PDA

View Full Version : I need a ride~!

Kenshin Ken
03-26-2003, 01:02 PM
allo ^^; I hate to be a burden on ayone but I'll jsut be posting this up incase my finances don't pull through too well.

I need me a ride from San francisco down to Animagic. I'll be willign to take caltrain or some other form of transport nearest to ya so it'll be eaiser for whoever's willing to pick me up ^^> I won't be packign alot of luggage, I try to travel light ^_^. At the most I'll have 2 bags, and a prop or two. That is all ^^v.

P.S- to those that do wanna help, I thank you in advance ^^ I'll check this thread a little more often towards the date or if anything occurs ^^.

ChibiHiku
04-09-2003, 05:23 PM
Halo Pocky Kenshin!

^^ I live in the SJ area and I will definitely be going to Ani-magic 2003. As far as giving you a ride, I'd be more than glad to. Always reaching out a hand to my fellow cosplayers.

ALTHOUGH --- I would like to meet first because @.@ you know... I think that's a given as to why I would want to do that. So if everything is a-ok, you'll have a ride down to Ani-magic.

Kenshin Ken
04-11-2003, 12:06 PM
ahh ^_^ thanks for the offer. I agree a meeting is in order *nod* however it'll have to wait just a little longer until after the school semester here in CCSF has ended. By then I belive i can make it to however that might be of convience to ya ^^.

ChibiHiku
04-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Very much understandable! As a college student myself, I realize that it is a busy time when school is in session! ^^ In fact, I too would have to till my semester is over at SJSU. So do post when you have any further information as to when we can meet.

Eurobeat King
05-08-2003, 05:44 PM
Heya, Kenny..

Right now Animagic is a ways off for me (I have 6-7 cons to tackle before AM :thumbsup: ) but I know fersure this year I'm not going to rent a minivan like I did last year. If anything, I'll rent out a full-size car and I'll prolly be the only driver. Since I'll be bringing the RX-7 FC3S with me for Animagic, and it'll take up the ENTIRE back seat, I'll prolly have room for just one person up front. Right now I don't know who that person will be, but if you need a ride down there and back, let me know.. :) If somehow we get more people to go, I might end up just renting a mini-van, although the RX-7 will still take up an entire seat , like I'm doing for AX.. :thumbsup: I will keep you posted, and let me know if you DO end up getting a ride! ;)

Kenshin Ken
05-09-2003, 01:13 PM
mm ^_^ I'll keep that in mind Al ^_^. Although let's hope that your RX-7 can survive the enduring heat of those many trips ^^;. Sticky paint is really hard to wash off ^^;;

Thanks for the offer man ^^.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-10-2003, 03:25 PM
^i'm with Kenny here. if I do go to ani-magic, I will need a ride also. XD

videogirlc
05-10-2003, 03:28 PM
I'm also thinking about going to Animagic, but no way to get there. Eurobeat King I'd be willing to split the cost of renting a minivan with you. Let me know if you need people.

ChibiHiku
05-10-2003, 03:57 PM
Ok. So RyuhayabusaDOA2, Kenshin Ken and Videogirlc need a ride? Why don't we all get a van or something and go together? I think it would be an interesting road trip? ^^() .... What you guys think?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-10-2003, 11:47 PM
ChibiHiku: i'm down with that :D

ChibiHiku
05-11-2003, 12:16 AM
^.~ Awesome!!! Anyone else down with it?!

videogirlc
05-11-2003, 02:14 AM
I'm willing to go for it!!

ChibiHiku
05-11-2003, 02:22 PM
^^ <--- EXCITED! WA!!! We have 2 people who are down with it!!! Anyone else???

Kenshin Ken
05-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Van Ride ^^ that's how I got down there in the first place ^_^. Sure why not?

Let's make sure ya get get these things incase of the troubles we pass by there:

1 can of air freshener
1 jug of water sealed TIGHT...(incase of overheat of the engine)
a Map.. ( muuch needed ^^;; )

but mmm ^^ I'll meet up with ya first as agreed chibihiku ^^. I wouldn't wnat you feeling uncomfy on driving a stranger off the board down there ^^;.

Hand Maid May
05-16-2003, 02:54 AM
I WANT TO GO!! but i can't :sobs: none of my friends want to go agin for some reason, it was such a long drive, maybe we could join your road trip, we also live in the sf area!!!

ChibiHiku
05-17-2003, 04:58 AM
^^ Yaaah... Kenshin Ken, it wouldn't be so great to feel uncomfy on a 5 hour drive down to Lancaster.

How many people do we got going now?

Inuyahsha
05-18-2003, 12:35 AM
sf ey............cool well hehe unfortunatly im underaged hahe so well heh you cant drive with me.

Umi
05-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Aw... road trip sounds fun >.< *is not going to Ani-Magic*

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-18-2003, 06:29 PM
ChibiHiku: 4 people now I think...that also includes me and you.. lol

Usagi Mylene
05-23-2003, 11:51 PM
I was going to post to see if anyone from the Bay (i live in SF) was going to go. I found tickets on Southwest roundtrip for under 80 bucks but I wanted to share a room with someone. Care to add another person to the ride? I can't drive so I wouldn't be able to help in that dept. but I'm willing to split cost of gas, car rental, and food and almost whatever else. hell, I sleep in the van!! Of course, I need to ask for the time off. I got screwed from Anime Expo in LA by them....

Can I pretty please with sugar on top?

^.^

ChibiHiku
05-24-2003, 12:10 AM
^^ The more the merrier Usagi! ... I think we all need to schedule a meeting up time! So we can meet, chill and get to know each other. So that the trip down to SoCal won't be so... awkward..? Everyone who is WANTING to join the cRaZy trip down to Animagic, PLEASE post! So that we can get a headcount!

videogirlc
05-24-2003, 03:25 AM
So far I'm still interested in the road trip. We should set up a meeting. I'm free saturdays and fridays for a meeting.

Eurobeat King
05-24-2003, 04:24 AM
I'll have to survive the trip down to AX in July to see how taking a mini-van works while trying to transport a large costume in the back-seat.. :thumbsup: Doing that cuts down the # of passengers in the van (up to 7 people is now down to 4) and the rental fee for a van costs more than renting a full-size car, not to mention it's more comfy sitting in a f.s. car rather than being in the middle section of a mini-van.

So if Kenny, Ryu, and VGirlC don't mind splitting the costs for a mini-van, we can do this, so that the 4 of us can drive down to Animagic. (4 is the most I'm taking with me) Just be prepared to sit in the middle-section of the van (with one person shot-gun), and don't pack too much stuff in case we need to use more room in the back. I'll keep you posted, and I prolly won't reserve a car until after the summer of cons has ended, so this way after AX, SDCC, and Otakon have passed, we have plenty of time to prepare for the fall classic..

We'll talk more at Fanime.. :)

ChibiHiku
05-24-2003, 04:34 AM
Woh woh... what happen to Hiku...? T.T I'm trying to plan this thing too...

Usagi Mylene
05-24-2003, 04:54 AM
Do any of you guys know if hotels will take mail?

What if (depending on the costume) I mail all my props and stuffto save room? Just an idea? I'm free fridays after n7pm to met with people. Otherwise I'm free all day Mondays. I work six days a week. =(

Oh and any ideas on what days we will be gone for? Like I said, need to ask for the time off.

^.^

Whoa!! I didn't read the rest of the posts.... if it's only going to be 4 poeple then let me know, so I can buy airline tickets instead since they are cheap right now to souther cali. Anyone need a rommie than?

AM Chair
05-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Remember if you fly to Ani-Magic, you need to factor in costs for the airport shuttle, and $50.00 round trip from LAX

By the time the costs add up, its almost cheaper to rent a car and drive

You may want to get on our message board to let people know you need a ride as well. Most of our attendees are bay area. You get points from me for wanting to meet your ride partners in advance: can you imagine a 5 hour drive with a smelly fanboy in an old Datsun B-210????

Revell

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-24-2003, 05:56 PM
Al: The original plan was with Hiku, Me, kenny and Cheryl unless you want to go with us and discuss it with me and Hiku first.

Usagi Mylene
05-24-2003, 06:48 PM
Chibi Hiku repiled to my post about it but if it's too much, since I did ask after how many people already did, I don't mind. I'll figure something out. Like I said, If I have to, Ill fly out there. The only thing is I just don't want to be alone. it get's boring.

Whatver happens, I'll find away......

^.^

Eurobeat King
05-24-2003, 08:24 PM
Ryu: I still haven't decided what I'm going to do for Animagic, since I have sooo many cons before it. And the fact that I'm transporting the FC3S with me, I don't want to have other people pay more $$ for the van (rather than save $$ by renting a car) because of me and my costume.. :thumbsup: So what I may end up doing is rent a mid/full-size car for just me to go down there for the AM weekend. The last few years I had a little drama with the transportation which involved a mini-van (2001 was a full-size car, but I was the only driver) and I want to try and avoid that this year. (There's also a possibility I have to go to either LAX or Burbank airport to pick up a friend who's flying to Animagic, so I may stop there before going to the AVI..) I'll keep you posted, and we have time, and I'm sure we all can find a way to get to Animagic and have fun! :D

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-25-2003, 03:13 AM
Al: Oh ok. Well, if this includes ChibiHiku, then I'm all for it :D

Kenshin Ken
05-25-2003, 09:22 PM
hmm...

CHibiHiku: Aye we should meet up soemtime ^^ although I wonder...mayhpas it might be convient that we all somehow meet up at Fanime, but that is if the people that need a ride are actually going to Fanime ^^;; I'm up for meeting ya up with ya ^^ but first I think it's wise for everyone who wants to go ( and have a good chance of gettign there) to raise a hand in comfermation.... from there I guess it'll ahve to go accordingly ( meet up soemplace where we all can go to..etc).. man that was alot ^^;

Al: mm I wonder though.... how much is a Van rental? just curious ^_^. I will probably be packing no more than the size of 1.5 breifcases... costumes n all that ^^;

ChibiHiku
05-26-2003, 02:14 AM
Hai hai. I think we should get a head count asap. And maybe if everyone who wants to get a ride, if they are also going to Fanime, then that should be when we all meet up. If not, then I guess we'll have to figure out something else. Or we can still just meet up individually at Fanime.

videogirlc
05-26-2003, 04:55 AM
ChibiHiku I'll be there all 3 days at fanime see if you can find me and meet me.

ChibiHiku
05-26-2003, 02:54 PM
Ok. Maybe we can plan a short little meet up? At some place? Schedule it as Fanime draws closer?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-27-2003, 03:16 PM
yeah. a meeting place for Fanime to do the arrangements is fine by me as well. hmmm..we can do it at the hotel lobby, where those tables are next to the bar..friday evening if you guys want to do it that way.

Kenshin Ken
05-27-2003, 10:07 PM
Aye I agree to the meetup at Fanime...coruse we'll need a headcount of the next few people that are gonna show up...to actually say something... to prevent "unexpected" visitors ^^.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-27-2003, 10:59 PM
Kenny: exactly.
hmm..ok...who wants to do the meeting friday night?

ChibiHiku
05-27-2003, 11:57 PM
I'm cool with a Friday meeting at Fanime.

videogirlc
05-28-2003, 12:17 AM
Friday works.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
05-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Ok..that's 2...

Al and Kenny: you guys can make it friday night?

Kensuke
05-29-2003, 05:41 AM
Hey Al, I think I have a solution to you problem. You rent the car and transport people, and I'll drive the RX-7.

Kay? "^_^"

Eurobeat King
06-13-2003, 03:02 AM
Ryu: I'm prolly going to be busy FR night at Fanime, so if you see me, you can try to bring up the Animagic talk, but as of now I'm not going to plan for it until after i survive the summer of cons, which is Fanime, AX, SDCC, and Otakon. THEN, after August, I'll plan for Animagic, and decide on what car to take down there..

Kensuke: Thanks for the offer, but the car is pretty fragile, and since it's my responsibilty, I have to be the one to take care of it and that includes transporting it.

After the Initial E (experiment) for transporting the car in a minivan for AX, I'll let you know how it goes (like how many i can fit in a van with the FC) and if I want to do that again for Animagic. So, I'll keep you all posted after the summer.. ;)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-13-2003, 10:25 AM
Al: oh ok. I guess I'll see you at Fanime and yeah, we can talk about that all that stuff.

Kira_Yamato
06-14-2003, 04:36 AM
What's this RX-7 you guys are talking about? A large-scale R/C or something? I would assume it's Keisuke's, right?

Eurobeat King
07-09-2003, 03:36 AM
Kira: If you haven't seen the pics from Fanime & AX by now, it's referring to my Ryosuke Takahashi and his RX-7 FC3S costume that I wore at those 2 cons, and am putting it away until Animagic arrives in October. It took some slight damage during the con and on the ride-back, but I still have about 3 months to go so I can fix it. Revell asked me at AX if I was bringing the car costume to Animagic, and I said "of course!" ;)

Everyone: I decided that due to the drama that I endured at AX this past weekend (with the room and transportation) for Animagic in October that I will drive down to Animagic on my own, where I'll rent out a car big enough for me to transport the car-costume, and room by myself for that weekend. (There might be one person rooming with me, but that has yet TBD..) Hopefully everyone else will be able to find a way to get down to Animagic on their own. Sorry I can't be of any more assistance to you.. good luck, and I'll see you all in October!

Kensuke
07-09-2003, 04:22 AM
I seriously thought you owned an RX-7 dude.

Please tell me you don't drive a Honda or somethin' dorky like that? :P

- John

Medic
07-20-2003, 09:28 PM
Hmmm…. I may or may not have the room to transport anyone to he Ani-magic at this point. It still unknow if my friend is coming or not. Anyway if she not then I have room for one passanger if they pack light, My vehicle is not very big and is limited space in the back sets, ( no truck space at all) Anyway all questions about my driving should be directed to RyuHayabusaDOA2 since he went with me my last trip and remembers how I drive ( since I cant remember) ^_^;; But if anyone is interested PM me and I’ ll keep you posed

Skeptrix
07-27-2003, 06:17 PM
.. is anyone willing to pick *me* up from LAX???

i'll pay for expenses! >.<

ChibiHiku
08-02-2003, 07:48 PM
When are you arriving at LAX? Cuz me and KenshinKen are driving down Thursday afternoon most likely.

KimikoChan
08-03-2003, 01:50 AM
Skeptrix, if you happen to get to lax really early, like before 11am or so, we can take the 11am shuttle together. And as a duo, it is $50 round trip per person as a opposed to $65. >.<. Or just one way is less of course.

Otherwise, I'd love a ride too *waves* :p
Friday at 930am *sniff*