PDA

View Full Version : Would Video Game cosplay be out of place...?

akewataru
11-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Allright. There's a chance I might go to Comic Con San Diego, and there's no question if I'm going to cosplay because I am.

The thing is, all my costumes and cosplays are from KH2 and I don't know if that'd be out of place at Comic Con, considering what target audience Comic Con has...

I know that they have anime showings there, so going as anime characters wouldn't bother people... but dressing up as Final Fantasy and Kingdom hearts and such... would that be too weird???

Eurobeat King
11-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Allright. There's a chance I might go to Comic Con San Diego, and there's no question if I'm going to cosplay because I am.

The thing is, all my costumes and cosplays are from KH2 and I don't know if that'd be out of place at Comic Con, considering what target audience Comic Con has...

I know that they have anime showings there, so going as anime characters wouldn't bother people... but dressing up as Final Fantasy and Kingdom hearts and such... would that be too weird???

Video-game cosplay is always welcome at SDCC, since there are some booths (like Square Enix) that promote new & upcoming videogames. This year Square was showcasing FFXII, DoC, and had lots of new figures for FF & KH coming out, and they even had a statue of Sora and the Judge from FFXII. :D

Not to mention there was a pretty big Final Fantasy cosplayer gathering:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=776209

If there's one again in 2007 you should join in on the fun! ;)

Runi-Chan
11-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah, it should be perfectly in place. Final Fantasy is big anywhere.

Grey Finch
11-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Video game cosplay is very well accepted at SDCC. The past couple years I've gone as video game characters and even got some free stuff at the booths! I doubt anyone will give you grief for going as a Final Fantasy character, since it seemed this year there were more of them than Ed Elric cosplayers even.

linkluver6
11-08-2006, 08:23 PM
besides my motoko outfit

I was thinking of doing vincent valentine
chaos style from dirge
because that makeup would be SUPER fun !

akewataru
11-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks so much guys! That's great to know, and a big relief. I can't wait to Comic Con- hopefully I get to go.

Chances are if I go, I'll be decked out in Final FOrm Sora wear :D

KamiNeko371
05-31-2007, 12:37 PM
I really want to cosplay some DOA characters before the year is over, and it looks like Comic Con may be the only other convention I can attend until next year.

You guys keep mentioning that Final Fantasy is always welcome, etc etc. But would it be strange to have DOA cosplays there?

Muze
05-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Well I'm dressing up as KOF cosplayer for this year's con. DoA should be just fine too!

Now that I thinked of it, since there well be limited amount video game cosplayer (In this case, fighting game). Maybe should just put it as one gathering for all fighting game cosplayer?

Rinoa07
06-03-2007, 02:50 AM
comic con really isn't just about comics anymore. I think last year it was described as a media expo or something to that extent. Nintendo was there...and like Eurobeat King said, Square Enix was there too. So video game cosplays, movie cosplays, it's all welcome really. I've got a Dark Link cosplay planned, as a matter of fact.

starlet_flower
06-03-2007, 10:42 PM
of course it won't be outta place! i go as Final Fantasy characters every year. like Rinoa07 said, Comic Con isn't about comics anymore. any type of cosplay is welcome.

Breeface
06-07-2007, 04:50 AM
I don't think ANYTHING is out of place at SDCC as it has just about everything there. x]

Marsha Mellow
06-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Yep. Comic Con is open season for cosplayers! Though, you do get some stares from comic book elitists... but.. whatev! Have fun. C U there!!

stefaniecat
06-20-2007, 02:25 PM
You're no more out of place than Harry Potter cosplayers at an anime convention...

Besides, Kingdom Hearts is also a manga/comic book release, so you're perfectly appropriate :)