PDA

View Full Version : Lolita/Fashion "meet-up" @ Youma

deepplumlipstic
11-02-2006, 10:00 PM
We'd been tossing this idea around on the Michigan Cosplay Society forum and so here's the deal:

From 1-3ish on Saturday, in the hotel resturant there will be a meet up for lunch, tea or whatever of people who are dressed Lolita, interested in Lolita fashions or Jfashion in general. I'm not elitist because I won't be dressed Lolita. Basically, if you want to have lunch/tea and talk with people interested in Lolita or other fashions this is the place.

There will be a group of us hopefully, and I'll probably be dressed in something decora, not blue spiky hair as i had previously said, srry if you could drop a line here so I have an idea of if it's gonna be 5 people or if it's gonna be 20, it'd be appreciated, but also feel free to tell other people or bring other people.

Please plan on buying at least a soda if you are going to sit in the resturant, or we will most likely be asked to move elsewhere. If we do move somewhere else it will most likely be somewhere in the lobby of the convention.

The Jfashion panel itself runs from 6-8pm Saturday night.

This is what else is going on from 1-3 Saturday in case you wanted to know:
Cosplay Judging
Live Action Mario Party
Org. XIII: Flames of Fury
Cosplay and You
Autographs: Chris Cason and Caitlin Glass
Final Fantasy Cos. Photo Shoot
Iron Editor Warm-Up
Kingdom Hearts Cos. Photo Shoot

The Jrock Clinic starts at 3.

See you there-
Laura

Kairikate52
07-24-2007, 01:41 PM
We'd been tossing this idea around on the Michigan Cosplay Society forum and so here's the deal:

From 1-3ish on Saturday, in the hotel resturant there will be a meet up for lunch, tea or whatever of people who are dressed Lolita, interested in Lolita fashions or Jfashion in general. I'm not elitist because I won't be dressed Lolita. Basically, if you want to have lunch/tea and talk with people interested in Lolita or other fashions this is the place.

There will be a group of us hopefully, and I'll probably be dressed in something decora, not blue spiky hair as i had previously said, srry if you could drop a line here so I have an idea of if it's gonna be 5 people or if it's gonna be 20, it'd be appreciated, but also feel free to tell other people or bring other people.

Please plan on buying at least a soda if you are going to sit in the resturant, or we will most likely be asked to move elsewhere. If we do move somewhere else it will most likely be somewhere in the lobby of the convention.

The Jfashion panel itself runs from 6-8pm Saturday night.

This is what else is going on from 1-3 Saturday in case you wanted to know:
Cosplay Judging
Live Action Mario Party
Org. XIII: Flames of Fury
Cosplay and You
Autographs: Chris Cason and Caitlin Glass
Final Fantasy Cos. Photo Shoot
Iron Editor Warm-Up
Kingdom Hearts Cos. Photo Shoot

The Jrock Clinic starts at 3.

See you there-
Laura

As we all know, Michigan is a suckish state when it comes to cosplaying. There aren't many cons here, except for Youmacon (Troy, near Detroit) and Jafax(Allendale, near Grand Rapids). I am planning on going to (at least) Jafax, and possibly Youmacon.

My real reason I am here is to find more Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2 cosplayers to go with me!!! I have NO ONE (literally) to go with!!! (unless you count my weirdo naruto friend that is going along).

So any of you Michigan cosplayers who are cosplaying Kingdom Hearts style at Jafax or Youmacon, PLEASE contact me. thanx a ton!

Oh, by the way, I am cosplaying as Kairi (pink dress).

TokyoPanda8683
07-24-2007, 08:50 PM
I recently got in into lolita fashion. But what would we do if we meet up? I dont want there to be a awkward thing going on because we're just sitting there. I'll show up to take pictures with the girls. But like i said... I dont see us doing much and since I dont know any1 thats going to the lolita meet up.. i'll be shy and feel awkward. Unless of course, it really is fun XD.

Hebi_ichigo16
08-20-2007, 11:42 AM
yeah i'd totally meet up but i dont know if i'm going for sure. I want to very badly but I dont know. but I'll know more later on in the months, but I will most likely be goign so I'm down! I'd meet up and get something to eat or drink :3

pure_delusionz
09-22-2007, 09:27 PM
aw, im going to youmacon in lolita, but i can only go on friday =(

pure_delusionz
09-23-2007, 12:19 PM
hey, if any of u are dressing in lolita fashion you should request it for a photoshoot in the forum at youmacon.com (cosplay--->photo shoot gatherings 2007 forum)...so far theres only 3 requests