PDA

View Full Version : A.B.A from Guilty Gear Isuka

Fallen)x(Angel
12-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Reference Picture: http://www.guiltygear.ru/images/charsets/ggi_cs_ab.jpg

I am attempting to make A.B.A from Guilty Gear Isuka for Ikki con this February. I wanted to get other cosplayer's opinons on how to make Para and parts of her outfit.

A cosplaying friend of mine suggested to me that I make Para out of insulation foam, then cover in a thin layer of plaster wrap, sealer, paint, and more sealer. Someone else also suggested that I could cover the foam with paper mache. Sounds great, I just don't know which one will work.

Also, what should I make the chain out of? I'm at a total loss for that piece.

Regarding A.B.A's "gauze top", I want to try and find a way to make it before the con so that I don't have to spend hours in the hotel bathroom wrapping my material around myself and trying to make it tight enough not to fall down. I was thinking about making a top thick enough so it's not see-through and inserting a zipper in the back, and then wrapping more material around it to cover the zipper. I think it's a good idea, maybe I'm crazy.

Thanks anyway!~

Lara
12-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Yes, the lighter you can make Para, the better. The first one I had was made out of wood (the head and the lower key ridges) and PVC pipe. Extremely heavy. I had to have my boyfriend lug the thing around for me. I also used a real chain on that one. That was also pretty heavy too.

The second Para, I redid the head of the key and made it out of foam and some cardboard. I thought that would make it lighter but no (the bottom wood part makes it heavy). I purchased a kind of foam chain at a year round costume goods store. It looks pretty good and is nice and light.

Your idea for the bandages sounds really neat. I had to have help wrapping myself, putting tape underneath a few bandages to keep them in place, and applying the blood.

I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Fallen)x(Angel
12-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Okay, I'll go with my bandage idea then. Thanks for your help!

MH-chan
12-03-2006, 09:06 PM
What I did for the key was use foam for the top round part and the actual shaped key part
then put plaster over it.
As for the shaft I used bamboo which made it even lighter =3
It wasn't a hassle to drag around with me (other than it being terribly tall xD )

LaPetiteSalope
12-05-2006, 06:07 PM
What I did for the key was use foam for the top round part and the actual shaped key part
then put plaster over it.
As for the shaft I used bamboo which made it even lighter =3
It wasn't a hassle to drag around with me (other than it being terribly tall xD )

Where did you buy the plaster?