PDA

View Full Version : Reviving Kabuki cosplay topic!

StacyMichelle
03-28-2003, 07:14 PM
I thought it would be really neat if I could get as many Kabuki cosplayers together at Otakon as I could. I plan on going as Kabuki, and my friend Amanda is pretty sure she'll be Snapdragon.

I remember Noir Lumine, you had plans on going with your friends as a few Noh agents? Ice and Butoh, and then possibly Scarab?

If that's the case, all we would need is the Siamese and Tigerlily, am I right? It would be great if we could even get Akemi or Kabuki's mother or father.

If you plan on cosplaying anyone from the Kabuki comics, post here! We should set up a time to take pictures. Maybe even participate in the costume contest.
Let me know!

Romann
03-29-2003, 06:03 PM
I'm alll still for it!!! There might be a problem with my friend attending Otakon this year, but I'll make sure announce if she cant go.

StacyMichelle
03-29-2003, 11:30 PM
Awesomeness! I hope we can find more Kabuki cosplayers!!

keloidmilk
04-15-2003, 10:36 AM
Me and two friends had originally planned to do a Kabuki cosplay~~ with Scarab, Tigerlily, and Akemi. But we scrapped the idea because we didn't think anyone would appreciate it!! ^^;; ... It's awesome that other people want to do it too~ Dunno if I'll get to, but I definitely can't wait to see your costumes =)

StacyMichelle
04-15-2003, 11:16 AM
I thought the same thing too, but I've found that there are so many people who would like to cosplay Kabuki characters :) An Akemi would have been so cool to see!!

StacyMichelle
05-07-2003, 11:21 PM
Alright, bringing it back up, just in case some people didn't catch it the last time! My friend Amanda and I are going to go as Kabuki and Snapdragon (check out my gallery to see a preview of Snapdragon! Sooo shibby!).
Anyway, if you're looking for a really spiffy costume to make for Otakon then consider Kabuki and the Noh. Check it out at nohtv.com.
Hope we can get more Kabuki fans in costume! :)