PDA

View Full Version : DOA Groupness . . .

sakurachan61123
12-02-2006, 10:29 PM
As most of you know . . . Pink Spider and I are DOA freaks and now seem to have made it tradition to cosplay DOA every year. We lost our Lei Fang two years ago and I was personally wondering if anyone would like to fill the spot . . . if not oh well . . . but it would be great to have a Lei Fang back in action! Post it here or PM me with any questions! BAI BAI!

~Hunter~

Eurobeat King
12-02-2006, 11:33 PM
As most of you know . . . Pink Spider and I are DOA freaks and now seem to have made it tradition to cosplay DOA every year. We lost our Lei Fang two years ago and I was personally wondering if anyone would like to fill the spot . . . if not oh well . . . but it would be great to have a Lei Fang back in action! Post it here or PM me with any questions! BAI BAI!

~Hunter~

Woo-Hoo! ;) Glad to see you're starting the DOA thread for NDK 2007 rather than let me handle it for once. Your friend who cosplayed Lei Fang wore her last year, so it's only been one year, right?

I'll most likely cosplay DOA again with you girls next year, although not sure which costume of Jann Lee I'll be wearing. But I'll keep you posted. And dammit, we need to finally get the DOAX gathering going in 2007! :D

Pink Spider
12-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Hunter,

I want to say we should allow any DOA cosplayers. Maybe just a band of girls! xD I think we should have more than just the three.

Lady Neese
12-03-2006, 07:05 PM
I know what you mean DOA is an addiction. I've already started on my next Lei Fang outfit, its her red and white shirt and pants outfit from DoA4. So I'll be around.

sakurachan61123
12-11-2006, 12:27 PM
oh yay! I like that one. I think I got Nicole doing Lei Fang as well. We need a Tina and a Helena really bad . . . we've had each of them once.

I wanna see like . . . what bikini's are in DOAX 2. If I can't see them . . . I'm gonna buy an official one off the website. Tee hee . . . now I have to come up with 160 dollars for it lol.

I don't know what Kasumi outfit I'll be doing. Britt and I were thinking about the gym outfits where they have the shirt with their name on it and then kinda like spankies under it . . . . or the XBOX ones because pretty much everyone has one of those outfits on DOA Ultimate I think it is. I don't know. I kinda wanna do the black one with gold flowers, but Imma go look some more! Yay for Kasumi goodness!

If anyone finds a gallery with all of the costumes from 4 . . . that would be awesome. Or someone can take pictures if they have it themselves . . . that would make me love you forever. . . . and some more.

Tenkage-chan
12-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Edited by Tenkage-chan, 06/21/07

Sakurachan61123: Kasumi
Pink Spider: Hitomi
Eurobeat King: Jann Lee
Lady Neese: Lei Fang
Tenkage-chan: Helena
AllyFaSally: Tina
Lilacwire: Ayane or Tina
Red Ribbon: Brad Wong
~H~: Lei Fang

So far, I've listed only those who have posted. Let me know if I need to make changes!

sakurachan61123
12-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Yay! That would be awesome! Now we need a Tina . . .

Eurobeat King
12-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Yay! That would be awesome! Now we need a Tina . . .

I can ask my friend Heather to see if she can join the DOA group, and if she wouldn't mind cosplaying Tina. She has dark hair, and has cosplayed Lei Fang before when she used to cosplay, she has worn blonde wigs before. So since she's trying to get back into cosplay, I'll ask her if she doesn't mind being the Tina for the group. :)

sakurachan61123
12-18-2006, 11:10 AM
oki doki. sounds good to me. I might be able to bring a Hayabusa . . . it depends on how well I make his costume though. He said he won't wear it if I make the head dress thing look funny . . . so I guess I have my work cut out for me XD but we might have one!

AllyFaSally
12-31-2006, 03:22 AM
hey if you guys need to Tina I'd gladly do it =) I was suppose to do her this year but I ended up not beeing able to be at NDK that much

Tenkage-chan
01-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Thread revival! Not that it's really necesary, 'er nuthin'.

sakurachan61123
01-22-2007, 02:42 PM
yes it is what're you talking about? Anyways . . .I kinda think we should work on getting more guys in the group . . . we have a face load of girls . . . I think we have 2 XD

Eurobeat King
01-23-2007, 12:26 AM
yes it is what're you talking about? Anyways . . .I kinda think we should work on getting more guys in the group . . . we have a face load of girls . . . I think we have 2 XD

Hey, if I'm the only DOA guy in the gathering, like I have been the last 2 years, I'm not going to mind! :bigtu: I look forward to wearing my new Jann Lee at NDK this year with you girls. If I pull off my DOAX J-Lee (at AX this summer) I could wear it IF you finally decide to get a DOAX gathering going at NDK 2007..

Tenkage-chan
01-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Hey, if I'm the only DOA guy in the gathering, like I have been the last 2 years, I'm not going to mind! :bigtu: I look forward to wearing my new Jann Lee at NDK this year with you girls. If I pull off my DOAX J-Lee (at AX this summer) I could wear it IF you finally decide to get a DOAX gathering going at NDK 2007..

I still have my Merrow suit.

sakurachan61123
02-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I need to buy the suit but since I'm doing drum corps this year I don't wanna spend $160 on a swimming suit, lose all my fat, then not fit into the damn thing when I come back.

Tenkage-chan
02-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Okay, tentative change of plans, for me. I'm gonna try and do Helena's C-1 from DOA4, if I can pull it off. I've never seen anyone on Cosplay do it, and I've always thought it looked cool. Here's hoping I can do it!

sakurachan61123
03-18-2007, 01:51 AM
whoo! Get 'em Tenkage! I don't know what one I'm going to be doing considering I'll have a month to work on costumes when I come back from drum corps . . . I might bring back an old one . . . or something. Maybe the white one again to give it some ummmmm smexy time? Idk . .. . I might do the gym class one with Britt. We'll have to see.

Tenkage-chan
03-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Bleehhh... I just saw myself in a catsuit for the first time in four years... Time to say good-bye to my carb-filled diet, and hello to long days of agony. Better start now, or I won't be able to pull the Helena cosplay off, let alone Yuri.

sakurachan61123
04-24-2007, 08:12 PM
lol. I have to do that all this summer. Imma come back all tan and buff >.> I don't get to have soda for 3 months.

lilacwire
04-28-2007, 02:37 AM
I'm still trying to drag my guy in as Brad Wong. And I hope to have a new costume too; not sure if it'll be Ayane or Tina, just to try something different.

sakurachan61123
05-06-2007, 09:51 PM
I wanted to do that too by being Christine but I don't think I would do well as her . . . plus . . . I like Kasumi too much lol. I'm trying to get more guys in the group as well. I'm trying to pull in a Hayabusa.

Tenkage-chan
05-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Helena's underway!! If I can, I'll even do the spiffy coat she wears on the cover. I'm such a dork, I'm even practicing my opera singing. :p

Red Ribbon
06-02-2007, 10:54 PM
yeah i might do brad wong cause he does drunken style and i know how to move like him i will do his second outfit on doa4 with the hat if i do cosplay him if i have enough time.

Tenkage-chan
06-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Hey, anyone up for attempting the DOAX shoot again? Since I'm doing Helena, I was thinking of either buying the Amaterasu suit, or matching one of her others, as best I can.

Eurobeat King
06-14-2007, 10:49 AM
I talked with ~H~ and she'll most likely bring her Lei Fang costume (the black skirt & top one from DOA1) that she's worn before. :) So I'll pair up with her as Jann Lee. Although my black & gold one would match her, I've brought that to the last 2 NDK's, so I'll be bringing my new purple & white one which I've only worn at Katsucon (and soon at AX) I'll tell Heather about this thread and hopefully she'll reply to chat with all of you ladies!

~H~
06-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi Everyone ^_^ (Thanks for the link Al!)

I just recently joined Cosplay.com. I haven't cosplayed in years, but I have been attending NDK as a guest artist. (My husband Jason and I did some t-shirt, badge, and program book art for them last year ^_-.)

When I saw Al there he mentioned the DOA gathering, and invited me to join you this year. After reading the thread, it sounds like you already have a Lei Fang. I certainly don't want to cut in on anyone, so if that slot is taken it's no big deal......but if there's still room for one more I would enjoy getting some pics with you ladies (and Al ^_-).

Now I just need to convince my husband that it's okay for me to run around in pleather shorts @_@.

Eurobeat King
06-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Hi Everyone ^_^ (Thanks for the link Al!)

I just recently joined Cosplay.com. I haven't cosplayed in years, but I have been attending NDK as a guest artist. (My husband Jason and I did some t-shirt, badge, and program book art for them last year ^_-.)

When I saw Al there he mentioned the DOA gathering, and invited me to join you this year. After reading the thread, it sounds like you already have a Lei Fang. I certainly don't want to cut in on anyone, so if that slot is taken it's no big deal......but if there's still room for one more I would enjoy getting some pics with you ladies (and Al ^_-).

Now I just need to convince my husband that it's okay for me to run around in pleather shorts @_@.

No problem, H. I've only seen your LeiFang in pictures and I hope to see you wear her at NDK so I may take pictures of you and with you (as J-Lee) :) I don't think the ladies will mind there being duplicate characters, as last year we had 2 Ayane's (lilacwire & Tenkage-chan) so duplicate Lei Fang's won't be a problem. Haha if there are 2 L-Fang's we can do the tug-of-war for Jann Lee picture! :D So the more characters the merrier, I say!

Tenkage-chan
06-14-2007, 04:58 PM
~H~: Are you kidding?? We always need another Lei Fang! The more DOA, the better!!

~H~
06-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Cool, thanks guys ^_^. I'm hoping to have some photos of my Lei Fang up here soon. I'll let you know when that happens.

On that note, I'd enjoy getting a sneak preview of everyone else's costumes! Do any of you have pics of your DOA stuff on here yet? If so, please link me up ^_-.

Tenkage-chan
06-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Not me, not yet. Maybe soon, though. I need to finish taking in my bodysuit, and paint the sides. Not only that, but I still need to buy more material and the pattern for the coat. I commissioned the wig, though. At least I have my boots for it!

Eurobeat King
06-16-2007, 03:21 AM
Cool, thanks guys ^_^. I'm hoping to have some photos of my Lei Fang up here soon. I'll let you know when that happens.

On that note, I'd enjoy getting a sneak preview of everyone else's costumes! Do any of you have pics of your DOA stuff on here yet? If so, please link me up ^_-.

Oooo.. please show us the pics when you take them, H. :)

Ahhh, my new Jann Lee i wore for the first time at Katsucon back in February, but I need to work on some parts before I wear it again at AX in 2 weeks. I need to fix the pants cuffs which are too long, and I have to make a larger karate-belt/sash. I just hope I can finish making alterations to it before the con arrives.. :thumbsup: I'll find a picture from Katsucon (Day 1) and post it here tomorrow or so.

Lady Neese
06-17-2007, 02:02 PM

Are you kidding! The more people the better!! ^.^ Besides we can pose together and get some really cool pictures!

~H~
06-18-2007, 02:36 AM
Thanks Lady Neese ^_^.

I've just uploaded some photos of my Lei Fang. Unfortunately the lighting was really harsh when these were taken, but at least you can see the costume.

http://members.cosplay.com/costume/94368/

Tenkage-chan
06-18-2007, 12:06 PM
~H~; Hot damn! You make an amazing Lei Fang! I'm jealous! Now, we totally have to do tag-team shots together, since I'm doing Helena!

Same to Lady Neese, I'd love to do some tag-team pictures with you, if you're interested?

Eurobeat King
06-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks Lady Neese ^_^.

I've just uploaded some photos of my Lei Fang. Unfortunately the lighting was really harsh when these were taken, but at least you can see the costume.

http://members.cosplay.com/costume/94368/

Awesome costume, H.! Thanks for taking pictures for us to see! :) Now I can't wait for NDK so I may take solo pictures of you and tag-team pictures!

I'll most likely bring BOTH Jann Lee costumes, cos my black & gold one will match more with yours. But I'll probably take pics with you when I'm wearing my new J-Lee costume also. ;)

Lady Neese
06-18-2007, 10:48 PM
~H~; Hot damn! You make an amazing Lei Fang! I'm jealous! Now, we totally have to do tag-team shots together, since I'm doing Helena!

Same to Lady Neese, I'd love to do some tag-team pictures with you, if you're interested?

I second that! You make a kick ass Lei Fang. ^.^

I'd love to take photos with you Tenkage! Whoo-hoo group photos!

~H~
06-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks so much everyone *^^*. I'm really hoping I'll be able to join you all. Please let me know when you've got photos of your DOA costumes online! I look forward to checking them out ^_-.

Eurobeat King
06-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks so much everyone *^^*. I'm really hoping I'll be able to join you all. Please let me know when you've got photos of your DOA costumes online! I look forward to checking them out ^_-.

I showed you the pics of my new c2 one from Katsucon, and have to fix it a little before AX next weekend.. gahhhhh. But I plan to take a lot more at AX so I'll post some when I return. Wish me well for the gathering there. (PinkSpider, i wish you could still bring Hitomi for DOA and/or DOAX! you're actually going to AX!!! you can't miss out!)

everyone: since ~H~ has a table in the artist alley, what do you all think of having the gathering inside the gazebo as well? We can take pictures of our group in the hotel lobby like previous years, and then go attack ~H~ at her booth if she can't leave the table? :D

I do recall there being some space for pictures, and our group won't be too big, which is mostly the case. :razz:

~H~
06-21-2007, 12:36 AM
Yes! Both the black and purple Jann Lee outfits look great!!! Good luck at AX ^_^.

Tenkage-chan
06-21-2007, 07:24 AM
Table-attacking sounds good to me! I would've had a table, too, but I waited too long, and they were all sold out! As for our group size, we should really get a "cast list" going. I'll go and modify an earlier post of mine.

~H~
06-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Thanks Tenkage-chan ^_^. I didn't know you were an artist! You'll have to send me your portfolio link (if you have one online).

On a related note, I recently emailed NDK offering to help-out with any cosplay related panels that might need an extra person. I'm hopeful that being on a panel like that will give me a good excuse to wear Lei-Fang ^_-. Is anyone here planning a cosplay panel? If so, would you be open to having an "old-skool" panelist on board?

I know that most people aren't familiar with my work/credentials nowadays, so I'd certainly be willing to PM them to anyone who's interested to have me ^_^.

Tenkage-chan
06-21-2007, 08:20 PM
I've amended my first post on the thread to list who's cosplaying who. Please check it, and let me know if I need to correct something.

~H~: Unfortunately, I don't have a site for my art (yet). Buuut, I'll pro'lly be bringing my portfolio and sketchbook to NDK, regardless. I do have a couple pieces on Deviant Art, though.

~H~
06-23-2007, 11:36 PM
~H~: Unfortunately, I don't have a site for my art (yet). Buuut, I'll pro'lly be bringing my portfolio and sketchbook to NDK, regardless. I do have a couple pieces on Deviant Art, though.

Would you send me a link? Please PM me if we're not suppossed to post it here ^_^.

On a side note, thanks for doing the list!

Eurobeat King
06-24-2007, 03:27 AM
Yes! Both the black and purple Jann Lee outfits look great!!! Good luck at AX ^_^.

OK, then i'll besure to take pics with you in both Jann Lee costumes, but more so with the black & gold one. :) It's not hard to change costumes, since it's only his hair, shoes, and wristbands that remain the same in both costumes.

I'll wear the purple one mainly for the gathering with the other girls. ;)

Tenkage-chan
06-27-2007, 11:27 PM
A shout-out to all mah DOA girlies! Would anyone be up for a DOA movie gathering?? It's just been released in theaters (only 4 months late), and I was thinking we could do a cosplay movie outing together, in Denver, this Saturday! Anyone up for it??

(Oh, yeah. And I just got my Helena wig! I commissioned it from the wonderful Kukkii-san! It's gorgeous!!)

~H~
07-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Eurobeat- Excellent! The more Jann Lee the better ^_-.

Tenkage- *GAH* I'm so sorry I missed the movie outing >_<. Where is the movie playing anyway? Were you able to get a group together?

Eurobeat King
07-18-2007, 03:12 PM

Tenkage- *GAH* I'm so sorry I missed the movie outing >_<. Where is the movie playing anyway? Were you able to get a group together?

My costume got a teensy-bit damaged this past weekend at Sac-Anime, but it can be easily fixed before I wear him again at NDK. :)

I'm guessing the movie's already come & gone in your area, since it was only limited-release, and was only playing for a week in my city. :razz: Maybe it'll be out on DVD by the time NDK arrives.

Tenkage-chan
07-18-2007, 05:56 PM

Yeah, we never got together. Nobody messaged me about it, so I didn't go to see it. :walkoff: That's okay, though. I'm Ren-festing this Saturday. And I think EBK's right, I think it's come & gone. Which sucks! I really wanted to see it in the theater!

~H~
07-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Ah well, I like DVDs ^_^. Besides, my sofa is much comfier than theater seats.

Hope you have a marvelous time at the Ren-fest!

sakurachan61123
07-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Just to let everyone know, I'm not sure if we're gonna have a Tina or not. She's unsure about going this year >.> so yeah. Idk. Sorry I haven't been on in forever and a half! I've been on tour this summer getting super tan and losing about 30 pounds >.> it's kinda scary how much weight I've lost in two months. But yes! I think Imma bring back the white Kasumi I did a few years back. Idk though. Should I bring that one back or bring the blue one?

Btw . . . ~H~ . . . you are an amazing Lei Fang! I TOTALLY want pictures with you!

sakurachan61123
07-26-2007, 06:18 PM
ok. I take that back. I'm not doing either of those. Britt and I are gonna do the gym uniforms~

~H~
08-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks sakurachan!!! You make a very pretty Kasumi *_*. I really hope I'll be able to get some pics with you, and everyone else too!

Congrats on the tan and weight-loss! What kind of tour were you on?

Eurobeat King
08-02-2007, 07:56 PM
I really hope I'll be able to get some pics with you, and everyone else too!

I'll be changing into Jann Lee around 6:00pm on Friday. My last private photoshoot for the day is 5pm, so I should be done by 6, at which I'll change. So if everyone is okay with having the gathering around.. 6:30pm on Friday would that work? there should still be good light outside for some outdoor pics. :) What does everyone think of that time for the gathering?

Pink Spider
08-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Crap. There might be slight complications.

The Jrock photoshoot might be on Friday night. I can't say what time...I'm hoping a little later in the evening. Either way...the transformation from Jrocker to Hitomi or vise versa is a difficult one. xD haha.

Tenkage-chan
08-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I have no table, this year, so almost any time's good for me.

Lady Neese
08-02-2007, 09:51 PM
I have the JRock shoot down for 7:00pm on Friday night in the gatherings thread.

Eurobeat King
08-03-2007, 12:36 PM
I have the JRock shoot down for 7:00pm on Friday night in the gatherings thread.

darn, that won't work. hmm.. any other suggestions as to when to have the DOA gathering? I don't want to have it too late in the evening since I usually don't cosplay during that time.

oh, btw, I found out that the DOA movie comes out on DVD on Teusday, September 11th so it'll be available right before NDK starts. :) I plan to bring my copy to watch on the plane-ride.

keikana
08-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Hello DOA-ers (if that's errh.. a term or not)! Popping into this thread!

I was hoping to possibly set up a general Fighting Game shoot/gathering Friday evening, either 5 pm or later in the evening after the Jrock gathering. It just dawned on me that "hey! DOA is a fighting game, too! Mebbe they'd want in on this crossover ackshun!" so I thought I'd come see if anyone was interested since the time is still up in the air ;D I'm discussing the details of it over in the Guilty Gear thread right now.

-Meggie

Tenkage-chan
08-03-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm partial to crossovers, but I thought the J-Rock gathering was at 7?

Lady Neese
08-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Yeah she was saying either have the shoot at 5pm or later in the evening after the JRock shoot like 8 or so. Personally I vote for 5pm.

Eurobeat King
08-04-2007, 03:51 AM
Hmm.. if you all decide to have the gathering at 5:00pm on Friday, then I'll be there to take pictures and not be in-costume. I can also ask my friends who have the 5:00pm photoshoot (LadyHoshi & Purelovely) to delay our photoshoot until later (after 6:00pm) so that I can participate with you all. :) They should be okay with it but I'll ask them nonetheless.

~H~: I still would like to get pictures with you as Lei Fang & Jann Lee, so hopefully you'll remain in-costume after 6:00pm Friday so if anything we can take pair pictures.

Eurobeat King
08-08-2007, 03:28 PM
I talked to LadyHoshi & PureLovely, my 5:00pm photoshoot, and they're okay with having our photoshoot later, so I can make it to the DOA gathering at 5:00pm on Friday if that's when you all plan to have it. :)

I might be a little late cos when I finish my 4:00pm photoshoot, I'll go change and it does take a little bit to do the hair for Jann Lee. ;) I should be ready around 5:15pm or so.

So 5:00pm sounds good for everyone?

Tenkage-chan
08-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Sounds good to me. ^__^

~H~
08-10-2007, 12:49 PM
5pm works for me ^_^. Where shall we meet up? Perhaps somewhere outside? I think photos usually come out looking better in natural light (though Al's the expert on that front ^_-).

Eurobeat King- Staying a little after 6pm shouldn't be a problem. I'd enjoy getting some pair pics with you.

Eurobeat King
08-10-2007, 12:57 PM
5pm works for me ^_^. Where shall we meet up? Perhaps somewhere outside? I think photos usually come out looking better in natural light (though Al's the expert on that front ^_-).

Eurobeat King- Staying a little after 6pm shouldn't be a problem. I'd enjoy getting some pair pics with you.

Last year we took the group/gathering pictures inside the hotel lobby, and then went outside for pair & solo pics. Here's some examples:

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=56110&member=18

So we could meet in the lobby first and pose for some pictures, and then head outside to take more group pics and then I'll take some pair poses, fighting poses, and then some solos of everyone.

H: We'll use that time (and lighting) to take pics of us while we're out there. Everything should be done by 6:00pm, as I'll want to change out of Jann Lee before my last photoshoot at 7:00pm. I might keep the hair up, tho. haha :razz:

Tenkage-chan
08-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Sounds good!

Well, I've finally put up some progress pics of my Helena. Lousy shots, but it shows what I've got, so far. Anyone wants to see the pics, they're in my gallery. (I apologize for their horrendous-ness beforehand.)

Eurobeat King
08-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Well, I've finally put up some progress pics of my Helena. Lousy shots, but it shows what I've got, so far. Anyone wants to see the pics, they're in my gallery. (I apologize for their horrendous-ness
beforehand.)

It looks good! Can't wait to see your finished Helena! Nice that we'll have a little variety this year with the DOA girls.

I need to fix-up my costume a little, since it took some minor damage after Sac-Anime. I just have to remember to fix it before NDK arrives. :thumbsup:

~H~
08-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Tenkage-chan- Looking very sexy! I especially like the boots and bow ^_-.

Eurobeat- Sounds excellent!

Eurobeat King
08-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Oh, it just occured to me that while we're having our DOA gathering at 5:00pm, there's also the Fighting-Game gathering happening at the same time. Are we all interested in joining that? or are we just going to do our own DOA gathering by ourselves? I don't mind posing for a few group pics with the other fighting-game people, but when it's time for us to our own gathering, we can always excuse ourselves and go elsewhere. Sometimes these crossover gatherings can take a while and sometimes get out of hand in-terms of picture-ideas & poses.

What does everyone else think?

Tenkage-chan
08-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Well, maybe we can do our own DOA thing first, then cruise on over afterwards? If it takes while, then it should still be going on, when we're done.

Eurobeat King
08-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Well, maybe we can do our own DOA thing first, then cruise on over afterwards? If it takes while, then it should still be going on, when we're done.

hehe I might take a while with our DOA gathering. ;) Being more a hard-core DOA fan, I want to concentrate on taking pics of our group primarily (since I'm also cosplaying with you ladies.) I do wish to take pics of the CvS, GGX, etc. people too, so it'd be nice to meet up with them first. That's just a suggestion, of course.

keikana
08-16-2007, 07:40 PM
x3 I can always move the General Fighting Game shoot forward a half hour or something so that the DOA gathering is sort of a separate affair, if you'd like...?

Eurobeat King
08-17-2007, 02:18 AM
x3 I can always move the General Fighting Game shoot forward a half hour or something so that the DOA gathering is sort of a separate affair, if you'd like...?

no no.. you don't have to change it, since it's a good time to host everyone who's there for the fighting-game gathering. I'm not sure how big the other groups (SF, KOF, GG, etc.) will be, and I know our DOA group won't be too big. So I think everyone getting together at 5:00pm would be fine. Besides, I'm going to finish up my 4:00pm photoshoot after 4:30pm and then I have to hustle and change into my costume to be ready at 5:00. :thumbsup:

~H~
08-17-2007, 11:43 AM
I'd enjoy seeing all the different fighting character costumes ^_^. Is that group converging in the lobby as well?

keikana
08-17-2007, 11:48 AM
I'd enjoy seeing all the different fighting character costumes ^_^. Is that group converging in the lobby as well?

Hadn't set a place yet. Lobby would be just swell, though XB

sakurachan61123
08-20-2007, 10:14 AM
DANG it! I was kinda thinking about maybe doing two fighting game costumes but yeah . . . it's always been a thing to do DOA so DOA it is! I'm down with whatever time.

~H~ thank you for the Kasumi compliments ^-^ I was on a drum a bugle corps tour and yeah . . . when you run around for 12 hours a day with a 25 pound tuba and you're in the sun the whole time . . . losing 30 pounds and getting a supa bad tan happens lol ^.^

Tenkage-chan
08-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Question: And I'm sure I've brought this up numerous times- What about DOAX?? Do we have any plans for it? I decided to go ahead, break down, and buy one of the Tecmo suits ('cuz I really like Helena's Amaterasu). ANd I think Sakura-chan might be bringing a suit... anybody else?

Eurobeat King
09-06-2007, 04:35 AM
A week to go, and I decided to make a list of those who are potentially (but not necc.) going to join us for the DOA gathering:

Eurobeat King : Jann Lee
sakurachan61123 : Kasumi
Tenkage-chan : Helena
Lady Neese : Lei Fang
~H~ : Lei Fang
Red Ribbon : Brad Wong (?) (hasn't posted in a while)

sakurachan61123 tells me that Pink Spider won't make it in-time for the DOA gathering *sniff* :blubber:

Still, the gathering should be good, so see you and your costumes at the con!

lilacwire
09-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Yah yah, no Ayane costume for me this year, and no more guy - thus no more Brad Wong. It just wasn't in the cards!! You are all going to be wonderful, though!!

I have a few DOAX suits I could bring. If there is interest, I could be there...just not on Saturday.

Tenkage-chan
09-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Yah yah, no Ayane costume for me this year, and no more guy - thus no more Brad Wong. It just wasn't in the cards!! You are all going to be wonderful, though!!

I have a few DOAX suits I could bring. If there is interest, I could be there...just not on Saturday.

We'd love to have you, in any form, Lilacwire! ^__^ I know that Sakurachan and I are definitely getting pictures of our suits, we just haven't set a time yet. We could make plans for Sunday, if you'd like?

Eurobeat King
09-07-2007, 12:48 PM
lilacwire: awww.. sorry to hear you won't be joining us this year for DOA. But there's always DOAX if it happens. :)

So again, here's the list of DOA cosplayers that we have:

Eurobeat King : Jann Lee
sakurachan61123 : Kasumi
Tenkage-chan : Helena
Lady Neese : Lei Fang
~H~ : Lei Fang

Again, it looks like I'm going to be the only DOA-guy in the gathering. Not that I mind, however.. haha :D

Lady Neese & ~H~ : Remind me to ask you two ladies to do the tug-of-war pose on Jann Lee. ;)

See you all next week!

lilacwire
09-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Sure, plans for Sunday sound great. XD What time?

sakurachan61123
09-08-2007, 04:38 AM
make it early in the day please? I have Dragon Country Sakura to run around in on Sunday and I've worked on that costume a lot . . . lots of money . . . lots of time and I REALLY want good time in it.

Tenkage-chan
09-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Early, huh? Sooo, should we aim for 9-ish, then?

Eurobeat King
09-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Early, huh? Sooo, should we aim for 9-ish, then?

hmm.. Sunday 9:00am for DOAX? I have a photoshoot at 9:00am, but should be done around 9:30ish. If you are ready by then, I can meet you for photos.

Tenkage-chan
09-10-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm okay with that- around 9:30 sound okay for you two ladies? ((I know I can just wake Sakurachan up, if I have to. Heh. >:3))

And! As of this moment, Helena and all my other cosplays are %100 done!! Kagome, long done. Rydia, touched up and prettied- done! Cassa from BBB- done! Helena, totally done! Outfit, swimsuit, and all!!! I even made her nifty coat from the cover/ending, pockets and everything! Now, I can start packing! Woo-hoo!

~H~
09-10-2007, 02:42 PM
DOAX sounds like much fun! No swimsuits for me, but I'll look forward to seeing the photos ^_^.

Sorry to hear you can't make it Lilacwire, I was looking forward to seeing your Ayane in person.

It sounds like our group will be a small one, so it's probably good that we'll have lots of other videogame characters around to interact with.

Al: Prepare to be tugged ^_-.

Eurobeat King
09-11-2007, 01:12 AM
It sounds like our group will be a small one, so it's probably good that we'll have lots of other videogame characters around to interact with.

Al: Prepare to be tugged ^_-.

Again, if our group is ready to go at 5:00pm, we'll take some pictures inside the hotel lobby and if the other fighting-game cosplayers will also be ready, we'll pose with them. Afterwards then we'll go outside and do our DOA group photoshoot. I'm sure our DOA group will get overshadowed by the other fighting-game series, but we'll do our best to represent Tecmo! ;)

~H~: I am prepared to be tugged, get @$$-kicked, lay the smack-down, and pimp-it-up with you and LadyNeese at my LeiFang pair! :skidude2:

keikana
09-12-2007, 08:15 AM
I'm sure our DOA group will get overshadowed by the other fighting-game series, but we'll do our best to represent Tecmo! ;)

This is depending on how many fighting game characters I can wrangle up on Friday XD! As it stands right now, DOA has more confirmed people showing up than any other game series, hehe :B

Eurobeat King
09-12-2007, 01:45 PM
As it stands right now, DOA has more confirmed people showing up than any other game series, hehe :B

No wayyyyy! :eek: Our group of 4 or 5 DOA people?? I usually see lots of CvS cosplayers at cons, and also a good amount of Guilty Gear and Soul Caliber also. DOA is the game that's not cosplayed as much (these days) at cons.

Oh, anybody buy the DOA live-action movie on DVD on Tuesday? I picked up mine and started to watch it again, with it being wide-screen and all. :D After watching the really bad Jet Li/Jason Statham movie "War", with the lack of fight-scenes in it, "DOA" is actually not so bad a film. Devon Aoki as Kasumi has a much better role and kicks more @$$ in DOA than she did in "War" :razz:

Tenkage-chan
09-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Not yeeeeet, but I'll be getting it tomorrow, though!! We're planning on hitting Colorado Mills before heading to the hotel, so I'll grab it then. I'm bringing my laptop and portable DVD player, so all should be well. ^__^

~H~
09-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all the DOA girls (and Al of course ^_-) for the opportunity to get pics with you!

It was great to finally meet you lovely ladies in person ^_^.

Lady Neese- Your outfit was beautiful! I wish I had arrived earlier so we could've gotten more pics together.

Sakurachan- You make such a cute Kasumi *^^*. Your bubbly personality is wonderful....and the "boob-off" pics were much fun!

Tenkage-chan- Your Helena costume was very cool! I especially liked the wig and jacket. Thank you for taking tag-team pics with me ^_^.

Al- YOU ROCK! Thanks for inviting me to be a part of the group this year. I love the pics we got together.

Lilacwire- I enjoyed meeting you at the cosplay, and would love to see your Ayame in person one of these days!

Eurobeat King
09-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all the DOA girls (and Al of course ^_-) for the opportunity to get pics with you!

Al- YOU ROCK! Thanks for inviting me to be a part of the group this year. I love the pics we got together.

haha I don't mind being the only DOA guy in the group each year :D

Thanks for making it to the gathering and posing for all the fun pics, H. *hugg*
Wish we had more time to take more big-group pictures, but there's always next year! ;)

Tenkage: I can't wait to upload the pics of your DOAX Helena on Sunday morning. Thank the Marriott for having an outdoor pool for good lighting!

sakurachan61123: Thanks for wearing both Kasumi costumes for pictures! woo-hoo!

LadyNeese: Wish we could've taken more pair pics, but duty called for you. I'm glad we were able to take as many pics before you had to jet. Love your new LeiFang!

Tenkage-chan
09-21-2007, 11:33 AM
EBK: Thanks so much for the pics, Al! And I'm, sorry about the pictures I took for you being fuzzy. Waah! I'm no good at picture taking!

~H~: Thanks so much, I just loved getting the tag-team photos with you! Your Lei Fang costume was absolutely amazing!!

~Sakurachan: I loved having you and your siuster for NDK! I'll PM you more, later, I promise! And your Yuna thief was great!!

Lady Neese
09-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Thank you all I had a good time. I'm sorry I had to ditch out on you guys early.

Thank you Al, for all your wonderful photo taking. You're the best!! ^.^

H ~ You were awesome. I had lots of fun taking pictures with you. Hopefully you'll be back next year and we'll take more. ^.^

Tenkage ~ Your Helena was awesome. That coat was the coolest! You'll make a great Yuri!!!

Sakurachan ~ You looked great in your Kasumi costume, its too bad I didn't get more pictures with you.

Can't wait till next year! ^.^

sakurachan61123
11-21-2007, 02:48 AM
I feel so dumb lol! I haven't been on cosplay.com in SOOO long. This is what happens when you go for management huh? Anyways!

@~H~: you made the best Lei Fang ever. I really enjoyed taking pictures with you~ you made a lot of our pictures really fun to take and they turned out really great.

@Lady Nesse: I wish we could have taken more pictures but I really enjoyed finally seeing a Lei Fang costume that nobody ever does~ I look forward to you next year!

@Tenkage: I miss you T-T I hope we get to spend time together next year and I hope you bring an Ayane so people stop asking me where one is . . . that made me angry. -____- I <3 you~ and thanks for the Yuna thief costume even though it was a failure >.>

@Al: you always know I'm down for Kasumi pictures~ she's one of my favorite characters to be lol. I'll see you next year with the C4 from DOA4 and some Yuna White Mage~