love your Ichigo Loli outfit still, its so cute. ^^

Mr.Meows: D'AWWWW You were the coolest Haru EVER! I want you to be my Haru now k? :3 It was really awesome to finally hangout for a bit.

Danzig and Kimba: You two just plain rock, I always have fun at the pose-off to I thank you greatly!

everyone else: sorry I didnt mention you but it was great talking to you all and goofing around as per usual! :D hope to see ya at other cons.

MisterMeows
11-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Hooray for everyone from ACDF, that somehow managed to make my socially-inept self seem at ease. lol

The kitty girl and boy that I randomly met outside and hung out with for half the con.

Ao, cuz she's the bestest, and I never get to see her anymore, so at least I got a couple hugs to tide me over till the next Con.

Cherry, for putting up with us cosplayers and not bashing our heads in with a mallet for our difficulties with the idea of 'lining up'.

Raver-sakura, hooray for getting to talk to you some, and hopefully a lot more at the next cons. I will always be yer Haru! :D (as well as the Haru of the others who happen to claim me. lol)

Oh, and to everyone who screamed and yelled and whatnot when I did my Haru cosplay, thankies! *blush*

Indome
11-28-2006, 06:39 PM
HAHA! Shout out to all my buddies whom i met at the oni-con!
I bet none of them are on here but that's ok!
If any of you don't know who I am, I was Sasuke Whore.

Death - I luv you! :D but if you ever tap my ass again, I shall beat the living crap out of you...
Chris - I had fun at the rave, you stalker, you!
Cody - My sexy summerschool friend who can't put on eyeliner.
Cody's Crossdressing Friend who's name I can't remember - OMG I love you! You so kawaii!
All the yaoi-fangirls who complimented my costume :D
[Will yuri for yaoi!!]