PDA

View Full Version : SOOoooo Who's In for 2007?

Reatrea
10-28-2006, 09:58 PM
I was wondering who was already planning to go to Dragon*Con 2007 and who they think they might be cosplaying as!

I know I sure am! Next year I'm going to have another go at Tsunade, only this time I'm going to spend more than a week on my costume. (Including boobs this time too!) My friends will hopfully going with me as Itachi and Shino!

fightstar
10-29-2006, 01:24 AM
Thank the maker someone had the guts to put this thread up for D*C 2K7! I didn't want to do it since I did something similar last year. I just want to give others a chance and not stifle the cosplaying and costuming geeks.

I am going throught many thoughts as want to bring. I might have my, soon to be Mrs. Fightstar, coming 2K7 so I have to plan something for her. I'll have to ease her into this idea that Dragon Con is a good thing and not for kids. She is new to this country as well as the whole sci-fi thing.

I am thinking of the following for myself:

Iron Fist (marvel comics), Madarame Ikkaku (BLEACH), Underbite Henchmen (Venture Bros.), and WWII reenactment of Afro-American Marines. These are all ideas right now. I am not one for political statements, but the last one, the African-American Marines from WWII, is important to me because it's about time someone honor them, Hollywood seems to forget them to D#MN often.

EXsoldierSNAKE
10-29-2006, 01:09 AM
Hopefully I'll be there, as Snake (duh) and i'll finally have the costume totally finished and i'll be satisfied with it. I'm hoping I can convince one of my friends to go as wolverine, and we might have afew FF people with us too

AshleyV
10-29-2006, 11:54 AM
I will be there. I'm not sure what I'll be bringing, but I shall be there.

vampirate
10-29-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm planning on being there, it'd be horrible to miss a Dragon*Con. I don't know what kind of job I have or where I'll be living so I'm trying to kind of take it easy with the costume planning. Right now I'm collecting materials for Donna Troy/Troia and Yuna from Kingdom Hearts 2.

R-chan
10-29-2006, 01:10 PM
I hope to be there next year as Bettlejuice, The Penguin, and Future Trunks

reannaremick
10-29-2006, 03:40 PM
I'll be there as always, and while I have some big plans for costumes I wanna keep it under wraps til I have some stuff confirmed!

Hikaruchan
10-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Planning to be there, don't know what type of job I will have at that time though. Figure will try to get Trinity Blood, ElfQuest and Five Star Stories costumes finished before the con.

Reatrea
10-29-2006, 04:21 PM
YAy! It's good to hear so many people are planinng on it!

Sarcasm-hime
10-29-2006, 06:45 PM
I really want to make Ice from Kabuki; hopefully I'll have time. Also thinking of Nightfall from Elfquest and/or Shikari from the Legion of Superheroes.

PhoenixGate
10-30-2006, 11:09 AM
I will definately be there. As to what I will be doing...completely not sure except I will definately be debuting my Abel from Trinity Blood (wings and all) and I will probably do my Sesshaumaru there with my friends doing Rin and Jaken.

grandis
10-30-2006, 12:31 PM
We're thinking about it, depending on how broke or not broke we are at the time...

Costumes planned, subject to the whims of time and fate.

Nemo: Dr. Fate from Justice League Unlimited OR Dr. Strange, Battlestar Galactica bridge suit, Abh warrior from Crest of Stars/Banner of Stars

Me: Spoor from Crest of Stars/Banner of Stars, Mary Poppins' Jolly Holiday dress, Laura Roslin from Battlestar Galactica, Giganta and Inza Nelson from Justice League Unlimited, my interpretation of a Beauxbatons uniform from Harry Potter fandom.

I hear Dragon*con is a great time, so I hope we can make it.

Grandis

reannaremick
10-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Shikari from the Legion of Superheroes.

O.O you are my hero! I'm gonna try SO hard to get a Saturn Girl done for this year. I'm going to do her JLU version probably. ^_^

Sarcasm-hime
10-31-2006, 01:17 AM
O.O you are my hero! I'm gonna try SO hard to get a Saturn Girl done for this year. I'm going to do her JLU version probably. ^_^

I'm still waiting for them to do SOMETHING with her; the way the comic rebooted last time it seemed to imply that Shikari was transported to the new universe somehow, but they seem to have forgotten about her. :P

/comicsgeekery

DalaiLiam
10-31-2006, 02:18 AM
I don't think anyone's who's been to Dragon*con could miss the next dragon*con without an excuse of "I've moved to Alaska" or "I'm Pregunant", and even then, I think that's a stretch based off some of the things I saw this year. I wonder how many future people were concieved at DC....

Anywho... the only realy big project I'm working on for DC is that my girlfriend and I are doing COG soldiers from Gears of war... so we can Kick the ass of any master chiefs we see.

childdoll
10-31-2006, 12:23 PM
I've wanted to go to Dragon*con for so long, and finally 2007 I'm going to go! ^_^

I have a big list of costumes I'd like to wear for this con season, but I haven't decided on which ones and for which cons yet... so far the costumes I have on the list are:
Jennifer (Rule of Rose), Claudia (Interview with a Vampire), The Childlike Empress (The Neverending Story), Princess Eilonwy (The Black Cauldron), Magick (Marvel comics universe), EGL Sleeping Beauty (EGL)

reannaremick
10-31-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm still waiting for them to do SOMETHING with her; the way the comic rebooted last time it seemed to imply that Shikari was transported to the new universe somehow, but they seem to have forgotten about her. :P

/comicsgeekery

I agree, I'm really loving the newest reboot but I miss some of the older characters. Hopefully as it grows they will bring more of them in. Yey for Legion cosplayers though....well as long as it's not from the new cartoon *shudder* I wanted to do another version of Saturn Girl but my hair is a bit too long now, and pig-tailing a wig is just WAY too much trouble. But her JLU version works well for my natural hair, long, straight, no bangs. *cheers*

Draculina
10-31-2006, 08:43 PM
Anywho... the only realy big project I'm working on for DC is that my girlfriend and I are doing COG soldiers from Gears of war... so we can Kick the ass of any master chiefs we see.

ZOMG, YOU FORGOT ABOUT LOGAN'S RUN!!!! That's, like, the best idea we've ever come up with EVER!!!! *even though it'll be easy-peasy...like togas and turtlenecks and little blinking lights "easy"*

So, yeah...besides the hardcore Marine stuff (hoo-RAH!), I'm definitely *definitely* doing Jessica. Aaaand...that's all I've come up with so far. Trying to save the anime cosplay for a different con ^^

*Super excited! this'll be my first D*C ever!!! SQUEE!*

halafax
11-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Ill be there. I dont know if Im going to bring Grave out again. I have an idea or two but depends on where I am in things as to where I will pull off the costume.

Maybe this year will give me something else to want to do. So far not so much....

WIth or with out costumes, come hell or high water I will be there...

vampirate
11-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Well, my boyfriend and I were just Mulder and Scully for Halloween and everyone really liked the costumes. So I think now we'll be sprucing them up a bit for D*Con.

dagmarus
11-05-2006, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't miss Dragoncon for ANYTHING. I'll be there in my BSG Viper Pilot and dress uniform. That might be it though. I don't know that I'll be doing all that much in some of my old favorites like Wash or anything like that what with the ridiculous amount of money I'm pumping into the Viper Pilot costume. (at present, it's looking like well over 1000.00 total) We'll see though.

Sako-chan
11-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Never been, but I reeeally want to go next year. D= I'll probably be doing Quistis from FF8 or Seras Victoria from Hellsing. Not sure yet. What's it like?

CosplayerGabi
11-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Frack yeah I'll be there. I don't any anything I HAVE to cosplay right now so I'm toying with some ideas. Cleopatra and a Han Goddess costume are all I have floating in my head for now.

I know that I MUST make a Luke Skywalker costume for my friend. He looks too much like Mark Hammil to excuse myself from making it. That's the only thing on the table right now.

TechieCL
11-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Keeping my streak going. The only costume I definately know want to have for D*Con is Saito from Ghost In The Shell. Any excuse to get a new gun.

Monicator
11-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Oh you know I'll be there! LOL Hopefully I can get a Starfox cosplay done so I can have more than just Cyrax, I've always wanted to do Starfox ^-^...I was gonna do the Fox from Starfox Assault but now that I've seen the one from Super Smash Brothers Brawl...I might do that one too...I always liked fox with his helmet better.

Amechan
11-13-2006, 03:21 AM
I'm so going to Dragon*con 2007! And this time, I going to cosplay as Bulma from Dragonball (not Dragonball Z, old school Dragonball when she was really young). I'm hoping people will recognized it because Dragonball is such an old series, and I've noticed that alot of older people go to Dragon*con. Anywho, I'm going to have such a fun time making a dragonball and/or dragon ball radar. I'm trying to convince my friend go as Launch, but she's not sure if she's going or not.

...wheeeee!

Digital Blush
11-13-2006, 03:33 PM
this years d*c was my first one and i plan to go to the next one as well. :D i'll be debuting my Seth Nightlord from Trinity Blood, Rogue from Uncanny X-men, Jinx from Teen Titans(again) and Atoli from .hack//g.u. so far.

PhoenixGate
11-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Seth Nightlord
Yeeeeee! another TB player! I will be there bringing (hopefully) both of Abel Nightroad's artbook preist and anime Krusnik 02 with wings and all. Going to be awsome.

a-tastic
11-18-2006, 03:13 PM
I'll be there, yet again. It's my 'vacation'!
Hah!
No, really..

for all you Trinity Blood-ers...
if you're on myspace, and you haven't joined the DragonCon group yet, you should!
We are organizing a TB group for 2007.
I got so gung-ho, I've almost finished all the armor and base parts for my Seth. Now comes appliques and embroidery...

here's the group link:
http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupID=100350004&Mytoken=9DE485F6-CC85-4DA8-9DA29FABBFB0309A27564296

Join, all you! Join!!

also, the only thing for sure that I know I'll be bringing next year is that, the Seth/Augusta Vradica, and the remade Catherine Deane/Victim Bride from the Cell.

I'm already excited...and, thankfully, I'm not the only one..:D

fightstar
11-18-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm not a 'Trinity Blood' fan, more of a 'BLEACH/Hokuto No Ken/DBZ' fan really, but I joined so it's all good.

:D

Hart
11-20-2006, 06:47 PM
I've wanted to go to Dragon*con for so long, and finally 2007 I'm going to go! ^_^

I have a big list of costumes I'd like to wear for this con season, but I haven't decided on which ones and for which cons yet... so far the costumes I have on the list are:
Jennifer (Rule of Rose), Claudia (Interview with a Vampire), The Childlike Empress (The Neverending Story), Princess Eilonwy (The Black Cauldron), Magick (Marvel comics universe), EGL Sleeping Beauty (EGL)

First dragon con eh? Mine was jsut this past year at 06. HAd a blast but the 4 days really took it outta me. Im so used to only starving for 3 days at a con...the last day killed. You even got a huge list for cosplay...havent even thought anything I would like to bring or make yet ><

Darth Takeo
11-20-2006, 08:13 PM
I don't think anyone's who's been to Dragon*con could miss the next dragon*con without an excuse of "I've moved to Alaska" or "I'm Pregnant", and even then, I think that's a stretch based off some of the things I saw this year.
Amen.

The Team plans to be there.

DalaiLiam
11-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Oh you know I'll be there! LOL Hopefully I can get a Starfox cosplay done so I can have more than just Cyrax, I've always wanted to do Starfox ^-^...I was gonna do the Fox from Starfox Assault but now that I've seen the one from Super Smash Brothers Brawl...I might do that one too...I always liked fox with his helmet better.
I'm working on Pitt(Kid Icarus) sometime this year. I hadn't planned on doing it for D*C but maybe I'll wear it if there are some smash bros running around.

Sol Shadow1
11-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Im hoping to go this time as first the merchant from re4 and then hav my organization costume in the bookbag but that all depend on how fast i can get my ticket thingie paid off for the con

Fory-san
12-01-2006, 11:45 AM
I had such a great time this past year that I will definately be going back. It was the best experience I've had in a long time and I wouldn't miss it for the world. ^.^v

R-chan
12-01-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm so going to Dragon*con 2007! And this time, I going to cosplay as Bulma from Dragonball (not Dragonball Z, old school Dragonball when she was really young). I'm hoping people will recognized it because Dragonball is such an old series, and I've noticed that alot of older people go to Dragon*con. Anywho, I'm going to have such a fun time making a dragonball and/or dragon ball radar. I'm trying to convince my friend go as Launch, but she's not sure if she's going or not.

...wheeeee!
AWESOME! DB cosplays rock! I'm hoping to squeeze out a future trunks cosplay for D*C next year. only 50 bucks to prereg till february!

Tenel Ka
12-02-2006, 01:29 PM
I'll definitely be there. Not sure about costumes yet, but most likely a Star Wars costume, a Silent Hill costume -- and possibly a Jet Set Radio costume... but I'm not sure yet. ;D

lostchildmiroku
12-08-2006, 09:56 AM
I was wondering who was already planning to go to Dragon*Con 2007 and who they think they might be cosplaying as!

I know I sure am! Next year I'm going to have another go at Tsunade, only this time I'm going to spend more than a week on my costume. (Including boobs this time too!) My friends will hopfully going with me as Itachi and Shino!

i already preordered my tickets for dragon con and we are looking into two hotel rooms i will defently be going i had a blast at this dragon con 2006 and i know i will at 2007 dragon con:angel:

number six
12-12-2006, 10:41 PM
I'll be there! Have been to the last 4 and it's been fun everytime. I don't dress up that much but the wife does. I'm thinking about going as a Science Patrol member from Ultraman. Should be a somewhat simple costume to make.. but it might be a bit obscure.

lostchildmiroku
12-14-2006, 11:02 AM
cool ^.^

KNIVES5991
12-19-2006, 05:44 PM
i'll be there too! lol. that will be my 2nd year going!^^

BlueMew
12-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Hmm.... Well, seeing as how Otakon is TOTALLY out of the question this year it means all of the allocated funds from that con are going to help me get to D*C in 07!

I'm definately lugging my TK, FemMando, and Chiss to Atlanta, and will only bring the Sailor Mars and/or Archbishop Maxwell if there will be large enough Sailor Moon or Hellsing groups.

However, I don't get enough chances to wear FemMando and the Chiss. DEFINATELY putting those two in to the plan.

lostchildmiroku
12-21-2006, 07:51 PM
yeah i was in the naruto masquarde skit at 2006 dragon con and i am definatly going to dragon con 2007 i cant wait it was one of the funnest days of my life

sweet_magic
12-26-2006, 01:58 AM
Me and my friend are going to try really hard to go this year coming up. It'll be our first time ever going if we do. Though it's too early to say who I'm going to cosplay as. ^^;

DalaiLiam
12-27-2006, 12:26 AM
Hmm.... Well, seeing as how Otakon is TOTALLY out of the question this year it means all of the allocated funds from that con are going to help me get to D*C in 07!

I'm definately lugging my TK, FemMando, and Chiss to Atlanta, and will only bring the Sailor Mars and/or Archbishop Maxwell if there will be large enough Sailor Moon or Hellsing groups.

However, I don't get enough chances to wear FemMando and the Chiss. DEFINATELY putting those two in to the plan.

I'd pack maxwell. I know we have a pretty descent crowd of Hellsing cosplayers around here.

london2191
12-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Lessee, it's like a tradition to go to D*C. This'll be my third time.

If I go one day, which'll most probably be Saturday, I'll wear Temari's first costume from Naruto. If I go two days, it'll be Temari and Yuna from FFX. I hope to find a Tidus and the rest of my guardians to run around with. xD The only problem about D*C is that it's really expensive and two days might be too much. =\

lostchildmiroku
12-28-2006, 09:24 PM
i dont have to pay to get into dragon con or mega con my boyfriend goes to them for the scifi so he pays my way ^.^ and its a good time for him to see me so yeah ^.^

BlueMew
12-29-2006, 11:48 AM
I'd pack maxwell. I know we have a pretty descent crowd of Hellsing cosplayers around here.

Good to know. :) So then Sir_Integra should probably bring her Integra and/or Heinkel.

And I should tell her we're going to D*C, now shouldn't I? lol

Dany
12-29-2006, 11:35 PM
D and I are pretty much demanded for DC '07. The -original plan was to go to WorldCon in Japan instead, but winning the Dawn contest kind of came out of nowhere, and it would simply be bad form to miss out on judging this year ;)

Overall, I think going to Atlanta will be better for our budget as well....:)

lostchildmiroku
12-30-2006, 12:18 AM
i will be at dc 07 for the simple fact that i love dc

Ragresen
12-30-2006, 08:44 AM
I am always at DC because of it being local for me and the fact I am an eternal member. The last few years have not been big costume wise for me, but that can always change.

london2191
12-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Yep, local cons are an always. Besides, there's no way I could ever go out of state.

anduin
12-31-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm coming for my first time. yay! I'll be making an Inara costume, from Firefly.

london2191
12-31-2006, 03:32 PM
Ahhhh! Inara. =]] I don't really fully watch Firefly, but my sister has made me see a coupl'a episodes and it's goooood. ^^ I like Wash tho'. If that's how you spell it. -nod-

lostchildmiroku
01-01-2007, 10:06 PM
i've never seen firefly im more for the anime then the scifi.. if youw ant the scifi covered thats my boyfriends area ^>^

london2191
01-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Well, Firefly could sorta kinda be classified as sci-fi.

lostchildmiroku
01-02-2007, 12:46 AM
yeah barry (my boyfriend) said it is

Ragresen
01-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Firefly is Sci-fi. It is what one could actually call a Space Drama. What makes it Sci-fi it that it is set in the future and uses technoligy we currently only dream of. hint the term Science fiction

Ironekilz
01-03-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm in! I'm going to try and have a Barbarella costume done in time. Not sure what else I might be bringing.

sweetvenus
01-03-2007, 12:37 PM
I ended up missing it last year, but I've already bought my membership for this year so I am definitely going. It will be my first DragonCon. :)

grandis
01-03-2007, 04:02 PM
All right. We're out for Dragon Con, having opted for Disney for Christmas.

We are seriously considering this for 2008, if it hasn't imploded from too many people by then.

Grandis

Toastersix
01-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Despite better judgement, I'll indeed be there! Dragon*Con is too much fun to miss!

london2191
01-03-2007, 09:30 PM
-nod, nod- And the good thing about it is that anime is much smaller there than an anime convention so you can all bind up together and recruit people. xD

lostchildmiroku
01-05-2007, 03:09 PM
whoot we are all goine to meet up ?? why dont we all wear a colored ribon to let each other know who we are from cosplay.com

darknessorlight
01-05-2007, 03:49 PM
I should be there.......unless of course my mom changes her mind in letting me go "again". Don't know who I'm going as though. Winry maybe? hmmm

london2191
01-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Ah, but everyone does Winry. xDD No just kidding. That'd be good. ^^

Hmm, well, I dunno about ribbons, but on my badge or whatsit, I'm putting London2191 and in parantheses, either my name or my character's name. Besides, if you have your picture in your icon/avatar people should recognize you. I had two people recognize me at AWA last year. They were like, 'LONDON?!?!' and I was all, 'WHERE!?!?!'

lostchildmiroku
01-06-2007, 06:01 PM
i dont have a printer so my icon picture is usless and a ribbon would notify all the other people that we are from cosplay.com

anduin
01-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Ahhhh! Inara. =]] I don't really fully watch Firefly, but my sister has made me see a coupl'a episodes and it's goooood. ^^ I like Wash tho'. If that's how you spell it. -nod-

Ah, I love Wash. He's my favorite XD Alan Tyduk is such a great actor. But, yay! Can't wait to D*C

whoot we are all goine to meet up ?? why dont we all wear a colored ribon to let each other know who we are from cosplay.com

ah. I like that idea! I think we should all do it!

lostchildmiroku
01-09-2007, 10:13 PM
then its a deal what color do you guys want? we should all decide and i will get extra of that color just in case someone cant get the ribbon just find someone as naruto wearing the ribbon and i will give you one ^>^

Hikaruchan
01-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Purple ribbons have been used in the past

anduin
01-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Yea, I like purple. Sounds like a good idea.

CosplayerGabi
01-11-2007, 03:40 PM
YAY Firefly fans! Knowing more Browncoats will be there makes me giddy. Alan and Summer were there last year. Before that it was Adam, Jewel, Ron, and Morena. Before that it was all them and Nathan. I hope we get some more this year. Oh, If you can make it to FL this month Ron and Adam will be at FX con.

I went last year as TV ZoŽ and white funeral dress ZoŽ

Ah, I love Wash. He's my favorite XD Alan Tyduk is such a great actor. But, yay! Can't wait to D*C
I have such a silly crush on him. I hope to see you as Inara Anduin.
Grandis, I hope I see you at D*C too. I saw you once at Otakon 4 or 5 years ago and I have such a respect for what you are capable of. Oh and bring Laura Roslin, there is a strong BattleStar Galactica contingent there. You'll look hot!

lostchildmiroku
01-12-2007, 04:17 PM
ok purple ribbon it is ^.^ i will bring extra!!

Morri
01-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Me, definitely. I already have two costumes planned, Dark Phoenix and Kasumi from Dead Or Alive 2: Hardcore. :3

anduin
01-15-2007, 08:57 PM
YAY Firefly fans! Knowing more Browncoats will be there makes me giddy. Alan and Summer were there last year. Before that it was Adam, Jewel, Ron, and Morena. Before that it was all them and Nathan. I hope we get some more this year. Oh, If you can make it to FL this month Ron and Adam will be at FX con.

I went last year as TV Zoë and white funeral dress Zoë

I have such a silly crush on him. I hope to see you as Inara Anduin.
Grandis, I hope I see you at D*C too. I saw you once at Otakon 4 or 5 years ago and I have such a respect for what you are capable of. Oh and bring Laura Roslin, there is a strong BattleStar Galactica contingent there. You'll look hot!

Ah, man. Firefly fans are the coolest! It's awsome to find some more! I would have gone last year, but I was too busy...which makes me really mad...'cuse I missed out on some of the Firefly stars. But, I hope that some of them come again next year, so I can meet 'um!
You're going as Zoe again this year, right? I hope so! Your Zoe costumes are amazing, and so accurate! And I love your *spoiler* Zoe. (I have no idea how to do the spoiler thingy...XD) Maybe we'll meet up at D*C...that would be great!! :]]]

yay! purple ribbons!

DalaiLiam
01-16-2007, 01:23 AM
LOL. On a "username" for badges related note, I cosplayed a character who was a photographer at last Dragoncon, so when they asked for a name, I said "Press". I wound up being invited to alot of stuff before it was open to the public by random con staff when they read that and saw my camera.

But yeah. Purple ribbon it is.

lostchildmiroku
01-18-2007, 03:24 PM
i think i have seen you before...O.O

kelldar
01-21-2007, 06:58 PM
I made my room reservations last week!
I have no idea what I'm going to be bringing yet, it's way too early for me to say... I'm hoping to have Marasiah Fel and Bastila Shan (both from star wars) done, wonder woman... I'm sure I'll have the two Padme costumes I'm working on done by then.
I would really love to have my Sarah (Labyrinth) finished by then, but who knows! :)

london2191
01-21-2007, 07:54 PM
LAWL. Labyrinth. =]

So purple? I'll have to remember that. I dunno if I will tho'.

RyeCrimsonMoon
01-21-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm going, but I don't have a clue what I'll wear :/ Still working on the cosplay plans XD

HelenaInvictus
01-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Got my hotel reservations, room already full with people, and most of my costumes complete. I am waiting on one commission and peices for another costume, but that should be fine.

I can't wait to see everybody's outfits, especially the Star Wars peeps and any other fellow Dracula cosplayers.

Kell- I hope you get your labyrinth costume done, it's one of my favorite movies and I would love to see someone costume from it <3

anduin
01-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Kell-Ah, I saw you last year, in the parade, and I started freaking out, being the nerd that I am, screaming "Ah! I know who that is!" Then My friend asked if I acctually knew you, and laughed at me when I didn't answer. It was pretty cool seeing you there, though. If I remember correctly, you were wearing Padme's pastel lake dress.

lostchildmiroku
01-22-2007, 06:12 PM
wow i think barly anyone noticed me in the parade v.v

SeleneLA
01-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Id like to go, I go to comic con every year. Is this one really fun as well? I have to find somewhere to stay, I have a friend that lives around there somwhere.
Ill be going as The Phoenix and Selene if I go.

Dany
01-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Id like to go, I go to comic con every year. Is this one really fun as well? I have to find somewhere to stay, I have a friend that lives around there somwhere.
Ill be going as The Phoenix and Selene if I go.

I would say yes. Last year was my first year, after a good couple years of ComicCon. The joy of D*C is that it is, literally, a 24-hour convention. Most stuff starts shutting down at SDCC by around, what...6-8PM? DragonCon goes night and day from about Thursday to Monday (because it's Labor Day weekend). There are bands that play (of various familiarity levels), and plenty of costume events and folks in costume.

And I have to say it...it was a really weird, yet fascinating thing that I could be nine stories up from the lobby in my room, door closed, and still be able to hear the convention below me in the Hyatt lobby. :)

london2191
01-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Comic*Con'd be fun but it's so far away.

lostchildmiroku
01-27-2007, 08:50 AM
v.v

ravenmist
02-06-2007, 09:15 PM
As far as I know a bunch of us here in Columbus are going to D*Con. Should I reserve rooms now? what hotels should i look into? i just want to make sure everything is set ahead of time since we're going to start costume work in a month. thanks!!! can't wait to see everyone there!
Oh, I've seen a lot of people in pictures wearing comic book character costumes and Star Wars costume, stuff along those lines. Is it ok to wear video game characters? Some of us are doing Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy costumes, will that be ok? I guess it really doesn't matter. I've never been to a con like D*Con before. It seems so much bigger then the other cons I've been to.

RyeCrimsonMoon
02-06-2007, 09:52 PM
I got my room already at the Hilton (Yay for mommy's hotel points! :D).

I'm sure its perfectly fine to wear whatever costume you'd like (as long as its within the rules of course...). I went with two friends last year who just wore an original costume. ^_^

Columbus! <3 Do you go to Columbus State? That's where I wanna go XD

ravenmist
02-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Hilton, huh? I'll have to look into that.
And thanks for the info about the costumes. I'm actually looking into doing a couple Padme costumes. I have two in mind, so I need to pick one and go from there. I'm not sure what everyone else is doing yet. We shall see!

And thanks

Columbus! <3 Do you go to Columbus State? That's where I wanna go XD

Yes! Sorta of. I'll be going there in the fall. I just need to get with my advisor within the next couple months to get everything situated. I'm so glad I'm going back to school. Good luck! =)

Brittany Bunny
02-07-2007, 06:39 PM
wtf Columbus people? lol, I just transferred from CSU up to UGA and am in Athens now. I love it here so much. <3

Anyway, back on topic! Made hotel reservations yesterday for the Hyatt. I chose the Hyatt cause that's where the huge bar is and most of the nighttime acitivities take place, and also because that is where the costume/Dawn contests will be, and I plan on participating in at least the Dawn contest...so, I don't wanna have to trek a long way as I don't want to be going all over the place in my Dawn costume. Last year's was horrible to move in. :P My armour dug into me and those boots made my feet NUMB! D:

Edit: Forgot to add...any costume is suitable for Dragon*con. They have almost every type of fandom imagineable. The anime track even has its own costume contest. They even have a track that is just about costuming in general...you see original and everything.

Pincer
02-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Got the room and pre-reg all taken care off. Going to be a wee bit expensive on the hotel, but it will be worth it since it will the first time going to Dragon Con for us. With any luck we'll be able to get a couple more people to go with us, or a caravan out of Jersey. **lol**

Going to be packing Resident Evil and Tekken costumes for this. And with some luck I might be able to get a Battlestar Galactica costume together by then.

piratelife4me
02-20-2007, 04:15 PM
I just went to Megacon for the first time. I thought it was the coolest thing. Now I am hooked to conventions and planning on going to Dragon-con.
Could someone tell me a estimate of how much it would cost? Including hotel cost.

BayushiKachiko
02-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Tickets (depending on when you register) are going to be between 75 and 85.

I'm down for it.

And Pirates, I saw you at MegaCon--AWESOME Job. (I was Femme Vincent, btw.)

london2191
02-20-2007, 06:58 PM
The website gives all info. Dragoncon.com...or org I think.

RyeCrimsonMoon
02-20-2007, 07:06 PM
dragoncon.org XD

Right now tickets are $60 (I'm gonna get them once I get my first paycheck xD)

And here are the prices for the hotels: http://www.dragoncon.org/dc_location.php

makio
02-21-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm going to get my tickets next week... though is anyone else having trouble trying to enter in the hotel codes? x_x"

ravenmist
02-21-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm ordering my tickets soon as well. And, yes, I had problems entering the hotel codes as well. I'm going to just call them next week and make my reservations over the phone. Hopefully by then we'll have a good idea of how many people in our group are going.

piratelife4me
02-26-2007, 06:30 PM
I am really looking forward into Dragon-con this year in August. It seem I am the only one out of my hangout group that really wants to go. Is anyone interested on going? I need to find room mates for a five night stay at one of the hotels. It would be about $187.50 per person for four people in a room.

london2191
02-26-2007, 06:41 PM
OH MANN. My favorite characters from Battlestar Galactica are gonna be there! irhaflisdds. Lee and Kara ness! -runs in mad octagons-

quiksilvababe
02-27-2007, 09:21 PM
zomg! i cannot tell you who i am going to be, although plenty apeople know already.
:D

I CANT FUGGIN WAIT!

TheDemon2300
02-28-2007, 01:36 AM
I'm going for sure this year. And not just because I can get in for free for working on staff. This year happens to be my first planned cosplay venture.
For the first time in years, I'm actually growing my hair out (rather than keeping it short like I usually do) and then dying it orange and having it styled specially so that I can better fit the role of the Bankai form of Kurosaki Ichigo from Bleach. I figure the natural hair will look better than any wig that I find. Plus, I already got the sword, which I bought at last year's D*Con.

So, if any of you happen by the parade registration table and see a guy with orange hair sitting there; stop by, say "hi", introduce yourself even. That'll be me.

Bevandera
03-13-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm going as

Angel from Buffy (of course)
James of Team Rocket from Pokemon
Sweet from Buffy the Musical
Robin (DC Comics)
Hank Venture from Venture Bros.

and two or three surprises, including a TV superhero no one expects and hilarious comic character very few have heard of.

fightstar
03-13-2007, 07:08 PM
I've gone CRAZY this year and added the Spartans from the '300' movie to my list of things to do. The GYM is my new home away from home now and bodyforlife.com is helping move in the furniture.

/back to the gym

ravenmist
03-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Augh. Looks like I just lost 3 people from my group. So now that brings us down to 6. Not happy. Not happy at all. BUT I did gain 2 in the process of losing 3, so that's not too big a loss. Oh wells. I'll see y'all when I get there! You can count on me! I'm starting my costumes next month so expect to see some updates.
OH and if anyone is on LJ please please add me. I'll be using my space as a cosplay journal. Should be fun!
http://ravenmist7.livejournal.com/profile

Thanks tons! Can't wait!!

Heidi
03-29-2007, 03:23 PM
This year will be my very first Dragon Con, and I can't wait! I've heard a lot of things about this convention, and it sounds like it's going to be a blast. :toothy:

No idea for sure yet what I'll be making/wearing though, lol.

london2191
03-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Heidi: Yay! You'll have a blast. =3

Saturday- Soi Fong
Sunday- Yuna
Monday- Namine

Plans may change tho'.

lostchildmiroku
03-30-2007, 02:50 PM
yes i am going to be at dragoncon with my heartless and >.> maybe my secret project i am working on ^.^

london2191
03-31-2007, 12:05 AM
Yay heartless! I'll be good seeing you again.

husher
03-31-2007, 08:45 AM
Made hotel reservations yesterday for the Hyatt. I chose the Hyatt cause that's where the huge bar is and most of the nighttime acitivities take place

I was in the Marriott earlier this week. As part of their renovations they are adding a bunch of stuff to the atrium/lobby area...including a new "open atrium" bar, much like the Hyatt has. It looked pretty cool...it includes some big arch-sculpture thing that shoots at least a couple floors up in to the open center of the Marriot.

Of course, night-time programming will still be at the Hyatt...but it looks like we may have another watering hole. :)

(I understand all the renovation construction is supposed to be finished before the Con. yea!)

CosplayerGabi
04-05-2007, 01:18 AM
OH MANN. My favorite characters from Battlestar Galactica are gonna be there! irhaflisdds. Lee and Kara ness! -runs in mad octagons-

running in Mad Octagons.... that has to be the funniest thing I have read all week. So appropriate too.
At Megacon I managed to get this for a friend who couldn't go:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/viberaphon/IMG_1615.jpg

Isn't it dreamy :D

I am at a loss at what I want to do this year that hasn't already been done. So I might try a concept costume. Something from a royal dynasty or something.

london2191
04-05-2007, 03:50 AM
-dies and goes to heaven- Oh, be still my heart! *oh dear, Nakatsu. xD*

Holy flick, I'm totally getting one of those and a hug and a picture and everything else when I get to D*C. Can you believe he has three frakking kids?! -flips out-

lostchildmiroku
04-06-2007, 05:22 PM
XD i now have two projects i will be doing for dragoncon XD secret projects ones naughty ones furry XD

Lady_Choy
04-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Omg, I'm soooo thinking of going to Dragon*Con with my friend from school!!! ^_^ I might even be able to drag more people along... Anyways, this would be my first con!!! I'm probably gonna go as Songstress Yuna or Red Queen Chii. All I have to do now is convince my parents to let me go. xD
How much does it cost for a one-day membership? Because we're only thinking of going for one day. And how many people went last year? Is there cosplay competitions?

london2191
04-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Dragoncon.com

All info is there.

InuYasha Girl
04-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Yea! I'm SO going to Dragon*con! I'm working on two costumes at the moment, but I'm thinking of bringing my InuYasha back this year, but I might make it into his demon side. >:3 The other two are Winry(FMA) and Kanna(InuYasha). :3

The Kraken
04-24-2007, 12:31 PM
I was in the Hyatt this weekend for the Atlanta Comics Expo and it was just a tease to be there for a con and it not be D*C. Soon enough! I can't wait.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-24-2007, 04:29 PM
randomly posting without reading all the pages!

This will be my first Dragon*Con. A group of friends have asked me to go so i am choosing D*C over AWA (i live in SC so it's one or the other for me...6 hour drive! o.O) I only one costume that is planned for the convention and that is Gambit to go with our XMEN group!

makio
04-24-2007, 04:49 PM
randomly posting without reading all the pages! This will be my first Dragon*Con. A group of friends have asked me to go so i am choosing D*C over AWA (i live in SC so it's one or the other for me...6 hour drive! o.O) I only one costume that is planned for the convention and that is Gambit to go with our XMEN group!

...ah, so it is confirmed! :sunburn:

Then in that case, feel free to join up the Marvel/DC Gathering (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=104658) too!

london2191
04-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Ah, I need to get my membership before the price goes up. x.x Only problem is the membership includes all days and I may not be able to make Friday because of Marching Band. But if I /do/ skip, my director'll be pissed that I miss 2 football games because of my 'unknown' illness. -cough- xD

elliblue
04-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Last year was my first Dragon*Con, and even though I live 20 hrs away instead of 4, I'm going this year too. Hopefully I'll remember to pre-reg this weekend. I'm psyched!

-Ell (first post, yay!)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-24-2007, 10:43 PM
...ah, so it is confirmed! :sunburn:

Then in that case, feel free to join up the Marvel/DC Gathering (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=104658) too!

hmm...we may have to join that! lol
right now it IS confirmed and i just hope that it STAYS confirmed

london2191
04-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Yay D*C! =D This year is my third time. =3

ravenmist
05-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Ok...I am very happy. I finally did my pre-registration and reserved my hotel room. Very happy. I'll be staying at the Atlanta Hilton. Fun fun.
Say, if anyone else is staying there would someone let me change in their room? I plan on getting there very early, but my check-in time isn't until 3pm!! Yikes! Even the lady on the phone was surprised it was so late, as she knew very well about Dragon*Con and the costumes. She told me to call them and ask about checking-in earlier. I'm going to call them tomorrow. I have to head to work. But I'm very happy I finally got everything done. Now I must get cracking on my costume. I'll be doing some heavy sewing this weekend as I have all weekend off. Yay!
Have a great day everyone!

sweetvenus
05-09-2007, 04:54 PM
ravenmist - I have a room in the Hilton as well and am arriving on Thursday, so you can use our room if you need to change early. Although, I have checked in to hotel rooms hours before the posted check-in time. Just depends on how early it gets cleaned up.

The Kraken
05-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Ravenmist,

Don't worry about the 3 PM check-in time. They SAY that, but they'll let you check in early without any problems. We got there last year at 8 AM on Thursday and they let us check in right away. I'm not sure why they say that, but they don't really stick by it.

Wait... I just noticed you said the Hilton. We stayed at the Hyatt, but I can imagine it would be the same. I mean, they kNOW there's a convention going on. If they waited until 3 with all the people checking in, they would be backed up all day long.

Activist
05-09-2007, 07:49 PM
I reserved a room at the Hilton as well. Seems like a trend here. Anything to avoid waiting a half hour for an elevator at The Hyatt I guess, even though that's the main hub of the con really. I think they told me 3 too, but I requested an early check in. There really shouldn't be a problem checking in early like The Kraken said.
I met you very briefly with Clark The Flaming Carrot last year, Kraken. This year I'll be Solid Snake from MGS2. I'll be wearing a silicone rubber suit, so I shouldn't be too hard to miss. I got my full body lifecast done back in March. Had to shave all the hair off my body and stand still for an hour while I was coated in vaseline and just wearing speedos.
I'll probably be around a guy in a Bat Demon costume from the hallucination scene in Batman Begins. Feel free to take our picture but don't get too close, we'll be sweating like crazy. It's worth it to look good.:toothy:

london2191
05-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Luckily, I have a sister in Decatur so I'm staying with her. I /would've/ done pre-reg for all four days, but my poorness and the fact that I'm in marching band doesn't allow me to do fridays.

ravenmist
05-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks everyone for the help! I really hope they do let me get in my room early. It really doesn't seem like it would be a problem and if I have the room reserved it should be good to go before I get there, right?
sweetvenus, thank you for the offer! It's nice to know other cosplayers will help. =) Hopefully I'll be ok, but ya never know. I guess we'll see come Sept 2nd.

Arlette
05-10-2007, 01:03 PM
I think we're staying at the Marriott. We stayed at the Hyatt last year and their bathrooms SUCK! I can't deal with having a cramped shower only, and no tub. O___o I like baths too much!

Of course, I also get the hotels mixed up a lot. XD

Costume list is looking like this:

Leeloo (bandage outfit) - 5th Element
Elektra (alternate black ninja outfit) - Elektra/Daredevil
Demona - Gargoyles (This costume is going to make me cry, I just know it)
Sawa - KITE
Deanna Troi - Star Trek: TNG
Megara - Hercules

And MAYBE...MAYBE...Inara's dress from the episode Shindig of Firefly. But I don't know because Demona is going to be really expensive as it is. One of my friends also tempted me to be Anya from the animated Anastasia but I don't think it would be humanly possible to make that many costumes. XD

I love Dragon*Con, it makes me want to cosplay as every character I've ever liked from anything. XD

The Kraken
05-10-2007, 01:20 PM
I think We stayed at the Hyatt last year and their bathrooms SUCK! I can't deal with having a cramped shower only, and no tub. O___o I like baths too much!

Amen to that! I'm 6'2" and my friend who typically stays with me is 6'4". That stupid shower head comes to about the middle of my chest. I have to crouch to wash my hair! It's ridiculous.

Well, I guess I'll post my costume list as well.

Umbrella Trooper from Resident Evil
Sabretooth from X-Men (the comic version, not the lame movie version)
Deckard from Blade Runner
Jack Burton from Big Trouble In Little China
and an Immortal from 300

Man, I need to get to WORK on these!

london2191
05-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Whoot, Inara! She's crazy pretty. O.O

My costumes are listed in my signature. Sadly I can only make three days since I have a football game on Friday *marching*. I also don't want to go through the hassel of changing during the day coz' I'm not staying at a nearby hotel.

Arlette: You /are/ coming to the Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy shoot on Sunday...riiiiiiiiight? =D

Arlette
05-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Arlette: You /are/ coming to the Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy shoot on Sunday...riiiiiiiiight? =D

At first this question REALLY confused me! XD But then I remembered Megara was in Kingdom Hearts. i r sm4rt.

I don't know, we'll have to see! It's still a long way away. XD

ravenmist
05-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Sawa - KITE
Megara - Hercules

Are you seriously doing Demona? Wow. Just...wow. Apparently cartoons have been a motivator for me to sew so I've been watching my Gargoyles DVDs. lol. I was watching it the other day wondering if a cosplay was even possible for it, other then Elisa.

Can't wait for D*Con! Off to start sewing my Saber costume.

london2191
05-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Arlette: Hahah, well, we hope to see you there. =^^= All current times that I've been informed of for shoots is on the thread for shoots times and locations.

Arlette
05-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Are you seriously doing Demona? Wow. Just...wow. Apparently cartoons have been a motivator for me to sew so I've been watching my Gargoyles DVDs. lol. I was watching it the other day wondering if a cosplay was even possible for it, other then Elisa.

Can't wait for D*Con! Off to start sewing my Saber costume.

Yeah, hopefully it'll be pretty epic! I'm making certain "parts" like the legs up to the knee, the hands up to the elbows, and of course the wings and tail. The rest is going to be blue makeup, etc. It's like a dream costume of mine. I <3 Demona so much.

My hubby is going to be MacBeth. XD

london2191
05-13-2007, 11:21 PM
I love it when people do couple cosplays. It's always better that way. =]

vampirate
05-14-2007, 07:54 AM
At first this question REALLY confused me! XD But then I remembered Megara was in Kingdom Hearts. i r sm4rt.

I don't know, we'll have to see! It's still a long way away. XD
Yes, we would *love* to have you at the shoot! I've been really trying to inform Disney cosplayers about it. I'm hoping this year that someone will drag one of the Jack Sparrows('cause I know with the new movie there should be a fair amount of them) along with them too! The variety of characters in the KH games is just crazy. :D

fightstar
05-14-2007, 10:59 AM
I love it when people do couple cosplays. It's always better that way. =]

This is true, but I still have to convince my wife that that hanging out with a bunch of geeks, nerds, and all around awesome people IMHO is a good thing for her. All in due time.

The Kraken
05-14-2007, 03:22 PM
So I take it she hasn't been to a Cobra gathering yet?

fightstar
05-14-2007, 03:27 PM
So I take it she hasn't been to a Cobra gathering yet?

BWahahahaha.....um, no. Lets just say it has taken me many days (one hour of discussion and a week or so for a break inbetween) to explain what Dragon Con is and why I go. It's not her thing even thought I would like it to be, but you have to give it time I guess. I personally think she would make an excellent Wonder Woman, but even time I mention it to her she gives me the funny look.

The Kraken
05-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Ha ha! I understand. This is certainly a fringe hobby and I would expect most people wouldn't "get it." She'll come around eventually.

Dr.Noe
05-14-2007, 09:15 PM
This is true, but I still have to convince my wife that that hanging out with a bunch of geeks, nerds, and all around awesome people IMHO is a good thing for her. All in due time.

Oh, I have no doubt of your abilities, Fightstar. You shall prevail.
I will definately be there with two definites: My Crimson Guard (so I can finally join the ranks of my Cobra brethren) and the as promised last year: Killing Joke Joker. Shots of both of these can be seen in my WonderCon gallery showing here:
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=70431&member=20418
KJ will be quite a bit better as these photos were first run.

fightstar
05-15-2007, 08:46 AM
LOL Thanks guys. Yeah, the wife is just getting use to this American (Really international) way of loving of the sci-fi, anime, fantasy and all things nerdy. Right now I am trying to get my body in shape for Spartan glory. I still have about 10 lbs and 107 days (according to the Dragon Con site) to go. If anything I will be in shape for those stairs at the Hyatt.

Dr. Noe -

Good to see that Crimson Guardsmen has finally come together and you will be able to make it to Dragon Con this year. Most excellent indeed. Not sure if we are going to do the parade or not, but in that Guardsmen uniform it will be hot.

makio
05-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Dr. Noe - Good to see that Crimson Guardsmen has finally come together and you will be able to make it to Dragon Con this year. Most excellent indeed. Not sure if we are going to do the parade or not, but in that Guardsmen uniform it will be hot.

I can't remember where I saw you mention it, but I recalled reading a post where you(or someone else, the mind's a bit hazy this morning)were going to do a COBRA gathering or had fellow COBRA cosplaying group that attends D*Con regularly. If that's correct and you're willing to take on more cosplayers, I'd be glad to join up.
:sunburn:

london2191
05-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Meh, my D*C plans are moving around again. xD I know for sure that I'll have regular Namine for Sunday as I have a shoot that day. As for Monday, I /was/ going to do Final Fantasy X Yuna, but I might end up doing child Namine with my child Kairi. And then I might do Namine again on Saturday but I need to do Bleach with my Hinamori. O.O BUTTTTTTTTTTTT. We /might/ do a different version of our Bleach characters which we're not sure of until July. -shoots self-

Cosplaying plans are such a hassel.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-16-2007, 01:30 PM
i haven't gotten any solid D*C plans.....o.O which scares me a little bit *eep!*

Arlette
05-17-2007, 03:20 PM
I really need to pre-reg. I'll still be paying like $70 now, but it's better than $85 at the door. Both lines are AWFUL no matter what you do. If anyone was wondering, it's best to get there by Thursday to pick up your badge. By Friday you'll kinda want to die from the size of the line.

The Kraken
05-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Ohhhhh yeah. I prepaid last year and got there Thursday morning and when they FINALLY told us where to go to get our badges, the lines were outrageous.

vampirate
05-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Pre-reg wasn't bad last year when I picked mine up on Friday. At the door registration sounded like one of the inner circles of hell though from what I heard from friends who got there Saturday.

Brittany Bunny
05-17-2007, 06:54 PM
I've never had a problem with D*C registration. It takes me an hour or under, which isn't bad considering how long the line is. And that's with Friday at-con registration lines.

The Kraken
05-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I guess it did move along at a pretty good clip now that I think about it. I guess it was just the sheer number of people and the ridiculous labyrinth that had to be traversed that made it seem like a Herculean task.

Arlette
05-17-2007, 08:09 PM
I've never had a problem with D*C registration. It takes me an hour or under, which isn't bad considering how long the line is. And that's with Friday at-con registration lines.

Really? Then I must have been unlucky because the last time I had to stand in line for at-con registration on a Friday it took FOREVER. I would say at least two hours.

london2191
05-17-2007, 09:47 PM
I was gonna get mine before the deadline which was a coupl'a days ago *online*...but I have to march at my football game. And I'm already being deathly ill for Friday on AWA. xD I will be going the rest of the days tho'.

I'll be there in spirit?

reannaremick
05-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Last year there were BIG problems, I think largely due to the venue changing. It's usually not that bad. Especially if you get it on Thursday.

lostchildmiroku
05-30-2007, 11:55 PM
okay i have a costume update on what i am bringing and what i am cosplaying .

1. i have alot.....ALOT of purple ribbon for extra people
2. im cosplaying my heartless, Walkable fullsized kilala from Inuyasha, sexy-jutsu naruto , naruto, my own creation, i will be belly danceing in the drum circle, i dont know what i will do for the parade.. eather heartless or kilala, im am selling a sephiroth coat ( large or medium) , ummm O.o..i will update this if i find out more

london2191
05-31-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm trying to stray from anime and manga for Dragon*Con. Like, I would never dream of being Shoujo because I doubt anyone would recognize it. So I'm trying to stick to mostly video game cosplays this year.

fightstar
05-31-2007, 01:01 PM
91 days and counting!!

Brittany Bunny
06-03-2007, 01:11 AM
Really? Then I must have been unlucky because the last time I had to stand in line for at-con registration on a Friday it took FOREVER. I would say at least two hours.

I've always done at-con registration on Friday...I think Saturday morning one year. I've been in it for almost two hours only once, I think. I'll be doing it again this year, as well. Something always seems to come up and I never get to pre-register... >.>

As for costuming...I'll probably have a videogame costume with me, but I think that's little more broad than anime and manga. I agree in that I try not to wear stuff that I would normally wear to an anime con, but if I've spent a lot of time and money on something, you better believe I'm gonna wear it! As it is, I'm only probably taking two new costumes, and they're the ones I made this year. I'm just not one of those people who make 80 costumes a year (wish I could), so I tend to repeat wearing stuff.

Arlette
06-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Costume list is looking like this:

Sawa - KITE
Megara - Hercules

This is just for my own information, as I don't expect anyone else to actually care what costumes I'm wearing, but I thought I would post some recent changes. XD

I'm dropping Megara, so I apologize to the Kingdom Hearts people! I just won't have the time to finish/re-make the costume because ANEXT and Otakon are so close to each other in July, and then I'm moving in mid-August. Not a lot of time to work on costumes for D*C there!

My Star Trek choice has also changed from Deanna to Sela. w00t!! Much happier with Sela, since Tasha Yar is my favorite female character. But my good friend Sari (her coscom name) already makes a PERFECT Tasha. Denise Crosby even said to her, "You're the best me I've ever seen!" last year. XD So now we can be a mother/daughter duo! ^_~

I'm very excited this year! Moreso than even previous years! I don't know why! I hope to see many of your wonderful costumes there, and have a lot of fun! ^_^

A19Riku
06-04-2007, 07:33 PM
ahhhh i want to go but i have to do a little more convincing of the parentals
but i think it is highly likely that i shall make it there
as for what im wearing......................

well ill probably have to see what i have done .... most likely if their finished advent children cloud and the blue haired dude from FFXIII

Katyasha
06-06-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm going as my OC(Katyasha), a ninji for the hidden leaf, and maybe Washu

london2191
06-06-2007, 06:52 PM
I think my plans are set sorta in stone. More like wet cement...but I doubt I'll be bringing any anime or manga to D*C this year. It's all FF and KHII galore. >_<

Fyrebyrne
06-10-2007, 01:17 AM
defenently going back this year, second in a row and third overall. i stayed off site last year at a friend's house, and just didn't have that good of a time having to drive 20-30 minutes away. so this year i'll be staying on site, i beleive my friend booked us at the Hyatt.

Hotaru230
06-11-2007, 12:59 PM
i'm going! so excited!

i'm doing:
Gaz (invador zim)
loli cosplay
midevil dress
star wars something???

me and my friend are doing Gaz and Dib and we are looking for a Gur and Zim to meet up with.

i have another friend doing a loli too, so calling all lolies and loli like costumes!

and i am looking for a star wars group to join. i'm looking at either some version of Padme or her royal guard (love those robes!).

london2191
06-11-2007, 03:25 PM
I wonder if there's gonna be a scheduled Bleach shoot like last year.

TheDemon2300
06-13-2007, 12:56 AM
I've finally gotten around to taking the second step in my first thought-out costume for D*C.
I'm going as Kurosaki Ichigo from Bleach, in his Bankai form.
I bought the sword last year' and now, I'm working on getting the hair dye. The rest will be purchased as soon as I can get someone with a paypal account to help me.

If there's gonna be a Bleach shoot, I'd love to be there. Just catch me Thursday or Friday at the parade reg. table. (3rd-year Parade Staff worker, btw.)

D-Chan
06-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Well I've got my ticket, no hotel room, and half a costume done... ... seems kinda typical of me. I'll be there as what I still don't know :/

lostchildmiroku
06-22-2007, 12:31 PM
D-Chan if you wish you can stay in the room with me, my boyfriend, and my dad or i can see if my other friend alli can let you stay with her and her friends ^^ i know with me it would be 50 bucks for the entire weekend

Giant Alucard
06-23-2007, 07:30 PM
It looks like I'll be going to D*C this year. For costumes I'll hopefully have:
Alucard - Hellsing
Guts - Berserk
Pyramid Head - Silent Hill
Teal'c - Stargate
Worf - Star Trek
....... And maybe some older stuff, but i think that covers the basics

D-Chan
06-26-2007, 02:43 PM
lostchildmiroku I'll let you know right now out of hte 4 people I'm suppose to go with only 1 other has a ticket, she's trying to hook us up through some people she knows if it falls through I may very well take you up on that.

BayushiKachiko
06-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Got my plane ticket, hotel room squared, costumes underway...just gotta get the con pass, which will happen at pay-day on the 30th. =3

So far, the costume line up is looking like the following:
Friday Night: Gaku Namikiri/ ???
Saturday: Richter Belmont
Sunday: Vincent Valentine

The Kraken
06-26-2007, 04:46 PM
I just got my green card in the mail today. Rock.

Monicator
06-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Well i'm making it official now. I'll be going to D*C as Fox McCloud from Starfox Assault. Just bought a green flight suit yesterday. Gonna have fun painting and sewing extra stuff on that, but for now its time to work on the head so me and my friends, Duct Tape and Cardboard, are gonna spend some quality time togeather now.

Darth Takeo
06-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Well i'm making it official now. I'll be going to D*C as Fox McCloud from Starfox Assault. Just bought a green flight suit yesterday. Gonna have fun painting and sewing extra stuff on that, but for now its time to work on the head so me and my friends, Duct Tape and Cardboard, are gonna spend some quality time togeather now.
Damn straight you better be there!

:rockon:

MOSHI
06-29-2007, 10:10 PM
It's getting closer

lostchildmiroku
06-29-2007, 11:10 PM
D-chan> great ^^ . wow yeah less then like i think 68 days left and im counting down to being heartless in the parade (maybe) and holding onto my secret costume . ^^

Reatrea
07-03-2007, 03:45 PM
*Slams head* I am so excited about DC this year I have practically pee-ed my pants on numerous occasions.

Monicator
07-03-2007, 03:59 PM
I wonder if there are gonna be any other Starfox characters running around at D*C this year. Id love to have like a little group going like I did for Mortal Kombat last year.

Reatrea
07-04-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm sure there will be. I think I saw some last year!

london2191
07-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Still contemplating how many days I go on account of my parents think more than 2 days and I'll be raped. xD

Fyrebyrne
07-09-2007, 08:47 AM
now that MetroCon is over with, i'm gonna relax Con free for a week or so then start thinking/working on my DragonCon stuffs. Can't wait people.

MaryRyanBogard
08-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Well, I now know for sure that I'm going. Originally, I was going to bring my (male) Gryffindor uniform with the wigs and wands for both Ron Weasley (fourth movie version) and Sirius Black (young/Marauder-era), as well as Princess Peach. However the more I thought about it the more I realized that Peach, with her foofy dress and somewhat delicate jewelry, would be difficult to transport on a plane and still have room in both my suitcase and carry-on bag. Therefore, Ron and Sirius remain on my list, but my non-crossplay costume will be Ginny instead (I only need to throw in her wig, wand, skirt, and shoes- and those things take up way less space and aren't as delicate). I plan to be Ron on Friday, Ginny on Saturday, and Sirius on Sunday (a day "off" between crossplays is a good thing).

caramon
08-13-2007, 06:26 AM
Friday - Spartan

Saturday - Vegeta from Dragonball Z

Cynamin
08-13-2007, 10:20 AM
I am getting so excited about Dragon*Con - less than a month to go. Yay!

Yesterday I got my second costume to its "complete enough to wear" state. Jocasta Nu, Jedi archivist. It will be a long time before it's really complete, as I decided to be crazy and actually embroider the designs...but we'll see how close it is in a couple of weeks. Yay for a bus commute to work every day.

Aside from that, I have Kaylee from Firefly (done), working on She-ra, Princess of Power, and finally my boyfriend and I should be around at some point as Peter and Lois Griffin (just need a wig and Stewie doll prop to be done - easiest one).

This is the most costuming I have ever done, and I'm having so much fun with it.

Reatrea
08-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Woot For Nu!

makotohanabi
08-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Pretty much set with Schuldig (Weiss Kreuz manga), Magenta (Rocky Horror Picture Show), Ewok Leia (Return of the Jedi). Possibles are Willa (Thundercats) if I finish the bow on time and BC (Vandread) if I have time to fix the pants. If I'm feeling very ambitious I'll have Lady Jaye (G I Joe) done in time.

fightstar
08-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Friday - Spartan

Saturday - Vegeta from Dragonball Z

Spartan?! So will you be in the parade? I'll be there, just not as a Spartan this year.

caramon
08-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Spartan?! So will you be in the parade? I'll be there, just not as a Spartan this year.

I will probably be in the parade as Vegeta provided that my costume is finished by then... Last minute procrastinations really. But I'll be around as a Spartan. What will you be in the parade?

CosplayerGabi
08-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Frantic Sewing mode ON!

Got to finish up my Victorian skirt tonight. Then the vest on Friday and this weekend. Then I can squeeze in the shirt during the weekend too. Hair on Mon-Tues then I can pack and set off!

ravenmist
08-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Ok, with D*Con just around the corner and me getting (or at least feeling) slightly screwed over by the peopel I comissioned props through I'm throwing this out there...
Does anyone have or know of anyone who has a Dark Saber sword prop I could borrow for D*Con? I'll already be weaponless for Lightning and I'm ok with that, but for Saber it just won't look right. I promise to be good to it and will take very good care of it. Heck, I'll buy you dinner or something. Please please let me know. I hate asking here, but I've asked on my D*Con groups and no reply. If needs be I'll even pay for shipping if you're flying over. Anything. Please let me know.
Ok, off to try and finish Lightning! And thank you for reading my babble!

fightstar
08-23-2007, 09:06 AM
I will probably be in the parade as Vegeta provided that my costume is finished by then... Last minute procrastinations really. But I'll be around as a Spartan. What will you be in the parade?

**sigh** nothing. Couldn't get the Spartan done in time for Dragon Con and Cobra is NOT marching this year. I will be helping with the organization of the parade for the Spartans, but that is about it.

Only thing I have this year is my Cobra Ninja Warrior and my Cobra Trooper. I wanted more, but Real Life gets in the way sometimes. Next year, always next year.

That Vegeta is going to look awesome! :rockon: Any Gokus, Bardocks, Piccolos or Gohans going to be around this year?

Fory-san
08-23-2007, 09:15 AM
To quote the Jackson 5, I'll be there. :D Just look for the Spartan carrying around an Ultraman plushie. ^.~v

The Kraken
08-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Cobra is NOT marching this year

Dude. What the hell? Again?! Why is it so hard for them to get up? You wouldn't catch us missing the parade...

Ironekilz
08-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Elfquest represent! I'll be Skywise and I'm so freaking excited that I could convince my sister and brother-in-law to go as Oddbit and Picknose! ::jumps up and down in glee:: Their costumes are looking fantastic so far!

Commanderb2
08-24-2007, 08:23 AM
I'm going in a Stargate SG-1 (season 1) costume. I'm still gutting the jacket cause the liner is stitched into it.

caramon
08-25-2007, 04:34 AM
**sigh** nothing. Couldn't get the Spartan done in time for Dragon Con and Cobra is NOT marching this year. I will be helping with the organization of the parade for the Spartans, but that is about it.

Only thing I have this year is my Cobra Ninja Warrior and my Cobra Trooper. I wanted more, but Real Life gets in the way sometimes. Next year, always next year.

That Vegeta is going to look awesome! :rockon: Any Gokus, Bardocks, Piccolos or Gohans going to be around this year?

Yeah, that Spartan costume can be more of a pain than it seems if you want to make it high quality. Mine isn't going to be the highest quality but I'm wearing it for fun, not to impress anyone.

I'm still not sure about the Vegeta yet. heheh. It's almost finished but we'll see. I have a friend who will be adult Gohan with Goku's gi.

Reatrea
08-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Can you guys believe there is only 3 days left?! OMG! I've been having spaz attacks all week! (month.... year really.)

crimsonvision
08-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Elfquest represent! I'll be Skywise and I'm so freaking excited that I could convince my sister and brother-in-law to go as Oddbit and Picknose! ::jumps up and down in glee:: Their costumes are looking fantastic so far!

Elfquest!! Awesome! One of these days I really would like to do Winnowill!

Ironekilz
08-28-2007, 08:54 AM
That would be awesome! You should do it and then wear it to next year's Dragoncon so we can get pictures together!

bobbarker31
08-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Blade Runner Friday... and three Star Wars costumes the rest of the weekend. :D Starting to get really excited here!!

The Kraken
08-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Blade Runner?! What character? I was going to do Deckard, but the coat was too damn much and it fell to the bottom of my priority list this year.

SoiPixie
08-30-2007, 10:23 AM
I will be wearing Soi Fong and/or Yoruichi from Bleach costumes, Tank Girl, and DC's Catwoman costumes thruout the weekend.

Reatrea
08-31-2007, 06:18 AM
IT'S FRIDAY!

Happy Dragon*con Everyone!

This Is My Last Time On The Computer Before Signing Off Until After Dc! I'll See You All There! Stop Me And Say Hello, I'd Love To Meet You In Person!