PDA

View Full Version : Bleach - Making a "chainholder" for a scabbard

Kuro Fuugetsu
11-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Bleach (Manga related question)

Alright, lets see if you guys can help me out. I have a slight problem with the manga version of Kaname Tousen's jacket. It has a chain that protrudes from it that holds the scabbard in place...my question is how would I go about making one and putting it in? I'm assuming you'd have to place something on the scabbard to keep it in place, but I'm going to let you guys help me first. Just like Bleach....:hafha: ...change up something subtle in an outfit after 30 chapters..

Nicepants
11-30-2006, 12:45 AM
You might mention it's his new outfit (as many don't know)

the problem is... I'm not entirely sure that's even used for a scabbard. We haven't seen Tousen use a scabbard for awhile now, have we?

And the chain is ONLY in that one piece of art.

You might have to just wait until there's a clearer pic.

Kuro Fuugetsu
11-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Well, I suppose. The picture that has it featured was the official color rendering and everything which is why I mostly believed that it's a permanent part of his design. The Hueco Mundo outfits change too often, lolz. And yeah, we have seen him use a scabbard afer the defection. It was when he went to Karakura to retrieve Grimmjaw and when he sliced his arm off.

Anyway, here's the pic. Even if it's not permanent, I still desire to have it there. But be warned, spoiler for non-manga readers!http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/kurofuugetsu/M7-Bleach-Ch247-04-05.png

Mesoian
11-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Heh, I'm doing the same costume right now.

What I'm planning to do is use rivets to place the two setting pieces in, then use as short a chain as possible. The Handguard on the sword should hold it in place, but the key seems to be keeping it tight. As long as there's pressure upon the scabbard, the chain and your hip, it should stay in place.