PDA

View Full Version : Duel Jewel, huh?

Yui
03-23-2003, 10:42 PM
Well, I guess I should check the silly mailing list or actually look at ACen's webpage once in a while or -something-

This is certainly gonna give AN some serious competition now.

I don't know if this is a good thing or not. I just know that this has just wiped out my supposed costuming schedule.

Yumeko
03-23-2003, 10:50 PM
why do you say that Yui???

Yui
03-23-2003, 10:57 PM
Hahaha...cuz it means I have to be Kami, Kaoru (and now) Lida for sure! I have to let people know what real visual kei is.

Anime cosplay at an anime con? I don't have time now. O_o

Michi
03-23-2003, 10:58 PM
Err. o_o; I don't think Duel Jewel claimed to be vis kei, if that's what you mean. ^^;

Yui
03-23-2003, 11:28 PM
Exactly...they are pretty Japanese guys and fairly talented j-rock musicians, but not VK at all. That would be like saying manga and anime are the same.
Sooo...I just don't want people confusing the two (as at Katsucon) - for it's one thing when there is no j-rock representation at a con (which I don't mind), and another when only a narrow one is there. I have to ensure that there will be variety, and I can't count on the other j-rock cosplayers to be there in force (I can think of....only like 8 or so of us) because most of them are on the coasts, and might not be able to get to ACen at this late stage. Anyway, it's just a very important personal quest for me. I am a j-rocker before I am a cosplayer.

Incidentally, I do quite like DJ's music, as well - and pretty pleased I have another shot at enjoying their visit properly this time.

Michi
03-23-2003, 11:31 PM
Err. ^^; I don't get it. Duel Jewel is just a J-rock band and not a visual band.. My head hurts.

I have no Jrock costume to wear. ._. Yet.

Yui
03-23-2003, 11:53 PM
^_-* Sorry, Michi. ::head-massage:: Don't rush anything for ACen. I'm the crazy one here.

Um, & you've got it just right, but I think most people don't.
& Basically, this is an excuse for me to go "fully" Psycho for ACen...well, with plenty of time before Otakon, actually...which wasn't supposed to happen before AX 04. O_-** Um, I'm not coherant right now because the plans for the next two seasons have all been uprooted.

Lilli
03-24-2003, 12:15 AM
:3 *fans poor Yui-chan so she dosn't faint or her head dosn't explode or something* Breeaaathe :3 Breatheeee... You can do it :3

*looks at a calender*...Holy Crap. There's less than two months left? HURRY!! XD XD XD

Hehehehee, joking ^^;;; Please don't burn yourself out, Yui!!!

ParnsAngel
03-24-2003, 01:25 AM
Heysa! Yui! You're still doin Darcia, right? Pwease? Pwetty pwease? Don't poop out on Darcia, you'd make an awesome Darcia, and the Wolf's Rain group wouldn't be the same without you!!! *sniff, sniff-sniff*

Mara
03-24-2003, 03:52 PM
Kyaaa! Thank you, Yui! Exactly what I was thinking! When I saw Duel Jewel called Visual Kei on the Anime Central site, I was thinking "Huh??? Since when?!?!"

And this has made me change my costume plans. Of the Malice Mizer costumes I REALLY want to make, Mana's Kyomu no nakade no Yuugi is one of them, and that might be a good one to wear to the Duel Jewel concert.... roar, I can't decide! Yui, when you say you're wearing a Kami costume, do you mean your Merveilles?

Yui
03-24-2003, 11:08 PM
ParnsAngel - See Wolf's Rain thread for those concerns...

Well, as far as Kami....I -could- bring Merveilles because I'm not that far away from the con. Like if it was a Kami emergency or something, but I wasn't planning on it. Basically going for Illuminati + either Cyberland or Au Revoir (whichever one gets done first.)
But I am so gonna do Lida! I rarely get sleeplessly excited over the prospect of a costume idea.

>Kyaaa! Thank you, Yui! Exactly what I was thinking! When I saw Duel Jewel called Visual Kei on the Anime Central site, I was thinking "Huh??? Since when?!?!"

Yeah, it's not as bad a representation as Katsu had, but it still shows a lack of understanding. But I'm still glad ACen's letting them come (even tho they did -try- AX and Otakon first. Glad they're 'settling' for our little con ^_-)
And what about SWEK now? And whatever parapare-ness is happening. I would think this is going to be awkward...

BadtzGirl
03-30-2003, 12:39 AM
I am just hoping the location for the Duel Jewel concert will be more condusive to sound than the random large carpeted room at Katsucon was. I would really like to hear them someplace ment for such music shows.

Looking forward to some J-Rock. But I think this time I will wear huge boots and stand in the back :)

Yui
03-30-2003, 08:36 PM
Yeah, I'll stand in the back with ya ^_-
And definitely not be waiting in line this time.

Considering the hotel is hamster-tunnel-connected to the Rosemont convention cneter (full of huge, non-carpeted areas - as our ninja sources determined last year) you might -hope- that a concert might be arranged -there- to give Main Programming to the other performers. Oh well, we'll have to see. But yes, the sound quality at Katsucon was a disaster, and I hope ACen knows better than to repeat the mistake of letting them perform in just a hotel room. Even the roof of the parking garage would be better. ^_-