PDA

View Full Version : FF 8 at AX03?

Kozispoon
03-24-2003, 06:35 PM
I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned already, but just making sure: Who's going to be cosplaying final fantasy 8 charcters? Who's doing the aeons? Who's doing the main characters? Just post who and which day. I'd love to see a group of this! ^.^

Michi
03-24-2003, 06:41 PM
Aeons? ^^; You've been playing too much FFX. ^___^;

Well, I wasn't planning on it, but I could bring out my Zell costume if needed.

Tenshi
03-24-2003, 10:24 PM
I'm doing Fuujin for the FF gathering Friday at noon.

Oshi
03-24-2003, 11:15 PM
Didn't plan on any groups, but I'm bringing my Seifer costume anyway, so if ya wanna pull me aside for it or whatever ^^;;

Tenshi
03-24-2003, 11:43 PM
Yay! Two-thirds of the Disciplinary Committee! If only a Raijin could be found. . .but I doubt that will happen ;_;.

Michi
03-24-2003, 11:46 PM
My friend's been Raijin at AX before.. I wonder if he'll wear it again. :o I last remember seeing it at like AX00 though. ^_^; He was great.

Kamui Motoaki
03-24-2003, 11:56 PM
I'm Squalling it for most of the Con. . ^_^

Michi
03-25-2003, 12:12 AM
We could really form a group with this. XD I am so jazzing on the idea of being Zell again.

Kozispoon
03-25-2003, 04:56 PM
It's a tentative desicion, but I'm thinking about putting my Leciel Kozi on the backburner (seeing that there are NO Leciel cosplayers for AX on the west coast!!) and just finish my Edea costume...

Heh heh, I would so love to have a Rinoa or Squall to molest ^.^

Michi
03-25-2003, 07:19 PM
Anyone up for gathering a full cast for a photoshoot? :D We have Squall, Fujin, Seifer, Zell, and Edea it seems.. ^___^ Not bad so far..

Kamui Motoaki
03-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Oh yea!! i forgot!! Shonen Star PM'd me sayin she had a few ppl as well!
^_^

Shonen_Star
03-25-2003, 08:38 PM
'tis true.
so far we have Squall, Rinoa, Quistis, Zell, Seifer, Fujin, Laguna, and Ward.

still no selphie or irvine though......

Oshi
03-26-2003, 02:38 AM
*points to the Seeking Cosplayers thread on the Otakon FF8 group* EVERY character except Zone, Watts, Garden Faculty, Gen. Caraway, and Dr. Odine. ^__^

But, getting a full main-character cast here would be cool ^^

Michi
03-26-2003, 02:50 AM
Haha I wanna see a Garden Faculty... I'm taking pictures of that FF8 group for sure, since Zell is taken. XP Wheeeee.

I think with Shounen_Star's group we have doubles, unless we wanna be seperate, but... FF8 is happy either way.

Shonen_Star
03-26-2003, 08:03 PM
doubles are cool.

Alaria
03-27-2003, 11:46 AM
I *hope* to have my Edea done by then, and if doubles are ok then weee :)

Reiko
03-27-2003, 02:22 PM
IF I go I'll be Rinoa for most of the time....

Kozispoon
03-27-2003, 04:02 PM
Another Edea! Yay! ^.^ I so want to take pictures with you..DOUBLE VISION! Wow, I didn't really think people still loved this game enough to cosplay it, since FFX & X-2 came out

Michi
03-27-2003, 04:24 PM
Haha I was never interested in X or X-2 cosplay.. I intend to get X-2, and if anything appeals to me then, okay. But. Yeah. FF8 forever! YAY! I'll always love it. ^_~

katnap007
03-29-2003, 08:02 PM
Shonen_star, ya forgot about Blaine cosplaying our cute lil Tonberry GF! XD

Shonen_Star
03-30-2003, 03:13 AM
heh, oh yea. that'll be so freakin' cute.
Blaine won't too thrilled though, huh.

Bell-chan
04-13-2003, 01:21 AM
I wanted to fix my Rinoa costume so I could wear it to AX this year. Last year it was a little last minute, but hopefully I can make it a lot nicer ^_^

I'm not sure about bringing her for Friday though. Debating whether I should wear Rinoa or Yuna that day @_@

DHB
04-16-2003, 05:23 PM
Shonen Star >> you said that doubles were good, right?

I might turn in as Squall then... but without the Gunblade, too hard to make for me yet (after all, during most of the cutscenes, he hasn't got his blade at all!)

Tenshi >> still doing Fuujin as planned? Great! **looks at sig** Still "waiting for the right kind of pilot to come"? :D

Tenshi
04-16-2003, 09:26 PM
Har-de-har-har ^.-. Looks like I should go back to my vague Live quote since the Savage Garden one is easy to identify :P.

But anyways. . .(back on topic) you're still doing Squall! Whee! You can pretend to steal Pandemona from me! XD

(Ugh, I've played the game WAY too much ^^;; )

DHB
04-17-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Tenshi
But anyways. . .(back on topic) you're still doing Squall! Whee! You can pretend to steal Pandemona from me! XD

(Ugh, I've played the game WAY too much ^^;; )

Yeah... **looks at the wanabee Edeas** Someone has to draw Alexander too! Anyway, right now I'm counting the days to the con... and I'm counting on all of you! Make me know the fun!

Alaria
04-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Lol! Wanabee? Kozispoon, we're going to be double trouble for this Squall, neh? ;)

Kozispoon
04-21-2003, 06:07 PM
You know it! ^.^ Hey, what are you making your Edea headress out of? I'm having a bit of trouble with it.

Alaria
04-21-2003, 06:39 PM
heheh u and me both *giggles* I'm leaving Edea till last and doing all the easier ones first, so I don't have to worry about it rt now XD I've been thinking if I could find a carvable foam, or using sintra plastic. But I haven't started experimenting yet :thumbsup:

sakura yuna
04-29-2003, 11:16 AM
Ummm...Hey Kozi! I'll be Devil Squall for most of the day...then I'll be switching over to my Tir Mcdohl costume for the rest of the day into the evening....

Kozispoon
05-26-2003, 05:12 AM
Devil Squall 0.o...wow. i can't wait to see that!

Kamui Motoaki
05-26-2003, 01:05 PM
When was the FF gathering?
Friday at 2? or noon? i'm outta the loop. . ^_^***

Tenshi
05-26-2003, 06:28 PM
Noon ^^.

(Ok, the board's telling me my message is too short. La la laaaa I've been working on Fuujin all day la la laaaaaa)

Ryuujin
05-27-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Kamui Motoaki
When was the FF gathering?
Friday at 2? or noon? i'm outta the loop. . ^_^***

Noooooooooo.....
Im so going to get stuck watching you take picture after picture and your still trying to join up with a FF8 Group?!
I guess I should bring a chair or something.....

DHB
06-09-2003, 12:28 AM
Damn! The FF Meeting takes place DURING the Mini-Masquerade! And I can't even join it... stupid!

Psychotic Jei
06-09-2003, 03:56 AM
:: peeks in :: I'm probably going to be bringing my Irvine costume with me. Even if it's in need of some minor repairs. ^-^; I have to complete the thing for Ani-Magic anyway.

Kozispoon
07-01-2003, 09:40 PM
My Edea stuffes is finished! All i have to do is stick these stupid feathers on this dress! Whats sad is that the dress was the most pain in the ass thing to dooooo! *cries* hows my Edea twin doing?

Michi
07-01-2003, 10:38 PM
I'm probably going to be dressed as Zell at AX, but not for the FF gathering.. Too much on Friday already. o_O

DarkGunner
07-01-2003, 11:23 PM
I will be cosplayin as a female version of Squall, just not for Friday since I already have Rikku planned then. I'm looking forward to seeing all the FF8 cosplayers though. XD

Psychotic Jei
07-02-2003, 12:58 AM
Yeh...costume schedule has made me decide to wear Irvine for Reg on Wed. ^^;

Shonen_Star
07-02-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Kozispoon
My Edea stuffes is finished! All i have to do is stick these stupid feathers on this dress! Whats sad is that the dress was the most pain in the ass thing to dooooo! *cries* hows my Edea twin doing?

I'm done too! Im ssoooooooo exicted! eeeeeeeee!
but I'll dress up as edea all day saturday. Ill be quistis at the meeting....(Fri, noon, for sure?) WHERE?

ZiggyB
07-02-2003, 03:22 AM
I'll have my Squall there at AX too. :)

I don't know if I'll make it to the FF gathering though. :/

Nadeshiko
07-02-2003, 05:29 PM
One of my sister princesses (she doesn't post here) is going as Rinoa. ^_^

Chanté
07-03-2003, 11:11 PM
HI everyone! I haven't formally introduced myself yet but I can answer this topic -

My boyfriend and I are going as Squall and Rinoa in teh ballroom outfits. Look for the guy who looks EXACTLY like Squall... and, uh, me. ^^;

NoLable721
07-04-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by bananaluvs
HI everyone! I haven't formally introduced myself yet but I can answer this topic -

My boyfriend and I are going as Squall and Rinoa in teh ballroom outfits. Look for the guy who looks EXACTLY like Squall... and, uh, me. ^^;

Hey i think I saw you! Wasn't your bf holding a sword he bought? If that was you two, you two looked really cute. I wish I had more flim to take a picture ^_^; oh well.

I was fujin btw, the crappy one aka short one, going around with a Selphie (she has red weapons and Irvine's black Cowboy Hat on). So yea. I saw two other fujins, and took a picture with one (I totally think it was Tenshi lol) Well yea bye!

Chanté
07-05-2003, 12:30 AM
I saw you too - I recognized you as Fuujin from the back in the exhibit hall, but you looked like you had a destination, so I didn't bug you :D!!

YUP, that was us :D Jon-- I mean, Squall really liked his sword and wanted to pose with it in the pictures. ^_^; Thank you so much!

NoLable721
07-05-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by bananaluvs
I saw you too - I recognized you as Fuujin from the back in the exhibit hall, but you looked like you had a destination, so I didn't bug you :D!!

YUP, that was us :D Jon-- I mean, Squall really liked his sword and wanted to pose with it in the pictures. ^_^; Thank you so much!

lol awesome! You and your bf, really have great outfits! You guys really looked like Squall and Rinoa. My friend "selphie" (Alexis lol) and I were at the Hilton Hotel Lobby and you got all these pictures. And i think it was sweet how you guys were hugging. Lol. Well guess i'll see you around AX then. Bye!

Kozispoon
07-08-2003, 10:39 PM
That was a great expo! *bounces* I loved that there were a good amount of people cosplaying as final fantasy 8 charcters ^_^ AND I got to talk to my Edea twin (who sadly wasn't a twin that day, but a kick-ass Quistis!) which was cool. Anybody find any pictures of that photoshoot yet?

NoLable721
07-09-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Kozispoon
That was a great expo! *bounces* I loved that there were a good amount of people cosplaying as final fantasy 8 charcters ^_^ AND I got to talk to my Edea twin (who sadly wasn't a twin that day, but a kick-ass Quistis!) which was cool. Anybody find any pictures of that photoshoot yet?

haha! So you were one of the edeas awesome! I was really suprised of to how many people cosplay as people from FF8. But there was sure a lot of FF10 and FF10-2 peeps...even though 10-2 hasn't been out in the USA yet...still fans are fans...