PDA

View Full Version : .hack cosplay?

Someguy
11-26-2006, 12:23 AM
I didn't know what to put this under as there are .hack games, animes, and manga. But I put it here for 2 outta 3.
Anyway. Has anyone ever tried a cosplay from any series of .Hack?

I was thinking about trying Lord Ovan from .Hack/Roots ( http://dothackers.net/ovandesign.jpg ) But it looks kinda hard.. So I dunno. That whole huge arm thing..

Someguy
11-27-2006, 02:12 AM
I guess no one likes .Hack. o_o

FlowerOfThCourt
11-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Well your wrong. XD I love the .hack series! I started re-reading/playing/watching most of the series lately. I was thinking abot cosplaying from it, I just can't find who I want to be yet. I agree Ovan looks hard. The bottom of the arm made me think of a thin trashcan. Maybe something along those lines would work?

Pretty Sammy
11-27-2006, 07:24 PM
I love .hack. I'd really love to do a .hack cosplay, but my schedule is so full. If I had to pick a costume, I'd be Mistral from the original games or perhaps Atoli from .hack/GU/roots. Still haven't decided.

Someguy
11-27-2006, 11:39 PM
Well your wrong. XD I love the .hack series! I started re-reading/playing/watching most of the series lately. I was thinking abot cosplaying from it, I just can't find who I want to be yet. I agree Ovan looks hard. The bottom of the arm made me think of a thin trashcan. Maybe something along those lines would work?
Yeah. And maybe some wonderflex or something. Also, is it just me or is that gold padlock on his arm? xD

FlowerOfThCourt
11-28-2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah. And maybe some wonderflex or something. Also, is it just me or is that gold padlock on his arm? xD

Sure looks like it. I think that would be pretty easy to do with paper mache and foam though. (The carve-able seat cushion type foam though, not foamies.)

Choyobinshe
11-28-2006, 08:38 PM
wow.

Hanabishi
11-28-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm currently working on a .hack cosplay myself : ) Though it isn't necessarily from the series roots, it's from the game rebirth, and it's Haseo's job extension form, with the broadsword? I may have JUST his outfit done by Anime Central 2007, but I know it's going to take me a bit of this upcoming summer to complete his sword (since I'm getting all the gears on its sides to spin). But I'd love to see another Ovan! I saw one and it was done really well; not to mention it just spreads the .hack// love! : D

smzeldarules
11-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Ahh! I love .Hack! Well, I've only played a little of Infection...but I still love it. Since I have tanned skin I was thinking hard about a Black Rose cosplay in the future but...I really REALLY don't want to expose my skin that much XD;
Hopefully I'll get .Hack//SIGN for Christmas and get to watch more of the secrets of The World; it all seems so interesting. I've seen all of the mini .Hack//Liminality episodes which were extremely awesome x3

I know a .Hack cosplayer actually. Search for "Shiya Wind." She's amazing and one of my longest & closest online friends. She's working on a Shino costume from .Hack//GU. I asked for that for Christmas too actually... XDD;

RyeCrimsonMoon
11-28-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm a big .hack fan too :D I just finished my Kite cosplay, but I wanna redo it oe even try to make the Tri-Edge :D

Reozu
11-28-2006, 10:42 PM
I am a huge .hack fanatic!!!! I'm actually planning on going to NDK 2007 as Silabus from .hack//GU

totorolover
11-28-2006, 10:56 PM
I've cosplayed as Elk, i love .Hack! i made costumes for my sisters and my cousin, they turned out pretty well.

as for your coustume, im starting to use wonderflex for a costume right now and its not too heavy. I think it would work good for your characters arm, mabey you could put a hidden handle on the inside so you can carry it easy.

good luck!:)

haruna
11-30-2006, 01:03 AM
I'm doing Natsume(I have the wig, need to work on the metal bracelets) and I was wondering if anyone had a reference image for any of Natsume's weapons(I forget what the swords she's got in the CGs you always see her holding are...Are those the Sprial Edges?)

Soy Sauce
11-30-2006, 01:59 AM
I'm currently making good 'ol Tsukasa from .Hack//Sign. Me and my friend are making the staff currently. I hope we'll get everything done by New Years.

LadyHawke78
11-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Awww, c'mon! There are still a lot of us who love .hack!! :toothy:
Here's a picture of our .hack group from Anime Weekend Atlanta:

http://www.fansview.com/2006/awa/aw22b0004.html

(second picture down...)

Unfortunately, we couldn't bring any of our props since we flew down to the con, but Sora *does* have blades, Tsukasa has a HUGE staff, and I have a big-ass axe. I just had to leave it at home. :(

I still want to do another .hack cosplay one of these days. There are just so many cool character designs to choose from. I have been seriously thinking about cosplaying Alberio (from .hack//AI BUSTER) but I'm sure no one whould know who I was! XD No too many people have read the novels...

Temariko
11-30-2006, 10:40 AM
@_@ I feel your pain with the Ovan costume, my friend want's to cosplay him, but the steam gun on his arm is like a giant tumor right now, since we pasically used meche then we're going to cover it with Gumtape.

Meep! Expo my brother is dragging me into his group... Tri-edge(my brother), Azure Orca(Brother's best friend), and Azure Balmung(myself).

http://www.dothackers.net/guvol2_scan.jpg

I'm not too worried about Azure Balmung, it's Tri egde that makes me want to yell "How that heck will we move you around?!" @_@ a 6'2'' Tri-edge! -snicker-

>_> I think I'll end up hurting a few people on accident with Azure Balmungs 'wings'. Either that or myself... -sighs-

Oh yeah... I love .hack!(I have to! Or my brother would thwack me X_X) My brother is a .hack freak he's already waiting for the third GU game to come out in japan so he can import it.

MadMichiChan
11-30-2006, 11:34 AM
(>n_n<) I love .hack, but alas...the costumes are sooo detailed and sooo painstaking to make. T^T

xD Try not to stab anyone with those wings, Temariko.

The next costume I'm making (after Cubia) is going to be Gaspard(but skinnier xD), since I'm to broke to do him right now. xD

Someguy
11-30-2006, 04:38 PM
I like Balmung's original wings better cause they were floofeh. xD Those ones are kinda cool though. Lol. Don't poke your eye out. ><

Reozu
11-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Balmungs old wings were very fluffy, but his new wings look really cool

RyeCrimsonMoon
12-09-2006, 02:25 PM
(>n_n<) I love .hack, but alas...the costumes are sooo detailed and sooo painstaking to make. T^T

xD Try not to stab anyone with those wings, Temariko.

The next costume I'm making (after Cubia) is going to be Gaspard(but skinnier xD), since I'm to broke to do him right now. xD

A Cubia cosplay? Thats uber cool! :D But I agree with the .hack is really complicated part. XD I think they try to put as many belts on a character as possible ._.;;; One of the downfalls about the Tri-Edge cosplay :/

Raiji Magiwind
12-11-2006, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't mind trying to pull off a .Hack coplay, and was actually thonkin g of possibly doing either Balmung, Haseo or possibly Endrance. Leaning more towards Haseo or Endrance. I'm hunting for pictures at the moment to start collecting data for research to create one of them to hopefully debut at the next con I try to go to, so if anyone sees any good pics of these three, from multiple angles, I don't care what they are, as long as there relativly clear. Same goes for sites, stores and what not online (Sites that accept Paypal or money order or some form of debit card preferred at this time) that I could possibly use to purchase materials for the costume or props, such as wigs and stuff....

smzeldarules
12-11-2006, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't mind trying to pull off a .Hack coplay, and was actually thonkin g of possibly doing either Balmung, Haseo or possibly Endrance. Leaning more towards Haseo or Endrance. I'm hunting for pictures at the moment to start collecting data for research to create one of them to hopefully debut at the next con I try to go to, so if anyone sees any good pics of these three, from multiple angles, I don't care what they are, as long as there relativly clear. Same goes for sites, stores and what not online (Sites that accept Paypal or money order or some form of debit card preferred at this time) that I could possibly use to purchase materials for the costume or props, such as wigs and stuff....

I'm seeing PLENTY of images on Google. I think my friend's cosplaying as Haseo, along with his girlfriend ~Shiya Wind who will be Shino. When I get around to it, I'll ask him what he's gonna do for it :D

Parrotfish100
12-12-2006, 12:01 AM
I was Kite from the first game series. I think the pics in my gallery.

hobbit_marco
12-12-2006, 04:04 AM
.hack is super! .hack//sign was one of the first anime I saw and I really captivated by it. I love it.

I cosplayed as Tsukasa. And I will be crossplaying as Shino in the future, together with friends who will go as Ovan, Haseo and Elk.

Picture of my Tsukasa cosplay (http://www.cosplayidol.com/lab/31663-144546.jpg)

Berzerker_prime
12-13-2006, 12:33 AM
Wow, lots of Tsukasas out there for me to play mind-games with!

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=688271

^_^

Berz.

ZakuKitty
12-13-2006, 01:45 AM
I did Sora from .hack//SIGN. Here is a more recent pic. =D From AnimeFEST 2006

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/ZakuKitty/animefest06_066.jpg

I have since begun revamping the blades for the costume. I am not sure when I will do this once again but I will eventually. I plan on doing a costume from .hack//GU and it will definitely take me a while to do.

Sonsko-chan
12-13-2006, 03:32 AM
Whoo! Love for .hack. Freakin` Mireille and her freakin`crazy outfit. ><;;

smzeldarules
12-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Whoo! Love for .hack. Freakin` Mireille and her freakin`crazy outfit. ><;;

aww i love her!!! she's so ADORABLEEE x3

Maguma
12-13-2006, 06:00 PM
@_@ I feel your pain with the Ovan costume, my friend want's to cosplay him, but the steam gun on his arm is like a giant tumor right now, since we pasically used meche then we're going to cover it with Gumtape.

Meep! Expo my brother is dragging me into his group... Tri-edge(my brother), Azure Orca(Brother's best friend), and Azure Balmung(myself).

http://www.dothackers.net/guvol2_scan.jpg

I'm not too worried about Azure Balmung, it's Tri egde that makes me want to yell "How that heck will we move you around?!" @_@ a 6'2'' Tri-edge! -snicker-

>_> I think I'll end up hurting a few people on accident with Azure Balmungs 'wings'. Either that or myself... -sighs-

Oh yeah... I love .hack!(I have to! Or my brother would thwack me X_X) My brother is a .hack freak he's already waiting for the third GU game to come out in japan so he can import it.

What con are you attending for that costume??