PDA

View Full Version : Who should I cosplay from DBZ?

Animated Fool
11-30-2006, 03:26 PM
I used to be a huge DB, DBZ, DBGT fan and have seen almost every episode, to celebrate this awesome series I'd like to cosplay someone from DBZ.

I was thinking that I should cosplay Kid Buu (cause it's creative and not oftenly cosplay (i don't think it is cosplayed a lot at least))

Give me some ideas (refer to my avatar to know what I look like)

I wasn't sure where to post this thread so I hope I put it in the right place!

Someguy
11-30-2006, 03:32 PM
Be piccolo. I wanna see you paint yourself green. xD
Really though. I dunno. I never watch it. Whatever you choose though make sure you bring a tape with sounds of constapation on it. You know, UHHH UGHH NUUUURRR FHJTUR!!! The costume wouldn't be complete without them.

CapsuleCorp
11-30-2006, 09:38 PM
I don't think Kid Buu is necessarily fast and easy. Not if you want to make it look good. It would require some fun with makeup, prosthetics, and maybe some crafting of a muscle shirt type of thing.

There are a ton of characters. Go with who you love. Or who you love second. I love Piccolo but I can't pass for his size and bulk, so I did teen Dende instead. As a small example.

mirrorsaber
11-30-2006, 10:14 PM
I suggest something easy, like Videl or Pan, for begginers. My Yamcha outfit is more of a begginer advanced. The only problem you might have with it if you do Yamcha is finding the boots, the plushie, and styling the hair.

Rip Van Winkle
11-30-2006, 10:48 PM
I dunno why, but your face reminds me of Android 18. Her costume is really easy too and the wig wouldn't require any styling at all, if not just cutting it shorter. If you'd rather keep your own hair, go for Android 17 then.

Tolemii
11-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Kid buu would be cool. I would like to see that.

Tenucha
12-01-2006, 12:33 AM
Hey! a cute girl who's wanting to look into a DBZ

I'm planning a Yamcha cosplay myself :)
Ity's more a custom design... his yellow suit (towards the end of Z) with the Happiness/Music kanji (original Dragonball desert bandit) on the back of the jacket. I'd have my hair up and spiky as it was during Cell Games (and his default look in the games). I have 2 different Puar and 1 ealistic looking glass 3-Star Dragonball

As for you...
Kid Buu would be cool and it be interesting to see how you work his limited clothing into a safe female cosplay.
I'd also go with 18 or Videl baised only on your profile pic there.
Or maybe the pirate girl from Bojack's group!

I'd say Bulma but changes are slim you're around my area for when I'm Yamcha ;)

Mesoian
12-01-2006, 01:23 AM
Launch

Usachan
12-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Have you ever thought about going as Bulma perhaps? It would be nice to
see a female DBZ or any DB for that matter at a con, wish you all the best!

linkluver6
12-02-2006, 09:13 PM
goku is the best!
but u wanna do some one who isn't done as much...

FRIEZA! that would be so tight

but if u wanna go easy do an android:rockon:

or chi chi or bulma
I never really see any of the women done

u could even carry a baby doll for Bulma is u wanted baby trunks
heh heh

kamehameha!

Bulma
12-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Seeing your avatar image, I think about #18. Videl and Pan are another options, and also Bra (Bura), the daughter of Bulma & Vegeta.

Kid Boo is a really interesting idea. I have seen him cosplayed in my country, but not very well.

Anyways, there's a LOT of characters from Dragon Ball series. I suggest the same CapsuleCorp said: choose a character you love/feel related with.

Dragon Ball cosplay is always fun:toothy: Good luck!

Bulma
12-02-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm sorry, double post

(if someone could delete this one, please do it)

Ani_Taku
12-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Be Tapion from the DBZ movie "Wrath of the Dragon". As far as I know, he has never been cosplayed before, and you would be the first. :rockon:

Juunanagou
12-05-2006, 08:29 PM
part of me says "go # 18", but I haven't seen a good Lunch outside of japan yet... that be pretty badass... Zangya, the space pirate, but the painting required would be discouraging to most...

Bulma
12-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Be Tapion from the DBZ movie "Wrath of the Dragon". As far as I know, he has never been cosplayed before, and you would be the first. :rockon:
In my country, years ago a guy cosplayed as Tapion, but he look nothing like him :/

Ani_Taku
12-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Haha. XD Well, we could definitely use some Tapion cosplayers in North America :)

Glay
12-08-2006, 04:46 PM
#18 jumped out at me as well from your user pic XD Must be the look =D Anyway, whoever you love or think you'd be comfortable cosplaying is what you should go for! Sometimes people may say you look like one character, but if you make a great costume for the one you want, it'll end up awesome.

All I suggest is that DBZ's hard points are the hair/make-up and shoes. The actual outfits aren't all that hard to make. It's the wig (like Goku) or the prosthetics (like Kid Buu) and their strange footwear that pose the biggest problems.

Anyway, good luck!

Tenucha
12-08-2006, 06:03 PM
haha so true, Glay.
The hair on all the characters are pretty over the top.

I still would go with 18 baised on your profile pic.
The pirate girl from Bojack's movie would be awesome as well as Launch.

But I agree with Glay in that you should do a cosplay that you would enjoy becasue you would probably put a lot more into it as it's what is inspiring you

QuantumDestiny
12-08-2006, 06:50 PM
OH KID BUU! How would you cover your nose? Maybe a mask or something... that'd be awesome. From your photo I automatically think #18, because you have the perfect forehead for it and it's a pretty easy. But I'd be more excited if you cosplayed someone rare, like kid Buu. Hehehehe DBZ 4-ever!!

Tenucha
12-08-2006, 06:56 PM
lol that WAS a very Trunks thing to say XD

CapsuleCorp
12-08-2006, 08:56 PM
18, Bulma, Videl, 18 18 18 18 Bulma 18...

She doesn't have to be one of the girl characters just because she's a girl.

PICK YOUR FAVE. That's all there is to it. Look at the show, go "omg it would be sooooo cool to be (blank)," and then decide if the costume is in your skill range. If it is, go for it. If not...hold off till you have the skills or pester someone who does to help you out.

It's that simple.

I totally wanted to do Tapion the minute I saw him. *drool* Maybe someday.

skydragon119
05-03-2009, 02:04 AM
I think i am not the frist to do dis cosplay
but i am doing teen gohan

SonGoku06
05-04-2009, 09:12 PM
android 17 or super android 17