PDA

View Full Version : Chobits Photoshoot!

Himemiya
03-24-2003, 01:46 PM
WHAT: Chobits Photoshoot! All chobits cosplayers are welcome!

WHERE: not sure, this depends on the time/place of the COSP shoot (we can't have two photoshoots in the same place x.x)

WHEN: Saturday, Animazement!

I'm not sure on a time yet, because I'd like to see the scheduel first (I like how animazement puts their scheduel on the webpage a few days before ^^) But I'm shooting for noon, behind the big plant thing in front of the main entrance, where the check-in desk is.

Things that could force us to change location or time: the COSP photoshoot or the Cosplay.com photoshoot being in the same place at the same time, a cosplay panel at the same time, or some other big thing that lots of people want to go to at the same time ^^;

I'm also publicising this on cosplaylab, and soon the COSP list ^^

SO! All that said, hope to see you there! I'll be wearing my Yumi costume ^_^

(apologies for the ghetto diagram of where the photoshoot will be ^^; )

liz-maru
03-24-2003, 02:31 PM
im so there Himemiya!! i cant wait! yahoo!

evaneko
03-24-2003, 07:51 PM
yay!! i'm sooo there!!

minako chan
03-25-2003, 10:18 PM
The diagram worked well enough for a simple person like me...I'm planning a chii costume if I can win these darn ears on ebay...(goes to set her bid up to $1,000)

Update:I won the ears and beads,and I only have to pay about $90! I'm dedicated!

Himemiya
03-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay people are coming! ^_____^

evaneko
03-28-2003, 05:58 PM
my friends suzzi and irene will also be coming as dark chii and dita, respectivly. its gonna be so fun ^^

aparrelainetai
03-28-2003, 10:06 PM
hello, I also might be comming for the photoshoot! I think they need a map for Animazement this year...it would help a lot!
OR, I could just go find the hotel layout on the internet and label everything when I got there....hmn...that would be fun! ^_^

Himemiya
04-02-2003, 11:33 AM
^^ Yay!! What costume are you wearing?

AshleyV
04-02-2003, 12:17 PM
I'm in for the photoshoot!

aparrelainetai
04-02-2003, 03:01 PM
this one...

http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/detail.asp?costumeid=5725

Himemiya
04-02-2003, 08:05 PM
Eeeeee yay! *^_^* And yay ashleyv! YAY! ::dances::

FweePockyGirl
04-08-2003, 03:57 PM
i will happily be the photoshoots Plum...thouh my costume is...a little less appropriate then Plum's should be (How was I supposed to know the pattern was for a bikini and not a leotard! and that material was not sheer when I bouht it) wow...the world's first slutty-version Plum >.<;;

Himemiya
04-08-2003, 07:05 PM
If you look too risque we'll just call you 'human-sized plum' XD

Marty
04-09-2003, 02:30 PM
I'll gladly show up in a lolita-ish Chii...I don't have an actualy costume that Chii wears but I'm making a very large lolita dress much like one of her own dresses, and I've got the right wig for it. ;)

By the way (shameless plug) if anyone needs Chii ears, I sell them for very cheap...they're cast from latex and set on small headbands to go under your wig. *^_^*

evaneko
04-09-2003, 03:34 PM
marty- how much do your ears cost?? and where could i order them??

Marty
04-09-2003, 08:52 PM
Evaneko- You can get em right from me RIGHT NOW! It's that convenient! Whee!

Oh, they're super cheap, 35$ a pair, painted and all. I can show you a picture this weekend, as I'll be casting another pair of them then. They're very durable too, made of movie SFX latex. :) Let me know if you want to see a picture and I'll PM you about it ;D

evaneko
04-10-2003, 03:16 PM
:O id love to... but how much is shipping >< im very low on cash right now... if its anymore than like 6-7 dollars i dont think i can afford a pair..

aparrelainetai
04-10-2003, 04:05 PM
I bought some on ebay for $3.75....

Studmaster
04-11-2003, 12:46 AM
So there is going to be a Chobits Shoot.

I better get in gear with my Costume.

minako chan
04-11-2003, 01:48 AM
*thinks* Are you gonna be Chii chan too??? :)

Studmaster
04-11-2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by minako chan
*thinks* Are you gonna be Chii chan too??? :)

As entertaining as that may sound, that won't be happening this century. I'm going as a male character from Chobits though. I have had this costume in planninf for a while. This is the perfect time for it to debut.

Himemiya
04-11-2003, 01:02 PM
YEEEAAH studmastah!! We have a male character! WOO!

evaneko
04-11-2003, 04:43 PM
hehe!! you soooo should be chii too ^^ btw- my dita bailed on me ><

Kitshera
04-11-2003, 04:53 PM
I'm in! Fwahah! =D Okay, I know no one knows me or anything yet o.o I just got here, but hey, er I'm going to be Dark Chii ^_^'; It's a version I don't think I've seen anyone do yet.

VoiclessChild
04-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Whoo hoo! ::Has found her calling:: I'm gonna be Chii, (who isn't!?) so I'll probably show up there.......
wait, kitshera...are you gonna be the one in the front of the english manga book, that is sitting across from her exact opposite? I think she may have Black wings on her back...but if so, I'm going as light Chii in that outfit! ^.^

-jade*

VoiclessChild
04-11-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Marty

Oh, they're super cheap, 35$ a pair, painted and all. I can show you a picture this weekend, as I'll be casting another pair of them then. They're very durable too, made of movie SFX latex. :) Let me know if you want to see a picture and I'll PM you about it ;D

Ne ne, can I buy a pair too? Animegamers wants $50! for them...but this sounds good...IM me @ KiwiDelusion!

-jade*

Kitshera
04-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Oooo sounds pretty ^_^ nah, I'm not going to be that version, even though I wish I could have been. I love anything with wings *.* Do you have a picture of her? ^_^ I'm trying to find the picture I have of the costume I'm cosplaying. I think it was on a card or something.

Himemiya
04-12-2003, 03:06 AM
WAI!! So many people plan to come!

So far we have Yumi, a 'risque' Plum, studmaster's mystery male character, and between 7 and 10 chii's ^.^

Anyone who wants to drag their friends along, please do! Or if you see a chobit in the hallways, bring them to the photoshoot! ^____^ I'll bring candy! XD

liz-maru
04-12-2003, 07:29 AM
canday yes!! ^_^

liz-maru
04-12-2003, 07:30 AM
oh and i might have my friend jessi dress up as chii and ill be dark chii for her! yay! so there is another one for ya! ^_-

aparrelainetai
04-12-2003, 10:48 AM
maybe we should all be carrying a similar object, that way if we don't know exactly where to go, we won't get lost!

Maybe we could all carry a fake rose or something....

Kitshera
04-12-2003, 03:48 PM
lol wow, there's going to be over 100 Chiis if this keeps up o.O

FweePockyGirl
04-14-2003, 07:45 AM
uhm...ill carry a giant floppy disk...ALL HAIL THE GIANT FLOPPY DISK..it should be the new chair..haha

AshleyV
04-14-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Marty

If you have any extras I'm interested in buying one!

evaneko
04-14-2003, 02:59 PM
>< no more chii's dammit... but at least no one will have the same outfit as me...

aparrelainetai
04-14-2003, 03:19 PM
same here...my outfit has never been worn.....at least I don't think it has..... -__-; It's gonna be original dammit! I don't care what I have to do!! >_<

DancingVampire
04-14-2003, 04:24 PM
ALL HAIL THE GIANT FLOPPY DISK..it should be the new chair..haha

weee! CHAIR (ahh otakon memories) I might be wearing a chobits outfit not sure though ^_^; oh well if I am I'll try to make it

liz-maru
04-14-2003, 04:44 PM
well both of our chii costumes are gonna be original so no one worry we wont be the same as another chii! ^_-

Marty
04-14-2003, 10:48 PM
Evaneko and AshleyV - shipping is only 6$, they're extremely light. Personally, I think mine are better than a lot of the cheap homemade ones on Ebay because they're cast directly into special effects latex and airbrushed for color, not made out of Model Magic or fur or anything. :)

Yeah AshleyV, I can always make new pairs! I use the same mold, so all I have to do is get more latex to cast. PM me and I'll send ya my Paypal email addy or my address for a money order, whichever you'd like to do. I'm already filling some orders for Chii ears just for Animazement. *plug* You can also visit my small commisisons site using the Wonderland Shop button on the front page of Cosplay.com.

I'm glad no one will be doing MY Chii...er...seeing as it's an original dress, I doubt anyone COULD *LOL* It's fun to be original!

Marty
04-14-2003, 10:50 PM
Forgot to ask: how many people are using light blonde wigs, and how many are using white wigs for Chii? I've always liked the white-haired drawings so I'll probably use my white one, tho I have an extra-light blonde just in case.

FweePockyGirl
04-15-2003, 10:57 AM
ahh lots of chiis...this is scary....o.O

arisuchan
04-15-2003, 12:08 PM
I agree with Marty that white wigs look better for Chi. I don't know why maybe it adds to the general elegance of the costume. I wanted a white wig but I got a very pale blonde well. (oh well maybe I can afford another one some day)

I'd love to be a part of this photogroup but as my schedule is shaping up so far I probably wont be able to. I'll probably wind up wearing my Chi later on Saturday or maybe Sunday. Still I will try to pop my head over to see everyone's costumes.

liz-maru
04-15-2003, 08:11 PM
my wig is a light blonde i wanted to get a white one but im so pale id look even more ghostie! -__-

minako chan
04-15-2003, 10:25 PM
I'm going for the anime chii look, so my wig is pale blond. Its the same one I used for Cammy.(see "minako chan" at cosplaylab)

Oh my god! I will sooo like throw a hissy fit if someone has the same outfit as me...^.^ *lol*

FweePockyGirl
04-16-2003, 07:15 AM
I'm the same way... I hate people having the same costume as me...ok I dont know if id really hate it...its just never happened so im not sure what i would do ...thats why I always am modifiing them or doing a chibi version or doing one never ever done before ^.^ I specilize in unique cosplay... though how I managed to be the only ed is still a great cosplay mystery o.O

liz-maru
04-16-2003, 01:39 PM
you can if you want to check out my dark chii photos in my gallery its not even half done yet, but i just felt like postin em! ooo and you can see my friend jessi's dress there to! ^_-

Marty
04-17-2003, 02:02 AM
fweepockygirl the only Ed? Like from cowboy bebop? I've seen tons of her. I'm sure you mean some other Ed though LOL*

Yeah, I like being original...I was amazed I managed to be the first Harry Potter onstage at a convention, tho not the first to ever do the costume, of course. But I'd rather have an extremely well-made duplicate costume than a totally original but mediocre one, I suppose. I mostly try to do my favorite characters even if they've been done before...except for Queen Helena at katsucon, THAT was a disaster....only ONE person knew I was from Nurse Angel Ririka! Everyone else said X/1999, Rose of Versailles or just "The big white dress". I'm doing a Thieves and Kings costume next, because the artist is a friend of mine...but good luck getting anyone to recognize THAT. :)

By the by, you can get super cheap wigs at www.witchwig.com, including long white ones for Chii. Not a plug, I don't work for them. But the more wigs you buy altogether the less they charge per wig AND shipping is free in the US! :D Rock on!

evaneko
04-17-2003, 05:04 PM
back to marty's question- my chii wig is like a slightly yellowish white... but more white than blonde. it is also a little bit wavy...

aparrelainetai
04-17-2003, 05:26 PM
someone needs to open an anime wig shop and actually UPDATE it..... -_-;; Or make a Chobits cosplay shop ^_^ that would be cool

Rei2Rei
04-17-2003, 06:11 PM
I'm kinda late..heehee

But I'm coming to this too! I'm MazokuPriestess from CosplayLab.com.

I'm going as Chii! :thumbsup:

Marty
04-18-2003, 03:20 AM
Wow Aparrel (er, etc etc), I think that's a great idea! I've wanted to opena Chii shop just because I specialize in lolitas big and small...I guess you'll see why when you see my Chi costume ;). Right now I've just got the Wonderland Shop and I advertise on this site, but I've always wanted to do a lolita-specific site and particularly Chi. The dresses are just SO CUTE!

evaneko
04-18-2003, 11:56 AM
ack another chii!!! >< a lolita site would be super cool... ^^

Marty
04-18-2003, 02:46 PM
Yeah it would! I've got lots of lolis on my shop site now BUT they're just regular lolitas that I wear everyday and such to class, not ones people have ordered. HUM, maybe I WILL open a loli/Chii shop. That would be SO SWEET. I could even buy a second advertising space on here...*runs off to think*

Himemiya
04-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Watch out with labeling your shop "chobits" or "chii" something, because clamp might be in a bad mood sometime and try to sue ;_;

Marty
04-18-2003, 09:17 PM
LOL nah, I might feature some Chiis but I'd rather have it be a general lolita shop. I've had a label name of my own picked out for a while, just never really acted on it. But thanks for the heads-up, hon!

aparrelainetai
04-21-2003, 06:08 PM
which entrance are we supposed to go through???
Choose from the red dot or the black dot in the attached image.
by the way, THE IMAGE ATTATCHED IS A FULLY SCANNED IMAGE OF THE HOTEL MAP
As far as I know, this is the only map online....and if I see it anywhere without my permission, prepare to die a slow and painful death...j/k you can use it if you like ^_^;

-Apichan

http://images.cosplay.com/data/556/4611map.gif

Himemiya
04-21-2003, 07:51 PM
Red dot!
^^ thanks for the better map!

aparrelainetai
04-21-2003, 09:31 PM
you're welcome! ^_^ I was just bored and wanted to scan something...

oh, oh, guess what?!....I just found out that I don't have to help pay the $740 for hotel rooms for my anime club members...
They said since I paid for most of it last year, they're all going to pay for it this year...meaning.....I now have $500+ spending cash $_$ $_$ $_$ $_$
lifetime supply of Pocky here I come.... *_*

liz-maru
04-22-2003, 08:05 AM
oh wow cool deal aparrelainetai monay in the bank!! ^_-

aparrelainetai
04-22-2003, 05:02 PM
Hey, this is what I look like, just so you can spot me ^_^

I've lost some weight since both of them were taken(10 lbs hehe), but I don't look that much different!

http://images.cosplay.com/data/500/4611ME.jpg

Himemiya
04-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Eeee buy me some pocky XD I'll be sooo broke!

aparrelainetai
04-22-2003, 05:44 PM
I might give you a box...depends on if I've eaten it all or not :D hehe

FweePockyGirl
04-25-2003, 04:57 PM
Himemiya- I got ya covered on pocky you know that already (under the counter pocky for cookie deal HAHAHAH)

Marty- yes i meant cowboy bebop ed, and i know im not the only one ever of course not, I was the only one at AZ last year (besides a male one o.O)
I tend to do costumes though that have never been done before and no one ever recognizes me, my sakura from ninja cadets costume kept being confused for misao of kenshin and I have no idea what my Monica from Dark Cloud 2 costume will be confused for...

>.<

Marty
04-26-2003, 12:13 AM
Hey everyone, I finished my Chii dress and I'll be able to post pics of it in a few days, wheeee! I woulda had them by tomorrow, but the photoshoot for SCAD got postponed til Tuesday, which was also when I hoped to take pics of THIS dress, so Tuesday it is. :) Hooray! (And I'll have pics of the latex Chii ears for sale up soon, sorry bout the wait to all the peeps who ordered them!)

evaneko
04-30-2003, 02:52 PM
oooo im gonna post pics when mines done... if my scanner isnt being all evil-ish ^^

Link Arroway
04-30-2003, 03:12 PM
So many Chii's! ^_^ hehe, at least there won't be a lack of cuteness at this con.
Pocky, mmm... wait.. I've never actually HAD ANY Pocky! I'll buy some... maybe next year.. I'm cheep :p

aparrelainetai
04-30-2003, 03:25 PM
I've been eating this pocky from Taiwan, it doesn't taste the same as the pocky from japan...and I miss giant pocky...they don't sell it where I live.... :(

Link Arroway
04-30-2003, 03:32 PM
that sucks =(

giant pocky.. sounds yummy! ^_^