PDA

View Full Version : Dead or Alive (DOA) gathering : ALA 2007

Eurobeat King
11-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Hey everyone,

ALA 2007 will mark the 3rd year for the convention, and there has yet to be a Dead or Alive gathering there. So I plan to host one this January, and want to see if anybody else is interested in joining me.

I'll be cosplaying Jann Lee, but an alternate costume (The black & gold c1 one is retired for now until possibly AX 2007 (DOA & DOAX gathering.)

Here's the info for the gathering:

Dead or Alive gathering : Anime LA 2007

DAY : Saturday, January 27th
TIME : 11:00am
(If it's really cold outside that morning, we'll go inside where it's warmer.)

Dead or Alive Cosplayer List

Eurobeat King : Jann Lee
Michi : Kasumi
xcascax : Ayane
BlueLady : Helena
Kasui Enoki : Elliott
ebonywings : Kasumi
moofyboof : Tina
bagelrain : Ein

xcascax
11-01-2006, 05:20 PM
yay

I'll bring my Ayane c1 DoA4
I have no clue on time ideas :p

Eurobeat King
11-01-2006, 05:57 PM
I'll bring my Ayane c1 DoA4
I have no clue on time ideas :p

Yayy! Thanks for wearing that again, having missed the opp. to see it at AniMagic. :lost: I'll besure to take some good pics of your Ayane.

I wouldn't mind having it on Friday, but Michi is cosplaying in the CvS shoot, so I don't know if she could change into Kasumi before or after. Let's see what she thinks. ;)

BlueLady
11-02-2006, 11:52 AM
sounds fun, I can unearth helena now that I have the right shoes.

Eurobeat King
11-02-2006, 04:30 PM
sounds fun, I can unearth helena now that I have the right shoes.

I've added you as Helena to the list. :)

Michi
11-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Maaaaaaaaaaaybe. If I have my painting on my DOA3 C1 Kasumi outfit done by then, yes. If not, I dunno if I'll make a different DOA costume before then.

Kasui_Enoki
11-06-2006, 09:15 PM
I may bring Elliot. I'm not sure as of now. Let me see what my ALA schedule looks like.

Eurobeat King
11-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Too many "maybe's" :razz: Michi, you certainly have time over the holiday and all of January to work on those beloved cranes for K-girl. ;)

Kasui: I didn't get to see E-boy at Yaoi-con, so this would be a good time for you to wear him so we can take DOA pics together. :)

Michi
11-08-2006, 12:52 PM
You'd think so, but with how busy I am it's one, finding the time since I'm busy studying and have other costumes to work on, and two, being inspired. :x

xcascax
11-20-2006, 04:32 PM
uuummm~
lets see.
If you want to have the gathering when it's still light out on Saturday, 3 sounds like a nice time. The CvS is at 5 so 2 hours may give me time for photos and changing time XP

what does everyone else think?

Eurobeat King
11-26-2006, 11:48 AM
uuummm~
lets see.
If you want to have the gathering when it's still light out on Saturday, 3 sounds like a nice time. The CvS is at 5 so 2 hours may give me time for photos and changing time XP

what does everyone else think?

Do you mean Friday at 3pm for the DOA gathering? You said CvS is at 5, but that's on Friday, not Saturday.

I don't mind having it later at night on Friday, perhaps after the CvS gathering, or else we could have it Saturday morning. I'm open to suggestions. :)

xcascax
11-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Do you mean Friday at 3pm for the DOA gathering? You said CvS is at 5, but that's on Friday, not Saturday.

I don't mind having it later at night on Friday, perhaps after the CvS gathering, or else we could have it Saturday morning. I'm open to suggestions. :)
lol, ya I meant Friday.
well any time is good for me as long as we have a changing window XP

Michi
11-26-2006, 10:51 PM
I'd prefer not having it so close to CVS because if I wear Kasumi it takes me a while to get into that, but that's just me. XD;

Eurobeat King
11-27-2006, 12:31 PM
I'd prefer not having it so close to CVS because if I wear Kasumi it takes me a while to get into that, but that's just me. XD;

That's fine, since I want to take pics of the CvS gathering also. :) Maybe we can host the DOA gathering later that evening (like 8pm?) or just have it on Saturday? Let me know what you prefer.

Michi
11-27-2006, 03:51 PM
I like the idea of Saturday better right now, but it depends on how ALA's schedule starts developing. ^o^;

Eurobeat King
11-29-2006, 03:21 AM
I like the idea of Saturday better right now, but it depends on how ALA's schedule starts developing. ^o^;

Perhaps we can have the gathering on Saturday, like 11:00am or 12:00 noon, like we do for Day 2 of AX. :) How does that sound?

For the location, I would like to have it by the Rocky area in the Courtyard between the 2 sections of the hotel.

Michi
11-29-2006, 10:31 AM
That'd work! If I wear it it'll probably be the last time I wear my blue Kasumi for a while, too. ^^ I'll have a ponytail this time, also...

Eurobeat King
11-30-2006, 07:27 AM
OK, so how about we have the gathering on Saturday at 11:00am? If this is alright, then I'll post the info onto the gatherings list so that Anele can add it.

Michi
11-30-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm okay with that, since it's what we're used to... Even though I'm always a bit late since that costume takes longer to get into than I ever project it will. ^^;

Eurobeat King
11-30-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm okay with that, since it's what we're used to... Even though I'm always a bit late since that costume takes longer to get into than I ever project it will. ^^;

ohhhh.. you'll be fine. ;)

I've posted the info in the gatherings list for Anele to add.

Eurobeat King
12-28-2006, 12:08 AM
It looks like I won't be doing the c6 costume for Jann Lee, but instead I'll be doing his white & blue c2 alternate from DOAU. You can see some pics of what it looks like here:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/doaonline/screenindex.html?page=5

I'll have that done by ALA, and looking forward to debuting it and taking pics at the various backgrounds around the hotel. :)

Michi
01-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I just wanted to confirm myself as Kasumi, DOA3 C1 outfit. I'll get the damn painting done, and then probably never wear it again all year. XD; This time I'll have a ponytail since I hate the wig I had at JTAF/Ani-Magic and will be using it for something else later.

Eurobeat King
01-09-2007, 02:28 PM
I just wanted to confirm myself as Kasumi, DOA3 C1 outfit. I'll get the damn painting done, and then probably never wear it again all year. XD; This time I'll have a ponytail since I hate the wig I had at JTAF/Ani-Magic and will be using it for something else later.

Good luck to you in painting those cranes on in-time for ALA! :) I'll besure to take pictures of your costume, being the only time you (might) wear it this year. hehe

ebonywings will most likely be going, and she'll be wearing her black & gold (c4) Kasumi, so I must get pictures of you two together on Saturday!

moofyboof
01-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Hm... I might go, and it would be my first. One of my ideal costumes is Tina, in her tattered gray shirt with pink undergarments. She's my favorite :)

Only problem is boyfriend approval :P Silly protective boys

Eurobeat King
01-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Hm... I might go, and it would be my first. One of my ideal costumes is Tina, in her tattered gray shirt with pink undergarments. She's my favorite :)

Only problem is boyfriend approval :P Silly protective boys

Hope you can make it! ALA is a nice way to experience your first anime con, and also for cosplaying. Our group may not be that big, but at least you'll get to join in and pose for pictures! Hopefully your b/f will let you attend and cosplay Tina. *crosses fingers*

moofyboof
01-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Haha! Maybe I'll just be sneaky..... :P

I think he's just mad that I kick his butt as Tina in DOA2 ;)

Eurobeat King
01-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Haha! Maybe I'll just be sneaky..... :P

If you're going to be sneaky, you'd have to be a ninja, and then you'd have to cosplay Kasumi or Ayane. ;) Tina is meant to be LOUDDD. haha But do your best to make it.

UPDATE: With 2 weeks (to today) to go, I may or may not finish my new Jann Lee in-time for ALA.. :lost: I still have my Ohayocon pics to post, but maybe during my next days off from work if I'm done with the pics by then, I'll get working on the costume and finish it.. If not, then I'll bring my black & gold one for one, last hurrah (like Michi's blue kasumi) since i've yet to wear it to ALA. I'll keep you all posted.

moofyboof
01-15-2007, 02:16 AM
w00t, I think we are now gonna have an Ein (Hayate) .... well technically in his Ein mentality because its not in proper Hayate attire. He knows not who he is!

I'm helping my best friend with this :) Should be fun!!!

Hooray!!

Aw man. He, my roommate, her boyfriend, and I played tag battle against each other for so long just now. I'm amped!

Eurobeat King
01-15-2007, 11:25 AM
w00t, I think we are now gonna have an Ein (Hayate) .... well technically in his Ein mentality because its not in proper Hayate attire. He knows not who he is! I'm helping my best friend with this :) Should be fun!!! Hooray!!

Have fun turning your friend into Ein. ;) Which costume is it, btw? Ein doesn't have too many complicated costumes: the black mesh-shirt one, the karate uniform, or shirtless with red pants and chains around his wrists to name a couple.

I've also updated the first post of this thread for the gathering information like day, time, and where to meet up. If it's cold during that time, we'll go back inside the hotel and take pics there.

Must.. work on costume.. :thumbsup:

moofyboof
01-15-2007, 02:49 PM
He made a very last-minute decision. The white shirt/black pants one (wishes it was the red and chains!) I think the one he's picking is the hottest on Ein :P

moofyboof
01-17-2007, 07:58 PM
ok, update. i WILL be going as Tina

and my friends name is bagelrain

Eurobeat King
01-18-2007, 10:57 AM
ok, update. i WILL be going as Tina

and my friends name is bagelrain

I've updated your status and your friend's name to the list. I look forward to meeting you next weekend! :)

UPDATE: It looks like I won't be able to get my new Jann Lee done in-time for ALA. :blubber: So I'll either bring his c1 black & gold costume (haven't worn it before to ALA) or else I won't cosplay but I'll still help organize the gathering and take pics of everyone. At least if I'm not cosplaying I can a lot of nice pics of the gathering, and sometimes that's better. But you'll see my new Jann Lee at the much-bigger DOA gathering at AX this summer! ;)

Eurobeat King
01-23-2007, 04:50 PM
:lost: ebonywings can't make it to ALA this weekend (school & work) so it looks like you'll be the only Kasumi cosplayer this weekend, Michi. :)

Michi
01-23-2007, 05:16 PM
My Kasumi may end up being in the same state it was last time. You'd think the painting wouldn't take long, but it's really intricate and I have to do it twice. >_>;; And I have two costumes to finish sewing this week. We'll see! But I'll wear it for sure no matter what, because yesterday I ordered a ponytail extension to wear with it for ALA. :x

Eurobeat King
01-23-2007, 06:23 PM
My Kasumi may end up being in the same state it was last time. You'd think the painting wouldn't take long, but it's really intricate and I have to do it twice. >_>;; And I have two costumes to finish sewing this week. We'll see! But I'll wear it for sure no matter what, because yesterday I ordered a ponytail extension to wear with it for ALA. :x

That's fine, since you haven't worn it to ALA before, and it'd be nice to get pics of K-girl utilizing the hotel's nice backgrounds. :)