PDA

View Full Version : New Photo Gallery Features

Admin
08-13-2002, 12:14 AM
This is a thread to announce/discuss the newest features in the photo gallery (now located at images.cosplay.com) New features are in bold, the rest are just improvements.

- Video Uploads. Support for multimedia files. When the script detects the upload is a multimedia file, it will prompt the user for a thumbnail to be uploaded or use a default image.
- New Help system. Popup windows with help topics.
- New Comments/Photos indicator - for users who are logged in, the arrow for comments and posts will glow when new items have been posted since last visit to the category.
- My Favorites. Users will have the ability to "tag" images for their own "My Favorites" feature. Viewing My Favorites shows the tagged images in a gallery format.
- Edit Photo now displays a thumbnail of the image being edited.
- Added Sort options: Random, Least Popular (by views), Most Popular (by views) and added number of views to prop up popular images in Most Popular (by rating).
- Hyphens are now allowed in filenames.
- Search now searches the filename in addition to the other fields

If anyone notices any bugs please let me know.

L to the 3rd
08-13-2002, 12:55 AM
dude..how can you guys afford soo much space?
i can barely get by payin for sj's 100 mb hosting space.

LiL QoH
08-13-2002, 01:03 AM
Theres a problem with uploading pictures at the moment. When I try to UL a picture it gives me an error message about making the thumbnail:crylaugh:

Admin
08-13-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by LiL QoH
Theres a problem with uploading pictures at the moment. When I try to UL a picture it gives me an error message about making the thumbnail:crylaugh:
ok, I think I fixed this, try again and please let me know if it still gives you the error.

Admin
08-13-2002, 02:40 AM
I found a bug where it doesn't allow users to post comments without rating the photo. I emailed the guy who wrote the script and hopefully will have a fix shortly.

LiL QoH
08-13-2002, 01:33 PM
so it works now..buuuut it doesnt make a thumbnail for the picture and its huge and sticking out on the member galleries and the fanart gallery lol:thumbsup:

Admin
08-13-2002, 02:09 PM
I just changed something, tried one and it worked . . . could you try again for me plz? If it doesn't work again then it's probably a usergroup issue or something and I'll look further.

LiL QoH
08-13-2002, 11:21 PM
works fine now :)

Admin
08-14-2002, 12:36 AM
cool. :)

Rosiel
08-14-2002, 11:11 AM
I miss the "Most popular" and "Random" features the gallery used to offer... are they gone permanently?

Admin
08-16-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Admin
I found a bug where it doesn't allow users to post comments without rating the photo. I emailed the guy who wrote the script and hopefully will have a fix shortly.

This problem has been fixed and comments are now working again without having to rate the photo.

Admin
08-16-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Rosiel
I miss the "Most popular" and "Random" features the gallery used to offer... are they gone permanently?

I'm not sure I'm seeing the same thing, I have both of those in the dropdown box . . . is it not showing up in a specific section?

Rosiel
08-16-2002, 09:57 AM
> I'm not sure I'm seeing the same thing, I have both of those in the dropdown box . . . is it not showing up in a specific section?

Silly me they used to be displayed in boxed under your gallery before and I wondered why they were gone. ^____^ I didn't notice them in the drop-down!