PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Picnic, Bowling, holiday?

Lumasnati
10-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Well.

HELLO EVERYONE!

Here's something that I have been meaning to get to. ^^;;

We need to set out a date for a picnic or something... Or a bowling trip.

Here's the thread where we can do it. Let's come up with some ideas.

NiceGai44
10-26-2006, 11:44 AM
We've done cosplaying bowling a lot its pretty fun. FYI Lee Distrcit Park has great rates on room in their facility and the area outside is really wooded so you can take a lot of great pics there.

Lumasnati
10-26-2006, 11:47 AM
-thinks- So... Maybe we should host a picnic there? Or maybe we should do some bowling in December? ^____^ That would be fun! We could also exchange gifts or something!!

OHH! A christmas party! We could have a fun Christmas party and exchange gifts and stuff. <3

darknessorlight
10-26-2006, 01:30 PM
A Christmas party sounds fun, and exchanging gifts is a good idea.

Lumasnati
10-26-2006, 04:23 PM
I mean, it's a great idea. We all come to a someone's house [not mine... my parents would label us as freaks and thow us out...]

dance, play games, have a big dinner together like it was Christmas and exchange gifts. ^___^

Skyline Kyo
10-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Christmas party does sound like a great idea!

As for a picnic... omg it's too cold outside! *From the south so I am not used to this freezing weather :(*

makotohanabi
10-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Picnics can wait until Spring/Summer. It's too cold now.

What about cosplay ice skating? Reston Town center should have ice skating soon.

Lumasnati
10-26-2006, 07:32 PM
^^;; Ice Skating would be dangerous for most costumes and I can't skate to save my life.

Ichigogami
10-26-2006, 11:11 PM
I think its a good idea, save the ice skating... never again.. I did a total anime fall last time and whacked my head on the ice.

I was skating around then, suddenly one skate slipped up, above me, the other slipped and I think my head made bonk noise too....

Maybe just a Christmas Version of any costumes we have, and in a park or a cafe or something, and have a gift exchange.
Ice skating sounds good, but I'm partial to roller blading on wood...

Ichigogami
10-26-2006, 11:14 PM
BUT! If we do the gift exchange we have to set a money limit or exchange gifts multiple times...Due to the fact that if someone buys a 10 dollar gift and then exchanges it with someone who bought a 20 dollar gift it'll be awkward to say the least...

Saxinthehall
10-27-2006, 12:16 AM
I like the gift exchange idea. Ice saking I'm not to big of a fan of since the last few times I've gone I've had problems getting skates that weren't falling part and trying to break my bones.

Lumasnati
10-27-2006, 07:30 AM
^^;; Alright then.

We'll have a Christmas party. We'll set the gift limit at 20 dollars. Gai's party this saturday is a good idea to find out what people like..

Ichigogami
10-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Yatta! also figure out a location and a date, because we all need to know when to schedule it for.... OMG tomorrows the party, get ready to party down Gai-sensei/Lycoris-chan style!!

Lumasnati
10-27-2006, 01:35 PM
-thinks- December... 16th or the 23rd. Both are Saturdays. We can all get together for a large dinner as a group and open presents under a tree we all decorate. ^____^

darknessorlight
10-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Ok so it's either on December 16th 0r the 23rd, got it. So where exactly will it be held at?

Lumasnati
10-27-2006, 08:18 PM
See, now that is a good question. ^^;;

I wish we could host it at my place... but my parents are absolutely anal about my cosplay and let alone more weirdo's... no offense to you guys, who do it. X__X; They'd NEVER let me have a cosplay christmas party...

I wish I could host it at my house..

But my parents would LOATHE the leftovers...

darknessorlight
10-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Yeah my mom isn't really fond of letting me invite people she doesn't know to my house.

Lumasnati
10-27-2006, 09:28 PM
More or less... My mom is more like:

You have freaky weird immature friends...

SO no.. No friends over...

She thinks Cosplaying is stupid and weird... -groan-

Ichigogami
10-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Why not try for a park nearby, there's a park near where i live and my sister used to work there, its a cool place for taking photos, but i don't know if you all want to drive down to Montross Virginia, but it's only an hour out of Fredericksburg Virginia, not too far from Woodbridge, maybe an hour and a half at most

LaPetiteSalope
10-28-2006, 12:01 AM
awww a christmas party sounds really cute! ^_^

You know...we can always rent a space out (it doesn't exactly HAVE to be at someone's house) like a poolhouse (the pool's not open of course XD but we can still use the space)

AHhhh- lets make the meetup somewhere close to the metropolitan area please? (ie, Northern Virginia/Metro accessible)

Lumasnati
10-28-2006, 04:07 PM
They all sound like wonderful ideas.

Ichigogami
11-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I set up a Forum Exclusively for the December get together to be planned, Akuseru since we're planning it together I put us as people scheduling it, but your name is first since you thought up the wonderful idea!

Black-Minerva
11-04-2006, 09:45 AM
-thinks- December... 16th or the 23rd. Both are Saturdays. We can all get together for a large dinner as a group and open presents under a tree we all decorate. ^____^

This sounds interesting. Is this something open to cosplayers over 18?

Lumasnati
11-04-2006, 04:34 PM
^^;; Well.

What exactly were you thinking of? o.O;

Ichigogami
11-04-2006, 11:16 PM
everyone at the gatherings with the exception of myself and few others are over or atleast 18... I know that there was a 16 year old last time, but I'm soon to not be a minor no more sooooooo @.@ bleh

Ichigogami
11-04-2006, 11:17 PM
OH and an update on the December Gathering, It's on the 16th! More info can be found on the specific forum for it