PDA

View Full Version : ALA AMV Submission???

IDrewFelix
11-08-2006, 05:34 AM
So is the AMV "department" at ALA dead or something? I emailed them several weeks ago to no response. Their forums are dead as well. :confused:

Anele
11-08-2006, 11:57 AM
I would suggest emailing the chair of the convention, and let him know of your difficulty if this is an urgent request. I have not heard anything from the AMV coordinator, even in the Staff portal of the ALA forums. Just an idea to help you out.

Gainax Boy
11-08-2006, 01:15 PM
There is an AMV Contest. You just need to get in contact with the Coordinator.

Don't know his E-mail.. but if you submit your AMV to any staff E-mail address (make sure you mention AMV contest), then one of us will be able to get it to him (or simply call him up and tell him to post his e-mail)

YamiMegumi
12-26-2006, 12:47 AM
Yes there is now a AMV Department Chair. Just contact Chaz then Chaz will give the info to him and then the AMV Chair will get to you. Or PM me as I am one of his co- coordinator and will give him your message.

Hazel Chaz
12-26-2006, 03:14 AM
We've received three so far, do you want me to go look at the pile and make sure yours is in there? I can do that...

mlarad
12-26-2006, 04:35 AM
can you check also mine is under maggifan or margarita lara please
thanks!!

Hazel Chaz
12-26-2006, 05:14 AM
can you check also mine is under maggifan or margarita lara please
thanks!!
Yep, yours is here. So is P. Long from Santa Clarita CA, and S. Baldridge of Murray UT.

crimsonGOJYO
12-26-2006, 01:05 PM
I'll be sending mine today. 8D Does it have to be POSTMARKED by the 31st, or you have to GET it by the 31st? That's my only confusion. XD

Hazel Chaz
12-26-2006, 10:22 PM
I'll be sending mine today. 8D Does it have to be POSTMARKED by the 31st, or you have to GET it by the 31st? That's my only confusion. XD
If I get it before Mikal picks them up from me, that's good enough. If you postmark it by the 31st (or even the 2nd) you should be in good shape.

chaz

Maguma
12-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Hey Chaz i have a question, are there any requirements on the judging for videos like if japanese credits are scene or a subtitle might be within the film that wasn't intentional. Will videos with any of those mentioned be taken out

crimsonGOJYO
12-26-2006, 11:39 PM
If I get it before Mikal picks them up from me, that's good enough. If you postmark it by the 31st (or even the 2nd) you should be in good shape.

chaz

I sent it today~
Should be there tomorrow. :D

YamiMegumi
12-27-2006, 01:32 AM
Well..Chaz if need to be. Please contact me..if Mikal cannot be able to pick them up. I will be seeing Mikal in the next week or so. I am on his Commitee.

So contact me if you cant with him.

Thanks.
-Rachel-

nobodies_inc
12-27-2006, 06:13 PM
i have a question you can send one person or two per group right?

on the two per group if one wins the name will appear as the name of the group or the person on the group who made it?

YamiMegumi
12-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Well If it is just you yes. You will be given the prize. If it is you and a friend or whatnot, you and them get the prize together.
Does that answer your question?

i have a question you can send one person or two per group right?

on the two per group if one wins the name will appear as the name of the group or the person on the group who made it?

call_me_canada
12-27-2006, 06:45 PM
haha sorry i'm a total noobie basically at cons and everything in dealing with them. . . and I checked the website and I've read this forum =P but still don't know where I would be e-mailing it to.
heh sorry T-T

nobodies_inc
12-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Well If it is just you yes. You will be given the prize. If it is you and a friend or whatnot, you and them get the prize together.
Does that answer your question?

yes thank you!

Maguma
12-27-2006, 08:58 PM
are there any requirements on the judging for videos like if japanese credits are scene or a subtitle might be within the film that wasn't intentional. Will videos with any of those mentioned be taken out

Can someone answer that??

YamiMegumi
12-27-2006, 10:42 PM
Maguma: No. They will not be taken out.

Maguma
12-27-2006, 11:48 PM
wonderful expect my AMV to be in soon!

1 other question. The site says that its recommended to have them in mp3g 2 huffy codec

can we submit them as WMV format with windows media player 9 video and audio codec?

YamiMegumi
12-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Can someone answer that??

wonderful expect my AMV to be in soon!

1 other question. The site says that its recommended to have them in mp3g 2 huffy codec

can we submit them as WMV format with windows media player 9 video and audio codec?

I would have to check on that. I will get back to you on that. Asap.

Maguma
12-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Thank you so much ^_^

maggifan
12-28-2006, 04:19 AM
i also have a question, i already send my amv but i didn't know what they refer to mp3g....so i just send it avi and in a dvd.....i didn't know which one was best......will that work? or do i have to send another one?

maggifan

YamiMegumi
12-28-2006, 07:31 AM
Maggi- I will get back to you on that.

Maguma
12-28-2006, 07:39 PM
... Whats the email that we send our AMVs to???

YamiMegumi
12-29-2006, 12:45 AM
For the record. I will be getting in contact with the main person for the AMVs within the next few days.

Hazel Chaz
12-29-2006, 04:49 AM
We're not really thrilled about e-mail submissions, because they'd be so huge; we prefer to get a CD-R in the mail.

But if you want to try it, try sending it to amv at animelosangeles dot org. Let me know if it bounces, willya?

Chaz

Maguma
12-29-2006, 08:47 AM
Well it didn't work unfortunately none of the email servers have more than 30 megabytes of sending space. So I'll pop it in the mail tomorrow. Is there any information needed with it besides the codec? Cus I'll be sending in a WMV.

nobodies_inc
01-07-2007, 03:23 AM
to the staff i have a question....i was wondering if i still can summit an AMV...
nobodies_inc

Hazel Chaz
01-09-2007, 03:51 AM
to the staff i have a question....i was wondering if i still can summit an AMV...
nobodies_inc
Well, there's a stack here that hasn't been picked up. If it shows up in the next day or two, I'll throw it on the pile with the rest.

We have just a handful of entries - less than a dozen - so I'd say go ahead and mail it; I'll post a note here when our coordinator's picked them up.

Chaz

crimsonGOJYO
01-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Well, there's a stack here that hasn't been picked up. If it shows up in the next day or two, I'll throw it on the pile with the rest.

We have just a handful of entries - less than a dozen - so I'd say go ahead and mail it; I'll post a note here when our coordinator's picked them up.

Chaz

I don't think it's fair to the people that managed to turn it in on time. There was a deadline.

I dunno, that's just me, and I also had a nervous breakdown because I was scared I wouldn't get it in on time. DX I also paid an extra 10 bucks to get it there next day. So, I know it's your con, I am just kinda bummed, cause if I knew I could turn it in late, I would have. D:

8D But, oh well. I wasn't trying be smiteful at all. u.u

Hazel Chaz
01-10-2007, 02:39 AM
Well, I've just received word: the pile leaves here tomorrow, heading to the coordinators. And we didn't receive any more at the box today.

EDIT: Boxed up 9 discs on Wednesday to ship to Mikal's assistant, Rachel.

Kagato
01-15-2007, 01:03 PM
I mailed my entries before the end of the year but haven't heard if they were received or if there were any problems playing them.

crimsonGOJYO
01-15-2007, 06:24 PM
I mailed my entries before the end of the year but haven't heard if they were received or if there were any problems playing them.

yeah, i'd like to know if mine was accepted or not. D: or even an idea of how they're doing this. XD

this amv contest is very vague as to what is going on. 8D

maggifan
01-15-2007, 11:47 PM

yeah i will like to know about mine too....:hafha:

maggifan
01-21-2007, 05:06 AM
can somebody please answer that?

Anele
01-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Hey guys.

I posted on the AMV section of the ALA message board to see whether or not the AMV department can get that list to you. I know it's really close to the convention now, but it's still worth a shot!

Hazel Chaz
01-22-2007, 01:59 AM
Note: only entries presented by an Anime Los Angeles member are eligible for a prize. I don't know which ones are which.

Action:
Entry1 -- Summer Song Renju + Rukia -- Paisley -- Bleach -- I've got a
dark alley -- Fallout Boy.mpg
Entry3.2 -- Natural Selection -- Mie'aga -- Saiyuki the Movie -- Seven
Nation Army -- White Stripes .avi
Entry7.1 -- Hades Bites The Dust -- LC productions -- Appleseed --
Reaching out & tie your mother down -- Queen.avi
Entry8.2 -- Before Im Dead -- Studio Hybrid -- GitS SAC -- Before I'm
Dead -- Kidneytheives.mpeg
Entry 9 -- kingdom hearts tratical trailer -- Maggifan -- Kingdom
Hearts2 -- .avi

Drama:
Entry2 -- Untitled -- Anglea -- Kingdom Hearts 1+2 -- Imaginary
--Evenescence .mpg
Entry3.1 -- Fate -- Mie'aga -- Loveless -- Love like Winter -- AFI.avi
Entry5 -- The Konoha Memory Book -- Matt -- Naruto -- Photograph .wmv
Entry6.2 -- Sword of the Father -- Anneke -- Samurai X -- Lulliby --
Enya.avi
Entry6.1 -- Anthys Death -- Anneke -- Utena -- Dirty Little secret --
Sarah Mclachlin.avi
Entry8.1 -- Be_My_Friend -- Studio Hybrid -- FF8 -- Breathe Me --
SIA.mpeg

Comedy:
Entry4 -- Luck be a Cowboy -- Seth -- Cowboy Bebop -- Luck be a Lady
-- Frank Sinatra .wmv
Entry7.1 -- Seiji's Little Secret -- LC productions -- Midori no Hibi
-- Dirty little Secret -- The All american Rejects.avi

maggifan
01-22-2007, 02:07 AM
thanks for answering

Maguma
01-22-2007, 03:05 AM
is that the order they'll be played in??? and is their an estimate at what time each category will start playing???

YamiMegumi
01-22-2007, 03:26 AM
Yes that is the way of order it will be. Also for the person that is Entry one Paisley, I need to get a hold of you about your AMV asap. Please PM me or email me at Dorfmanrachel@yahoo.com

Thanks

Kagato
01-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the update!

Anyone know the day/time of the contest?

Maguma
01-22-2007, 12:35 PM
friday, and they start seating at 7 and the show starts at 7:30

crimsonGOJYO
01-22-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm Entry One, Paisley. I sent an email and a PM, so, no need to worry about it.

Two people actually made this AMV, myself and my friend Sammy and we would like to be entered as Zoroscia & Sanjino if that is alright. :D If not, it's fine and you can just use Paisley and Sammy, but make sure you add Sammy in there as well.

YamiMegumi
01-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Scratch that, Sorry!