PDA

View Full Version : Anime Vegas 2007

Pages : [1] 2

Natchan
12-01-2006, 10:46 AM
I know this is way early but, Anime Vegas Convention 2007 has announced dates for the Labor Day weekend at the Cashman Center! September 1-3, 2007!

So I figured if they've announced their dates then I could make a Thread and let it build for MONTHS!

So who knows if their going are not? And if you are, do you know what cosplays you'll be doing already?

I will be there! And I will be cosplaying in my Knight Integra from The OVA volume 1!

Excalibir25
12-01-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm going again as well. I plan on doing Archer from Fate/Stay Night, but will be in my Pre-Bankai Ichigo again. still undecided tho on a couple other i want to do.. we will see when the time comes =).

nakamura_kun
12-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Me and a group of friends are going as Malice Mizer, Mana, Yu~ki, Kozi, and Klaha when there in there Kioku to Sora outfits.

Natchan
12-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Cool, its sooo nice to see that I'm not the only freak planning that ahead of time!

nakamura_kun
12-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Ya I know what you mean. My friends think I'm werid for trying to figure out how much the costumes are going to cost us, and how to make them. I'm basicly making them all, there just going to sit there and look dumb.

Natchan
12-06-2006, 10:47 PM
No thats just what well prepared cosplayers do! *two thumbs up*

Hellsing Agent
12-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Natchan - Thanks for putting up the thread! :bigtu: Will contemplate putting A.V. '07 on our list of cons next year.

Planning ahead a good thing... gives me opportunities to get more ideas & accent pieces. Just gotta get better about starting direct sewing so not cramming at the last minute!

Natchan
12-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Hellsing Agent- Your Welcome! I've been aching to start this one!

Fighterspledge
12-11-2006, 08:43 AM
The last day is on my birthday haha. I'll be there, I'll be back from the Middle East and itching to build my photo portfolio.

Hellsing Agent
12-17-2006, 12:48 AM
I'm afraid Danny & I have decided to plan on going to Worldcon in Japan in 2007, and.... you guessed it.... that's on Labor Day. Perhaps before then I'll have time to make & offer the A.V. Con folks a quilt for auction to raise money and fun for attendees.

Natchan
12-18-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm afraid Danny & I have decided to plan on going to Worldcon in Japan in 2007, and.... you guessed it.... that's on Labor Day. Perhaps before then I'll have time to make & offer the A.V. Con folks a quilt for auction to raise money and fun for attendees.

*Jaw Drops* ...going to a con in Japan... thats a good reason to miss AV next year. Christycard and I are going to Japan with a tour group in may 2008, and I'll proabably be missing a whole load of cons because of it! HAVE FUN, and take TONS of pics!

Hellsing Agent
12-30-2006, 12:39 AM
Any new info. in the air re: how to help support the con?

Tejina
12-30-2006, 06:49 PM
My sister, a friend, and I went last year and we started to plan for AV 2007 on our trip home from the con. But I am the only one who knows how to sew so I got pinned with making the costumes! We are going as an XXXholic group! I'm going as the Vestial Sprite ^_^, my sis will be the Rain Sprite, my brother is going as Kimihiro Watanuki, and another girl in our group might be going as Kunogi Himawari. And I get to do ALL THE COSTUMES!!!! I think it is so exciting I can't wait!

Natchan
01-16-2007, 03:58 PM
My group usually drives back and forth to this every year, but we're gonna get a room this year! Yay for not rushing around!

mysticpotatoheadgirl
01-16-2007, 07:00 PM
I was just wondering if this con is worth going to (if you're traveling to it of state). I really want to go to it since its in Vegas, but I dont want to go to a convention if its mainly just a local con typa thing (kind of like you can see and experience everything in a day).

Natchan
01-16-2007, 07:44 PM
I was just wondering if this con is worth going to (if you're traveling to it of state). I really want to go to it since its in Vegas, but I dont want to go to a convention if its mainly just a local con typa thing (kind of like you can see and experience everything in a day).

This Con is totally worth going to! I've gone all three years soo far and its gets bigger and bigger every year! We had a ton of out of state people travel in for it last year!

I know that it has somthing like twice as many dealers this year, and thay always manage to have great guests! In 2005 they had 34 voice actors there. Last year they had 4 bands from japan, and creator/artist for Hellsing Kouta Hirano & Creator/Writer for R.O.D. Hideyuki Kurata! I live in Utah, and go to this con every year, and I highly recommend it to anyone thats interested! Its a blast!

mysticpotatoheadgirl
01-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Wow, sounds like fun! Im really wanna go now lol. Thanks for the input ^.^

Natchan
01-17-2007, 11:55 AM
No prob! I'll do anything to help promote this con!

Manah
01-24-2007, 08:26 PM
I went to Anime Vegas last year, it was also my first con.^_^ I definitely plan on going this year! I would like to cosplay as Lacus but I'll have to see and how good I get at sewing. x3 I took up a sewing class this year at school, though so far, I can't sew a straight line to save my life. XD But, I'm getting better at it.

But i'm glad you started this thread too!=3 It'll be great to see more people at Anime Vegas this year.

Natchan
01-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Anyone planning on competing in the Masquerade!?

nakamura_kun
01-28-2007, 02:17 AM
My Malice Mizer group is ^ ^ we got a big surpize skit

Natchan
01-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Sweet I can't wait to see your group, Malice Mizer is awsome!

Shawnzy
01-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Me and my friend will definately be attending this with our Gears of War cosplays. I was thinking of doing a skit, but I'm not too sure on what to do exactly.

Natchan
01-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey its cool, you've got time! You're doing Gears of War huh, thats gonna be interesting to see!

KawaiiKawai
01-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Hmm....
I want to go, but transportation is a problem... No car and no friends with cars.
This would be my first anime convention- and I really want to make some friends. Any hints, suggestions, nice to see somebody else from Utah comments?

AnimeJ
01-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Wow, I was surprised to see that this thread had already been started~
I'm Jason, the Anime Vegas Convention's Director of Screenings! I'd like to thank you all for your enthusiasm and encourage you to come out to Anime Vegas this year! This is our fourth year, and it'll be bigger and better than ever. We're all ready in the planning stages for this year's con, and let me tell you, we have a lot of very good things planned. Stay tuned for more info!

Ganguro
01-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Meowsers Jason!
This is Ganguro, AVC Gaming director,and we've got something different planned this year.. so Keep your eyes on the official website http://www.animevegas.com for updates. Also the unofficial discussion boards are up at LVO (http://www.lasvegasotaku.org) again. I'm glad to see you guys looking forward to our little event already!

Natchan
02-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Of course we're looking forward to it! I don't care how small AV is I LOVE IT! Its very dear to my little con heart!

Christycard
02-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Yay Anime Vegas! I'm going this year as Alucard from Hellsing, Girlycard, and am considering attempting a Bondagecard this year for AV. Haven't made up my mind on that one yet...

missrelena
02-02-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm super-excited to be going to AV this year, too! I'm sewing for an Ah! My Goddess group, a Vampire Knight Group, and my daughter and nephew (who will be nearly four years old by then) will be cosplaying as Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask! -- So much sewing, so little time!

Right now, my Vampire Knight group is planning on being in the Masq! Anyone else?

Hey christycard, you could go as Anderson if you run out of ideas for a third costume. Just a suggestion.

Natchan
02-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Yay Anime Vegas! I'm going this year as Alucard from Hellsing, Girlycard, and am considering attempting a Bondagecard this year for AV. Haven't made up my mind on that one yet...

Yay for having Hellsing costumes all three days! I will be also wearing three different Hellsing costumes! Manga Integra, battle Inetgra (OVA vol.1), and most likely my ANBU Sakura!

Tejina
02-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Our XXXholic group plan on being in the masq! We got a killer skit to! ^_^ but they don't have the rules up yet so we don't know how much time we will get, and other stuff. Anyone know the rules from last year? Or have the inside scoop for this years rules?

Natchan
02-10-2007, 09:46 PM
This years rules will most likely be like the last two years, you get up to 2 1/2 minutes, you have to bring your music on a cd in MP3 format, and you can't have more than 10 people in your group!

Tejina
02-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Do you Know what the rules are for costume construction? Does everyone have to do thier own or can one person in the group do most of the sewing?

Natchan
02-12-2007, 11:56 AM
One person in the group can do most of the sewing, but it helps if the other help you (hand sewing, props, etc..)! They want at least 80% of your costume hand made, and they will want a reference picture for each character! Infact its better if you make a portfolio of the entire group they love those. Inside would be multiple reference pics of each character from different sides, In-progress pics, and sometime even pictures of the patterns you used and altered! When you go into the judging they love to hear a detailed explanation of how and why you did everything! Hmmmm is there anything else I can help you with!

My group has won best in show for Craftsmanship the past two years... can you tell!?

Christycard
02-13-2007, 06:31 AM
Our portfolios rock. And basically have a good justification for everything down to why you picked a certain color/type of fabric. It really shows the judges that you put a lot of thought into your work.

Natchan
02-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Yes! The judges love crazy justification! For example, when my Dad and brother were both cosplaying Walter, yet had different shades of red for their ties(we said it was because the younger walter was more flashy so there fore his tie was a brighter red)! They totally love stuff like that! If you can justify it, they will love you more!

Tejina
02-14-2007, 10:38 AM
I see I will start a porfolio ASAP then thanks for the pointers! I just don't want to get disqualified for doing something that I didn't know was wrong! Teehee! Do they have a limit to how many groups there are?

Tejina
02-14-2007, 11:01 AM
oh, oh, Natchan you went to Anime Banzai 2006 too! We probably past eachother! Teeee XD I was just looking at your gallery and noticed you went to Banzai! Did you watch the AMV's by any chance? I did the Fruits Basket one! And got Best Drama! Meeting people at cons that you have talked to online would be sooo cool! Are you going to AV'07?

Natchan
02-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Yeah I was there, unfortunately I didn't go to the AMV's but well done! And yes I am absolutely going to AV this year... I've been going since the beginning and I can't stop now! Not while its just getting its gears going and gets better every year! Maybe we'll see each other there!

Christycard
02-14-2007, 07:00 PM
I love how Natchan is, like, every other post on here. Too funny.

Yes, Tejina! We were at Banzai! I was the one in red. Did you cosplay?

Which xxxHolic character are you going to be the masq?

Natchan
02-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Hehehehe, I do post everyother one! Thats great, I love posting!

Yes which XXX holic charater are you doing!?

Tejina
02-16-2007, 11:21 AM
At banzai I didn't cosplay I did wear a stylized kimono, basicly kimono+Gothic lolita incorporated into it!
My character this year at AV is Yko! XD OUr group will consist of the characters Kimihiro Watanuki, the spider mistress (manga only), the vestial sprite, and the rain sprite, and maybe another person is coming but were not sure. I'm going in the dress Yko wears on vol 7 http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/0345483359.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
It's sooo exciting! I can't wait! What are you going as?

Natchan
02-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Well I will be attending (hopefully) as Sir Integra Hellsing (OVA vol.1 end style),and Anbu Sakura (original/Naruto)!

I_Schrodinger
02-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Yeah... Well I'm going to be Schroedinger and I'm just going to be Cool!!! (Hopefully adorable too!)

(But I won't hope for miracles.)

Natchan
02-20-2007, 12:18 AM
Yay! Schrodinger, you'll be awsome.... and adorable!

I_Schrodinger
02-20-2007, 12:21 AM
Lets not hope for Miracles. ^-^

Christycard
02-20-2007, 08:01 AM
And still, Natchan rules the thread...

Yay, Schro!

Natchan
02-20-2007, 11:31 AM
YES! IF I CAN'T RULE THE WORLD I SHALL RULE THE ANIME VEGAS THREAD! MWHAHAHAHAHA! *ahem* Sorry about that!

Natchan
02-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Okay, I'm not usually a double poster, but I didn't want us to fall off the forum... that would suck! >.<

missrelena
02-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Wadda ya mean Miracles? Of course you're going to be a cute Schro! You're perfect for the role, after all!

Oh, and another tip for the Anime Vegas Masq. . . go to all the scheduled meetings and be on time or a touch early! If you miss it. . . you will be disqualified! They are super-sticklers about this, and I can't blame them! Also, be sure to get your music in on time and in the proper format. Other than that and the 80% and no more than 10 people rules, you shouldn't have any worries!:skidude2:

Natchan
02-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Man this con just keeps getting better... I can't wait to see what its got up its sleeve this year!

AnimeJ
02-28-2007, 02:07 PM
I don't think you will be disappointed ^_^

Natchan
02-28-2007, 03:25 PM
YES! Confirmation! .... and again I've taken over!

missrelena
03-07-2007, 01:27 PM
We'd never be disappointed in anything you guys come up with! Remember, we came the first year and had a great time. . . you just keep getting better and better! You haven't let us down yet, and I don't see it happening in the future!

Natchan
03-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Yay Miss Relena has graced the boards! Welcome to our/my happy thread!

missrelena
03-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the welcome! Sorry I'm not here more often. So, what costumes does everyone have planned for Anime Vegas?

Natchan
03-15-2007, 10:03 AM
I've already stated this a billion times but, Battle Integra, Anbu Sakura, and probably either Manga Integra or Battle Integra again!

Christycard
03-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Girlycard and Anbu Kakashi. My red-coat Alucard may be retired for a time. He's been worn a LOT and is due for an up-grade. But I may be convinced to give him a last hurrah at AV.

Natchan
03-16-2007, 01:41 AM
Here I am ruling the boards again! I totally think you should give the red one more big fling!

Jettneko
03-19-2007, 02:40 PM
At banzai I didn't cosplay I did wear a stylized kimono, basicly kimono+Gothic lolita incorporated into it!
My character this year at AV is Yko! XD OUr group will consist of the characters Kimihiro Watanuki, the spider mistress (manga only), the vestal sprite, and the rain sprite, and maybe another person is coming but were not sure. I'm going in the dress Yko wears on vol 7 http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/0345483359.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
It's sooo exciting! I can't wait! What are you going as?

Anyone planning on competing in the Masquerade!?

My sister is Tejina and we're planning on competing in the Masquerade. We've actually had to change one of our costumes b/c one of the people backed out. The con fell right when she can do the campus tour for the Visual Arts school she wants to go to :bigcry: She was going to be our Yuko! So now we've re-vamped it to: Tejina is going to be Yuko, I'm the Rain Sprite, our brother is Kimihiro Watanuki, LadyFellow is going to be the Spider Mistress, and Bambi is going to be the Vestal Sprite (which we aren't really sure shes coming b/c she has tons of drama at home, will be starting college right then, and her parents don't support/understand her interest and barely tolerate it).

Is there anyone else who's planning on doing xxxHolic characters? Would you like to do a group photo session? (note: photo shoots are usually not sponsored by the con so we have to arrange time and place ourselves)

Natchan
03-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Aw thats sooo sad... I totally understand when those changes happen, and everyone has to shuffle around to make it work! Good Luck!

missrelena
04-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Tejina is going to be Yuko, I'm the Rain Sprite, our brother is Kimihiro Watanuki, LadyFellow is going to be the Spider Mistress, and Bambi is going to be the Vestal Sprite

Is your Watanuki also going to be from vol 7+? (Blind in one eye) I think that would be a cool effect with one contact or an eyepatch. Especially since you have a Spider Mistress coming with you! I'm just curious.

Tenshi
04-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Uhm, hi. Can you tell I don't spend much time on the forums any longer? I hadn't even noticed this thread!

So yup, I am one-half of the Masquerade Directors. So if you have any questions, throw them my way. Although, from the looks of it, Natchan knows her stuff XD. I'll probably put the rules up after school gets out in a few weeks, but signups won't start until after AX. I'm going back to online signups this year because I was a little overwhelmed last year when I eliminated it.

I think the rules will be pretty much the same. But remember, your source material has to be from Japan. Anime, manga, J-rock, musicals -- and of course there are exceptions like Korean manhwa. I don't know if Gears of War is Japanese or not, but if it's not you unfortunately can't compete in it.

Now, onto more fun things! I will of course be cosplaying. I think I will have one new costume for this con -- Oscar from Rose of Versailles. (And of course my co-director will be Andre! He's already been told he has no choice in the matter ^_-.) I'll wear that the first day, but I'm not sure what I'll wear day 2. I think day 3 may be Ouran day. I was told at Chibifest that certain people would like to do another Ouran invasion, and it's hard to say no to that XD.

Also, I will be doing two panels the first day. One will be about cosplay, obviously. The other's about BJDs, otherwise known as Super Dollfies. I'll let you know when the times for the two panels are known!

That's it for now, I think. Remember, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask right in this thread! I might notice quicker if I have a PM, though.

Natchan
04-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Yay Tenshi, yep I'm crazy and started the thread really early! I'm flattered that you think I know my stuff, *blush* thank you!

I'm totally excited for this year!

Kara Aconoe
04-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Oh my goodness I've been so out of touch with the cosplay and con community lately. My friends got me to touch base this Spring Break having realized I'm managing all of the props for our AX group this year. x-X;

Anyway! I've been going to AV for the past two years now and will gladly continue to~ Not only was it my first convention but it was where I first cosplayed too!

It's never too early to plan for a con if you ask me, especially if you're cosplaying and even more so if you're entering the masquerade! This year I think I might enter... MIGHT. I've been determined to for the longest time but I just don't know if I have the confidence to bring my group together and get something started. But we're all really excited this time around and if we can get everything down in time I'm more than willing to give it a shot. ^^;

As for cosplay this year it's still kind of sketchy but we'll probably be doing a Gravitaition and Sensual/Kaikan Phrase group as well. I'll be going as Ryuichi from Gravitation and either Atsuro or Sakuya from Sensual/Kaikan Phrase depending on if we're doing a skit of any sort for it or not. I might be going as Chise from Saikano as well, but I'm debating on going as her for AX this year too. I guess we'll see~

It's definitely nice to see you all so enthusiastic so soon, I always thought I was a bit crazy for getting all hyped up as soon as it ended every year. XD

Tenshi
04-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Kara, don't be afraid to enter the masquerade. It's always a little nervewracking to get up on stage the first time, but once you start your act you'll have a blast! We're all just here to have a good time, so have fun on stage :).

Kara Aconoe
04-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement, Tenshi~ I really do admire you and all of the other cosplayers who participate in the masquerade. In fact my friends and I had a little chat with a few of the people who participated in it last year and it was really fun to hear from them. More than anything I'd like for my friends to at least shine in the spotlight after all of their hardwork on cosplay for the few years we've been cosplaying. They've really come a long way! I know they'll be helping me convince myself that we can put on a great show for everyone too. ^^

Natchan
04-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Kara! Welcome to the AV thread! You should totally listen to Tenshi and enter in the Masquerade, its super fun and I think you'd be great! Everyone is great, afterall cosplayers should shine inthe spotlight and show off their hard work in full!

Sir_Integra
04-07-2007, 09:27 PM
*slips in and sits in corner of room*

Natchan
04-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Oh no you don't Sir Integra! *grabs Sir Integra by arm and forces her to sit at welcome desk* You can sit right here by me! *hugs*

Sir_Integra
04-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Yay! *cling*

missrelena
04-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I glomp Sir_Integra! That's what you get for trying to sit alone in the corner!

Kara, you should totally enter the masq! It has been the most fun that I've had at a con so far! The judges are the best! They know their stuff, are super-fun, and are wonderful at putting the contestants at ease. And of course, Tenshi and her cohort are so much fun to work with! Its just a great time all the way around, and we'll all be there to cheer you on!

rcstott
04-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Hi I'm Rich, and that's all you need to know (other than what is in store for the event this year). More space, (taking the upper deck and the theater for two days). More programming (including late night stuff for those of us 18+). More Cosplayers (nuff said). More entertainment (like bands and other live events that are so secret I can't tell you yet). Everything is more (moe?). Check it out on the site, seems we are announcing something new every few days (and we are still 5 months away).

R

Natchan
04-12-2007, 04:11 PM
There you have it folks from the man himself. GO TO ANIME VEGAS! Its freaking awsome, and you won't regret it I swear!

Sir_Integra
04-12-2007, 08:55 PM
The people are awsome in themselves. *hugs Nat*

SohjiroX
04-12-2007, 11:43 PM
I've never been to vegas but i know my group will, or is planning to go and i wouldn't mind going and trying out some cosplay there....heh might even bring out Reno for one last photo shoot there in vegas...maybe.

Christycard
04-13-2007, 08:58 AM
I think Reno would like Vegas... Seems like his kind of town. You should totally try to make it. This con is awesome!

Natchan
04-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Yes SohjiroX you should totally come on down and bring that Reno with you! Hes so cool, and as Christycard said I totally see Vegas being his kind of town! Everyone should come to Anime Vegas!

Puddles
04-13-2007, 01:16 PM
I made the trip to Anime Vegas last year, to meet some online friends for the first time <3 It was tons of fun, though I must admit I spent more time raiding the town with my group than actually -at- the con. Organization XIII in the children's museum and at Gameworks was awesome XD

Sadly I won't be going again this year (it's a long trip from Florida, and I'm saving for a diff con XD), but I -did- enjoy myself last time, so I do encourage anyone in the area to go.

Tejina
04-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Is your Watanuki also going to be from vol 7+? (Blind in one eye) I think that would be a cool effect with one contact or an eyepatch. Especially since you have a Spider Mistress coming with you! I'm just curious.

Actually yes he will have an eye patch! I thought it would to play off it;) Although he will just be in the school uniform. I can't wait!

Sad news though we might lose our Vestial Sprite:waaaah: her parents are doing the thing "if you can spend that much money going to a useless thing as an anime con you can pay for your own schooling!" I hate that! I am going to tell her not to rely on them, especially since they are be a**holes about it!:angry:
I feel sorry for her cause her parent think anime and manga are useless and she should spend her money on LOTS of clothes and make-up and shoes, stuff like that! Makes me so frustrated cause my parents are so opposite. So I can't imagine having to deal with parents like that!:miffed:

Nutmeg
04-15-2007, 01:29 AM
There's a slight possibility I'll be going to this. It seems I have enough friends either already in the area that are going or traveling from Phx.

Now I'll be deciding what con to go to over the summer.:confused: Not a bad thing, really.....

Natchan
04-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Woohoo! More people! Yes come to AV, be a part of the joy!

Kara Aconoe
04-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Yes it is great to see so many people eager to join AV so early on~! ^^ Oh, and just a reminder to those who haven't, check out the forum on the official site. Rich and the rest of the staff have been announcing quite a few things plus they are open to suggestions as well. Join the forum and see what's up!

http://www.animevegas.com

to Tejina: I'm sorry to hear about that, losing group members is no fun I know that for sure. Last year for AX I ended up losing over half of my group since they weren't allowed to make it out of state. Just hang in there and keep trying and if worse comes to worse still enjoy yourselves! Take lots of pictures and make sure to have fun stories to tell~

Ganbatte! ^^

jinnai
04-16-2007, 06:44 AM
The dance is BACK!
And....It's TWO NIGHTS!
I don't get any sleep now!! OH HAPPY DAY! XD

look on the "AVC forums", and in "general questions" for more details!

*event is subject to change*

Natchan
04-17-2007, 11:34 AM
The dance is BACK!
And....It's TWO NIGHTS!
I don't get any sleep now!! OH HAPPY DAY! XD

look on the "AVC forums", and in "general questions" for more details!

*event is subject to change*

Sweet! Ladies and Gentleman we have now been graced by the presence of DJ Jinnai! You heard him, go to the forums, and the dance!

Kitty13
04-24-2007, 09:22 PM
kya! dj jinnai! *glomps* i'm going to AVcon as Near, L, and Matt (all from death note) and i'm gonna be in some yaoi-based skits w/ my friends n.n

Chibi Ice Wolf
04-24-2007, 10:48 PM
I plan on coming up for this. ^.^v Not a far drive from Phoenix and a bunch of my AZ friends are going too! Yay a dance two nights!? Count me in! =D

Natchan
04-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes! Come to Anime Vegas, and everyone else that you can possibly "con" into it! Hehehehe pardon the pun!

Kitty13
04-26-2007, 09:31 AM
what sucks is after chibifest, my boyfriend said he's never gonna go w/ me to a con ever again, unless it's dedicated to nothing but bleach n.n;;

Natchan
04-26-2007, 11:05 AM
what sucks is after chibifest, my boyfriend said he's never gonna go w/ me to a con ever again, unless it's dedicated to nothing but bleach n.n;;

Thats lame..... chibifest wasn't even a con he can't judge off of that! Chain him up and bring him anyway!

Kitty13
04-26-2007, 11:09 AM
n.n;; i doubt he'd come, i kinda dragged him to a couple yaoi panels there and yeah....but he agrees to buying me cosplay outfits n.n he didn't like me being L cause i had all of my hair up in that wig n.n;;; there were a few people who thought it was my real hair

missrelena
04-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Like Natchan said, Chibifest is not what cons should be judged off of. At least, not more-than-one-day, tons-of-Special-Guests, tons-of-cosplayers-to-see, and a-lot-bigger-budget cons! Make him come. . . there is always more than one panel or event happing at one time, so if he doesn't want to go to the yaoi topics with you, he can always go play video games, watch anime in the screening rooms, buy stuff in the dealer's room or go to a different panel. The people of Anime Vegas make sure to always offer you a huge selection of things to do to choose from! (And they're never so packed that you can't breathe!) That's why I love AV so much!

So tell your boyfriend to get over it and come to AV!!!

Kitty13
04-27-2007, 10:23 PM
heh, i'll try, but he broke up with me yesterday after over a year of dating, and today he changed his mind and said he wants back together.....i doubt i'll be with him when AV con comes around...

Natchan
04-28-2007, 12:23 PM
If not him than drag someone else along! EVERYONE should go to Anime Vegas!

Kitty13
04-28-2007, 04:46 PM
yeah, i'm going w/ my misa and the lil L from chibifest n.n we have a few skits planned out, so i have to learn how to quick-change from Near to L to Matt back to L, etc lol n.n

Tenshi
04-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Kitty, I hope you get everything worked out. And I look forward to seeing what you come up with at the con!

I'm SO happy that you may be coming, Chibi Ice Wolf!

Hurrah for drive-by postings!

Kitty13
04-29-2007, 01:56 PM
kya! i remember you! *checked profile* n.n your skit was so cute, i was giggling once we sat back down in the rows n.n;; i'm suprised our death note skit got 2nd, it was extremely last minute n.n;; but i loved your outfit n.n i'll be watching for the awesome sailor uranus at AVcon now n.n

Natchan
04-30-2007, 01:16 AM
I hopefully will be wearing my ANBU Sakura for its first time at Anime Vegas this year!

Kitty13
04-30-2007, 09:23 AM
@.@ i <3 anything naruto, so expect some glompage n.n ......crap, i can't >.< i have to stay in charry or my bet thing gets thrown out the window......>.> does matt glomp?

Natchan
04-30-2007, 04:05 PM
O.o wouldn't want you loosing an "In Caharcter bet". Lol I know I would.... I have the hardest time staying in chacater as Integra. I'm just soooo happy!

Kitty13
04-30-2007, 04:47 PM
i'm the person running around glomping people and doing the fangirl squeal n.n;; and the bet i have going is who can get more girls (like phone #s, marraige proposals, etc.) , me or my bf n.n;; he said he was gonna go talk to some normal girls while i was in costume and i told him i'd have to run over and kiss him to make people think he's gay lol n.n i'm so gonna win it

Natchan
05-03-2007, 04:03 PM
I' trying to get my Dad to come back this year. For anyone who saw the "older" Walter with the Hellsing Group last year, that was him. Hopefully he'll be returning!

Kitty13
05-03-2007, 05:35 PM
that'd be cool n.n he should seriously come

Natchan
05-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Yeah, he was a blast last year. He actually went to panels and events with. I even got him to compete in the Masquerade with us!

Kitty13
05-04-2007, 11:23 AM
oh wow lol n.n if i finally get it uploaded, i'll post the link to a video me and my friend took, i was light and she was L and i was sitting on the planter pretending to be writing in the death note and she tackled me into the planter n.n;; luckily my friend stopped the recording, otherwise we'd have a light screaming a more obsene version of "my butt! omg my butt!" lol n.n i was in a pain for a bit, but the resulting video is hilarious to watch

missrelena
05-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Hey Everybody! Its Natchan's birthday! Be sure to wish her a happy one!:crylaugh:

Kitty13
05-14-2007, 08:45 PM
n.n will do! thanks for the info

Natchan
05-15-2007, 02:21 AM
Aw thanks! It was a super one at that!

Hopage
05-15-2007, 09:13 AM
I’m trekking it to AV all the way from Boston!

I’ve heard it’s a fun con and I’m also just plain excited about visiting Vegas for the first time. (I’m taking a couple extra days to explore the area) I think I’ll be going with a xxxHolic duo, something appropriate for Cosplay gambling.

LadyHawke78
05-15-2007, 09:56 AM
OMG-- I would TOTALLY love to go to AV!! (However, my friends and I are not planning our annual Vegas trip until OCTOBER!) :(

Maybe I can convince them to push it to September...

AV is right around my birthday, and what could possibly be more fun that cosplaying in Vegas???!? This would totally inspire me to make Faye Valentine's purple ballgown costume (or maybe even the casino-dealer outfit...) Just so I could play poker and blackjack in the damn costume.
That would PWN.

Tejina
05-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Yeah more xxxHolic Cosplayers! Yeah XD

Natchan
05-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Yay! More people planning on coming to AV! Welcome, please make yourself at home!

Hopage
05-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Yeah more xxxHolic Cosplayers! Yeah XD

I think its awesome that you guys are doing the rain sprite I love her, and I especially love her wig :-)

Kitty13
05-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Im trekking it to AV all the way from Boston!

Ive heard its a fun con and Im also just plain excited about visiting Vegas for the first time. (Im taking a couple extra days to explore the area) I think Ill be going with a xxxHolic duo, something appropriate for Cosplay gambling.

o.o wow, boston? yay! that means i'll get to meet more than just locals *didn't think AVcon drew in such a crowd* and i <3 xxxHolic @.@

Natchan
05-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Hopage: Yes the fact that you're coming in from Boston is quite impressive! I'm glad that AV has been recognized and wil be loved! Its such a great con, and it just gets better and better every year!

MadameButterfly
05-17-2007, 05:24 PM
I can't wait for AV. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to cosplay or not

Kitty13
05-17-2007, 06:58 PM
yes! cosplay! n.n everyone should cosplay lol it's fun

MadameButterfly
05-18-2007, 01:37 AM
I have a few characters in mind, but it depends on time and money for if I can do, if not, I have tons of lolita clothes to wear

Kitty13
05-18-2007, 09:17 AM
w00t for lolita! n.n

MadameButterfly
05-18-2007, 12:58 PM
The problem is choosing outfits though @_@

missrelena
05-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Yes, that is a conundrum. . . each year choosing which costume to wear on what day gets harder and harder because my list of costumes I have made gets longer and longer! I think this year I'm going with:

Saturday: Either Archbishop Enrico Maxwell from Hellsing or Belldandy
Sunday: Yuki from Vampire Knight
Monday: Renge from Ouran High School Host Club

Of course, that is always subject to change. . .

Natchan
05-18-2007, 02:26 PM
MadameButterfly! Welcome to the AV thread! Choosing is difficult, I understand this I have the same problem! Don't we all really. Thats the beautiful thing about 3 day cons.... more costumes!

inuashley
05-18-2007, 08:12 PM
I might be going to AV, but my question is, why isn't there a separate forums section for this? It seems to be big enough...I think. How big was AV last year?

Kitty13
05-18-2007, 10:41 PM
i dunno how it was last year, but i think it's cause it's not as big as the other cons out there

Natchan
05-20-2007, 12:16 AM
I might be going to AV, but my question is, why isn't there a separate forums section for this? It seems to be big enough...I think. How big was AV last year?

I think they just broke over 2000 last year, but don't quote me on that, I'm not sure!

They really arean't large enough for there own permanent thread space yet.

But you should totally come!

Tenshi
05-20-2007, 11:05 AM
I think we were close to 3000 last year. That was probably thanks to Kurata-san and Hirano-san :).

(On a weird note, Hirano-san looks a bit like my boyfriend's brother. . .I kept seeing him out of the corner of my eye at dinner and mistaking him!)

On a more official note, I am really trying to have all the rules done before Thursday, which is when I leave for Fanime. I know everyone is wanting them, and I also know rabid you can get when you're waiting for rules to go up. I go through it every year with AX ^^;;.

inuashley
05-20-2007, 11:15 PM
I think we were close to 3000 last year. That was probably thanks to Kurata-san and Hirano-san :).

(On a weird note, Hirano-san looks a bit like my boyfriend's brother. . .I kept seeing him out of the corner of my eye at dinner and mistaking him!)

On a more official note, I am really trying to have all the rules done before Thursday, which is when I leave for Fanime. I know everyone is wanting them, and I also know rabid you can get when you're waiting for rules to go up. I go through it every year with AX ^^;;.

That's strange, Anime LA only had 1800 people last year and they have their own thread. Not to mention Ani-magic and PMX which definitely have less than 2000 people. Anyway, I'll see everyone at Fanime! ^_^

Natchan
05-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Oh well, maybe next year it will get recognized for its coolness and give its own area!

AnimeJ
05-21-2007, 03:55 PM
I just sent off my screening requests for Anime Vegas. The screening rooms should be pretty awesome this year, y'all should check them out.

Natchan
05-22-2007, 12:50 AM
Sweet! Screenings! *runs off to take a look*

Kitty13
05-22-2007, 09:23 AM
omg! XD *tackles jason* lol are you going to avcon too? n.n

Natchan
05-22-2007, 11:05 AM
omg! XD *tackles jason* lol are you going to avcon too? n.n

Of course hes going silly, can't you see his title beneath his user name?! O.o "AV Screening Director", thats says yes to me!

Kitty13
05-22-2007, 04:48 PM
n.n;;; hehe, lol doesn't necessarily mean he'd be going n.n;;;

Toshi_Riku
05-29-2007, 12:39 PM
its just 3 months away
and im still hoping to go

Natchan
05-29-2007, 03:43 PM
its just 3 months away
and im still hoping to go

Well heres hoping that you can make it! Anyone who wants to go, should be able to darn it!

missrelena
05-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Just three months?!? Shoot me now! I'm never going to get all the costumes done!!! Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Natchan
05-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Just three months?!? Shoot me now! I'm never going to get all the costumes done!!! Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Lol! I don't know! You kinda dug your own grave this year! But thats cool, I can't wait to see your guys' finshed costumes!

missrelena
05-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Lol! I don't know! You kinda dug your own grave this year! But thats cool, I can't wait to see your guys' finished costumes!

Yeah, me too. Here's praying that happens. I have all the fabric, trim and patterns that I'm basing everything from, so at least I'm that far. Now I just have to finish all the AX costumes before that con happens, and then I'll begin work on the AV ones. Whew!

Muze
06-01-2007, 03:39 PM
going.

nakamura_kun
06-02-2007, 12:54 AM
I hope its really good this year, I'm kind of disapointed with the guest going. I want this year to be great sence I have a bunch of memebers of my anime club going^^
I'm really looking forward to the dance and being able to wear a Mello costume^^
I hope to see some Death Note cosplayers
So far in my group I got a Mello, L, and maybe Near^^

Sir_Integra
06-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Hmm...I may change my mind yet. Cheaper then D*con and closer.

Kitty13
06-03-2007, 04:01 PM
I hope its really good this year, I'm kind of disapointed with the guest going. I want this year to be great sence I have a bunch of memebers of my anime club going^^
I'm really looking forward to the dance and being able to wear a Mello costume^^
I hope to see some Death Note cosplayers
So far in my group I got a Mello, L, and maybe Near^^*waves her hand* i'm a death note cosplayer! my group has a bunch of skits planned, so watch out for us n.n

Natchan
06-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Hmm...I may change my mind yet. Cheaper then D*con and closer.

Oh? What would BlueMew say to that?

AnimeJ
06-04-2007, 01:57 PM
n.n;;; hehe, lol doesn't necessarily mean he'd be going n.n;;;

Yes. I'm going. I'll be running the screening room. Like Usual xD

demonchild4eva
06-04-2007, 05:28 PM
This wil be my first anime con :bashful: I is gonna be cosplaying Near from Death note :spinner:

Gah!i cant wait for anime vegas! :toothy:

Kitty13
06-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Yes. I'm going. I'll be running the screening room. Like Usual xDlol, sorry i couldn't come to j-team meeting w/ jinnai on saturday n.n;; but yeah i'll look forward to seeing you over at avcon

Natchan
06-05-2007, 12:01 PM
This wil be my first anime con :bashful: I is gonna be cosplaying Near from Death note :spinner:

Gah!i cant wait for anime vegas! :toothy:

Yay for more first timers! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

AnimeJ
06-05-2007, 03:47 PM
lol, sorry i couldn't come to j-team meeting w/ jinnai on saturday n.n;; but yeah i'll look forward to seeing you over at avcon

It's all right! Don't worry about it. You'll definitely see me at AV, if nothing else ^.^

Christycard
06-06-2007, 06:24 AM
Wow, lots of Death Note cosplayers this year...

Natchan
06-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Wow, lots of Death Note cosplayers this year...

O.o I know they're just comin out of the woodwork!

Kitty13
06-06-2007, 05:39 PM
It's all right! Don't worry about it. You'll definitely see me at AV, if nothing else ^.^
XD be prepared for glompage...is allen going? do you know? >.>

MadameButterfly
06-07-2007, 01:41 AM
I have a feeling there will be quite a few The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya cosplays this year

missrelena
06-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Not me. I don't have time to make Death Note costumes, too. I don't have enough days to wear them, either. (Sigh) Maybe another con in the future.

Sir_Integra
06-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Oh? What would BlueMew say to that?

Well...you already kind of know the answer to that. Plus if I don't have money for D*Con...I can't go. It's pretty close to AX.

Christycard
06-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Not me. I don't have time to make Death Note costumes, too. I don't have enough days to wear them, either. (Sigh) Maybe another con in the future.

Make Death Note?? Why? You probably have anything you would need in your closet already...

ZukaAkuza
06-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Hey peps....Im a noob when it comes to anime cons....In fact this is my first one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe im sooo excitied....Sorry lol
I plan on going as....
Roxas in an orginization 13 coat from Kingdom hearts
It's lame i know...but im sooooooo pumped up!
since i never went to one before...
are they fun????

Natchan
06-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Well...you already kind of know the answer to that. Plus if I don't have money for D*Con...I can't go. It's pretty close to AX.

Lol. To true... at least I do now. Well welcome back aboard the AV thread!

Kitty13
06-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Hey peps....Im a noob when it comes to anime cons....In fact this is my first one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe im sooo excitied....Sorry lol
I plan on going as....
Roxas in an orginization 13 coat from Kingdom hearts
It's lame i know...but im sooooooo pumped up!
since i never went to one before...
are they fun????n.n trust me, they're fun

demonchild4eva
06-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Yay for more first timers! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

yay for me!:thumbsup: *does happy dance* >.< lol

missrelena
06-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Make Death Note?? Why? You probably have anything you would need in your closet already...

True. . I think I have blue jeans and a white long-sleeved T-shirt in my closet. Add some black eye-liner and a wig and viola! I'm L! Now if only my cosplay group would go for something that simple. Nah, that will never happen.

Christycard
06-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Nope. We won't. ;)

Natchan
06-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Hahahaha cosplay somthing that I can take out of my closet.... thats a joke.

missrelena
06-12-2007, 04:12 PM
You all just want blood and tears -- admit it! Anyway, if they were too simple, I'd feel useless!

Sir_Integra
06-14-2007, 02:19 AM
For Death Note, if I have my black hair I could do L. LOL Not nearly skinny enough, but I'd have to put my head on Colin's body...and that just ain't happening. *shudders*

Christycard
06-14-2007, 06:33 AM
That's an image I would like to NEVER have again!!!! Yuck.

So any progress anyone? I know it's a little early to ask...

Natchan
06-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Bleh! I second that NEVER again bit.

Ummmm..... progress...hmmmmmm...... I know how I'm going to make my ANBU sword! Does that count?

Sir_Integra
06-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Progress? Mmm...no. *hangs head in shame*

.:Zesty:.
06-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Hiya^^....um....I'm just joining cosplay, but I know I'm going to go to anime vegas....and hopefully as Anderson from Hellsing and the head master from Vampire Knight.

missrelena
06-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Not nearly skinny enough, but I'd have to put my head on Colin's body...and that just ain't happening. *shudders*

I agree with everyone else. . . Yucky image! Please don't do that to us ever again!

Zesty: Heyla babe! So glad you could join us here! It will be nice to have more Iscariot cosplayers! (Vampire Knight cosplayers are uber-happiness, too!)

Sir_Integra
06-24-2007, 09:54 AM
ISCARIOT! Nevada will turn into a Hellsing state yet. Muhahahaha!

dark_mousy
06-26-2007, 03:09 AM
ANIME VEGAS!! YEAH!!

/sleep

missrelena
06-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Zesty, if you're really desperate to cosplay Anderson still, I think I might have the gray fabric you need.

Whew! Now that I'm nearly finished with the AX batch of costumes I can FINALLY focus on the Anime Vegas costumes! Fluffy yellow dresses and Vampire Knight Uniforms, here I come! After that, its goddesses, Chibis of Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon, and Bereznoff. Wish me luck!

Kitty13
06-29-2007, 08:58 PM
omg, tomorrow i'm getting the fabric for my shuichi cosplay n.n i decided all 3 days i'm gonna be in shu-chan's costumes n.n ryuichi-kun's gonna help me out w/ the costumes n.n on the last day if i dun have 3 outfits, i'm gonna go in the schoolgirl outfit n.n for that i just need a sunflower

Tejina
06-30-2007, 05:27 PM

Sorry it took me so long to respond to your question but I have been sewing my fingers off. Anyway yes he is going to have an eyepatch, we were going to do a skit so that was incorporated but now I think we are just going to dress up! I can't wait!
ONLY 62 days till the con!!!! YEAH!!!! :thumbsup:

Sir_Integra
07-05-2007, 08:35 AM
We all need to start posting more. AV is coming up fast! Does anyone know what's going on this year, panel/gatherings wise? I think we should make a list.

Hey Nat..perhaps we should form a Hellsing Fan panel. What'cha think?

Christycard
07-05-2007, 09:46 AM
As far as activities and guests I recommend animevegas.com. I don't think they have a schedule of events up quite yet. So, no, I have no idea what's going on.

Tejina
07-05-2007, 09:58 AM
last year they didn't have the schedule up till August!

nakamura_kun
07-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Anime Vegas, I hope its fun this year^^
Happily I got a pretty big group going to AV this year.
I dont think I've ever seen anyone cosplay as Ranmura's Halloween Costume, from The Wallflower hopefully my BF will :3

Christycard
07-06-2007, 06:07 PM
I have decided that in addition to my ANBU Kakashi I will probably re-make my red coat Alucard. Dunno, though. Depends on funds....

Girlycard is still coming. So is formal!Girlycard. And blood-spattered!Girlycard.

Phew! That's a lot of cards...

Natchan
07-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Woohoo Red alucard re-make!

I'll be blood spattering my vol.6 White Integra to add a little flare! So count me in on the Bloody goodness!

hi.to.ri
07-06-2007, 07:16 PM
i'm still recovering from AX, but am more excited than ever to travel around a bit for conventions. Hopefully going to head down, cossing as L, Mikami Teru, and Sasuke. i've got to squeeze out a new AMV if I can too.

hope to see everyone down there!
what's the usual attendance count from the past couple of years?

Sir_Integra
07-07-2007, 05:23 AM
I think I'll do Post Car Wrech Integra again but maybe with more blood. Because I like the blood. Alot. :spinner:

Mmm...Ooo...yeah that's right, Rane wanted to do formal at the Venetian. Theres that, but if we want to go for a more castle type look there is the Excalaber...or Cesars Palace has a few good spots for a shoot...Any shoot location's ask me because I know of quite a few. *grin* Fun fun fun!

Natchan
07-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Less than two months now! Woohoo! Is everyone getting excited!? Cause I sure am!

rane
07-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Woohhoo, I found the AV thread! XD Erm...I'll be bringing Dark Walter, blood-splattered Walter, and formal Walter...Wooooo, that's that a lot of Walter!! And just to go with my theme so far....an anbu. O.o :toothy:

I can't wait to take pics around the town! And in Vegas, no one will probably even blink an eye! That's a scary thought. lol

Christycard
07-09-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm sure they won't! I think there will be just regular people dressed a lot more strangely than us.

Natchan
07-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Woohoo cosplay pics in Vegas, man this is gonna be great!

nakamura_kun
07-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Ya can't wait. I have a bunch of people from my Anime Club going for the first time^^
Can't wait to cosplay!!!

Kara Aconoe
07-10-2007, 04:53 AM
Aaah where does the time go~? XD

It seems like just the other day I was waiting for Anime Expo to hit and now that it's over things are speeding up all over again! I recruited a lot of my friends from AX to come along, hopefully we'll get to have a mini reunion. If not then maybe for next year...

I'm definitely excited and the events this year just keep sounding better and better from the updates. Can't wait for all the fun stuff and of course the fun people! ^^

I have to make sure I take care to take plenty of pictures and footage though since I skipped out at AX already this year with all of my group's Kingdom Hearts antics. ><

Natchan
07-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Yes Anime Vegas is going to rock, as it always does! I'm trying my best to recruit as many people as possible from other cons, and those who have simply never been!

missrelena
07-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Cosplay shoots around town sound like a ton of fun! There's a cemetery not far from the con center that has some tall stone crosses for headstones in it if anyone is interested in that location for Hellsing or whatever.

I'm super-excited to meet most of you there. . . especially rane and (hopefully) hellrazer! It's going to be a blast!

iaShakezula
07-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah I will be there.It will be pretty hot so i am only wearing 3 outfit with the lightest material and they are my newest outfit as well.

Vampire Knight night class.
Zaerua Pollo Grantz -Bleach Arancar
Kanda of DGray Man- maybe for now, the wig drives crazy.

Zashi
07-10-2007, 03:52 PM
I am going to be attending AV for the first time. Its not my first con, but sometimes I like smaller cons. and for my Cosplay... I am going as Phoenix Wright from the Capcom game series Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I cant wait to go only 52 more days left XD

Sir_Integra
07-10-2007, 04:21 PM
We may have to do a few shoots at the cemetary for Hellsing. LOL We need some for Hellsing and Iscariot!

Paranoia
07-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Seems like we will be having lots of Hellsing cosplayers again this year. ^.^ I can't wait to see everyones cosplays, and to finish mine! xD

Who is going to be visiting the Maid Cafe, by the way? I am in charge of it. [Insert Shameless Self Plug Here]

Natchan
07-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Who is going to be visiting the Maid Cafe, by the way? I am in charge of it. [Insert Shameless Self Plug Here]

I might have to drag some folks up for a short time this year!

crystanci
07-11-2007, 04:14 PM
I am going to be attending AV for the first time. Its not my first con, but sometimes I like smaller cons. and for my Cosplay... I am going as Phoenix Wright from the Capcom game series Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I cant wait to go only 52 more days left XD

I'm thinking about going to AV, and it will be my first time as well. Can't imagine why I haven't done so yet... Anyhoo, you better watch yourself, cuz if I see you, you're getting glomped ^^ If you see an Ada Wong coming your way, that's me! hehehe.

rane
07-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Cosplay shoots around town sound like a ton of fun! There's a cemetery not far from the con center that has some tall stone crosses for headstones in it if anyone is interested in that location for Hellsing or whatever.

I'm super-excited to meet most of you there. . . especially rane and (hopefully) hellrazer! It's going to be a blast!

Ah, can't wait to meet you, too, MissRelena! And a cemetery shoot sounds AWESOME!!! For that, I'll have to go ahead and bring Dawn Walter to go with Christycard's Girlycard! <8

Christycard
07-11-2007, 07:13 PM
That would rock!! And there is a remarkably convenient cemetery just a block or so away from the con center...

Natchan
07-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Woohoo! Hellsingers taking over AV again! This is going to be awsome!

Sir_Integra
07-12-2007, 04:35 AM
*mad chuckle* Hellsing owns. What else can we say?

Natchan
07-12-2007, 03:22 PM
So any thoughts on when we wanna do the Hellsing Gathering?! My vote is for NOT OUTSIDE this year.

missrelena
07-12-2007, 03:46 PM
So any thoughts on when we wanna do the Hellsing Gathering?! My vote is for NOT OUTSIDE this year.

Not outside would be the best! (Except for the ones in the cemetery. But those could be done in the evening or early morning I suppose. . . sometime when it isn't AS hot.)

I'm so happy so many cool people are coming to AV! The con is super-fun, and I want to share it with all great cosplayers!

Natchan
07-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Maybe we'll get lucky and the inside stairs next to the Theater will be open at the time we choose. We could take some decent pictures there. There really isn't any Hellsing friendly back drops in the Cashman center, but we'll make due.

jinnai
07-12-2007, 05:28 PM
And in the same room after the Maid Cafe is the Dance! (another shameless plug!)

Natchan
07-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Theres nothing wrong with shameless plugs here, we're all cool! And we all want Anime Vegas to be successful!

Sir_Integra
07-13-2007, 03:36 AM

SECONDED! Hellsing costumes are not known for being heat friendly. lol

As for the Hellsing shoot, the stairs by the theater would be good. Maybe even in the theater? Another interesting place for formal shoots. ahem. lol

Natchan
07-13-2007, 10:17 AM
I wanted to do them in the theater, but there are going to be band performances in there all weekend.

rane
07-13-2007, 12:18 PM
I thought we were going to go take pics at the Ventetian and other places on the strip, right? Or is that just a sidetrip for night one evening or something?

Christycard
07-13-2007, 01:50 PM
I wanted to go the Venetian, too...

Natchan
07-13-2007, 02:42 PM
I was thinking those were side evening trips, but if we wanna make them the actual gathering then thats cool too! I totally wanna go to the Venetian, by all means want to go!

crystanci
07-13-2007, 10:02 PM
A little note on the Venetian. If you guys want to spend a good amount of time in there, be prepared for a lot of walking. The casino/hotel wasn't built well, and the food court is very expensive. Actually, everything in the Venetian is expensive. It's like 8 bux for a slice of cheese pizza and a large drink. Just wanna give you guys a heads up.

rane
07-14-2007, 02:16 AM
Ah, we just need a cakey background for our Hellsing formals. LOL And it would be really cool if we got a pic on one of those goofy gondoliers! :toothy:

Sir_Integra
07-14-2007, 03:19 AM
15 for inside and like....20 for outside. But maybe. They sing tho. *cring*

And I know the Venetian well enough. I've been there many times. I can be the Hellsing guide! Now if only I had a cute little costume for that! lol.

And we can get some pretty shots outside as well. we just have to do it at a slow point....maybe another twilight shoot?

Christycard
07-14-2007, 09:47 AM
And there are always lots of Japanese tourists to take pics with.

crystanci
07-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Ah, we just need a cakey background for our Hellsing formals. LOL And it would be really cool if we got a pic on one of those goofy gondoliers! :toothy:

They're actually very nice, at least the ones that I've run into ^^ They don't have to sing if you don't want them to. You guys should get a pic with the human statue as well ^^

hellrazer
07-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Hellrazer reporting for duty.
Still finalizing travel plans but I am most definitely coming. How could I pass up hanging out with such wonderful Hellsing fans.

That said, I suppose I'll mostly do Seras.
I am tempted to try out some other costumes but highly unlikely.
But this talk of Japanese tourists and tour guides has me thinking...

Sir_Integra
07-14-2007, 09:58 PM
YAY! *glomps Hellrazer* We're going to have so much fun.

And YAY for Japanese tourists! They may mob us again like last year...just a warning. lol

and I still need a new Icon.

Natchan
07-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Yay! Hellrazer, I'm so glad that you were able to find our well hidden thread. Someday anime vegas wil have its own section here I'm sure, but until then we make due.

hellrazer
07-15-2007, 03:38 PM
I had an inkling that, regardless of overall layout, the Anime Vegas attendees would find an outlet.

Sir Integra, a mob of Japanese tourists? I'll be sure to bring my whistle to maintain order.

AnimeJ
07-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Can't imagine why I haven't done so yet...

I can't imagine why you haven't either...
Anime Vegas is a really great con.
I'm not biased at all :D

Natchan
07-15-2007, 11:15 PM
I can't imagine why you haven't either...
Anime Vegas is a really great con.
I'm not biased at all :D

Biassed.... never!

Everyone should go to Anime Vegas! its awsome!

rane
07-16-2007, 02:00 AM
Woohooo! Hellrazer!!! *hugs* I'm so excited that you're going!! It's my first time there, too, so we can figure it all out together. This is gearing up to be a con chock full of Hellsing goodness (or...badness? *evil laugh*) :toothy:

sakura yuna
07-16-2007, 03:33 AM
I wish I could attend Anime Vegas. Sounds like so much fun! Man, well maybe someday?

crystanci
07-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Anybody familiar with the weapon policy? It's pretty vague, and I dont' know if I can bring my airsofts....

missrelena
07-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Last year we could bring airsofts, but you had to show them to the Cosplay booth, and they decide whether or not to peacebond them. If they look really real, make sure they have an orange tip that is quite notable. . . of course, that was last year, and things could have changed since then.

senritsu
07-16-2007, 06:25 PM
i'm test running all of my fancy costumes at this con
so i've got fay from tsubasa chronicles and halloweentown axel... from some kingdom hearts 2 fanart i found

are there any like... gatherings at this con?
it's my first AV so i'd like to know what there is to do cosplaywise
in the off chance anyone knows

nakamura_kun
07-16-2007, 07:33 PM
I was wondering does anyone know if there is going to be a Dating Game this year?

Kara Aconoe
07-17-2007, 12:45 AM
There's been a dating game around for the past few years and with its turn out I wouldn't be surprised to see it come back again. They've announced quite a few of the planned events on the site if anyone's been paying attention.

Oh and to any cosplayers interested in entering the Masquerade I got the rules at the last Anime Vegas meeting and copied it down to word. I can post it here or PM it to anyone who wants them.

Sir_Integra
07-17-2007, 02:59 AM
Sir Integra, a mob of Japanese tourists? I'll be sure to bring my whistle to maintain order.

Ooo...the photo op's.....Muhahahahaha!

missrelena
07-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Oh and to any cosplayers interested in entering the Masquerade I got the rules at the last Anime Vegas meeting and copied it down to word. I can post it here or PM it to anyone who wants them.

I just want to know if they are any different from last year's rules. If so, what are the changes?

nakamura_kun
07-17-2007, 02:31 PM
There's been a dating game around for the past few years and with its turn out I wouldn't be surprised to see it come back again. They've announced quite a few of the planned events on the site if anyone's been paying attention.

Could you send the rules to me?

Natchan
07-17-2007, 04:06 PM
I just want to know if they are any different from last year's rules. If so, what are the changes?

They haven't changed at all!

missrelena
07-18-2007, 02:15 PM
They haven't changed at all!

Well that makes my life easy! Thanks Nat!

hellrazer
07-18-2007, 02:18 PM
I've been contemplating the masquerade - particularly since it didn't happen at AX, but I'm not quite sure what I would do.

(Also, costumes are all wait listed until my sewing machine if either fixed or replaced)

Natchan
07-18-2007, 03:42 PM
I've been contemplating the masquerade - particularly since it didn't happen at AX, but I'm not quite sure what I would do.

(Also, costumes are all wait listed until my sewing machine if either fixed or replaced)

Well if you decide to go ahead and shoot for the masquerade! I wish you luck! Its really a fun masquerade, and not very high stress at all!

Oh noes your machine is kaput!? O.O

hellrazer
07-18-2007, 10:20 PM
I still haven't gotten it fixed since AX when it died the night before we left for con. I never thought it would happen to me.

Oh, and I have already requested time off for AV. I'm the first person on the list. And if they don't give me the time off...I'll quit. It was only till school started and then I have a better paying job lined up.

Now, are there any gatherings that have actually been decided upon?

Natchan
07-18-2007, 11:18 PM
I still haven't gotten it fixed since AX when it died the night before we left for con. I never thought it would happen to me.

Oh, and I have already requested time off for AV. I'm the first person on the list. And if they don't give me the time off...I'll quit. It was only till school started and then I have a better paying job lined up.

Now, are there any gatherings that have actually been decided upon?

Yeah... been there done that before.

Weehoo, I requested the time back in Feb. cause I can do that!

Um gathering wise, I know that we are still deciding on a time, and possibly stil a place for the Hellsing Gathering. I do know that there is going to be an Ouran gathering on Monday, but other than those two I'm not sure.

Sir_Integra
07-19-2007, 05:09 AM
I'll do the Masqurade with you Hellrazer. Not sure what we could do with just two people, but if it's hellsing you want to do, I'm up for it.

missrelena
07-19-2007, 02:41 PM

I completely feel your pain over dead sewing machines. Just ask Nat, I'm a sewing machine serial killer! I had two die on me last year (a baby machine that I got fixed and an old one that was beyond resurrection.) I've had two die on me this year, too. (The baby machine blew it's motor completely out during Hellsing season, and my new machine started out with it's timing off so the bobbin wouldn't grab. Fortunately, they fixed the new one free of charge.) I think Nat, Christycard and I went through 5 or 6 different loaners just to get everything done on time. :crylaugh:

But do try the Masq! Like Nat said, it is low key. Everyone there is great fun to work with. The participants all band together to cheer each group on, and it has started ON TIME for the past four years! (Miracle of Miracles) Just make it to the two required meetings on Sunday and turn in your music/skit recording to them on time, and its completely smooth sailing!

rane
07-19-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm still sorta thinking about singing.....because I"m an idiot!! LOL If I can get the music set up and meet the deadline, I might go for it. Doing it at a smaller con first might help me get over the stage fright.

Natchan
07-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Really rane, you might sing?! That would be awsome, I would totally cheer for you! I'll make a flag!

Oh btw I recruited I_Schro to be in our ANBU group! Hes gonna be Kiba!

Christycard
07-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Guess we really need to crack down on those #%@! masks.

(Original idea is going to be too heavy...)

rane
07-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Yay for Kibaaaa!!!!! That's so awesome!! Hm....I wonder if someone can make him a plushie Akamaru that sits on top of his head? :toothy:

Yeah, I'm thinking about singing....I really want to, but am slightly terrified. LOL
How many people are usually in the audience for masquerade?

What were you making the mask out of, Christycard? I could always send you a square of wonderflex and you could wonderflex over the current one, but you'll need a heat gun to melt it.

Natchan
07-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Yay for Kibaaaa!!!!! That's so awesome!! Hm....I wonder if someone can make him a plushie Akamaru that sits on top of his head? :toothy:

Yeah, I'm thinking about singing....I really want to, but am slightly terrified. LOL
How many people are usually in the audience for masquerade?

What were you making the mask out of, Christycard? I could always send you a square of wonderflex and you could wonderflex over the current one, but you'll need a heat gun to melt it.

We're hoping for an Akamaru plushie, we'll see!

Hmmmm Masq. audience for AV last year it was about, I'd say 700-1000 attendees made it last year.

We were originally using a plastic base that was already made (purchased at michaels). And then we were using a sort of molding clay that air dries. But I"m thinking that the clay would be too heavy, and wouldn't sit right on our heads. WonderFlex would be awsome, if we had a heat gun.... how do those things run?

Sir_Integra
07-21-2007, 03:20 AM
*is lost*

rane
07-21-2007, 03:26 AM
*takes Sir_Integra to lost and found* lol

Natchan, wonderflex has to be pretty hot before it starts to bend, I think something like 150 degrees, so you need a heat gun to get it hot enough. I've been told that the Wal-mart automotive paint heat guns work just fine, and they run about $25-30 or so. I'm sure I'll melt a lot of things that shouldn't be melted before I get the whole process down. LOL

Natchan
07-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Yay for melting things that sholdn't be?! O.o wait a minute! Oh well, we'll figure somthing out..... I hope!?

rane
07-22-2007, 10:45 AM
And I just realized today that I'm in trouble. The Vlad cosplay is super hot, even when it's cool and Chapter 82 Walter is....all leather. LOL Maybe Vegas will have a cool spell? :crylaugh:

Natchan
07-22-2007, 11:28 AM
We'll just make sure to stay inside most of the time. It really shouldn't be a problem. We survivied last year and we thought we were gonna die.