PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden and Silent Hill

kittykyo_chan
10-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Alright, so halloween is comin' up(ALL TIME FAVOURTIE HOLIDAY OF THE YEAR) and I'm going to be dressed as mini pyramid head. since i'm like exactly 5 feet and is a girl...anyway, my school is holding a contest and I'm going to go in it. Only problem is, I don't know how to make the head look all rustied up and stuff also those little handlebar things on the side of his head i dont know how to do...oh and the bolts...any suggestions? oh yeah, and I also want to help my friend with his costume. He's going to be Ryu Hayabusa?...from Ninja gaiden. Oh and I'm new, and haven't cosplayed...ever...

XSTeknique
10-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Hayabusa's a tough one. I just finished mine, you can check out pics in my gallery. I'd be more than happy to help you out if you have any questions. Good luck! Oh and what is the "Pyramid Head" I keep hearing about?

daguru
10-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Here's a quick rusting tutorial...
What you need:
Flat Black Spraypaint
Flat Rust Red Spraypaint
Fleck Stone Spraypaint OR Coffee grounds

If you pick up som Flec Stone paint, spray that on first. Let it dry, then alternate usage of the black and red to get the desired color or tone.

If you'd rather use used coffee grounds, use a metod of spraying paint onto the helmet, then quickly tossing a small handfull of coffee ground onto the wet paint. Then Spray some paint on top of that to saturate it. Keep doing this and alternate the Red + Black colors to get the desired effect.

I don't think you'd have enough time to do the pipes and bolts before tomorrow, but you can just walk through a hardware store and pick out plumbing pipes/elbows that you think would look correct.