PDA

View Full Version : Pay at the Door or Mail..?

nyamiko_chan
03-28-2003, 08:26 AM
at first i was thinking of only going one day...but i went to see the guest again and OMG there's some really good ones there..so now i might go for the 3 days..

of course i can't stay over -_- *will miss all the fun unless she shares and comes up with $$!!*

I just wanted to know..is it REALLY hecktic at the dorr..and long..?

if i go friday i'd be /ahum/ skipping school but i'd get there in enuff time to pay and such

is it really bad??

thanks for any answers!!

EDIT: I know this school..it's so close to me!!!

Anshin School of Karate

I'm gonna go there to learn and they're gonna be at AN..kewlies!

Mekou
03-28-2003, 02:44 PM
The line to pay at the door is actually quite short. Last year there was one girl in my group who had to pay at the door. Lol she ended up waiting 25 minutes for us! lol

UsagiNoSenshi
03-28-2003, 02:48 PM
that's good cause my group is going for one day too! I'm glad!

nyamiko_chan
03-28-2003, 08:20 PM
kewl!! that's good !!!

ANOTHER QUESTION!!

I'm thinking of volunteering too....has anyone and is it fun XD ?

i'm wondering cuz there's fun things you get out of it like shirts, poster..etc. and crash space (ya i know it's not *promised*

i'm just wondering... ^^

thanks for your replies guys!!

Sakura
03-28-2003, 09:29 PM
Yup, as the others said, the line for paying at the door was inexistant... but the pre-registered line was HUGE O_O

Sion
03-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Hmm.. odd... When I arrived on Friday there was like this HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE line-up to register, and I was like "oohhh man this is gonna take years to get registered.." and then I found out my mom pre-registered us haha, the pre-register line was... nonexistant, we just walked up and handed in our form and we were set!

Weird... Everyone is saying the opposite lol.

Eriku-san

Sakura
03-28-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Sion
Weird... Everyone is saying the opposite lol.

XD I guess it all depends on what time people got there. I didn't have school that day so I was able to get there at 11 o'clock am on Friday. I registered as soon as I was able to and was then bored out of my mind, as basically no one was there X_X

Scoti
03-29-2003, 10:13 AM
last year I paid at the door on Friday and that was around 4/5 o'clock and I didn't have any problems I waited like 10min. I did find that the registration table was a little busy and unorganized and it took what seemed like forever to get my membership card stapled to the plastic covering.
Personally, Iím going to try the pre-registration this year because I have a few friends coming from out of town and it was a real hassle last year trying to convince the woman at the registration table that Iím really buying memberships for my friends and not trying to re-sell them

Mage
03-30-2003, 02:00 AM
Wow...whenever I went by the line (reg AND pre-reg) it was pretty big....

Well, okay...if we put it in perspective...compare it to the CNAnime line (now that is just obscene...), it was nothing...but it's a decent sized line. CNAnime's line is really something...it has to be seen to be believed. AN is reasonable.

As for volunteering...it really, really depends on who is in charge of you. The first year I volunteered...it wasn't a great experience...lol. If you help w/ the masquerade, it's loads of fun, but the downside is that you probably won't get to *see* any of the nice skits and stuff...=\

Oh, and about the free stuff. Last year, I volunteered for the entire weekend and, you know what? NO free stuff for me. Well, I did get my registration fee refunded, but there was no t-shirt or anything...-_-; Oh well...*sigh*

Kia
03-31-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by WhiteMage_1
Wow...whenever I went by the line (reg AND pre-reg) it was pretty big....

Well, okay...if we put it in perspective...compare it to the CNAnime line (now that is just obscene...), it was nothing...but it's a decent sized line. CNAnime's line is really something...it has to be seen to be believed. AN is reasonable.
don't even talk to me about that line.... it took HOURS! GAH! At one point it was nearly outside... or maybe it was behind me... anyway, I hope I never see a line like that again. :p
Actually, I pre-paid at CN but I had to wait for my friends, and THAT, ladies and gentlemen, took FOREVER! ^_^

Chosuke
04-02-2003, 06:58 AM
About volunteering,I was going to do that too so I could get the loads of cool stuff and a refunded registration fee!

But my friend Kim's mom told me that since it will be my groups first con,and my second con maybe we should just enjoy it as guests and get a bit used to the convention scene before volunteering ^^
So I'm gonna ask around a bit with the volunteering thing and maybe tag along behind a friend or so who is volunteering to get a look of what they do and if its worth losing con time ^^

nyamiko_chan
04-02-2003, 08:51 AM
good idea Cho-chan ^^ but i'm still debating on going for the 3 days instead of one..or maybe just 2..i dunno ^^;

Kia
04-02-2003, 10:30 AM
I'm not an expert on this topic (as I have never been to AN...only CN... but that's a horse of a different colour ^_^) but if I had had to wait in the line at CN last year I think I would have shot someone! As mentioned before, the lines there are horrible, but my friend paid for me in advance online, which made life a lot easier. I'm not sure how simmilar it is at AN, but I would assume that the more time that can be saved would be an advantage. ^_^

JustinCredible
04-13-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Kia
don't even talk to me about that line.... it took HOURS! GAH! At one point it was nearly outside... or maybe it was behind me... anyway, I hope I never see a line like that again. :p
Actually, I pre-paid at CN but I had to wait for my friends, and THAT, ladies and gentlemen, took FOREVER! ^_^

I'm sorry... but it was Steve's fault... I tried... I really did :(

Anyways I have a question... for the battle Roayle... when do you register for it? At the actual con @ the pick-up booth or when you mail/send in your money?

Chosuke
04-14-2003, 07:05 AM
What IS the battle royale thing anyway?
How are they doing it? like an rpg? oo

heki-chan
04-14-2003, 02:40 PM
naw its not an RPG, its like an actual br, minus the killing i think. and it consists of challenges and things.
im not good at explaining this, sharon or lo-chan should^_^;;;

Chosuke
04-15-2003, 06:52 AM
That sounds cool!
I'll bring the mega phone! <or the pen..mwaha Nobu>