PDA

View Full Version : Novelty oversized zips/zippers

Nietsche
08-13-2002, 11:39 AM
Okay..where would one go around to find something like this?

I am looking for zips/zippers that have large teeth and large sip fastener that are around 30cm or over in length!
Then I would also need another one not so long around 10cm but even larger zip fastener...and silver in colour
Anyone care to guess why i need it?

Ayaka
08-13-2002, 11:47 PM
I'm wondering if you could get one from an upholstery place? I have seen large ones, for outerwear etc in normal fabric stores, but not 30 cm (I'm bad with metric and too lazy to fetch a ruler, but I doubt it). Personally I was curious about them for future Yoh costume . . . I'm not really sure, I'll ponder it further and see if I come up with anything brilliant, lol. I was thinking I'd have to model one over an existing zipper pull, in model magic or something.

Nietsche
08-15-2002, 08:40 AM
30 cm is around 12 in....
heheh..I thought this might stump even the great sages of this messageboard..I suppose it's up to myself once again!
Time to revive the great era of online searches!

Ayaka
08-15-2002, 03:00 PM
12 in? Hahah my metric skills ARE terrible. Yep, no way you're gonna find one that big. I can't think of anything you'd need a 12 in zipper pull for. oO Oh, wait, did you mean the length of the zipper itself, not the pull? You CAN get a zipper that long, but it would have a normal size zipper pull . . . yah, well, regardless, if you want a big-a zipper pull you're gonna have to fabricate it. I don't think sculpy would work, metal or plastic existing zipper + oven sounds like a bad idea. Personally I'd say try to cast it in plastic, because I think Model Magic wouldn't work too well. If there's a concern about weight and it actually unzipping the zipper because of that, you could attach your "novelty size" zipper so it hangs OVER the real zipper pull; ie, it's not functional.

oO;;; Okay. Not sure if that was helpful. lol you and your giant zippers. Anybody else gonna try?

Nietsche
08-15-2002, 06:06 PM
I know you can find zippers of that length..I was thinking of ones with quite big teeth..the ones you can find are fine tooth..Take a good look at Sora's zipper from Kingdom Hearts and you'll see what i am talking about!