PDA

View Full Version : Amano-style Kingdom Hearts Girls.

Mimiwu
11-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Well, me and my friends are planning on doing all of the Kingdom Hearts girls for a dance thing-- Amano style. We've got some basics thought out, but we're still slightly stuck. Any ideas? ]:

IDEAS SO FAR:

Kairi, (KH1) - It's too complex to explain, so. xD;

Kairi, (KH2) - We'll only do one, so I'm open for ideas for both games- no ideas for this one, though.

Selphie, (KH1) - We can't really think of anything. Maybe a yellow dress, but instead of the lines are that run up it, their a sort of cord or ribbon that go in squiggly lines. xD;

Olette (KH2) - I'm SO proud of this- I thought of it myself. xD; Make the orange shirt into a dress, and instead of the 2-D white flowers, real flowers. x3;

Namine (KH2) - We've only really thought of the shoes, that would be ribbons going up to the knee. (Think Roman/Greek styleish.)

Fuu (KH2) - NO ideas. D:

Larxene (KH2) - Yet again, no ideas. o__o;

So, there we have it. xD; If anyone can think of anything, please post! ♥

Michi
11-16-2006, 11:57 PM
Can I ask why? Kingdom Hearts was specifically Tetsuya Nomura's designs, so Yoshitaka Amano had nothing to do with these characters. Why make Amano-ized versions?

I don't want to sound rude, but if you're making original versions why not just brainstorm a little with your own ideas? You seem to have some great ones, especially from what you said for Olette and Namine right there. You're really making these just artsy versions rather than "Amano"... I think that term is a little bit overused in the cosplay community these days. ^^;

Mimiwu
11-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Can I ask why? Kingdom Hearts was specifically Tetsuya Nomura's designs, so Yoshitaka Amano had nothing to do with these characters. Why make Amano-ized versions?

I don't want to sound rude, but if you're making original versions why not just brainstorm a little with your own ideas? You seem to have some great ones, especially from what you said for Olette and Namine right there. You're really making these just artsy versions rather than "Amano"... I think that term is a little bit overused in the cosplay community these days. ^^;

Well, me and my friends are big fans of Yoshitaka Amano's work. We really didn't know what to call it- 'Original fancy Kingdom Hearts girls'? By 'Amano-ized', people know the basic idea of what we're looking for.

The Amano outfits are pretty, and I'd like to both see and make Kingdom Hearts outfits that are inspired by the art. I don't mean that we have to use the elements like flowers everywhere like Amano does, or copy what he does, but something that people could relate Amano's work too. There's really no harm in that, now is there?

Michi
11-18-2006, 07:41 PM
I never said that there was. ^^; I think you guys have some great ideas and should really try to expand upon what you had going.

Tenucha
11-18-2006, 09:29 PM
She's just saying... make it more "Your style" then "Amano style" since you are currently having more to do with the designs then Amano ever did with Kingdom Hearts