PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is Sakura wearing?! (Tsubasa Reservoir Artbook image Confusion)

Foos
11-05-2006, 02:11 AM
I know I asked for it by simply choosing a CLAMP artbook image, but I can't quite figure out the back of one of Sakura's outfits from Tsubasa Rservoir Chronicles. The way the fabric lays is so strange that I can't make out how the heck it comes together. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/foosbobaganoosh/tsubasa1.jpg

Could anyone give me suggestions on how the back of the outfit comes together, or even link me to another image (any traditional asian clothing of vaguest similarity) that might give me a clue?

Rayonea
11-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Wel, I looked for some similar clothing, and I didn't find anything. 0.o CLAMP and their nonsense clothes.

But It looks to me as if there's a back capelet thing with the beads trimming it, and then the flower dangly pieces and then the skirt underneath. And I think the capelet might attach to the shirt? Like a kimono that tapers backwards? I'm not sure though. It'd work as spearate pieces too. That's just what it looks like to me. ^_^

In case that didn't make any sense I made a quick sketch and attached it. (Please excuse my very horrible drawings. XD)

hoshi-p
11-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Rayona's sketch looks like what I envisioned the back to look like, as well. :) Although, I pictured that back part that hangs down to be attached to the top blouse and held in place by a belt with that matching trim.

Foos
11-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Thanks so much, Rayonea! It totally makes sense now.

Hoshi -- That's true, also. I might incorporate that too. XD

chibi_sirenity
11-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Omg!! v.v;; i did that costume awhile ago >< i actually had to make it myself which took alot of time i will check to see if i still have some pics tso you can see v.v

kkoganei1328
11-12-2006, 07:42 PM
i believe this one came out around when they were in Chun-nyang's world. in my opinion, its loosely based off of the traditional womens korean clothing. (i dont know what they're called)

CrimsonNataku
11-13-2006, 08:44 PM
i believe this one came out around when they were in Chun-nyang's world. in my opinion, its loosely based off of the traditional womens korean clothing. (i dont know what they're called)

The traditional Korean clothing is called a hanbok. Women's clothing usually comprised of two pieces, a chogori (top) and ch'ima (skirt). I am Korean American, and my grandparents are very particular about knowing your heritage, that's why I know ^_^;. I also own a chogori and ch'ima.

CrimsonNataku
11-13-2006, 08:44 PM
EDIT: Double-post, my apologies.