PDA

View Full Version : Countdown 3 DAYS!!!!! you ready? :D

Elendriel
10-31-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm just excited :D so I made the countdown thread lolz

I can't believe that it's in 3 days!! Hard to believe.. that and tomorrow is November (headdesk) Where did this semester go?

I cannot wait to get to Youmacon. It's gonna be a blast.

Anyone else out there experiencing pre-con anxiety? Trying to get all those last minute things finished?

I think I've been to Wal-mart every day the past week lol, I keep remembering things I need to get.

Kia
10-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Both of my costumes are in better shape than usual, for me anyway. Usually if I'm making something new for a con I'm in a total panic and my costume is usually half done the week before the con, if I'm lucky. Still not finished, but I'm feeling better about it that at other cons. Biggest worry is whether I should enter the Hall or Masquerade competition ...

I think I'm feeling more anxiety for my papers which are due right after Youma than for the con itself. But I totally agree with you about the semester going by so quickly. ^_^

Elendriel
10-31-2006, 04:15 PM
lol I agree about the papers!! I have a huge paper due, plus 2 huge tests this week. It's not helping to the stress of the week lol

I'm entering both competitions.. should be fun :D

Kia
10-31-2006, 04:22 PM
lol I agree about the papers!! I have a huge paper due, plus 2 huge tests this week. It's not helping to the stress of the week lol

I'm entering both competitions.. should be fun :D
I wanted to enter both, but I'll only have one competition worthy costume by the end of the week. Meh, maybe I'll enter my other one just for shits and giggles. Good luck on your tests though, I just finished my mid terms last week.

Icey
10-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Fortunately, I'm finished with school and all my pre-con "holy shit my costume isn't finished" anxiety was before Acen, so right now my biggest worry is how long my feet can handle walking around in 5.5 inch heels on Friday. I'm just glad they're doing hall cosplay in addition to the masquerade since I'm wearing my terribly ornate/high maintinence costume on Friday instead of Saturday.

Elendriel
10-31-2006, 05:46 PM
good luck with that! :) yikes on heels. I definitely understand that! Half of my costumes required heels at AWA and man.... my feet hurt!

that's why this time 'round, I'm not wearing any heels :D I'm just cosplaying all my short characters hahah

like Hitsugaya and Wrath :)

Icey
10-31-2006, 06:41 PM
Haha yeah I'm going all out comfort on Saturday. Prince of Tennis cosplay ftw.

ReiHari
10-31-2006, 09:55 PM
Dude, I've been like squeling and shouting "YOUMACON!" Every other minute lately XDDD I'm 'stremely hyped <333 But I'll be there late on friday D:

Oh, does anyone know if the masquerade is that "Masquerade Green screen" Thing they talked about in the schedule?

Chibik3r0
10-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Excited? Hell yes.
Costume finished? Hell no.

At least I get a week of vacation now so I have all day Wednesday and Thursday to finish up everything before the con on Friday ^_^

MagiusT
10-31-2006, 10:47 PM
Dude, I've been like squeling and shouting "YOUMACON!" Every other minute lately XDDD I'm 'stremely hyped <333 But I'll be there late on friday D:

Oh, does anyone know if the masquerade is that "Masquerade Green screen" Thing they talked about in the schedule?

What Masquerade green screen? I see Masquerade, and a masq green room. Is the green room what you mean? If so that's where the contestants in the masquerade go before the masq and are fed from there to the stage. If that's not what you meant, or you already knew then whoops.

VanStrummer
10-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Ack, my truck was broken into and most of my costume was in one of my backpacks. So now, I get a few days to put together a new (probably lower quality) one. And I'm looking for a travel companion, I think thats all set though.

I am definetly excited have the oppertunity to meet you all. This is my first con, so I am doublily excited! I am still going as Gai. Also, I'm looking forward to getting some great pics and to having some fun in the game room!

ReiHari
11-01-2006, 07:01 AM
What Masquerade green screen? I see Masquerade, and a masq green room. Is the green room what you mean? If so that's where the contestants in the masquerade go before the masq and are fed from there to the stage. If that's not what you meant, or you already knew then whoops.

Yeah, that's what I meant XD -slaps self-

And sweet! There's an ad for youmacon on the forums! XD -pokes the top banner space-

fma_01_fan
11-01-2006, 06:37 PM
IM READY! IM READY! IM READY! IM READY! w00t w00t. xDD

ReiHari
11-01-2006, 06:54 PM
-dies-

2 days from the con and my costume's not ready XDDD

Kaorte
11-01-2006, 10:24 PM
i just made 25 hats in a period of two days *gonk* XD

Elendriel
11-01-2006, 11:13 PM
1 Day!!!!! Omg :d

Oreo_Otaku
11-02-2006, 12:39 AM
Ummm...No... and I'm leaving tomorrow and I got work.

SheikahPrincess
11-02-2006, 06:20 AM
I'm just excited :D so I made the countdown thread lolz

I can't believe that it's in 3 days!! Hard to believe.. that and tomorrow is November (headdesk) Where did this semester go?

I cannot wait to get to Youmacon. It's gonna be a blast.

Anyone else out there experiencing pre-con anxiety? Trying to get all those last minute things finished?

I think I've been to Wal-mart every day the past week lol, I keep remembering things I need to get.

I know exactly how ya feel...LOL XD

ReiHari
11-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Eureka-- Eureka Seven 100%

OMG EUREKA COSPLAYER -glomp- XD

And is the show name pronounced El-wreck-ah, or yer-eek-ah? XD I can never figure out D:

Sala
11-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Oh man. I cannot believe that I decided to go to this con just a few minutes ago. I guess I'll leave after work tomorrow. Heh. Normally I plan conventions months in advance; at least I live kinda close to this one, no plane tickets required!

SoulCrash
11-03-2006, 01:29 AM
Since YoumaCon is already here.. I already started up putting up random clips that happen during the con....

You can check them out via this link..
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=706CB09BC2E3AD5C

ReiHari
11-03-2006, 07:11 AM
OMG! YOUMACON STARTS TODAY!! -runs around- I feel great! :DDDD I'll be at the con kinda late, like about 6-7 pm. And I'm going as mamimi! See y'all there!