PDA

View Full Version : Help on DGray Man costume?

joshuaadude
11-24-2006, 04:16 AM
Hi, im new to this forum and I was looking up some dgray man costumes on this site. A lot of these members did a really good job! I want to make a costume for myself, hopefully by AX2007. But I have no idea how to tackle this project because I have never done cosplay before. How should I start? Can anyone point me towards a general direction or give me some tips? I want to make the costume as realistic as possible. Ive been watching the anime, and I really like the exorcist costumes from there.

Tifa Lin
11-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Whoot Whoot! Welcome to the Club! XD
I'm soo happy I made this thread...=D
You could try my thread...
D. Gray Man~Project Dark Religious Organization (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=79133&highlight=D.+Gray+Man)

joshuaadude
11-24-2006, 07:47 PM
wow, its a lot harder than i thought. maybe i can get a costumer to build one for me? hopefully it wont be outrageously expensive though.

Ludger03
11-25-2006, 12:26 AM
Making the jackets are easy really. It hard when you decided to make the pleather coats ><

joshuaadude
11-25-2006, 01:53 AM
well, how would you make it? i read on that thread that pleather isnt exactly the best material to use, according to Genesis_13. I saw on one of the links in that forum some japanese site was selling a costume for roughly 450 USD. damn! it looks nice though.

Ludger03
11-25-2006, 02:22 AM
well, how would you make it? i read on that thread that pleather isnt exactly the best material to use, according to Genesis_13. I saw on one of the links in that forum some japanese site was selling a costume for roughly 450 USD. damn! it looks nice though.

actually pleather is hard to work with. becuase there alot who used tissue paper when sewing it or trying to sew it slowly without leaving any needle marks on them. plus pleather aint cheap so im not surprised tht they cost 450$ or more.

the material i used for my brother allen and my rabi costume was the type of fabric used for jackets, and coats.its stiff. and well it works great or used cotton fabric. I also suggest looking for jacket/coat pattern and then modify it to make the jacket.
there was someone i beleived who speciliazes in making D-grayman jackets in the forum Tifa lin gave you.