PDA

View Full Version : Halloween ^_^

Kurenai
08-14-2002, 02:11 PM
Halloween, for me, is just another excuse to cosplay, whether it be showing up to work or school or wherever in costume! I'm just curious, what are some of the things you guys have done on Halloween to show off your skillz?

Nadeshiko
08-14-2002, 02:28 PM
Let's see...I haven't done an anime character 'til Halloween 2000. I was Card Captor Sakura in the Platina costume. Some people I thought I was little bo peep and were like, "one of your socks is lower than the other." A few people recognized me....

Then I did Utena for the past two homecoming events in my high school. Why Utena? It was school / class of 02 colors. Decided to show my pride that way. I got my picture in the yearbook for doing such. *lol*

This Halloween, I'm probably either going to be Karen or Nadeshiko. Hm...what's the usual plan for bay area cosplayers during Halloween?

L to the 3rd
08-14-2002, 03:33 PM
I went to school as Squall, and everyone looked
at me like I was some freak..

Scoti
08-14-2002, 04:07 PM
because my school has a uniform we're not allow to dress up at all for halloween which sux....We were allowed to one year but only because Student Council said we could and that ended up with 3 people sent home for " Inappropriate costumes".. funny enough they were cosplaying O_o;

Celine
08-14-2002, 05:54 PM
Last year, we brought my friend (dressed as Vivi) to one of our classes. Since the entire class attended that day, the teacher was perplexed and couldn't figure out who he was, because he had a black mask covering his face. Every time she'd ask, we'd tell her, "Oh, it's just Vivi, don't mind him." That same day, my roommate held office hours dressed as Spike Spiegel.

L to the 3rd
08-14-2002, 06:03 PM
i was like the only one in costume..-_-; does anyone
else besides you all who dress up at school for
halloween..? i dunno if will do it this year.. cuz i was
like the only one!

BabySnowLeopard
08-14-2002, 06:58 PM
People at my school dress up... but not in any real *costumes* =P They just find whatever outrageous clothes they can find and throw it all together ^_^' and color their hair or something
Last year I wore a silver vinyl outfit with a short blond wig... and most people in my house didn't recognize me at first *lol* And some even asked me if I had really cut my hair short and dyed it blond ^_^' um. no. hehe

I'm really not sure what I'll do this year... we'll see ^o^ Geez, I cosplay so often, Halloween is like a break X_X a chance to wear some *other* kind of costume... someday, I'll make some really nice original costume for Halloween ^o^!!

~Kie

KuroBara
08-14-2002, 08:09 PM
I dressed as Misty from Pokemon to my church's Halloween party for children. Only one adult recognized me, they were like "Why are you wearing shorts, it's October?!" After that all of the kids would point and call me "that pokemon girl" when I walked into church. ^_^ It was so much fun making them happy.

This year, I don't know. It depends on the event my anime / sci-fi club has. Last year it was a vampire theme, we had a Buffy, Spike, Saia, and D. (I was Sailor Neptune, there was that Sailor Moon special "Chibi-Usa vs. the Vampires", right? LOL)

Ayaka
08-14-2002, 08:21 PM
BabySnowLeopard - where'd you get silver vinyl clothing? Where~?! I was playing Virtua Fighter 3 with my cousin this weekend, and I NEED KAGE'S PANTS. (Yes, he beat me cause I was too busy staring at people's costumes. ;P )

Well . . . being in college, people don't tend to dress up on Halloween. To parties, yes, but not like, in class. lol. But I may do it. I'll wear something weird, that's for sure, that's what I normally do . . . back in high school, I had this black t-shirt with glow in the dark evil eyes all over it; I wore that, black jeans, my neon green Converses, and some clip in green and orange braids. lol. Maybe I'll do j-rock day for myself this Halloween. ^^

Yggdrasil Pie
08-14-2002, 09:58 PM
Waii...Halloween, where I started to dress up as anime characters before I even knew about conventions... ^^;;;

Hmm...I remember a Halloween at school, I dressed up as Ayeka from Tenchi Muyo... People kept on saying I was "Mulan" ^^;;;;

It was cool though, some people acually recognized me!

Space Invader
08-14-2002, 10:31 PM
Huzzz... I've never cosplayed for Halloween before, but I'm going to this year *grin*. I either want to be Lulu from FFX, Hikaru from Angelic Layer, or Zelda from Legend of Zelda *duh*. I'm also hosting a Halloween party, which will be uber cool! Haha. I'm also making my dog a costume - since she's all white, fluffy, and small, I'm either going to make her an Ewok (from Star Wars - the psycho teddy bears, LOL) or a Moogle from FF. Hrmm... I'll have to mull over this a little more...

Tenshi
08-14-2002, 10:38 PM
College is the same here -- no one I know of dresses up. But since I'm taking, err, more artistic classes this semester, maybe I'll find other people who will dress up with me. I'm not brave enough to run around campus by myself in costume ^^;;. But if I do, I'll wear Deedlit. I'll definately find somewhere at night to dress up, but I just wish I could do it all day >.<.

Ayaka
08-14-2002, 10:55 PM
Gah . . . I hope I find a party . . . >.<;;; New school . . . not that I went to a Halloween party at my last school. >.<;;; again . . .

SPACE INVADER! Post pics of your dog in costume when you do it! lol I made my dog dress up as Supergirl one year. She didn't like it.

Celine
08-14-2002, 11:52 PM
Dude, I must go to the geekiest college ever. ^^ Last year, besides my four friends and I, at least 5 of my classmates, and a bunch of people walking around campus and in the computer clsutsers were in costume. There was even a dude dressed up like an instant lunch! XD And then... everyone has Halloween themed parties, which are always a blast!

Michi
08-15-2002, 01:55 AM
Halloween 99 was the first time I ever cosplayed. :D My friend Seri and I were Anthy and Utena. For 2000 I did Zell from FF8, last year I wore Kami from Malice Mizer... this year I think I'm gonna wear Kuja for a mini FF9 trio with friends. We're dorks. XD

Tashi Kione
08-15-2002, 02:01 AM
Lets see...I've done Sailor Venus, Sailor Moon and this year I'm probably going to school dressed as Kamiya Kaoru! ^_^ My boyfriend is going as Himura Kenshin *yay!*:bouncer:

Kurenai
08-15-2002, 01:06 PM
It's so cute when couples cosplay together ^_~

my $0.02: I usually dressed up when I was in HS, but I'm not sure whether I'll be doing it the day of in college..I know the anime club has a tiny masquerade though! ^^

Last year I went as Garnet to school...I think only 1 or 2 people knew who I was (a few of my friends that actually play RPGs.) Mostly I had the underclassmen asking me how I could wear orange spandex and not be paranoid...lol ^^;;;;;;;

Rosiel
08-15-2002, 01:12 PM
My first cosplay was a Haloween costume (anime Zoisite) and nobody knew who I was, even at my anime club! O_O;;;;

But my favorite Halloween story is last year when I dressed up in my Dragonslayer costume, with a twist... since Michel IS dead... I dressed as undead Michel... and I went to my aunt's to help her scare the neighbourhood kids witless. It was loads of fun. The ripped bloody pantleg (from when his Alseides crashed during his escape from Freid) was a big hit. ;)

Carmila
08-15-2002, 01:52 PM
Before Sailor Moon even came to the US, my friends had dared me to dress up as Sailor Moon (we are talking early 90's here!) and so I did. The best part was that I dress up like Usagi-chan (complete with the odongo and all) for school. People good a good laugh out of it.

However, I would have to say my best experience was for University Japanese class last year. I came dressed up as Akari Kanzaki in her school uniform (anti-gravity hair this time!) and there was a small riot! I have to say Cosplay for Halloween has been lots of fun for me and my friends!

Cait
08-15-2002, 05:34 PM
*laugh at the good times* Went as Daria (Daria Morgendorfer... long story) two years ago. Went as Mizuno Amo last year (It is a school uniform after all). Am trading out the white strip of cloth for a white tight shirt and going as Yuna this year.. to school at least. FFX is like a staple for my school's male gamer comunity now. I'm betting that one will get a little recognition.

BabySnowLeopard
08-16-2002, 02:14 AM
No Celine, *I* go to the geekiest college ever. This is probably a fact *LOL!!*

oh the silver vinyl outfit? ^_^' From the mall... from Wet Seal or something like that... it was a while ago.

~Kie

Ayaka
08-16-2002, 03:00 AM
Wet Seal, huh? Hmm . . . I never go in there, fashion scares me. oO;;;

Rosiel
08-16-2002, 09:48 AM
> I never go in there, fashion scares me. oO;;;

I always go there when I need new pants for Angel Sanctuary cosplays. They often have sales and you can get dirt cheap vinyl pants... and best of all they come in my size! *misty eyes* Wet Seal makes their clothes small so I always manage to find something that fits.

(I own so many clothes from there. ^____^)
(But then I love vinyl in all possible colors. LOL)

Speaking of annoyingly trendy stores, I bought boots at Hot Topic (online) and am still amazed the calf size is almost right! Boots in the US are generally made with huge calves so I can never wear them. ;___;

Am I way off-topic? Probably...

Celine
08-16-2002, 11:39 AM
I've honestly never shopped at Wet Seal... the stuff there is just not made for my figure. Hot Topic is great, as long as you check the sale racks. Vinyl dresses and catsuits and stuff... each for about $15!! :D I really like their boots, though I never noticed anything about the calves... I find some other interesting stuff, and boots, at Gadzooks, if any of you have that in your area.

Originally posted by BabySnowLeopard
No Celine, *I* go to the geekiest college ever. This is probably a fact *LOL!!*

Eh, there are *maybe* one or two schools as geeky as mine. :P

...oops, I'm off topic too...

Rosiel
08-16-2002, 12:27 PM
> Vinyl dresses and catsuits and stuff... each for about $15!!

Ooh I'll have to keep an eye out then since a Hot Topic just opened in a mall nearby... my problem with sales is that they tend to run out of small sizes...

>I find some other interesting stuff, and boots, at Gadzooks

Gadzooks? I'll have to do research since I love boot so much... >__> *interested*

Ayaka
08-16-2002, 01:23 PM
I have a *terrible* time finding small sizes! I'm average height, but uh, not so average in other directions . . . (don't be jealous, it's mostly cause of my health.) I only have one pair of vinyl pants as a result cause I can't find any that fit me. I actually finally had to try buying shorts in the boys' department . . . So I shall have to venture into Wet Seal.

And, I believe Aeris said at one point that you CAN'T be off topic in General. ^^

Rosiel
08-16-2002, 01:35 PM
> I have a *terrible* time finding small sizes!

Have you noticed how often they sell out if they even have the smaller size? That drives me nuts! I mostly have to buy my suits for work in Canada because women's clothes in the US tend to be too big for me. >__<

> it's mostly cause of my health.

Oh, my, I hope it's not too serious. *worried*
Health problems are the worst, I've been plagued by my carpal tunnel syndrome lately so I can relate.

> I actually finally had to try buying shorts in the boys' department . . .

You're skinnier than I am! I buy my clothes in the Junior's department, but in the girls section... I need space for my hips. ;)

Cait
08-16-2002, 01:38 PM
Boots in the US are generally made with huge calves so I can never wear them. ;___;

Excuse me? I have to wait to shoe shop this autumn until the three stores in the mall get their big shipments in because of the dozens of boots I tried on three days ago, I couldn't find one that had a calve that I could fit into... not even almost... and I'm not that fat! Y_Y

Ayaka
08-16-2002, 01:44 PM
> Have you noticed how often they sell out if they even have the smaller size? That drives me nuts! I mostly have to buy my suits for work in Canada because women's clothes in the US tend to be too big for me. >__<

Yes! It drives me insane . . .! I saw this cool pinstripe suit that I wanted (okay, okay, to you guys I can admit it was for a costume), but they didn't have the pants in my size!

> Oh, my, I hope it's not too serious. *worried*
Health problems are the worst, I've been plagued by my carpal tunnel syndrome lately so I can relate.

Yes and no. Chronic conditions, not life threatening, but still a serious pain in the "wazoo". :P Long story.

Cait - It's not a question of being fat. I think it's just, like, personally I have NO muscles in my calves, lol. Besides, people are all built differently, and as near as I can tell clothes and shoes aren't made to fit ANYONE.

Cait
08-16-2002, 01:59 PM
It's not a question of being fat. I think it's just, like, personally I have NO muscles in my calves, lol. Besides, people are all built differently, and as near as I can tell clothes and shoes aren't made to fit ANYONE.

*grin* You make me feel better! Actually... shoes are the only things that don't like me. I fit into most clothes... anybody else shop in the little boys' department? I wear a boys' medium.

Rosiel
08-16-2002, 02:27 PM
> clothes and shoes aren't made to fit ANYONE

It depends. There is this ONE store in Canada where I don't need to try out their suits. I walk in, pick a suit in size 3, and walk out.

They are made for me. Amazing.

Other than that... ;___;

> anybody else shop in the little boys' department? I wear a boys' medium.

I'm generally a girl's medium, although I own clothes in girls' small too. I guess it depends on the brand.

KuroBara
08-16-2002, 02:28 PM
My problem is height, I'm only 5'8", which isn't terribly tall, but I can never find pants that are small enough around the waist (I'm a size 8) and long enough! It's so frustrating.

Finding cute shoes without a giant heel is hard too. I don't want to be 6 feet tall, but that's the only way nice boots come! I have a great tan pair from Wet Seal with a good 3" platform.

I still browse the little kids department for t-shirts, I found such a cute Yu-gi-oh one there. I'm a kids med-large. (yeah...remember that post from the corset topic, lol!)

Rosiel
08-16-2002, 02:37 PM
> My problem is height, I'm only 5'8", which isn't terribly tall, but I can never find pants that are small enough around the waist (I'm a size 8) and long enough! It's so frustrating.

Shop in teenybopper stores. Pants with legs that drag on the floor are in, so you can hem them in to be the perfect length. ^___^ Plus, teenybopper stores are CHEAP!

> Finding cute shoes without a giant heel is hard too.

Especially in white.
White boots with normal heels are hell to find.

> I have a great tan pair from Wet Seal with a good 3" platform.

3" isn't that bad, rather average when compared to the platforms I see on white boots. LOL *will be giant Schuldig, but luckily our Brad is tall too so we'll dwarf Nagi and Farf*

Ayaka
08-16-2002, 02:53 PM
I wear a girl's large, I think. The only thing I've ever bought in the girl's department was this pair of pajama pants with flamingos on them, lol. I wear a boy's 14.

> Shop in teenybopper stores. Pants with legs that drag on the floor are in, so you can hem them in to be the perfect length. ^___^ Plus, teenybopper stores are CHEAP!

I'm so embarassed going into those stores, though. lol. In the boy's department I pretend I'm shopping for my little brother (haven't got one).

Cait
08-16-2002, 03:03 PM
I shop K-Mart, Walmart, and Target with an occasional Kohls. Oh yeah. Exciting stuff. Gah! You people are GIANTS! I'm 5'1"...never had a pair of short pants in my life. ^_^' (So I have no sugestions there.) Usually wear the 4" heeled boots just to be normal size.

Teenyboper stores are cheap?!?!?!

Cait
08-16-2002, 03:05 PM
I'm so embarassed going into those stores, though. lol. In the boy's department I pretend I'm shopping for my little brother (haven't got one).

I pretend I'm shopping for my imaginary son.

KuroBara
08-16-2002, 03:12 PM
> Shop in teenybopper stores. Pants with legs that drag on the floor are in, so you can hem them in to be the perfect length. ^___^ Plus, teenybopper stores are CHEAP!

Thanks for the advice. Sadly, the best place for me to find jeans is Abercrombie & Fitch. I have to wait for those to go on sale! It's like someone designed them just for me.

>Gah! You people are GIANTS! I'm 5'1"

*towers over Cait and cackles manaically* Actually, it's a downside to cosplaying, many female characters are pretty short in comparison to their male counterparts.

As for the boots, I tower over people enough, so an extra 3" is bad. But, they can deal with it, because I love my boots ^_^ I haven't tried shopping for white boots yet, but I'm considering cosplaying Athena( <-- points to avatar ) for the next Otakon, so I'll need a pair then. Maybe I can find a decent pair in a marching band catalog? They always seem to wear white boots.

Cait
08-16-2002, 03:23 PM
I haven't tried shopping for white boots yet, but I'm considering cosplaying Athena( <-- points to avatar ) for the next Otakon, so I'll need a pair then. Maybe I can find a decent pair in a marching band catalog? They always seem to wear white boots.
*laugh* Yes. Those darn white shoes that are so popular amongst the anime breed!

For some reason the costumes I pick I seem to luck out in the shoe area. I already had boots for Yuna that were ideal. I owned Ami's shoes. I had brown beaten up shoes for Malon.... and I just discovered an old pair of sandals in my closet las night that are almost exactly what I'd need for Dead Eryia. *laughs at the thought of band shoes* Then again..... It looks like my best bet for Marlene will be white ballet shoes. I should be quiet.

*towers over Cait and cackles manaically* Actually, it's a downside to cosplaying, many female characters are pretty short in comparison to their male counterparts.

Yes, well, tall tends to mean thin and even though I am young, I'm always asumed younger because of my height. It's great fun to be a midget at cons in con crowds, let me tell you. You're right, at least it add accuracy to my costumes... lots of anime girls don't even break the 5 foot barier... don't ask me to name them.

Now all I need is a male counterpart!

Ayaka
08-16-2002, 03:37 PM
http://www.howcool.com/ has $40 go-go style boots . . . which I tracked down for Silent Mobius costumes that may not ever be finished . . . but, I HAVE heard some bad stuff about the company.

Yeah, it's a pain, at 5'6" I'm too tall for your basic anime girl, and too short to be a very good guy. D'oh! lol. And I can't tower properly without big boots. *sigh* Well, I don't have trouble with pants length, though.

Rosiel
08-16-2002, 04:02 PM
> In the boy's department I pretend I'm shopping for my little brother

LOL I don't even try anymore. I'm going to start going through tuxedo shops to buy one for myself. I won't even try to lie. ^___^

But then I own so many men's suits I am used to it by now...

> I'm always asumed younger because of my height

I'm always assumed younger too... I guess I just don't look my age. ^___^

> Now all I need is a male counterpart!

LOL You can always look me up, I have trouble finding suitably short girls (and suitably tall guys too actually) for my cosplays. I generally choose characters who are the same height I am (170cm) but it's hard to find other to-scale people for groups. ^___^

> Maybe I can find a decent pair in a marching band catalog?

Those are generally old-fashioned though.
You can get FLAT white boots. Just no, say, 2 inch heels.

> but, I HAVE heard some bad stuff about the company.

My experience ended up in a refund. So I can't really say anything /good/... but I got my refund so I can't really say anything /bad/ either.

> 5'6" I'm too tall for your basic anime girl

You're about my size and that, my friend, is bishie-size. =) Most effeminate bishounen tend to be in the 5'6" to 5'8" range.

Carmila
08-16-2002, 04:39 PM
Boy! it must be nice to be so small! Compaired to you all I must be a freeking AMAZON! (he he) I am a hair shy of 6', wear a size 14 (rather hippy! Can't help it, I am Hungarian) and have a bust to match! The only problem is, I wear a size 8 shoe which is rather average for a very un-average person!

Ayaka
08-16-2002, 05:18 PM
> LOL I don't even try anymore. I'm going to start going through tuxedo shops to buy one for myself. I won't even try to lie. ^___^

Eventually I may get the guts to be like, "I'm buying boy's (and sometimes men's) clothes for myself and I'm proud of it! Look at me funny, and I shall discipline you with my steel-toe boots!" But not at the moment, lol.

Incidentally, if you are looking for white boots and happen to be in NYC, you can get them just a few blocks from the costume shop I prefer, there are several stores which sell some freaking awesome (very expensive) clothes, a few very good used clothes places, AND a boutique with a variety of white boots with big heels. ^^ Plus a number of places where a bunch of hip Japanese young people hang out . . .

>> 5'6" I'm too tall for your basic anime girl

> You're about my size and that, my friend, is bishie-size. =) Most effeminate bishounen tend to be in the 5'6" to 5'8" range.

Are they really? Awesome! ^___^ Aren't you like 5'10"? Then again, it could have been your boots . . . lol. And I only saw you briefly at AX.

Ayaka
08-16-2002, 05:21 PM
We wear the same shoe size, Carmilla. ^^ 6' is definitely tall . . . but, whenever I go out with my friend who's 5'11" and usually wearing big boots, people tend not to notice me, lol. Advantages to being tall!

Ah, BTW, 170cm is about 5'6". ^^ Guess it was the boots.

KuroBara
08-16-2002, 06:17 PM
>>Incidentally, if you are looking for white boots and happen to be in NYC, you can get them just a few blocks from the costume shop I prefer, there are several stores which sell some freaking awesome (very expensive) clothes, a few very good used clothes places, AND a boutique with a variety of white boots with big heels. ^^ Plus a number of places where a bunch of hip Japanese young people hang out . . .

Ooh, definitely post the address or e-mail it to me. I'm about an hour and a half outside NYC, and I was just in Chinatown buying bootleg dvds. If I can find them in a store, I can make sure they fit & avoid shipping costs. *perks up* costume...shop? All right, I know where I'm going if AXNY sucks. ^_~ thanks

psst...Carmila...Hungarians rock! I'm the oddball in my family, both physically and in my choice of hobbies & studies.

Ayaka
08-16-2002, 09:18 PM
Dangit . . >.< I know I have the addy somewhere. All I can find is the email of that costumer who did the panel at WW and said she'd answer anyone's questions; a Japanese Animate point card; the business card of a goth shop in Chicago; one from a comics shop in KY; and the card from Plastic Land. And my Visor is dead so I lost those addresses. AH, there, PLASTIC LAND! Down on Canal, a few blocks from Chinatown - pretty much right across the street from Pearl Art - there are THREE plastics supply shops. They have little jewels, and clear balls, and various colored squares (for what? who knows), and holographic sheeting, and all sorts of things. Plastic heaven. Plastic Land is 357 Canal, the others are in the same block. The good costume shop is called Halloween Adventure. There are others, but honestly, that one's my preference. If you go . . . dang what's that road. It's south of Union Square, same street as Cheap Jack's (vintage). I'll track down the address. The other shops are east of there. I'll bug my brother or something to find out where everything is. ^^ Or I could tell you where it is if you triangulate using the Starbuckses . . . heh. (You could though.)

Rosiel
08-17-2002, 01:22 PM
> Boy! it must be nice to be so small! Compaired to you all I must be a freeking AMAZON!

I always wanted to be tall... (the grass is greener...)

But I guess it's not in my blood, the French aren't known for their height. LOL

> Aren't you like 5'10"? Then again, it could have been your boots . . . lol. And I only saw you briefly at AX.

If you saw me as Rosiel in the long vinyl duster, I was on 5 inch boots. ^____^ And with the hat, I actually hit 6 feet tall. LOL

The characters I cosplayed are all between 170cm and 175cm, the unknown being Ramirez, but he did not look all that tall compared to the other characters... I'm going to break my own height rule come Ohayocon... and by a huge margin. >__< speaking of which, I wonder if Schuldig has an official height... I guess as long as I am shorter than Brad and taller than Farf and Nagi I am ok. ;)

Ayaka
08-17-2002, 02:12 PM
> If you saw me as Rosiel in the long vinyl duster, I was on 5 inch boots. ^____^ And with the hat, I actually hit 6 feet tall. LOL

Yep, that was the costume. lol I actually AM remembering right, that's amazing. lol.

> >__< speaking of which, I wonder if Schuldig has an official height... I guess as long as I am shorter than Brad and taller than Farf and Nagi I am ok. ;)

Not that I've heard. Besides, WK cosplayers are usually all over the map with height, lol. I've seen a very short Brad, lol.

Tenjou
08-17-2002, 03:01 PM
I dressed as Misty from Pokemon 3 years ago for Halloween. ^_^ People didn't mind since Pokemon was popular with everyone back then.

arisuchan
08-17-2002, 03:05 PM
To support our anime club, this past halloween some of us went to classes in costume. I wore my Shuichi costume (its from a pic where he has this big yellow bunny hat and paws) and got very mixed reponses. Someone actually asked me if i was from an anime and I was like yeah but you've never heard of it and he was like try me, and I said ok its gravitation *^^* and gave me a blank look and said you're right. Still it was fun cause i had my Yuki to glomp. And having big paws is really fun!

Tenjou
08-17-2002, 03:46 PM
I just noticed something. 0_0 I cosplayed and didn't even know it! XD I'm so thick sometimes.

Quies
08-18-2002, 12:51 AM
me and my friend went as sakura and tomoyo to her church halloween part...people kept asking if she was from sailor moon *shudder*.
we're also throwing a halloween party this year just so that we can cosplay as two of our charecters. three if you count our other friend.

Nadeshiko
08-18-2002, 03:51 AM
I'm glad to be out of high school. We had Nazis controlling the rules for costumes for school. The costume contests weren't all that great either. Usually the people who would win would be the guys dressed in the school uniforms. Not that I have anything against cross play, but if the same concept is being won over and over again it gets irritating.

Like ten years ago in my school, my godfather who teaches there said, "that it was anything goes...free to dress up anything you wanted." His words were true when I looked at yearbooks. There were some interesting costumes....such as guys who just went in boxers and very naughty schoolgirls. ^^

The rules have changed such as...

- can't dress up like the devil
- can't dress up anything in contradiction with the philosophy of the school
- costume must be able to fit in a desk (darn! can't go as Yojimbo)
- fishnet stockings not allowed
- weapons not allowed
- no backless outfits
- please wear shirts - no bare chests
- no hats

That's about it to my knowledge. However, the drama club people throw a masquerade party every year. Those rules are broken - and other school rules too.

*plug* http://tenrai.net/victoria/conventions/kowaiicon/index.htm *end plug*

Ayaka
08-18-2002, 11:46 AM
"No hats"? oO What the . . .

chibi_kitty
08-18-2002, 07:12 PM
I sadly remember my first halloween cosplaying.... I went as sailor comet.... my own sailor moon charactor. the next year (sadly still obsessed with sailor moon) I went as jun jun. it was lots of fun, that was last year *blushes*. I even glomped one of my guy friends..... thus my glomping frenzy began!
this year my friends and I are going to be witches... and we are going to have a party b/c we are too old for trick or treating (we range in age 15-17).

Ayaka
08-18-2002, 08:43 PM
15-17 isn't too old. I went trick-or-treating my senior year - which, technically, was my first cosplay experience. My friend and I went as the MOST GHETTO Mononoke cosplayers EVER. I had a dress, a sleeveless white shirt, and some brown legwarmers and claimed to be San, and he had a paper plate and said he was a kodama. XD But no one would have known who we were anyway . . . lol. I'd forgotten that! Senior year of HS, he asked me that day to go out that evening. We had a great time though. ^^

Kurenai
08-18-2002, 09:41 PM
::went trick or treating senior year:: Wait....now that I'm in college I suppose I should stop, huh.....;_; aww.

::must bother her friends to have a cosplay party.... 'I'm going as myself as an anime character!' not allowed!!!::

Carmila
08-19-2002, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the Hungarian Support! It is rough not only being tall but also having a big bone structure. Sometimes I feel like I am just going to squish others because of my size! (just kidding!)

Anywho, when I went as Sailor Moon, gads! it must have been 7 or so years ago (maybe longer) My friend went as her own made up Sailor (Sailor Omicron) and I will tell you it rocked! We looked so good together.

And BTW as long as you have not graduated College you are not too old to go trick-or-treating. My friends and I did it all the time in college, and sometimes they gave up cool stuff (pens, pencils, and lots of school stuff!) Ahh, the good old days!

kyuuketsuki
08-19-2002, 10:05 PM
Amazingly enough, I've never done cosplay for Halloween....I tend to use some odd clothing and/or make up and grab a few extras....like last years very nice fangs....really good stuff, the movie kind ^^
I feel like such a giant....ish closin on 5'9"...and thats not all...I've got huge feet (size 10) you try finding boots or casual shoes in that size without huge heels!!!!....and am big boned ;-; cuz of my hips I've never been below a size 14 in pants...and thanks to my stupid chest I can't go below a medium in shirts....stupid body....*giggles* ish funny tho...I haven't shopped in the juniors department of anything since I was like 10.....my family is full of freakishly tall people...my cousin's (they're bros) are both like 6'4"
*shrugs* oh well...i live

Carmila
08-20-2002, 03:52 PM
Makes you begin to question what is average, ne?

Rosiel
08-20-2002, 04:54 PM
> Makes you begin to question what is average, ne?

Well the average height for women in the US is, surprisingly, 5 feet 3. *feels tall all of a sudden*

kyuuketsuki
08-20-2002, 06:38 PM
>Well the average height for women in the US is, surprisingly, 5 feet 3. *feels tall all of a sudden*

gee, go and make us really tall people feel like giants...*laughs*

average is like normal, it's only a setting on the washing machine ^_~

Quies
08-20-2002, 07:47 PM
wow. i'm above average. my two best friends are a grade younger then me and they are both taller then me so they, the one mainly, always try to bug me about it. key word "try" but i'm about 5'5" so i really don't care. they say that they need to bug me though because i'm so evil.

Carmila
08-20-2002, 11:45 PM
I guess that makes all my friends and I bigger than average!
he he