PDA

View Full Version : Ouran Host Club help.

amaya_nin
11-04-2006, 02:21 AM
I have recently been hooked on Ouran Host Club anime. ^o^ its awesome, I wanted to cosplay as Haruhi ^^ but I can't find the jackets, I'm still very new to sewing and I really don't want to mess this one up at all. Any help would be helpful ^^

Costume-made
11-04-2006, 02:57 AM
Pm me some pics for ref.

Alternist
11-04-2006, 10:43 AM
30 years ago light blue suit coats were slightly more popular then they are today... because of Saturday Night Fever.

Honestly I'm suprised you haven't brought this to your parents who invariably lived through the 70's and 80's and saw people make that social mistake first hand.

You should go to a suit shop; preferably a not-so-good suit shop that may have been around 30 years ago, and ask if they have anything in sky blue.

http://manganime.animeblogger.net/wp-content/2006-05/Ouran/ep01/Host_club_ep01_01.jpg

Curucar
11-04-2006, 11:03 AM
My friends found almost identical jackets at a thrift store, a TJ Maxx, and eBay all within the same week, so I'd run around town looking for it. It's scary, but the style is coming back. o_O

Panda-chan
11-04-2006, 11:11 AM
You could check out the Ouran High School Host Club thread (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=80779) for lots of information. I know in that thread there are several different online stores that have the coat. One I think was Chadwicks and the color was French Blue.

I do agree if you didn't want to spend a lot of money you should make the rounds to all the thrift/second hand stores. I've seen many perfect sportcoats and blazers that would be perfect for an Ouran cosplay. :toothy:

Best of luck to you!

amaya_nin
11-04-2006, 02:15 PM
I looked at the thread and I don't mind paying the money for the coat, I have all the other clothes just need that, but even if I buy coat from a store, I still need the patch that is one the coat.

gravy_girl
11-12-2006, 05:40 PM
yea im addicted to it also, and i plan on going to AZ '07 as someone from that show, but im making my whole outfit. but i have seen on ebay they have the whole outfit (jacket, tie, patch, pants) for about $70, but they only have sizes M&L in mens

amaya_nin
11-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah I've looked on ebay and I looked on the new cosplay store that is on the homepage of cosplay.com but everything is in a different language and I can't figure out the sizes

JavaFox
11-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Just found this this morning...
http://community.livejournal.com/garagesalejapan/3935698.html

amaya_nin
11-13-2006, 03:32 PM
o.o Thank you! and they even have a DOD xD I want him!

gravy_girl
11-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah I've looked on ebay and I looked on the new cosplay store that is on the homepage of cosplay.com but everything is in a different language and I can't figure out the sizes
well the one i saw was on there since friday or saturday, and i think it goes off either today or tomorrow >.< but its in english i believe

amaya_nin
11-13-2006, 03:34 PM
No I mean the size charts, when I saw they had it I was like 'Yes! Now what size do I wear?....What the hell?"