PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a Newcomer

Darth Takeo
03-27-2003, 06:22 PM
Greetings all! I have attended Otakon for the past 2 years and am setting sights on #3. I am just posting to get to know some con-goers before hand. I'm hailing from Winchester, Virginia.

-Lord Takeo

Reiko
03-27-2003, 06:23 PM
WELCOME AND HAVE FUN! you'll like it here!

Darth Takeo
03-27-2003, 06:29 PM
Thanks! So do most people here already know each other? In my perspective the more people you know, the more enjoyable experience a con is, which is why I wanna get to know more con-goers ahead of time. I can't think of another way other than to find others online.

UsagiNoSenshi
03-28-2003, 02:56 PM
yup, this is a good way to find people, I'm meeting up with like 7 people at AN and a whole lot more at otakon! Beware the boards are addictive!

Darth Takeo
03-28-2003, 06:38 PM
Hehe, ok, I'll keep that addiction warning in mind.

cyankirby
03-28-2003, 07:09 PM
Welcome! I'll be at Otakon as well. I'm meeting lots of new people there as well! Cons are a great place to meet new people! Have fun!

Darth Takeo
03-28-2003, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I want to meet some people before hand since it can be that much more fun.

nachtinis
03-28-2003, 08:53 PM
Dood I heard that that GERALD WHALEN is signing autographs during the Auto-Pink-Poodle-Slayer panel.

GERALD WHALEN - greatest poodle voicer ever.

Darth Takeo
03-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Umm ok.... Not familiar with Gerald Whalen

Radical Urd
03-28-2003, 11:08 PM
hihi!!!! Me names Cierra Seandylynna Princess Neko kittie Chan Chan (you can pick which name you want to call me). I hail from Pittsburgh PA, this will be my 5th time at otakon. I will be cosplaying as Eriya from Escaflowne, Seras from Hellsing, Aburetsubo from Magic Users Club and maybe Angel from KOF. If you see me lets talk okay?

Darth Takeo
03-29-2003, 01:01 AM
Nice to meet you Cierra (I picked the 1st name). Are you going to the con with a group or a few friends? I'm in a group of 4 including myself. This will be our 1st time attending all 3 days of the con so its gonna be cool.

Radical Urd
03-29-2003, 01:18 PM
a group??? Awwman.... I'm in a group of 17 people, plus the strange people from NJ who practically stay in our hotel. I can remember the good ol days when there was just me and my friend, now i have to drag all these moochers along!!! >_<
Sokay, I like the crowd. ^_^ We are getting there Thursday and leaving Monday, and yourself?

Darth Takeo
03-29-2003, 04:19 PM
We'll b arriving on Friday and leaving Sunday evening, mainly since B-more is only 1hr 45min away from where we all live.

I think it'd be cool to take a lot of people along like you are, well, as long as they pay their way of course, lol. You have a hotel set up? I made my reservation at the Radisson a week ago. Only 5 min from Con. Center so that works for us.

What's the age range in your group? Our little pack goes from 22, 24, 24, and 29 (I think...) We're all male, what's the gender count for you all?

Radical Urd
03-29-2003, 08:35 PM
well we booked for the Wyndym its our little tradition ^^. My group is prodiminatly female about 12 of them. The youngest one is 15 and the oldest is 28 i think. Sometimes its fun to have all these people buuuut all these girls oh god..... One word Catfight and we only have two showers and 6 beds.....
Anywho! Are you going in costume?

Darth Takeo
03-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Costumes? Yeah it took going to a few cons to realize half the fun is dressin' up. My costume is still in the works. My other friends' have theirs pretty much ready. I'm staying the same costume all 3 days with maybe a little tweaking each day, but same character.

You all have plans in the costume area?

nachtinis
04-08-2003, 12:06 AM
So yeah Im like Takeo's companion in most of these shennanigans, i make some of the costumes you see him in, but i gots lots more! Checkout GBprops.com and look for my Screenname.

Oh and as far as costumes go...
Day 1: This is my BOOM STICK
Day 2: I basically said them (the words)
Day 3: Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!

nachtinis
07-26-2003, 02:32 AM
I think that some ghosts will get busted