PDA

View Full Version : Hunk no Jutsu - male (esentially AU) versions of originally female chara...

Arc_The_Lad
11-30-2006, 08:01 PM
OK, if you saw what I said in the pet peeves thread, we got on the topic of "Sexy no Jutsu". Where girls make a female version of a male character.

Well, whats the opposite? Why its male version of female characters! No its not simply putting on the original costume, this is different from Sailor Bubba.

The opposite of Sexy no Jutsu is Ugly no Jutsu, and that doesn't sound good. I also heard Hunk no Jutsu, which works just fine.

Now the question is: Who here would do it, and what ideas do you have.

I had an idea for Heather from Silent Hill 3. Instead of a skirt, its shorts of the same color that go past the knee. Plus I would have an orange T-shirt instead of a sleeveless.

Its simple, but its a start.

GO!

tsuoi_kaze
11-30-2006, 08:08 PM
because it's a jutsu I'm gonna start with naruto.
I would die laughing if I saw a manly version of hinata. Not the crossplays where guys try to be cute. I wanna see a big, burly, trucker hinata! XD

I'd literally ROFL.

Sandwich_Sp1rit
11-30-2006, 08:26 PM
haha that sounds like it would loook sooo hilariously awesome! hahaha XDD i really need to see that =] where the MAN-sakuras??? LOL..buh u noe i asked about this in another thread i made buh people thought i meant crossplay...which i dont...do i? hmmm am i counfusing myself? yeah i prolly am XD

Meganekko
11-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Yay, Im glad someone finaly brought this up, I would be glad to play man-sakura...despite the fact that I am not a man....so then it woud be man-sakura-..girl...thing XD

Karisu-sama
11-30-2006, 08:35 PM
No, Sandwich_Spirit, I don't believe this is about crossplay. ^^ Just like femme-versions of originally male characters aren't crossplay either. ^^

(unless, say, a guy is wearing a femme-version costume, or vice-versa, like Meganekko seems to be talking about... :p)

Issu
11-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Hah! We had a discussion about this on another thread where I thought the author was suggesting the idea (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=1606452#post1606452)~ I even ended up doing a sketch based off our discussion xDD

I think it's an amazing idea, personally~
I'm not much for Naruto, but I'd totally do it myself too if I had time.

Edit: Guess it wasn't the same as sandwich_spirit's thread

Angathol
11-30-2006, 08:57 PM
I appreciate this topic more because I brought it up. :)

Seriously, if girls can make female versions of male characters, either good (creative, well-made versions) or not-so-good (they just got lazy), guys should be able to do it, too. I have seen enough female Vashes, miniskirt Eds, miniskirt Roys and Sexy no Jutsu insert-male-Naruto-character-here concept cosplays to create a large, albeit useless, army.

I am rooting for you, dude. :D

Arc_The_Lad
11-30-2006, 10:22 PM
What we need to do, is manly up the worst of them. FF X-2 comes to mind. We need artist! STAT.

Yunri-Chan
11-30-2006, 11:06 PM
I've heard of it being done. And I've seen a lot of art of male SnJ's or just male versions of some characters...

And speaking of FFX. [click (http://gallery.aethereality.net/download.php?id=8235)] It's not exactly a male version, but it's a start...

Issu
12-01-2006, 01:28 AM
We need artist! STAT.
Oo, I only did Temari, Sakura, and Hinata... Though if what Yunari said is true, you shouldn't have a problem finding them. It's only a matter of the same hairstyle on a guy, slight changes for ones that are too feminine to be a little more masculine.

MuffinMan
12-01-2006, 03:40 AM
I'm actually working on one of these conversions for ALA coming up this january =D

Tabby Catty
12-01-2006, 08:48 AM
I would totally die if I saw a TenTen Hunk no Jutsu! I love that idea!

Arc_The_Lad
12-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Well, I know I'm quite happy about this, but I have no creativity at all. I can't think of ideas. I could try.

You wonder why I've only made 2 costumes over the last few years....

Meganekko
12-01-2006, 08:10 PM
I actualy started thinking about this over the summer, and I got as far as ino...and then i sorta quit...heh..*starts invisoning plans for HnJ sakura*

KillaBeeSwarm
12-01-2006, 08:41 PM
So, are we talking about taking a female character and changing the skirt to shorts, changing the sleeves to show off the biceps, things like that? Sort of like Sakura meets the Brawny Man?

Meganekko
12-01-2006, 09:00 PM
XD lumberjack sakura! that just totally made me crack up.

basicly I think so, but then again we do have to have those skinny emo is guys as well.:toothy:

Arc_The_Lad
12-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Not really making them look macho, but jst changing the clothing style to a more male looking one.

Skirts and dresses become shorts and pants respectivly. Bustiers turn into open button up shirts. That sort of thing.

Just try to have fun, put your ideas out, and we will give our input.

Cat-Chans
12-02-2006, 01:49 AM
At A-kon 18 there will be a group of Bleach Gothic Lolita and Gothic Aristocrats

Girls are doing loli versions of male characters and boys are doing Aristocrat versons of female charaters...

So, I'm all for the idea. I mean, If I can do girl versions of guy characters guys should be able to do the same thing.

Arc_The_Lad
12-02-2006, 11:44 PM
I'm starting to get ideas for a REAL man-Faye.

Let me just work out the details...

theleaningelm
12-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Arc the Lad, you have just COMPLETELY made my day. :D Post pics when you're done--I would definitely LOVE to see it~.

FFX-2 sounds a like a good victim, err I mean, uh, candidate for Hunk no Jutsu. Although I'd be jealous of any guy that has a wardrobe like that. XD

ArsenalFierce13
12-04-2006, 07:23 AM
Somewhere in the galleries here is a well-done Man Lulu. I was trying to show a friend of mine recently but unfortunately can't seem to find the images again. He turned the belt skirt into leather pants with belts criss-crossing them, and the furry boobs became a shirt with a fur collar, from what I remember.

Sarah_Chan16
12-05-2006, 10:46 AM
OMG somebody did that with sakura at animeiowa he looked so cool! I would prefur a male sakura!!!

Arc_The_Lad
12-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Well, upon thinking about it, my ideas for Faye are somewhat similar to another design I've seen. The top would be a open vest, yellow of course. Instead of that... thong thing, its suspenders. Shorts that go to the knees, yellow ones. instead of a hairband, its a headband. Not sure on the shoes...

Here is a pic of a Ragnarok Online Whitemith, his vest and suspenders are what I was thinking about, except no fur on the vest.

Clicky. (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Arc_the_Lad500/whitesmiths.jpg)

KillaBeeSwarm
12-06-2006, 12:31 PM
I follow what you're saying Arc_The_Lad. There are men's boots with big heels (Stacy Adams, Nunn Bush, Kenneth Cole), so Faye Valentine's high heels become that style boot. I don't know if they come in white though, so maybe you'd have to make them.

I've figured out most of HnJ Temari from Naruto, but need some help on some details :) For the Chunin Exam the white long sleeve mid thigh dress becomes a long sleeve shirt and knee length shorts. Guys wear fishnet in Naruto, so I guess that would stay :D For the Sasuke retrieval the purple long sleeve blouse and dark blue skirt become a purple shirt and dark blue shorts. I think the blouse has a low neck line, so for HnJ I'd wear a button up shirt and leave the top buttons open or wear a men's v-neck. Very hunky.

Now we have the unresolved details. In the Sasuke retrieval, she has a grayish corset thing. Looks almost like an apron, but I think it's actually a corset since it has the burgundy criss-cross strings on the back to make it tighter. My thought was to change that into an armor vest with burgundy snap buttons on the back. Not 100% sure though. For both costumes she has a burgundy sash around the waist. How does that get manned up? Does it need to be manned up? And finally there is the hair, a blond four short pony tail deal.

The way I see it, SnJ and HnJ works because even though you convert the clothes between male and female, you keep the primary traits like Naruto's blond hair, fox whisker marks and LOUD orange clothes. For Temari, her traits are the big iron fan, her blond hair with the four pony tails and the sash.

theleaningelm
12-06-2006, 12:48 PM
I've seen man-corsets before, so I guess HnJ Temari could keep them? You could maybe also change it into that thing Zolo wears (http://kaiuaroura.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/zolo.jpg)--just a suggestion.

I think the armor vest would be more accurate, as per the scans (http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/theleaningelm/naruto_ch212_p18-19.png) I have, but then we lose the hunky chest. :/

SalemDaykor
12-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Ill do it! ^^ lol, I am going to make a man version of Hinata. And since I am kinda big (Not fat, just big, even though it would be great to be burly trucker size, *Day Dreams...* >.< ANYWAYS!!) I am working on a costume right now, but ill start on it ASAP.

JiggyJigen
12-08-2006, 07:51 AM
Being a girly-looking little boy here myself, I would do it. I already have a male version of Raven from Teen titans (instead of leggings I wear black pleather tight pants). There are female characters I would make male versions of to cosplay, since I refuse to wear a short skirt or most dresses or related things lol.

YuffieK
12-12-2006, 03:03 PM
lol! This thread is great XD

I've been trying to convince my friend for ages to do a HnJ version of a female Naruto character to go with me and my other friend's SnJ costumes.. He really doesn't want to.. but I don't know why, we're not gonna make him wear the girl's costume xD

vampirate
12-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Oh, when we were first thinking up the group I was in of male Batman villians as females we thought about how funny it would be the other way around. That is if someone made manly versions of Catwoman, Harley Quinn, and Poison Ivy.

JiggyJigen
12-13-2006, 07:32 AM
I am working on a manly version of Harley Quinn ^^..but it won't be done any time soon...most of my cosplays are on the back burner right now TT

vampirate
12-13-2006, 09:53 AM
I am working on a manly version of Harley Quinn ^^..but it won't be done any time soon...most of my cosplays are on the back burner right now TT
Oh my, I must see how that turns out whenever you finish!