PDA

View Full Version : Black Rose from .hack

Farasha
11-03-2006, 05:53 PM
So, I'm pretty sure about what I want to do for the bottoms, 'cause it's simple. But I'm having trouble deciding on the top. Is it skanky to modify a bra? Should I be looking for a bikini swimsuit of the right color? I'm mostly worried about the kids that go to these cons - Black Rose isn't really the most modest of characters, and I don't want to scar any little children for life.

Also (and this will be re-posted in the accessories section), how heavy is celluclay? As in, if I made her armor and Big Honkin' Sword out of it, would I die from weight? I'm pretty tiny, plus I like being comfortable.

Parrotfish100
11-03-2006, 06:47 PM
I don't reccommend using celluclay for anything... its not that great. Its really rough, lumpy, and a pain in the rear to sand. It also doesn't dry very well if its thicker than like 1mm thick.

I can't give any advice on the top, but as far as the sword goes, make it out of foam and paper machet over the top. you can find tips and techniques for this in the props forum. If you need any other help on the sword, lmk!

Ghost613
11-05-2006, 03:49 PM
black rose is a tough one, cuz she wears some of the skimpiest armor i've ever seen, but it's still actual armor (that means i's all shiny and everything). you might want to try making the top out of some sort of shiny leather like material. as to modifiying a bra being to skanky, it's not. i mean, black rose's outfit is skimpy, but not really skanky, and the way you make the costume doesn't make that much difference if you are going to start with a bra, may i suggest black, strapless and not very fancy. strapless because she has only one strap, and its neater to add a strap than to cut one off.
hope this helps.
(i've never done this costume personally, but my friend did for a group coslpay.)

KumagoroD
11-05-2006, 04:19 PM
You should ask Amethyst Angel how she did mine. She did an amazing job and it's very easy and light to wear...granted it's a Mimiru but their outfits are similar.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=1255&cat=500

Farasha
11-06-2006, 07:24 AM
You should ask Amethyst Angel how she did mine. She did an amazing job and it's very easy and light to wear...granted it's a Mimiru but their outfits are similar.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=1255&cat=500

Wow, she's got a lot of really awesome stuff in her gallery. I'll make sure to contact her about it.

Parrotfish100 - That's good to know, since the last person I talked to about the costume swore up down and backwards that celluclay was the best invention for a cosplayer ever.

Ghost613 - You mean like vynil? I do have experience sewing vynil so that might be my best bet.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

fanofallac
11-07-2006, 04:26 PM
i have made many different types armor that are (SFA)certified armor and my advice for the top is get a black plastic barrel use the bowls for the shape for the breast and put it in a oven and heatit until the plastic molds the shape then use a heat gun to dremel tool for details and use heat gun to bend up the cornes to add shape. plastic barrels are pretty big so practices practices and practice. thats my advice

CherryBomb
11-07-2006, 04:38 PM
I agree with Parrotfish 100...Celluclay sucks...It's basically like sculpting with sloppy wet mud that won't smooth out cuz it sticks to your fingers. I still have a huge bucket of this stuff left (basically it's a bucket of dust) and I refuse to use it.

fanofallac
11-07-2006, 04:54 PM
i never used celluclay i always stick with plastics and foams all you have to do is add heat and shape and there always light and the way you guy discribe is it probable sucks