PDA

View Full Version : Oh God Help Me!

Megumifaith
03-27-2003, 08:23 PM
I'm cosplaying as Chun-Li for AX this year but i need help on making the wrist bands, any one got any tips for me? PLEASE. :eek:

marsie
03-27-2003, 08:26 PM
Do you have a picuture of the wrist bands? That would help. I can't remember all of Chun Li's Outfit. ^^;

Allia
03-27-2003, 08:43 PM
Yeah you should use Model Magic. Its very light weight. You can even make the spikes out of it. You can paint the stuff too. The only thing is that if you spray paint you should paint a few coats of acrylique first because the stuff is foam and spray paint eats away at foam(learned that one the hard way). If you do make it out of Model Magic make sure you can get your hand in and out or make two half circles and put velcro on the ends to keep them together(Now why did I not do this for Cammy costume?). I hope you understand what I mean. I did use Model Magic though for my Cammy costume but I did not do the half circle thing, I just thought of that one. The Model Magic is no mess clay like foam (except if it is a color type you might not want to wear anything white and you should use newspaper underneath it). The bad part about this stuff is that its like $4-$5 per package which is 4" by 6" by 1". Hope this helps and good luck on your costume. ^_~*

Raya
03-27-2003, 09:42 PM
We made a bunch of Chun-Li costumes for AX 2001. We got that really really thick foam from any fabric store (JoAnnes for us), and just cut it in the shape of the wrist bands, with a hole through the center, then hotglue black fabric onto the foam. The spikes were just paper cones covered with silver fabric.

http://amc.otakuoutpost.com/pictures/ChunLi Rainbow/chun-ashy2.jpg

that's what they looked like.

Raya
03-27-2003, 09:43 PM
ack! Sorry... cut and paste that URL into your browser... or just go here:

http://amc.otakuoutpost.com/pictures/ChunLi%20Rainbow/chun-ashy2.jpg

BTW- I don't take credit for that invention. That was all my sister, Allie's doing.

waynekaa
03-29-2003, 12:19 AM
Silly Ashy, you don't have to use up OO bandwidth, you can just make an attachement to your post and upload the picture directly, or upload it to your gallery and link that.
You have to do a full reply though, by using the post reply button instead of just the box at the bottom.