PDA

View Full Version : Anime Detour: Who are you planning n goin as?

Summoner-Yuna
12-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Who is planning on going? Who are you going to be?

lathspell
12-06-2006, 07:30 PM
This kind of got started on the other thread, but...I'll be going as AC Tifa, Millie from Trigun, and perhaps someone else, if I get/make the time/money, heh...it would most likely be either a Lenne summoner or an Organization 13 Riku...hmm...

RaDragon76
12-06-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm bringing Ryou Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh, Aldo from Suikoden IV and probably Hisoka Kurosaki from Yami no Matsuei.

sylus
12-06-2006, 08:44 PM
i will be bringing ...
hitsugaya (bleach)
ulquiorra (bleach)
reno (ff7 game version)
and possiblly kid (chrono cross) or haku (naruto)
havent realy decided on the last two yet.

Summoner-Yuna
12-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Well I know it started on another thread, but there sorta talking about the hotels. I don't know but I think I will be Summoner Yuna

Fenix42
12-06-2006, 09:56 PM
I'm going to be Urahara as 12th Division Captain from Bleach. I'll be bringing back my geta boshi costume from last year, but I'm not sure how much I'll wear it. I'm making the shikai form of Benihime also.

Serria
12-06-2006, 11:43 PM
I'm not sure who all I'll be yet. But I'm PRETTY sure some of my costumes will include:

-FF7 Aeris Gainsborough... just because I wear it every Anime Detour. XD
-Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist
-Princess Zelda from... Legend of Zelda (OOT version)
-possibly a FF12 costume like Ashe
-possibly Nel Zelpher from Star Ocean 3
-I have a kimono that is not quite completed, but I might wear that some of the time for kicks.

Gothic_Catboy
12-07-2006, 01:05 AM
Tis a secret!

Fenix42
12-08-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure who all I'll be yet. But I'm PRETTY sure some of my costumes will include:

-I have a kimono that is not quite completed, but I might wear that some of the time for kicks.

BTW, I've got a friend that's a Zelda fanboy. There is no doubt in my mind that you will be glomped by him.

KHRiku_4ever
12-09-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm going to go with gothic catboy on this one and keep mine a secret!

rainbow_dancer
12-10-2006, 01:41 PM
1. sailor mini moon/ the masked moon
2. haruna from Negima

Elendriel
12-10-2006, 04:28 PM

well if you're Alphonse, I'll be glomping you :D so watch out for an Automail Wrath haha

If you do Ashe, you know I will TOTALLY want to hang with you and get pics! FF12 ppls have to stick together :D

As for what I'm bringing:

Penelo - FF12
Fran - FF12
Kin - Naruto
Itachi - Naruto
Bankai Hitsugaya - Bleach (maybe if I can find a way to get my wings there lol. This dragon is HUGE!)
Saphir - Sailor Moon

Serria
12-10-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm so excited to be glomped! :D I want to glomp all of you already, or at least, since I lack the courage and stamina, take your pictures. ^_^

I think I should fix up my Zelda costume though. It's getting kind of... frumpy, and might look nicer if I remake a few parts. Also I think I should consider getting a wig... hm...

As for Alphonse, yay! Automail Wrath and Alphonse definitely need many pictures together.

If I have the time and more importantly the cash, I'll try and shoot for Ashe too.

But man, so many costumes that I want to bring, so little time... why can't Anime Detour be like, a week long...

Elendriel
12-11-2006, 12:29 AM
OMG a week long convention... I'd be in heaven! hahha

Singe
12-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Costumes I'll bring/have finished for sure:
Kijin from Yami no Matsuei
Sanzo from Gensomaden Saiyuki
Tsunade from Naruto
(it's a surprise) from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Fai D. Flowrite from Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles

Might have/decide to bring:
Kyo from Dir en Grey (just for traditions sake)
Obito from Naruto
Die from Dir en Grey
Yurine from Karas

I'd like for Kijin to be my main costume, but that won't work out too well, I think, since I'll be staying at the Marriott and will be probably end up changing into most of it at the Thunderbird. And then will probably just find a spot to stand and look pretty so the costume doesn't get too trampled on. (there are two layers that drag on the floor.) And you know...so I don't keep tripping on the bottom going up and down the stairs. ^.^;

lathspell
12-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Yes, a week-long convention would be so awesome. And Yurine? Sweet. I thought she was the coolest looking character in Karas. Looking forward to seeing all these awesome costumes from all you guys.

Serria
12-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Oh, gosh, I forgot to say! I'll most likely also bring Quatre Raberba Winner from Gundam Wing, because the pilot boys are so cool! :D

Fenix42
12-13-2006, 05:09 AM
But man, so many costumes that I want to bring, so little time... why can't Anime Detour be like, a week long...

A full week, huh? It would be like spring break for otaku... XD

Akahime
12-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Just Time Jump Hyuuga Hinata for me. XD I was going to as Young Haku from Naruto as well, but apparently, my mom threw away an important part of the costume away -the pants. T_T My life is great. And I can't find the right color for his pants, so I might not go as him. V_V

Akahime
12-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Oh, gosh, I forgot to say! I'll most likely also bring Quatre Raberba Winner from Gundam Wing, because the pilot boys are so cool! :D

Oh my god! :eek: If you do DO him... then I would totally love you forever! XD LOL

Elendriel
12-13-2006, 06:15 PM

OMG are you SERIOUS?!?!! eeee!! (glomps already)

I cosplay Duo! We SOOO have to get pics!

Serria
12-13-2006, 06:42 PM
OMG are you SERIOUS?!?!! eeee!! (glomps already)

I cosplay Duo! We SOOO have to get pics!

Really?!?! Woah! XD I didn't think there were many people cosplaying Gundam Wing anymore! But the friends I am bringing with me will possibly also cosplay various other Gundam pilots, and I know someone else who cosplays Lady Une that is possibly coming (and he's a boy.. lol) but wow! We have lots of pics to take together, hehe! Yay!

Oh my god! If you do DO him... then I would totally love you forever! XD LOL

:D I demand your forever love! hehe I already have the costume, though I probably need to get a new wig... but I am PROBABLY definitely bringing him to AD!

A full week, huh? It would be like spring break for otaku... XD

I can't think of a better spring break. ^___^ ...well, maybe like a big trip to Europe or something... but next best thing is a convention!

Elendriel
12-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Really?!?! Woah! XD I didn't think there were many people cosplaying Gundam Wing anymore! But the friends I am bringing with me will possibly also cosplay various other Gundam pilots, and I know someone else who cosplays Lady Une that is possibly coming (and he's a boy.. lol) but wow! We have lots of pics to take together, hehe! Yay!

hahah that's awesome! :D lmao yes we do. We have many to be taken :D

Oh!

and I just added another costume to the ever-growing list of what I'm bringing to AD

Warrior Paine!

Frozen Zabuza
12-17-2006, 09:07 PM
For surely I will be going as
Kisame (Naruto) /sword
and
Dosu (Naruto) / with sound amp

and one more outfit, but that will be my secret
until AD!!!!

SongofAmazon
12-18-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm totally brigning original concept art Sailor Mercury, and probably princess mercury.

My friend and I had talked about doing some Fishugi Yuugi, and if that does come to pass, I'll be doing one of Nuriko's more masculine outfits.

Summoner-Yuna
12-18-2006, 06:44 PM
hahah that's awesome! :D lmao yes we do. We have many to be taken :D

Oh!

and I just added another costume to the ever-growing list of what I'm bringing to AD

Warrior Paine!

what day??? Cause I want a photo :bigtu:

Elendriel
12-23-2006, 02:06 AM
Look for me in this! :D Fran! FFXII :D http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=61592&member=46611

Fenix42
12-23-2006, 11:53 AM
OMG that's awesome! Great job on the detail :D

sylus
12-24-2006, 05:56 AM
Look for me in this! :D Fran! FFXII :D http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=61592&member=46611

*glomp* you are amazing! just thought i'd let you know.

MewKilalaMew
12-24-2006, 06:59 PM
So far my list consists of these.

Roy Mustang(Full Metal Alchemist)
Blue(Wolf's Rain)

And I might possibly have:

Sango (InuYasha)
Dark (DN Angel)
Tifa(FF7 Advent Children)

Serria
12-30-2006, 02:59 PM
So far my list consists of these.

Roy Mustang(Full Metal Alchemist)
Blue(Wolf's Rain)

And I might possibly have:

Sango (InuYasha)
Dark (DN Angel)
Tifa(FF7 Advent Children)

Oh, cool! I'll have to find you when you're Roy Mustang, when I'm in either Human Al or Lust, depending on which. XD

And if you're Tifa, YAY! I'll be Aeris... and will possibly also have a few other FF7 cosplayers with me too.

Elendriel
12-31-2006, 10:07 PM
what day??? Cause I want a photo :bigtu:

:D

lol at this point, I'm not sure. Probably....Friday. Because I'll also have Fran, Duo, Itachi, Automail Wrath (or reg wrath depending on space) and Kin with me :D

Elendriel
12-31-2006, 10:08 PM
OMG that's awesome! Great job on the detail :D

*glomp* you are amazing! just thought i'd let you know.

awww. thanks guys! :D

KoreanDrea
01-01-2007, 05:52 AM
If I finish in time... hopefully I'll have a spiffeh Allen Walker cosplay from D Gray Man to fancy and strut about in XD

sylus
01-02-2007, 01:15 PM
i have added another costume but luckaly it isnt too hard of one. i am going as Tsukasa Amou from Juvenile Orion. basicaly i wanted to make his wings. so the outfit i'm making is just his school uniform (without the jacket).

Elendriel
01-02-2007, 01:41 PM
I think the consensus has finally been reached on what I want to bring lol

Fran - FFXII
Kin - Naruto
Itachi - Naruto
Sasuke - Naruto
possibly Penelo or Larsa - FFXII
or Automail Wrath - FMA

Bobio Inevuana
01-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Hey, that's a really good Fran!! I can't wait to see that costume in person CloakedSchemer! I'll be sure to try and get a few good pics of you!

Also, that'd be really fricken awesome to see some Gundam Wing cosplayers!!! Ahh... that show really brings back the memories. Serria, I really look forward to seeing your Quatre crossplay! Your pictures are absolutely darling~!!

I'll be bringing Tia Dalma from Pirates of the Caribbean 2, hopefully. I love that voodoo priestess! ^o^ Hopefully I'll be able to bring some sort of jar and fill it with dirt as well. <3 There's usually a Jack cosplayer or two at Detour, right?

That, and I'll bring Lulu again.

trmim
01-07-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm gonna be my made up character, Flex Armstrong, for a lil while, n then im gonna b Flex as a Nobody from KH/KH2. For Sunday, My friend's gonna be a giant Koi fish, and i'm still choosing between the rest of the Moon Child characters. I will most likely be Kei tho.

XanaTenshi
01-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Shinji from Prince of Tennis.

Howl from Howl's Moving Castle.

Either Sophie from Howls' Moving Castle or Xelloss from Slayers.

See you all there! :toothy:

Serria
01-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Also, that'd be really fricken awesome to see some Gundam Wing cosplayers!!! Ahh... that show really brings back the memories. Serria, I really look forward to seeing your Quatre crossplay! Your pictures are absolutely darling~!!

I'll be bringing Tia Dalma from Pirates of the Caribbean 2, hopefully. I love that voodoo priestess! ^o^ Hopefully I'll be able to bring some sort of jar and fill it with dirt as well. <3 There's usually a Jack cosplayer or two at Detour, right?

^_____^ Oh, thank you so much! We will have all five Gundam pilots, providing our Duo comes...she says that she will but she's been lazy with registering and stuff. =P OH and also the guy I know who cosplays Lady Une (lol...) is also coming, so if he brings that... haha. Yay Gundam Wing!

And Bobio, I'm so excited to see your Tia Dalma! XD I personally loved Pirates 2, and the voodoo woman was one of my favorites, hehe. As for Jacks, I vividly remember there being one or two last year, so neat.

Shinji from Prince of Tennis.

Howl from Howl's Moving Castle.

Either Sophie from Howls' Moving Castle or Xelloss from Slayers.

See you all there!

Howl!!!! Oh my gosh! :D I love Howl. I'll totally have to steal a photo.

XanaTenshi
01-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Howl!!!! Oh my gosh! :D I love Howl. I'll totally have to steal a photo.

Howl is love!:heart:

anime_wench
01-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Ooo! I'm so excited! It's my first time at Anime Detour and I'm planning on going as gunner Yuna... I'm still working on my costume.. lol. Anyone want to meet up at the convention??? ^_^

Singe
01-10-2007, 08:28 PM

I can't wait to see that costume...loved it in the movie and haven't seen any cosplays of it yet...And the dirt thing amuses me more than it probably should. :toothy:

Elendriel
01-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Hey, that's a really good Fran!! I can't wait to see that costume in person CloakedSchemer! I'll be sure to try and get a few good pics of you!

Tia Dalma?! so cool!!!! I have Will :D should I bring it? haha

XanaTenshi
01-10-2007, 10:12 PM

Tia Dalma? You must bring it! I cannot WAIT to see it!
:toothy:

Elendriel
01-12-2007, 05:32 PM
okay so... this is what I'm looking at lol for SURE

Larsa
Penelo
Itachi
Kin
Lord Rasler
Saphir or Yaten (Sailor Starlight version)

and Fran only if I can get the bow to the con

atchan
01-24-2007, 12:13 AM
So far I am going as an Original EGL, possibly going as Faye from Cowboy Bebop.

A friend of mine wants to go as Inuyasha, but she wants the costume to look genuine and actually be poofy (?). Any suggestions as to how much fabric to use, if any of you have done this before?

XanaTenshi
01-24-2007, 09:37 AM
A friend of mine wants to go as Inuyasha, but she wants the costume to look genuine and actually be poofy (?). Any suggestions as to how much fabric to use, if any of you have done this before?

I'd try the costume forums to see how other people have achieved the "poofy" look. :) I know some people have resorted to stuffing their pants, but I know there are fabrics out there that will achieve the look. :)

Martin_Nash
01-25-2007, 04:16 AM
Wow... I had no idea there was a convention so close to home. I live in Polk County Wisconsin, which is the Indian's nose. I wish I'd known earlier, I probably would have gone the last few years D;

Anyway, I'm thinking about going. I'd like to go dressed, as it'd be my first con ever. Only character that really comes to mind, that I could do, is Darth Nihilus from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. And it's not even anime. :C
I'd also need to upgrade my lightsaber, which is a bit of a pain.

lathspell
01-25-2007, 11:32 AM
I know how you feel. If I had even known about conventions in general earlier I would have gone to every one I could. Going from Star Wars wouldn't be bad, I think it'd be kind of cool to see diversity in the costumes anyway.

Singe
01-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Wow... I had no idea there was a convention so close to home. I live in Polk County Wisconsin, which is the Indian's nose. I wish I'd known earlier, I probably would have gone the last few years D;

Anyway, I'm thinking about going. I'd like to go dressed, as it'd be my first con ever. Only character that really comes to mind, that I could do, is Darth Nihilus from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. And it's not even anime. :C
I'd also need to upgrade my lightsaber, which is a bit of a pain.

The Detour crowd generally doesn't comment if you have a costume not from anime/manga/video games/etc. and is even glad to see some outside the average genre groups...I know there's been at least one Jack from Pirates of the Caribbean there every year, and I think there have been some LoTR and Star Wars cosplayers before.

So wear what you want to! ^.^

Fenix42
01-27-2007, 03:18 AM
The Detour crowd generally doesn't comment if you have a costume not from anime/manga/video games/etc. and is even glad to see some outside the average genre groups...I know there's been at least one Jack from Pirates of the Caribbean there every year, and I think there have been some LoTR and Star Wars cosplayers before.

So wear what you want to! ^.^

Yeah I remember seeing a jedi last year.

Martin_Nash: I haven't been to it, but there is also a sci-fi convention in the Twin Cities called CONvergence.

Martin_Nash
01-27-2007, 03:32 AM
Wow, well isn't that something? You live a hundred miles or so away from a place, but you really have no idea what goes on there.
You people are all helpful. Suspiciously so. WHAT'S YOUR ANGLE?! >_>
Gonna rob me for money to feed your pocky addictions?

XanaTenshi
01-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Yeah I remember seeing a jedi last year.

Martin_Nash: I haven't been to it, but there is also a sci-fi convention in the Twin Cities called CONvergence.

And CONvergence rocks. Go. Party. :toothy:

Serria
01-30-2007, 06:01 PM
I love seeing non anime characters, so long as I recognize them. XD It makes it more exciting. I do remember seen Jack Sparrows at Anime Detour, and at various cons I've seen Harry Potter people and LOTR. It's all fun.

I just bought wigs from Cosplay.com!! :D I haven't done that before... they're supposedly really good quality though. (I hope so, because they're more expensive than the cheap wigs I normally buy, haha) Now I'm going to put some anime in and work on my Lust costume!!! ^____^

lathspell
02-18-2007, 02:16 PM
I think I might not go as Millie after all...just because I'm working so hard on my Yoruichi costume, that I might decide to wear it Friday and Sunday...also one of my friends is going as Nemu for some of the time, so that should be fun.

anime_wench
02-18-2007, 06:01 PM
I think I might not go as Millie after all...just because I'm working so hard on my Yoruichi costume, that I might decide to wear it Friday and Sunday...also one of my friends is going as Nemu for some of the time, so that should be fun.

Awwww, I wanted to see your Millie costume.. aside from seeing the random cosplay picture online, I haven't really seen anyone do Millie before! But I can see why you'd want to wear Yoruichi most of the weekend. When you work real hard on something, just one day isn't enough! ^_^

You people are all helpful. Suspiciously so. WHAT'S YOUR ANGLE?! >_>
Gonna rob me for money to feed your pocky addictions?

ROLFMAO!! That's awesome! What's sad is, I'm sure half the people who read that stopped and thought, 'Mmmm. Pocky. Hmmmmm.....' hehehe! ^_^

Fenix42
02-19-2007, 01:23 AM

Yay another Yoruichi cosplay! A friend of mine's going as her also.

And btw, the Bleach photoshoot is Saturday afternoon.

lathspell
02-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Ack...the FF one is Saturday morning and I was going to be Tifa that night...hmm...what time is the photoshoot? XD Looking forward to your Urahara!!

Singe
02-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Just posted a couple new pics of the Kijin costume, if anyone cares...still have plenty left to do, but I was sick and bogged down with school for quite a while...so hopefully I'll be able to finish in time.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=50130&member=17018

Serria
02-20-2007, 01:01 AM
Ack...the FF one is Saturday morning and I was going to be Tifa that night...hmm...what time is the photoshoot? XD Looking forward to your Urahara!!

Wait, isn't it Saturday afternoon? I thought it was at three. Wasn't the Cosplay.com one in the morning? Oh man, I'm confused! >.<;;

Jen-neko
02-20-2007, 01:30 AM
The official photoshoot schedule is here: http://forum.animedetour.com/viewtopic.php?t=1709

Looks like the Cosplay.com one is at 11 AM, and the Final Fantasy one is at 2 PM.

Elendriel
02-20-2007, 01:53 AM
Alright so I'm starting to finalize my list :

So far this is who I have:

TJ Naruto (possibly)
Howl - Howl's Moving Castle
Saphir - Sailor Moon
Lord Rasler - FFXII
Hitsugaya - Bleach
Alphonse or Wrath - FMA
Uchiha Itachi - Naruto
Tsuchi Kin - Naruto

those are for sure, maybe more will be added, hopefully not :P

Singe
02-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Alright so I'm starting to finalize my list :

So far this is who I have:

TJ Naruto (possibly)
Howl - Howl's Moving Castle
Saphir - Sailor Moon
Lord Rasler - FFXII
Hitsugaya - Bleach
Alphonse or Wrath - FMA
Uchiha Itachi - Naruto
Tsuchi Kin - Naruto

those are for sure, maybe more will be added, hopefully not :P
I was looking forward to seeing Fran...but I can understand since it might be freaking cold. ^.^

Elendriel
02-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I was looking forward to seeing Fran...but I can understand since it might be freaking cold. ^.^

lol, that's never the problem :) It's just the issue of getting my bow there cuz I'll be flying and I need to find a box big enough. However, if I can find a box big enough to fit my wings for Howl plus my Hitsugaya zanpaktou, then yes, the bow will be coming and so will Fran :)

Fenix42
02-20-2007, 01:46 PM

The Bleach photoshoot is scheduled to be at 3:00pm on Saturday. A few friends and I are also doing a Bleach discussion panel, and that's right before the photoshoot (so, 2pm).

And, if it's as warm as it is right now outside for Detour, I'll be happy :)

Oklahoma
02-20-2007, 03:12 PM
The bleach discussion starts at 1:30 and ends at 2:30, because programming puts time between panels. So you have 30 mins to get ready for the photoshoot from the end of the panel.

Fenix42
02-20-2007, 04:41 PM
The bleach discussion starts at 1:30 and ends at 2:30, because programming puts time between panels. So you have 30 mins to get ready for the photoshoot from the end of the panel.

Ah, I didn't know that. Thank you for clearing that up. :)

Stupid mistake on my part. :thumbsup:

unrealplayer
03-07-2007, 06:14 PM
This Bleach photo shoot sounds fun, anyone can get in? This'll be my second time coming and the second year to run as Ishida Uryuu, Pretty sure most people will remember me because I was one of two people who actually went as him on Fri/Sat. Anyhow, Look for me on Saturday because I will be wearing his
Ransoutengai suit, or "released" form when he takes his glove off, only 30% done with the main part of the costume, and working on the wing and armor.

Elendriel
03-07-2007, 11:21 PM
niice Ishida!!! that's soo cool, can't wait to see it!

I'm doing Inner Hollow Ichigo hehe, if everything goes as planned

grandis
03-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey! Here's pretty much our finalized list.

Nemo: Touga Kiryuu from Revolutionary Girl Utena, The Count from Gankutsuou, and Abel Nightroad from Trinity Blood

Grandis: Shari Pitch from Harry Potter Universe, Nanami Kiryuu in Ohtori Uniform from Revolutionary Girl Utena, Safety from Risky/Safety, Raquel from Scrapped Princess, and Caterina Sforza from Trinity Blood.

We'll see you all in a couple of weeks.

Grandis

Akahime
03-13-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm so sad! I want a third costume! T_T I know for sure that I'm going to bring:

(TJ) Hyuga Hinata (Naruto)
Himawari Kunogi (xxxHOLiC) - Will look kind of funny because can't find the time to do one correctly.

*thinks hard about a third simple costume*

I hope to see everyone from here there! Though I may forget your names! xD LOL

shinitama
03-13-2007, 02:33 PM
finalized costume list! ...Kind of. I should really decide these things prior to a week and a half before the con. xD

For sure:
Akito (Fruits Basket)
Suboshi (Fushigi Yugi)

maybe:
Mayu Amakura (Fatal Frame II)
Hyuuga Hinata (Naruto)

I'll also be hanging around with an Amiboshi (Fushigi Yugi) and a Red Mage (Final Fantasy/8-Bit Theater,) mostly in the artists' alley, though I will be wandering around on occasion. =)

Elendriel
03-13-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm so sad! I want a third costume! T_T I know for sure that I'm going to bring:

(TJ) Hyuga Hinata (Naruto)
Himawari Kunogi (xxxHOLiC) - Will look kind of funny because can't find the time to do one correctly.

*thinks hard about a third simple costume*

I hope to see everyone from here there! Though I may forget your names! xD LOL

yay Hinata! :D *hugs*

Akahime
03-13-2007, 09:21 PM
yay Hinata! :D *hugs*

Yeah!!!! xD I just can't wait! :rockon:

Elendriel
03-13-2007, 11:31 PM
:D

I'm also bringing Grimmjaw from Bleach hehe

Bobio Inevuana
03-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Tia Dalma?! so cool!!!! I have Will :D should I bring it? haha

Ohmygosh! I know that was like, 2 months ago, but that would seriously be awesome if you brought Will!!! I noticed you have quite a long list of costumes you'll have, so I don't blame you if you can't bring it. But please, just keep it in the back of your mind, okay? Tia has a total crush on Will, and it would be fun to pose with you! XD

Oh! And thanks to everyone else for your enthusiasm about Tia Dalma! I look forward to seeing all your costumes as well!

sylus
03-16-2007, 03:11 PM
ha a week before con and i've decided on my final costume list!!!!

hitsugaya (bleach)
ulquiorra (bleach)
near (death note)
miyavi (genki pv) -if i can get it done
reno (ff7 game version) -if miyavi isnt finished then reno comes

Akahime
03-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Okay, I think this is my final and official list of costumes that I will bring xD :

TJ Hyuuga Hinata (Naruto)
Rin Tokaka (Fate Stay Night)
Himawari Kunogi (xxxHOLiC)
Hanajima Saki (Fruits Basket)

So there it is. :3 I'm not going to make anymore because my mom will be like, are you nuts?! o-0

Elendriel
03-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Ohmygosh! I know that was like, 2 months ago, but that would seriously be awesome if you brought Will!!! I noticed you have quite a long list of costumes you'll have, so I don't blame you if you can't bring it. But please, just keep it in the back of your mind, okay? Tia has a total crush on Will, and it would be fun to pose with you! XD

Oh! And thanks to everyone else for your enthusiasm about Tia Dalma! I look forward to seeing all your costumes as well!

awww that would be AMAZING but I don't know if I'd have time (don't want to run around) but I will for SURE get pics with you and of you :D even if I am Ichigo or Grimmjaw from Bleach hahah. I seriously cannot WAIT to see your Tia Dalma! She's so cool :)

heheh Sylus, you GOTTA bring Reno, even for a little bit ;) Then Rinoa can get pics with him hahah I duno :P

Can't wait to do the Arrancar with you!

sylus
03-16-2007, 04:38 PM
oh i will mostlikely bring him, atleast for thursday night.
and i cant wait do be evil with you aswell... long live the arrancar

Jen-neko
03-16-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm still sewing, trying to get everything done, but it seems that I've gotten a cold x_x This always happens when I push myself too hard. Oh well, I'm still making good progress. So, here's my cosplay list:

Mamimi from FLCL (with kitty hat, from episode 3)
Haku from Naruto (my "secret" cosplay)

I just didn't have the time to finish San this time :/ But there's always next year.

Elendriel
03-16-2007, 07:50 PM
oh i will mostlikely bring him, atleast for thursday night.
and i cant wait do be evil with you aswell... long live the arrancar

haha awesome! yay :D Thurs night will be fun :D yay crack pics lol

Bobio Inevuana
03-17-2007, 10:45 AM
awww that would be AMAZING but I don't know if I'd have time (don't want to run around) but I will for SURE get pics with you and of you :D even if I am Ichigo or Grimmjaw from Bleach hahah. I seriously cannot WAIT to see your Tia Dalma! She's so cool :)

Okay! I'll be looking for you, as well!! :D Ichigo is that orange haired guy, right? <-sucks at anime. -_-

Oh, and Sylus. You are REQUIRED to do Miyavi!!!!! Not kidding!! I was seriously contimplating doing that cosplay for a while... And that peace flag he has will really draw attention to you! He's adorable! And so will you be, if you do him. Which you will. Because you are required to. :D

Elendriel
03-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Okay! I'll be looking for you, as well!! :D Ichigo is that orange haired guy, right? <-sucks at anime. -_-

Oh, and Sylus. You are REQUIRED to do Miyavi!!!!! Not kidding!! I was seriously contimplating doing that cosplay for a while... And that peace flag he has will really draw attention to you! He's adorable! And so will you be, if you do him. Which you will. Because you are required to. :D

lol yeah except this version of him has white hair, white skin, black nails, and white robes :D I'm the evil inner side of him lol

sylus
03-17-2007, 02:07 PM

i wanna do him, realy badly... problem is finding the right color for his skirt thing, i might just settle with a somewhat close color and then re-make it later if i have too. i have the peice flag almost finished, just need to find the pole/stick to put it on.

xoxPaSsIoNn
03-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Wow, am I the only Kairi comming?
I hope not,
I'll cry.
XD

Sadly, this is the only costume I haven't borrowed out at the moment.
I'll be showing up Friday night and all day Saturday.
Hope to see you all out there!!

Elendriel
03-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Wow, am I the only Kairi comming?
I hope not,
I'll cry.
XD

Sadly, this is the only costume I haven't borrowed out at the moment.
I'll be showing up Friday night and all day Saturday.
Hope to see you all out there!!

aww, well I'd definitely want pics with you! :D (is bringing Riku)

xoxPaSsIoNn
03-17-2007, 07:04 PM
For sure!
We'll have to find each other and take awesome pics.
XD

Fenix42
03-17-2007, 08:07 PM
I'll be going once again as Urahara Kisuke! XD
I still need to get the obi done for my kimono for Sunday though.

Elendriel
03-17-2007, 09:47 PM
For sure!
We'll have to find each other and take awesome pics.
XD

yay! awesome! :D

I was thinking about doing Riku sat night after I do Naruto for a bit. We could try to get a KH group together :D

Elendriel
03-17-2007, 09:47 PM
I'll be going once again as Urahara Kisuke! XD
I still need to get the obi done for my kimono for Sunday though.

ohh yes and our plans for Sat hehehe.. I can't wait for that!! that's going to rock lol

xoxPaSsIoNn
03-17-2007, 09:57 PM
yay! awesome! :D

I was thinking about doing Riku sat night after I do Naruto for a bit. We could try to get a KH group together :D

Totally.
We should think of a place to meet up --
and start telling everyone.
XD

Saturday would be great for me and the gang,
my friends and I are going as Kairi, Namine, Aerith (KH1), Sora, Roxas, and MAYBE Hayner.
Just look for the three screaming girls and you should be able to find us. We're loud.
=O

Fenix42
03-17-2007, 11:09 PM
ohh yes and our plans for Sat hehehe.. I can't wait for that!! that's going to rock lol

ooo yes that's going to be fun :) Looking forward to your pictures tomarrow!

And, Benihime's finished! The last bit of detail is done, and the pictures I have up just don't do it justice. ^_^

Elendriel
03-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Totally.
We should think of a place to meet up --
and start telling everyone.
XD

Saturday would be great for me and the gang,
my friends and I are going as Kairi, Namine, Aerith (KH1), Sora, Roxas, and MAYBE Hayner.
Just look for the three screaming girls and you should be able to find us. We're loud.
=O

hahah SWEET!! :D yay Sora! he'll have his best friend :P

How about... we meet up at 10 pm in the upper lobby right outside the main entrance of the dealers room? Then we can run around that night, be loud, have fun, stay up as late as possible :P

ooo yes that's going to be fun :) Looking forward to your pictures tomarrow!

And, Benihime's finished! The last bit of detail is done, and the pictures I have up just don't do it justice. ^_^

WOW that zanpakto is amazing!! You did a fantastic job! :D

CarolynCosplay
03-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Go to the KH photoshoot at noon!!!

Bobio Inevuana
03-18-2007, 07:26 PM
lol yeah except this version of him has white hair, white skin, black nails, and white robes :D I'm the evil inner side of him lol

Evil is always good~! ^o^

i wanna do him, realy badly... problem is finding the right color for his skirt thing, i might just settle with a somewhat close color and then re-make it later if i have too. i have the peice flag almost finished, just need to find the pole/stick to put it on.

Just go to Walmart and head on over to the fabric section. They usually have an assortment of wooden dowels you could easily use. And they're cheap!

sylus
03-19-2007, 11:10 AM
good idea! thank you i didnt even think about that.

Fenix42
03-20-2007, 04:19 AM
WOW that zanpakto is amazing!! You did a fantastic job! :D

Thanks! I put up an updated pic of my Urahara taichou costume. It ain't much, but I love that wig. XD
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1022657

Elendriel
03-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks! I put up an updated pic of my Urahara taichou costume. It ain't much, but I love that wig. XD
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1022657

awesome job!!! wow, fantastic! :D

unrealplayer
03-24-2007, 10:32 PM
So did everyone have a fun time? I know I did cause I was the only Ishida again! Kinda disappointed that there was no merchandise that had Ishida...I couldn't find a single scrap *sigh*...(unless you count a small ishida surrounded by blown up characters that aren't shown as often..) So, how about you guys?

KHRiku_4ever
03-25-2007, 07:15 AM
RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR!!! This is probably the BEST anime detour I've been to. (Been here since the start... guru I guess??) But yeah, SO many photoshoots, vuuuuuury friendly peoples, and now I know a good chunk of cosplayers! How's everyone else been this year?

grandis
03-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Message copied and edited in another thread.

CarolynCosplay
03-27-2007, 10:01 PM
I had the best out of the two detours Ive been to especially for winning my award for Halloween Town Sora. and the fact that I made like, thirty new friends.

cleverramble
03-28-2007, 12:37 AM
I had the best out of the two detours Ive been to especially for winning my award for Halloween Town Sora. and the fact that I made like, thirty new friends.

i'm so happy that you got an award for that because that costume was AMAZING. i'm sad that i didn't get a picture with you while i was in my HT Kairi costume D:

CarolynCosplay
03-29-2007, 09:49 PM
I am sad too

Lordakira900
03-30-2008, 07:07 PM
This is my first Anime Detour!!!

I'm going as...

Friday: Red (Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen)
Saturday: Rock Lee (Naruto Shippuden)
Sunday: Dante (Custom Version) (Devil May Cry)

Frog_King
03-30-2008, 07:48 PM
This is my first Anime Detour!!!

I'm going as...

Friday: Red (Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen)
Saturday: Rock Lee (Naruto Shippuden)
Sunday: Dante (Custom Version) (Devil May Cry)
This si my first Detour too!

fri-frog...
sat-kimono/other
sun-other/kimono

Tarika Sakka
03-31-2008, 03:41 PM
First time here, too. I'll only be bringing Vincent from FFVII.

Kino017
03-31-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm being Matt from Death note.

AxelisMyHomeboy
03-31-2008, 04:49 PM
First time over here as well!

I'm going as Kirara from InuYasha and Axel from KH2.

Kaoru-chan
03-31-2008, 06:39 PM
My friend is going as Misa Misa and I'm going as Rhode Camelot