PDA

View Full Version : December: Cosplay Christmas Dinner

Lumasnati
11-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Alright ya'll. Here it is.

What: A Cosplay get together and dinner. ^--^

When: December 16th, 5:30 pm

Where: Fair Oaks Mall: CheeseCake Factory

Why: Present Swap and a dinner in costume. Kie?

Alright. Here's the skinny on this. Everyone who plans on going, I need a name, contact number [Send me the number Via PM] and costume. This way, I can call ahead in a week or so and reserve a space for us all.

Know: The Cheesecake Factory is a little Pricy. But two people can EASILY feed off of one plate. I suggest bringing at least 20 with you. Present range is set at NO HIGHER than 30. That is to make sure that those who still need to do Christmas shopping [-coughmecough-] still have enough to go do that.

The party wasn't do-able since it's a space problem we're facing. Ah well. We'll have a spring picnic party. Promise. -wink- And I'll get more than one collaborator for it.

And if anyone there asks...

We're from a play. >3

If you have any questions, leave them here. I'll be checking the forums often. Promise.

1. DLGR: Xaldin [Cancelled.]
2. MakotoHanabi: Love Hina
3. AkuseruRokusesu: Axel
4. NobodyNumber 13: Roxas
5. Ichigogami: Miyaki? [I think that's it. Some cute girl from Angelic Layer]
6. Nobody's Friend: Roxas
7. BluehenTrooper: Riza Hawkeye
8. Samt03: Sora
9. Cryssa: Riku

now for the Secret Santa part. I will be sending out PMs to those who have told me they are coming to give them a name of who to get a present for, kie? ^___^

Acuzio
11-28-2006, 02:39 AM
hmmsorta intersting >.> *is from kentucky sadly and hates it * wonder how far a drive that would be for me

makotohanabi
11-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Fair Oaks has a Cheesecake Factory? I need to get out more.

When you make the reservation ask about their policy on seating large groups.

Lumasnati
11-28-2006, 07:38 PM
And costumes. XDD

If they don't have one. Then there is one in Tysons. XD

teoka
12-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Ah, so many fun things on the 16th, including my school's winter dance...T~T;;

Depending on the time, I may or may not go ^_^

TwistedFates
12-03-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm in the same pickle as teoka, except it's a tennis tournament. Depending on the time (and my matches), I may/may not come.

(If I do, I shall be dragging along several people)

Lumasnati
12-04-2006, 11:19 AM
I need to have a confirmation by the 10th.

makotohanabi
12-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Any idea what time it will be?

According to the cheesecake factory website there is one at Fair Oaks near Lord & Taylors.

Lumasnati
12-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Yes yes. How does... 5:30 sound?

That gives me time to get off work, get up there and reserve a place for us to eat and wait around. PLUS, we can walk around the mall and have fun and stuff, taking pictures. >3

makotohanabi
12-06-2006, 08:28 PM
5:30 sounds good. *nods*

Bluehentrooper
12-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Oooh...this sounds like it could be fun (provided enough people can come).

LaPetiteSalope
12-07-2006, 12:17 AM
hahha I'd be more than happy to hang out with you guys!

can we make this formal cosplay? lolol it'll be cute!

Lumasnati
12-07-2006, 06:04 AM
^^;; I'd do formal cosplay, but my costume isn't finished and I'd feel silly going in such a heavy coat. XD

Do you think you last two can attend? I need more people and this'll turn into a photo op afterwards! <33

Bluehentrooper
12-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can make it. I need to make sure my mom will let my take a break from helping her prepare for her holiday party the next day, though. I'll get back to you as soon as I ask her.

By the way, what is "formal cosplay," exactly?

Lumasnati
12-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Good question. XDD I have no idea.

I was going to wear half of my Sora costume with like a nice pair of pants and That was about it. XDD

Ichigogami
12-07-2006, 03:06 PM
I'm going to be dressed in full Misaki Suzuhara School Outfit from Angelic Layer... except the socks, or I might wear the improv socks I bought.. the boots I will hopefully finish if I get some vinyl soon... y.y**
If I don't finish her I'll probably costume Milli Thompson from Trigun

I believe Formal Costume means you can wear your costume half way or most of the way or just the shirt with jeans or the wig or something, but I might wear my whole one seeing as how it will be her 1st run through though and I want to test her durability before the Anime FX Activity the weekend after...

I will be doing alot of work on Misaki this weekend to have her prepared for next weekend... It's getting close.. WEE!!!

Lumasnati
12-07-2006, 05:24 PM
OKAY.

Here's how the Present distribution goes... I am going to pair everyone up with someone since we NOW have an equal number of people.

Bluehentrooper
12-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Weee...Secret Santaness ^_^

Lumasnati
12-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Does this mean you're coming, Bluehentrooper?

makotohanabi
12-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Yay secretness!!

Probably cosplaying Motoko from Love Hina, but I might go as Soubi depends on other things.

Bluehentrooper
12-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah, go ahead and count me in--although that screws up your equal numbers, doesn't it?

Lumasnati
12-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Umm. Yeah. But I'll get you something too. <3

Alright. Everyone please make sure to read the front page.

Bluehentrooper
12-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Wow...except for MakotoHanabi and myself, this is looking like a Kingdom Hearts dinner more than a general cosplay dinner. Oh well... XD

Lumasnati
12-09-2006, 06:03 PM
^^;; Not my fault! XDD

Ichigogami
12-09-2006, 11:09 PM
To finally establish the character I'm going as, cause Ren-chan is a little confuzzled!! ^_^ *much love to axel-chan* I am going as either Misaki Suzuhara from Angelic Layer, or Milli Thompson from Trigun.
(Milli is if Misaki falls through, or I might just wear my Milli Jacket cause....Short short skirt plus winter chill... let's just say...not fun...

Bluehentrooper
12-11-2006, 04:52 AM
Well, if you do come as Milli, at least she and Hawkeye can exchange gun stories. :toothy:

Lumasnati
12-11-2006, 06:42 AM
Oh god. Wouldn't that be a sight. I'll have to behave all of dinner because Roxas will be sitting next to me and Xaldin won't hear any of that. XDD I can see it now.

Axel: Roxas... >3 We should.. -gets poked by Xaldin-
Xaldin: Axel. Stop talking to the traitor...
Roxas: -.-' Up yours, Xaldin...

Millie: See. I carry this big one..
Riza: I have these two. What calibur do you use?
Makoto: I'm the only sane one here, aren't I?

Bluehentrooper
12-11-2006, 08:01 AM
Oh yes, it is going to be quite insane. I almost feel sorry for the "ordinary" people who will be in the restaurant with us...almost.

Lumasnati
12-11-2006, 12:43 PM
This'll be so fun. >3

makotohanabi
12-11-2006, 06:29 PM
While everyone is talking I'll be running around chasing the one unlucky guy dressed in a white shirt and black pants.

This is going to be so much fun.

Lumasnati
12-12-2006, 06:36 AM
Now now, Shu. Play nice. XDD Maybe you should come as Shu instead, Makoto. >3

makotohanabi
12-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Was thinking about cosplaying Schu instead, depends on if I feel like dealing with a wig. Farfie has to work late, she can't make it.

Ichigogami
12-14-2006, 05:28 PM
All i have to do is hem the skirt and add the hook and eye to the back... EEEEEEEEEKKK!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALLLL!!!!! *takes a deep breath* okay I can go one more day till it's time for the dinner....I guess.. if I really have to...

Ichigogami
12-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Oh and Bluehentrooper, I am a LARPer so I've played Milli multiple years, and my very first year as her she ended up drunk and having to fight giant ape monsters....

MissDragonblade
12-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Oh and Bluehentrooper, I am a LARPer so I've played Milli multiple years, and my very first year as her she ended up drunk and having to fight giant ape monsters....

LARP POWERS ACTIVATE <3

Oh yeah, I'd also like to come, even though, it's like, only a few days away. =D maybe I'd grab kagome-chann and we'll carpool or something. Either way, I'd really like to come, even though I'm super-special-awesomely late <3

makotohanabi
12-15-2006, 06:28 PM
One more day!!! See everyone tomorrow!

Lumasnati
12-15-2006, 07:04 PM
I'm excited about this! I will see you all tomorrow! <333

Bluehentrooper
12-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Hello all (if anyone is still checking this thread),
I just wanted to thank everyone for a wonderful time, and apologize for my apparent bitchiness. I don't function well without 9 or 10 hours of sleep per night, and as I mentioned I was running on two nights worth of insufficient sleep. Anyway, when you guys get around to editing the photos, I'd like to see them if you don't mind.

Ichigogami
12-18-2006, 01:07 PM
It was alot of fun... and apparently my cheesecake was a lot of calories... 2000 cals for a friggin cheesecake slice? WOW!! That's all I gotta say.. It was good though...I'll have to get walmart or someplace to develop my film and then i'll try to edit them with my program and post them

Lumasnati
12-18-2006, 02:34 PM
I want to say...

Thank you all so much for coming out! It was a wonderful evening and I am SO glad everyone came!! ^_________^ You guys are awesome. Thanks again for such a great time.

I will put the pictures up on Photobucket once I find the time: AKA Friday

makotohanabi
12-18-2006, 07:56 PM
It was so much fun, just glad everyone could make it. Thanks again, Axel chan for organizing it.

2,000 calories in *one* slice of cheesecake?

Ichigogami
12-19-2006, 11:48 AM
It was so much fun, just glad everyone could make it. Thanks again, Axel chan for organizing it.

2,000 calories in *one* slice of cheesecake?

Yep that's what the waitress told me, I'm glad i only ate little bits of it.... and shared it with you all and then my sister when i got home... man it was insane!:schitzo:

Ataru Moroboshi
12-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Sorry I couldn't make this one. Maybe the next one.