PDA

View Full Version : Kazecon

Megumi-chan
03-29-2003, 01:01 AM
Is anyone going to Kazecon? It's October 10-12 in Rosemont. Here's a link to the website!
http://www.kazecon.com/
I'm going! I'm gonna be Deedlit from Record of Lodoss War! See you there!

Menchi
03-29-2003, 01:40 AM
i wanna myself...have to see how things work out but it is liek 45 minutes away from me ^^

Bayman
04-16-2003, 12:00 AM
heh, cool, there's a Kazecon thread on here, yet oddly enough, it's not on the event list, go figure =-p. My name is Jake, and I'm the man who's in charge of Kazecon, and I think the people on this thread might like the little leak of information I'm going to give. While we don't have all of the rules worked out, we are going to be officially giving away two cash prizes for our Cosplay. One for Best Costume, and the other for best skit. It's going to be $500 dollars for each prize (limit one per entry though). Two new awards are going to be introduced as well, the WTF award, and the *Whistle Whistle* award, both of which should be pretty self explanitory. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, that's what I'm here for. =-)

Jake Minol
Head of Kazecon

AngelSamui
04-16-2003, 12:04 AM
I know I'll be going to Kazecon with my fellow Cutie Sunny. It should prove to be a new, interesting and fun experience. I can't wait! ^_^

ParnsAngel
04-16-2003, 12:31 AM
Ooh, you're going as Deedlit? Sweet! =^_^=

I plan on bein there, just as long as I don't have any marching band shows that weekend....
Honestly, I put too much work into band for the credit they give >_<

But anyway, yea, looks like it'll be fun =^_^=

Yui
04-19-2003, 11:37 PM
Wow, so Kazecon is happening...everyone seemed so uncertain. Well, yes, I'll be there because I'm close by, too, and any excuse to cosplay is welcome.
...Wow, now cash prizes, that might actually sway me onto the stage for once. (Seconds from the dealers have never been adequate prizes for anyone. At least you guys understand that. ^_-)

Bayman
04-20-2003, 02:23 AM
Well, I'm really not sure why everyone was so uncertain about us, we've been set for quite some time. However, we are currently trying to get over that hurdle, and hopefully, more and more people will see that we are for real.

Hope to hear from you soon =-)

Jake Minol
Head of Kazecon

Yui
04-20-2003, 04:46 PM
Well, I'm not really sure either. No one had been mentioning it was all. And then whenever anyone brought up going to Reactor, they were adding something like "& Kazecon - if it actually happens." Is there a reason why it's so close to Reactor, or was it just a coincidence?
So...do you guys have any activities of note yet? I have to admit that guests are almost always (with a few rare exceptions) not that important to me, but if you have any unique panels or events in the works, you should let people know. Or if you need ideas or help.

Bayman
04-21-2003, 12:47 AM
October is a very weird month in the whole con planning scheme. Back when we chose it last year, there was I believe one other convention being held on the east coast (neko con I believe). So we figured that would be a good time for another convention in Chicago. However, we had some serious organizational issues before we announced the official dates. We got those sorted out fortunatly, and let everyone know. Chances are Anime reactor had a similar idea. Hosting a con where there was none at the time, but I'm afraid I really don't know about that.

As for events, we have lots planned. We're having game shows from For randy productions, a brand new dating show name Yaridama, two completely different styles of dances, and more in planned. However, I think that our mailling list might be a better place for it, cosplay.com staffers might get upset with me if I keep talking about it here. Our Mailling list is at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kazeconML/

I hope this answers your questions, and if not, just say so.

Jake Minol
Head of kazecon

Megumi-chan
04-23-2003, 12:47 AM
If i may put in my two cents, October isn't ever a good month to schedule a con because of halloween (which I gather most cosplayers celebrate). All of my cons this year are weirdly 'clumped' together, with one in april one in may two in october and halloween, its weird xD

Yui
04-24-2003, 12:23 AM
I don't think there's a problem with talking about it here - it is in the correct forum ^_- But I'll check your ML, too. It does sound like you do have much planned already.

& Yeah - considering Gencon's not in Milwaukee anymore, you would think someone would jump at that timeslot (not exactly the same crowd or exact place, but there's some overlap draw...considering the Midwest is totally devoid of cons for so many months in a row.)

AngelSamui
04-24-2003, 03:00 PM
I totally agree. Why must there be such large gaps in our Midwest con schedules? One during the Gencon slot wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I'm really sad that Gencon isn't in Milwaukee anymore. It was so easy to get to when I'd work at the dealers booths since my house isn't too far from downtown.

Bayman
04-24-2003, 10:10 PM
Well, as long as you don't have it too close to halloween, I see no reason why having a con earlier in the month poses a problem =-). I did not know about Gencon moving from Milwaukee, and that probably would be a good time to host a convention. However, when we planned the dates for Kazecon, which was a long time ago, Gencon was still there, and as far as we knew, would always be there. Summer also is not as good of a time as it may seem (at least not for a starting convention). Because of all the conventions going on across the country, you have to compete with them for guests and dealers. As cliche as it may sound, it's not as easy as it seems =-)

Jake Minol
Head of Kazecon

AngelSamui
04-24-2003, 10:21 PM
Gencon moved because the lack of adequate hotels and parking space from what I heard. Even though we have a great convention center. I understand their reasoning but it still sucks.

Yui
04-26-2003, 11:40 PM
It was also because Lake Geneva was a major printing/production hub for TSR (or it was when Gencon started)...and Milwaukee was the nearest big city to have a con at.
I liked Gencon, too, though...well because I used to live in Milwaukee and also because there's no competition for the good Japanese stuff in the dealers' room of a general con. ^_-

Yui
05-22-2003, 02:46 PM
Hmmm...just posting to keep the Reactor and Kaze threads near each other. Maybe we should set up a new thread for those of us going to both...?

Bayman
05-23-2003, 03:08 PM
hmmm, I'd like to ask you guys a questions about how our cosplay should be run. We're currently tossing around several ideas, but we'd like fan support on this as well. Excluding things like how to handle the lines and prizes, how would you like to see the show itself run? Should we lump everyone together, or should we have the non-skit entries go first, followed by the skits, or something else? Or if you have any other concerns or comments, feel free to post them.

Jake Minol
Head of Kazecon

Bayman
05-23-2003, 03:08 PM
hmmm, I'd like to ask you guys a questions about how our cosplay should be run. We're currently tossing around several ideas, but we'd like fan support on this as well. Excluding things like how to handle the lines and prizes, how would you like to see the show itself run? Should we lump everyone together, or should we have the non-skit entries go first, followed by the skits, or something else? Or if you have any other concerns or comments, feel free to post them.

Jake Minol
Head of Kazecon

Bayman
05-23-2003, 03:12 PM
Sorry about the double post guys, for some reason, it won't let me delete the second message.

Jake Minol
Head of Kazecon

Yui
05-23-2003, 07:17 PM
You know, it'd be nice if the non-skit entries could maybe just compete off-stage all together. In the past, a few smaller cons have done that portion in the open halls and it just seemed more personal/less intimidating. Tho, I'm not sure if that would work for you guys...depends on the hotel, I suppose, mostly. I mean, I don't mind competition, I just have a fear of stages O_o**
But yes, at the very least, keep skits and walk-ons separate.

Bayman
05-25-2003, 01:07 PM
The real problem with that is that crowded will become an issue. We really don't have enough hallway space to do that, and those who would like to see the costumes will have a really hard time doing so. I think stage fright is natural for a lot of people, and if we can find the people to do host it, we may have a conquering stage fright panel if you guys think it would be a good idea.
Any other questions or concerns?

Jake Minol
Head of Kazecon

CuteButDeadly
05-25-2003, 07:25 PM
I'm going to 3 cons in October C-kon, Kaze-con, and Anime Reactor. I don't like that all these cons are clumped together but I'm still going to all of them, even if dose mean that I lose my job at the hunted house.
On the subject of how the masquerade should be run now. I think that all the walk-ons should be clumped together and should be judged separately. Sort of like they did at Anime Central.

Yui
05-25-2003, 08:17 PM
Blah, there's no winning it then. Maybe I'll do a walk-on. Who are your judges, by the way?

...Also...why is there like no info on the Kazecon website? Will there be important stuff, i.e.: an artist alley &/or art show + j-rock vids/panel?
I also hope cosplayers will be willing to take the time for actual photoshoot set-ups instead of just quickie snapshots...since this is going to be small, there's time for that kind of thing. Also, since there will be no major coverage (cp.com, LLNN or FV) on this little con, I want to volunteer to make sure that there will be quality photo documentation.

Bayman
05-25-2003, 09:40 PM
Wow, Yui, I hate to say it, but you really underestimate us. Fansview is almost a sure thing, and we're working on the others. With two large cash prizes, I believe that this is something that every cosplay fan site will want to follow.

As for the photoshoot, I really can't say weather or not we will have one. It really depends on how many people compete in the masquerade. If it is a large amount, like we are planning for, having a large photoshoot just is not a possibility. Say we even have 60 people show up we do not have the space to have a large photoshoot. And, just in case we do only have 30 or 40 entries, we can't force people to wait for another photoshoot. People have free will, and try as we might, we just can't control them =-P Although, I honestly feel that anyone who does win will definatly want their picture taken =-)

As for some other issues, while I thought I made it clear in my last post, all prizes invovled will and have to be at the cosplay contest itself. With a cash prize invovled, it's WAY to easy to have problems. Also, on that same note, the cosplay judges have to remain a secret until the con comes around. As for the website, we've been gathering all of our info for one fairly large update, which will be soon. In that update we will have our guest list, at least a prelimanary set of rules for the cosplay, and some other events we have planned. There will be an artist alley, along with a dealers room. As for the panels, those are constantly shifting, however, last time I checked the shcedule we didn't have a j-rock panel, but we can have one if you guys would like =-)

As always, if there's any other comments or concerns, feel free to post them.

Jake Minol
Head of Kazecon

Yui
05-25-2003, 10:36 PM
Oh didn't mean to attack your con standing or anything. From what I was aware: as far as FV, I was told there's a big car race dealie that weekend, and I thought Kevin still reports on those. And I was just basing the lack of LLNN because Kaze doesn't even appear on Lionel's page, much less indicated as one he'll be at. And then Al and Admin don't live anywhere around here so I figured they wouldn't bother for a first-year con so far away (since there are so many small cons to consider) and once again, neither Kaze nor Reactor have been noted as official cp.com zones. I mean, it's cool to try to encourage interest, but I was just being realistic.

For a big photoshoot...no, that's not what I meant. For one thing, it's never a con's place to designate those...it's always the responsibilty of the websites/MLs/groups that the cosplayers belong to themselves. What I meant was that I hope some cosplayers (and certainly more than 60 ^_^*) would be interested in more personal, individual set-ups. You know...not the quick-hide-your-badge, walking-thru-the-hall, give-a-quick-V kinda run-by photo. I meant that as long as some passionate cosplayers might be about (and not overly distracted), they would be willing to think of some thoughtful poses for some nice, artsy portraits. Such a thing cannot be hoped for at AX or Otakon, where people are running madly back and forth swapping costumes three times a day -- but it'd be reasonable to attempt at a smaller venue. A little con isn't a bad thing...I hope it doesn't get too big actually, because there are advantages to a small size.

I respect you keeping your judges secret. The reason hadn't occured to me before you mentioned it. Just so long as they know what they're doing, it's all good.

And yes, I always support a j-rock panel...though it's one of those things that needs be handled with absolute care, otherwise you risk alienating new interest while only catering to a few hardcore obsessees. It's gotta be approachable for everyone, but interesting even for those who are already in deep. I mean, if you guys don't have anything official going on, then it's up to me once again to spread the love on my own. ^_-

[EDIT: I just tried to be more coherant.]

Blade Shot
05-26-2003, 11:37 PM
Heh, i was thinking about not going because the site gave where it was and that was about it. No guests listed, no activities... reminded me of a tupperware party... But I will rethink my plans once I see this update.

Bayman
05-30-2003, 04:07 PM
heh, that's such an interesting way to put a convention, like a big tupperware party...I didn't even know people were still having tupperware parties =-P But don't worry, should all go according to plan, we'll have our website updated this weekend. =-)

and Yui, for the actual poses, do you mean that standard issue lean/grab the nearest tree branch pose that every cosplayer seems to do? =-p What's with that pose? Does it run in the genes of every cosplayer? seriously, I might create a porta tree, so when cosplayers have their picture taken, they can just pop out the tree, and then they can lean up against the branches =-P

a light update by
Jake Minol
Head of Kazecon

Yui
06-02-2003, 03:34 PM
Well, that's why I like having props with all my costumes...because then I don't have to grab random foliage. But actually, the tree branch is an improvement over someone simply running through the hallway, carrying all their dealers' room bags and cameras and getting photo-sniped as they pass. (I've noticed that at Katsu, the popular pose was aim weapons at forced perspective towards the camera. At ACen, the popular pose was two people, hands both together, heads to the camera. I guess each con has it's own photo theme or something. Still much nicer than just a head-on shot, tho.)
...Yeah...so I'll investigate more to see if peeps are interested, but I plan on doing more detail shots or portraits rather than what is normally seen in con reports. Because people spent a lot of time making their cosplays, so they ought to have unique pictures for their work.

Daitenshi
06-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Hey, I'll be at Kazecon!

Hey Jake, I'm still alive I swear, I've just been working too hard to spend time on AIM. I'll hopefully be able to give you a write-up (which is also why it's taking so long) of ideas for the masquerade. =D

Seeing this thread and knowing that Yui is going actually renewed my faith in this con. Seriously!

And as for LLNN, I'll talk to Lionel and see if he can make it. There are so many cons in October, though, that his flight schedule may be too crazy @_@

CuteButDeadly
06-07-2003, 01:44 PM
I think that the con should set up a place for people to take nicer pictures of there costumes. A nice neutral colored back drop set of to the side is all you need. Than you wouldn't have to have a porta tree :)

Yui
06-07-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Daitenshi
Seeing this thread and knowing that Yui is going actually renewed my faith in this con. Seriously!

...Oro?
This is too weird. I seem to keep unintentionally coercing way out of state people to come to this. O_o Oh well, any con I can cosplay at + other cool people who come = success by my standards. I really don't need anything else. ^_^

Although...wherever you have the artist tables, it'd be really nice to have that neutral background + outlet access so I could help with photos and j-rock video showing without having to abandon my post. ^_-

kylash327
06-07-2003, 09:38 PM
I definetly plan on being at Kazecon 03!

zor
06-10-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Megumi-chan
Is anyone going to Kazecon? It's October 10-12 in Rosemont. Here's a link to the website!
http://www.kazecon.com/
I'm going! I'm gonna be Deedlit from Record of Lodoss War! See you there!

Deedlit?! She's my fav. from Lodoss War! ^_^ I want to see pics of that...

I may be able to go to that one... if I can save enough. GenCon in July takes a good deal of money and effort to get to. ^_^ It also depends on school schedules too. I'll be in networking classes and labs then.

Yui
07-28-2003, 10:52 PM
Hey, just stickied the attending cosplay.com member list in the Chicagoland Cosplay Club forum. Anyone else with plans of going, let us know. ^_-

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13702

Evergrace
08-10-2003, 09:39 AM
im there, unfortunately as an overdone character though, but hey, ima newbie, whaddya expect? (btw the overdone char. is Inu.)

CapsuleCorp
08-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Hey, the more cosplayers, the better, doesn't matter who you're cosplaying. :)

After hanging out with Jake and looking at the *updated* flyer this weekend with the complete, correct guest list and hotel location, I'm totally stoked! Kazecon looks like it's going to be a load of fun. I'll bring Dende and Hiei and have a grand old time!

Mizuho
08-13-2003, 06:16 PM
I'm excited about Kazecon-- hopefully I'll make it out there for it!

It is appropriately named for a convention in the Chicago area.... I can imagine Kazecon becoming somewhat popular just because of its indeniably charming name. ^_^ Hopefully we'll see a lot of people there!

If you do an art gallery/artists alley, I'd love to participate! I'll keep checking the website for updates!

jaxxy
08-14-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Bayman

Jake Minol
Head of Kazecon

i think that the walk-on and skit entries go sepertate, so maybe if u let us that people can do both the walk on and the skit portion of the competition. i also think there should be a stage, and maybe not in a hotel-like setting, maybe in the convention itself(if possible, without over exceeding the budget) so now for some questions....when do you think the cosplay competition information will be avialble? also how do we reigster for the competitions? When will kazecon's site will be updated?

Frank Vanguard
08-19-2003, 04:07 AM
Well folks, after much consternation and stress we've FINALLY got aroudn to doing something with that little thing we call a website. It actually has information on it!!

There's still some information missing there, but it is more vibrant with info than before...

I like that word. Vibrant.

Cosplay rules are being tweaked as we speak and will be up when they are ready! There has been talk about a cash rpize in the rumor mill and I'll confirm it. We've got 4 cash prizes. $400 for best skit and best costume AND $100 for second place in both of those catagories.

There WILL be an AMV contest.. the rules are on the site... we're still debating on prizes for that but i assure you it will be worthwhile. We're also trying a new deal with that... we're VJing the AMV... experimental convention work continues.

Also our guest list has been updated! We're short on a few bios but some of those names should be recgonizable. There are a few guests not mentioned there that have been confirmed as well... that info will be on the site as soon as it is ready.

Anyway, I'm sure there's plnety of questions so feel free to ask them!

-G. David Rife II
Head of Guest Relations, Vendor's Relations, AMV and other stuff.

jaxxy
08-20-2003, 01:50 AM
i went to the brand new website and i am a little confused, so the cosplay event is actually a music video? or is there a live competition in the con? and if so how do we register for a live competiton?

Frank Vanguard
08-20-2003, 02:51 AM
i went to the brand new website and i am a little confused, so the cosplay event is actually a music video? or is there a live competition in the con? and if so how do we register for a live competiton?

Let me clarify... AMVtv is our music video contest (which I mentioned becuase there are people who cosplay that also do AMVs)

The cosplay will be on stage, much like every other cosplay... the catch is the cash prize mentioned before.

The rules for cosplay have not ben finished yet (I'll let you guys know as soon as they are) but, for the most part, we're trying to follow the basic guidelines that most cosplay contests follow.

Hope that helps.

-the Dave

darkangel998
08-25-2003, 10:22 AM
I will be attending as well. You'll see me as either Goku (Saiyuki or Farfarello)

SoulCrash
08-25-2003, 03:50 PM
Since this is a Kazecon thread. I'm going to be there staffing for the con as there... CAMERAMAN. So, prepare yourself. Cause I'll be filming like a MOFO!

Serria
08-29-2003, 03:57 PM
Ooh! I'm going! It'll be my first con! I'll be cosplaying FFVII Aeris, too! :D

Daitenshi
09-02-2003, 06:10 AM
Just a little more than a month to go~ I'm excited to see everyone there!

Illia Sadri
09-02-2003, 10:33 PM
Well, another Kazecon department head creeps out of lurking to post.

Yeah we are hoping for it to be a ton of fun. The ideas we have been tossing around and throwing together will hopefully make us a bit memorable.

I think Dave already mentioned some of the major events and such which I thank him for.

Also anyone have any questions regarding the con, feel free to ask. I am sure Dave is up for any inqueries and I can try to answer any questions you guys have at illia@starvingartistanime.com We can try to answer anything you are curious about that is not on our site, as long as it is something that is okay to go public.

Oh and for new announcements: Steve Bennet will be attending Kazecon. I just got everything finalized with him several hours ago and he is looking forward to coming and running his usual cel painting classes, taking comissions at the IC Entertainment table and also his quite popular "How to talk to Girls" Panel. He's always a blast to have at a convention so we are looking forward to having him.

Daitenshi
09-03-2003, 07:03 PM
Steve's coming! Yay!
I think I'm looking forward to the guest party more than the con =P

TheLoneWolf
09-03-2003, 08:39 PM
As Jake knows.....I'll be there ^^.

Illia Sadri
09-03-2003, 09:43 PM
Steve's coming! Yay!
I think I'm looking forward to the guest party more than the con =P

Oh we have a fun bunch of guests. There will be good parties.

Also I know a few hard partying otaku who will be in attendance and make things quite interesting for us. I am hoping it will be a blast.

Heck, half the reasons I go to cons is because you meet cool people. Good people, cuties in costumes...... makes it well worthwhile.

Basic Beecicchi
09-04-2003, 09:27 AM
Any word on the Artists' Alley? [edit: got my reply :D]

i'm gonna try to make it after all. you guys don't mind me walking around with my bat, do you? :3 :3 i'd still be "in character" XD XD

CapsuleCorp
09-04-2003, 11:00 PM
I'm definitely coming now - as Dende and Hiei. And I got Vic Mignogna to cosplay, I'm going to make sure he's Kurz Weber. That can't be too hard a shirt to whip out...

Illia Sadri
09-05-2003, 12:48 AM
I'm definitely coming now - as Dende and Hiei. And I got Vic Mignogna to cosplay, I'm going to make sure he's Kurz Weber. That can't be too hard a shirt to whip out...

Hahhaa, well at least you are doing costumes that will be identified.

Let's see my last costume was identified by 16 people at ACEN and all of 22 at Otakon. Since nobody has seen Gatekeepers, or at least up to the point where the villain came in. And Reiji was really a very cool character.

I figure like 5 people MAY know my character since Gatekeepers 21 is airing on Tech TV. Need to finish my Satoka costume since the sword will be the major challenge. But she is cute. Hee hee Head of security wielding a large sword made of wood. I need to do something to compensate for my rather dimunitive size.

And nice to see Vic has a few fans. ;) I am looking forward to meeting him since I have heard he is really a very cool guy.

Regarding Basic Beecicchi's bat comment. Not sure if you are serious or not but I have no problem with a bat. I am head of security so I can make that call.... just don't swing it around and it is fine. Actually I find some of the odd costume proponents and such like wire protruding, huge wings etc, as a much larger problem than props pending the user is responsible and as long as it is legal to carry it in public.

Basic Beecicchi
09-05-2003, 10:52 AM
Heh. I'm sorry if i scared you for a bit. Yeah, one of Tommy Vercetti's props is a bat, and no, i don't intend on swinging it like a baffoon. I might pose with it, but i won't be swinging it around bashing property.

I know metal and metal objects are now becoming out of the question for a lot of conventions; I wasn't sure on wood or visible wooden objects.

Illia Sadri
09-05-2003, 12:30 PM
Heh. I'm sorry if i scared you for a bit. Yeah, one of Tommy Vercetti's props is a bat, and no, i don't intend on swinging it like a baffoon. I might pose with it, but i won't be swinging it around bashing property.

I know metal and metal objects are now becoming out of the question for a lot of conventions; I wasn't sure on wood or visible wooden objects.

My stance is if it has a sharp edge it needs to remain sheathed and peace knotted etc. No guns etc. I know that a lot of costumes require props that can be used as weapons. I don't want to censor cosplay which a handful of conventions is doing. Unless something is a major security risk or the person is being an idiot, I am not going to really stop people.

But yeah, a baseball bat is perfectly fine. Posing with it is fine. Actually that is probably the one Tommy Vercetti weapon that can be brought to a convention and to do him you do need a weapon of some sort. Only thing I would say to be careful of is if you go to panels or main programing events to make sure it is not sticking out in an aisle or something where someone can trip. That is really the worst scenario I can see with that prop short of someone doing a too good Tommy Vercetti impression. ;)

But wood weapons is fine. They are blunt. Heck, I am going to have a 4 to 4 and a half foot sword carved out of wood....

CapsuleCorp
09-07-2003, 09:06 PM
Head of security carrying a large wooden sword? I'm certainly going to have to take a picture of that!!!

And don't worry about recognizability. I had all of four people at DragonCon (20,000+ people) know Hiei. You just never know!

daguru
09-08-2003, 05:23 PM
I've been searching all my life (well actually a couple months) for a tommy vercetti cosplayer. now that i know one is going, I MUST GO!!! I can never find the perfect shirt for tommy, where'd ya get yours?

by the way, I will be a pyramid head from silent hill 2.

Yui
09-09-2003, 02:41 AM
It's good to hear that there seems to be a reasonable adult in charge of security here...unlike...ahem...some other cons elsewhere. Glad that there's not going to be ridiculous peace-bonded with flagging tape or anything.
X_X* That seriously is the one of the biggest possible drags on hall cosplay.

Basic Beecicchi
09-09-2003, 09:31 AM
I've been searching all my life (well actually a couple months) for a tommy vercetti cosplayer. now that i know one is going, I MUST GO!!! I can never find the perfect shirt for tommy, where'd ya get yours?

by the way, I will be a pyramid head from silent hill 2.

o_o .... wow. i feel honored. :D thank you~!

ironically, i found mine at a Wal-Mart sale. it was hanging up in a lonely place on the mens 'radical' t-shirt section. and it was on sale. [if i told you the price, you'd be shocked.]

but i was ready to look in over 30 stores. it only took me 3 to find it. if you see something close to his shirt, i recommend you get it no matter what the cost. g'luck with finding his shirt. [i know mine's not exact, but if you saw it, you'd be thinking "that's damn close". :)]

below : another close-up of his shirt. [Yeah, i know he doesn't have a pattern that goes down. but it's THAT blue mix that made me buy it :D :D :D]

Mara
09-10-2003, 08:49 PM
I will surely be at Kazecon. And finally, I have finished my Karla from Record of Lodoss War, so I'll be wearing that, and the JRock costume in my avatar <-----

4 1/2 more weeks!

Yui
09-25-2003, 11:38 PM
So I actually went to look at what's on the Kazecon site just to see what was up, and what stood out was the 'dress code' for the formal dance, which I actually found somewhat insulting.
Yes, people should be decently covered, tasteful, clean (and shaven) for a formal event -- even if it is a bit over-the-top cheesy with the red carpet and all. But that it's even noted that dresses should be only for girls - that was a scarey and surprisingly conservative call for such a sub-cultish thing as an anime con to even consider. Hey, anyone who has the body to wear a skirt really -ought- to. I mean, are IDs checked at the door to ensure that your gender preference matches your actual sex?

Maybe I'm taking this to the extreme, but that rubs very much opposite to the crowd I -hope- would be in attendance. I don't know. I don't dance, so there's absolutely no reason to show up for that portion of the activities if there aren't going to be any pretty goth boys about.
Looks like it's time for the non-official j-rock hallway party to form!

CapsuleCorp
09-27-2003, 12:09 AM
ROTFL oh dear. Well, I've never been one for formal dances anyway, so this crossplayer is going to be hanging out in the hallway instead.

It does say cosplay will be admitted according to the rules, so I'm guessing that includes crossplay if it's "formal" enough.

Is there a schedule that says WHEN these events, and other programming, will be? It'd be nice to know so I can plan what I'm wearing when.

Illia Sadri
09-29-2003, 06:31 PM
Um..... I suppose certain things were not worded the best on that and I will appologize on the behalf of everyone with the convention if it offended people.

Basically, if you are female and want to dress in a suit and tie for the formal dance we will certainly not stop anything nor will we stop males from wearing dresses if they so choose as long as it is appropriate for the dance.

We are not going to be gender specific here. We understand that not everyone at a convention is entirely conventional in their dress preference or gender.

Sorry for any problems that may have caused.

J. Lynn Hunt
-Kazecon's Head of Security

CapsuleCorp
09-29-2003, 10:34 PM
Oops, I missed the pre-reg deadline. Guess I'm not going to the formal either way. (cover charge? HAH! no way)

Illia Sadri
09-29-2003, 11:13 PM
Lucky you... I am obligated to be at the formal as department heads are stuck making an appearance. *sigh*

I much rather keep my Satoka (Gatekeepers 21) costume. She is cool.... not to mention the sword. That makes it worthwhile in itself. Much better than digging for a formal dress to wear.

Yui
09-30-2003, 10:15 PM
Okay, I suppose that was just a ...'test' or something? ^_- I was just concerned what you guys were implying. But a typo's understandable.

Heh, I just wanted an excuse to have another j-rock party, anyway. (So if anyone else out there finds a prom-quality dance not your thing, just look for a group of people who would absolutely not pass the dress code and come join us for silly-creepy PVs and Psycho para-para. ^o^)

Yui
09-30-2003, 11:45 PM
Another note:

Though there will be no official cp.c crew in attendence (nor even Lionel nor Kevin) at Kaze, it has fallen to the C^3 to organize the cosplayer photoshoot. It is not just a C^3 shoot...it is for any members of this site (tho due to size of the con and location most of them will, by default, be C^3 members as well.)

So the official non-official shoot will be 1 pm Saturday (the normal timeframe for this) and will most likely last about 1/2 an hour. So plan for it, and stay tuned for further details. Thank you. >^_^<

Illia Sadri
10-01-2003, 12:06 AM
Another note:

Though there will be no official cp.c crew in attendence (nor even Lionel nor Kevin) at Kaze, it has fallen to the C^3 to organize the cosplayer photoshoot. It is not just a C^3 shoot...it is for any members of this site (tho due to size of the con and location most of them will, by default, be C^3 members as well.)

So the official non-official shoot will be 2 pm Saturday (the normal timeframe for this) and will most likely last about 1/2 an hour. So plan for it, and stay tuned for further details. Thank you. >^_^<

Well, I wish I had a contact for these guys because he would be more than welcome to come and we would be glad to give a press badge to him if he opted to come out. I actually find it difficult to contact those I am not familiar with personally. *shrug*

On thh plus side for those who will want good photos of the convention cosplayers, Kevin Lillard, best to our knowledge will be in attendance at Kazecon. So we will have someone getting some good shots of the lovely cosplayers.

But anyone wishing to organize a cosplay photoshoot is more than welcome to do so, unofficial or not. Anyone who is actually with cosplay.com and wants to come out that would be great, if not, perhaps next year. It's all good with us.

As far as the whole J-rock party.... we actually have a panel on j-rock that should be going on during the formal dance, whcih was set specifically with those in mind who are not into the whole formal thing since obviously the two audiences would be quite varied. ;) So we did not leave you guys entirely isolated. Heck formal stuff is hardly my cup of tea... I rather have my huge unweildy sword than see if I have a dress that would work for this thing. Chances are at the first strike of bad 80's music I will probably have to seek you guys out actually. :)

Actually we are trying to have some sort of feeble programing going on during things such as the dances and masquerade because it is not everybody's cup of tea and goodness knows how annoying it is when there is nothing going on merely because a major event is happening.

Yui
10-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Well, I'm sure they'd appreciate the offer, but no one lives anywhere close to this area at all - and this upcoming weekend, they'll all be hitting Ani-Magic anyway - so it's a little late in the con year to spontaneously decide to hit a brand new con. (For the record though, they're all very friendly, so don't feel shy to contact Kyle, Al or Lionel in the future....especially about something important like cosplay photography. ^o^) I hope some of us local mini-mods will suffice in this case, at least. We're aiming to document as many cosplayers as we can, and we will make the pictures available through galleries here and possibly on the C^3 site as well.

Hehehe...and a j-rock 'panel' huh? I guess no one has done research of j-rock panels at other cons? (They tend to be cursed, uncomfortable things.) I just don't think a panel is the correct format to present j-rock in, but...well, good luck to whoever got stuck running it. ^_^**
Anyway, don't worry about trying to entertain cosplayers with B-side programming; we're quite experienced at amusing ourselves. But thanks for thinking about us other people tho. ^_-

CapsuleCorp
10-01-2003, 11:27 PM
Any chance of a sketchy schedule going online before the con, Illia, or do we just have to take our chances at the show?

And what time will registration be open on Friday morning? I'll be in town the night before so I'm ready to rock anytime (after Vic finds me so I can give him his silly Kurz Weber shirt...sheesh).

Bummer about being forced to go to the formal, too. ;) But I think giant swords go with frilly dresses, don't you?

Dragon Sama
10-03-2003, 09:30 AM
Any chance of a sketchy schedule going online before the con, Illia, or do we just have to take our chances at the show?

And what time will registration be open on Friday morning? I'll be in town the night before so I'm ready to rock anytime (after Vic finds me so I can give him his silly Kurz Weber shirt...sheesh).

Bummer about being forced to go to the formal, too. ;) But I think giant swords go with frilly dresses, don't you?

I have the same questions. Oh and hey, I'm going to Kazecon too! I decided yesterday xD I know I don't like how the fall cons are all clumped together in October either. So I'm not going/ didnt go to Anime Reactor, but thats alright! I will be going as Belldandy with wings, all hand made by scratch baby, YEAH! [I am one hyper Bell =.=] But I have been working on the costume forever and want to use it more often, ya know? So I am trying to go to all the cons I ca... but then I remember... lack of fundage. Darnit. CapsuleCorp, I love your Dende costume, it's sooo cool :p

Um um um and about Kazecon, I'll be going on Saturday... do you think the line is going to be as outrageous as Anime Central?! Anyone remember that?! I waited 5 hours to register, then later that day no one was in line at all. Does anyone have any suggestions as to when I should register? Thanks!

-

CapsuleCorp
10-03-2003, 08:35 PM
*blushies* Thanks Dragon Sama! I'll be wearing it Saturday at Kazecon so you can see it in person. I can't decide if I want to carry the 4-star ball or the 2-star ball, though. ;)

Dragon Sama
10-03-2003, 09:07 PM
You have got to carry the four-star ball, it has a heck lot more meaning and symbolism than the two star one, I think! I can't wait to see you there, talk to you later. Ja

Yui
10-04-2003, 01:17 AM
Hey, are you sure that Kevin Lillard will be around? (I mean, did you specifically ask him?) He tends to just list every con he's been told about on his site, whether he'll be at them or not. (As you might note that there were 3 cons this weekend alone.) Anyway, I was just wondering.

Anyway, everyone else note that the cp.c photo op will now be at the 'early' standard time - 1 pm Saturday. This is by request so as to not interfere with some con activities being run by C^3 members as well as a consideration to the photographers who have volunteered to help (who needed the earlier time.)

So 1 pm. It's not going to change again. Thanks everyone.

SoulCrash
10-07-2003, 12:21 PM
What Yui just said, I'm wondering if you guys want to take the group shot in the "main lobby" of the con. Where's the Main Programming, Regs, and Dealers Room will be at. Here's a pic of the hotel to show you guys on what I'm talking about ..

http://forums.cosplay.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4001

Note: This ISN'T the offical floor plan of Kazecon, it's the floor plan of ACen99 when they used to be there...

Yui
10-07-2003, 08:58 PM
Yeah, my first ACen was 2000, so I didn't know the hotel lay-out. (Good thinking. ^_-)
That sounds like a plan...even tho it isn't necessarily Kaze's lay-out, that seems a good central area. (Are you indicating the circled area or the arrow that seems to be pointing at the end of Concourse A?) Anyway, you can pick it, and we can leave some little signs up just so everyone knows for sure.

SoulCrash
10-07-2003, 09:14 PM
(Are you indicating the circled area or the arrow that seems to be pointing at the end of Concourse A?) Anyway, you can pick it, and we can leave some little signs up just so everyone knows for sure.

I'm indicating the circled area on the map. That's the only suggestion I can think of that I would work for a group shot. If we use Concourse A, there's no way in hell it would work cause it's a narrow hallway. Anyways, we can always change the location once we get there.

On the side note: Will the group pic be at 1pm on Saturday or will it be after the masquerade?

Yui
10-07-2003, 10:54 PM
The cp.c gathering...of whatever the turn-out actually will be, will be at 1 pm. That's the one where everybody on the board simply sits in a big group to prove we were there or whathaveyou. ^_^*

...However, during/after the masquerade, I am willing and able to get shots of the participants directly after they perform/walk-on - so there's no need to wait until the masquerade is over entirely. I'm thinking it's going to be too confused to get everybody who went up all at once in a big group shot. Besides, people will have different plans for the evening and costumes might be getting uncomfortable by that hour.
The only disclaimer to that is I may be acting as a stage ninja for some friends who have to do a massive costume swap in under a minute...but besides that, I don't intend to view the show live myself, so I'll be free to get small group shots in the hallway outside.

CapsuleCorp
10-07-2003, 10:55 PM
I thought 1 pm was the firm time. What time is the Masquerade? See, without a schedule, nobody knows anything about when to meet up and do stuff!

And I STILL don't know what time to be there Friday morning to get my registration!

SoulCrash
10-07-2003, 11:36 PM
For the peeps who's going to Kazecon. If you guys got a Hi8/D8 camcorder, and a tripod, and want to help my ass out in filming the some events (like the masquerade) let me know. Cause I need one (it would be nice if I can get TWO) spare camcorder, and TWO tripods. So I can get three different camera angles for the masquerade. Did I mention you'll get a free copy of the masquerade if you help my ass out?

I'm just saying this cause I'm having a feeling that my second guy (which is my city/high school friend) on camera will bail out on me...

--------------------------
Edited: if you want to find me easily, I'll most likely be hanging around in the Main Programming room filming the "Main" Events during the con...

Also, please you guys say hi to me when you see me at Main Prog. So I can feel loved while I'm at duty....... Cause it gets REALLY lonely filming events....

Yui
10-08-2003, 02:33 AM
1 pm is the firm time. Two separate photo ops there. 1 pm is for everybody and anybody who's a member on this site.
After the masquerade is just an optional (more personal) documentating of the groups off stage, whether the cosplayers are members of this site or not.
What I'm confused about is that the dance is -after- the masquerade? I think people are used to masquerades as the finale of the evening (and the whole con really.) This, though, seems to spell certain logistical disaster. Oh well, I'm just an impartial observer for this con, so I'm not going to judge it myself.

Hehe...depending on what I'm wearing at the time, I won't be able to see &/or say anything much...but I'll send a minion over to say hello at least. ^o^ (What kind of tripod btw? Would a regular camera one be compatable?)

SoulCrash
10-08-2003, 06:45 AM
(What kind of tripod btw? Would a regular camera one be compatable?)

I think all tripods are the same. As long it can screw into a regular size video camcorder, it would be fine. But I need a tripod to be around more than 48 to 60 inches (4 to 5 feet) tall..

Yui
10-08-2003, 05:07 PM
Okay, yeah I just found it (surprisingly.)

Seems to be a little over 4 feet at its fully extended height. I only ever used it for regular cameras, but there seems to be enough of a base to support a camcorder just fine. Just so long as it isn't some kind of 40 pound monster or anything, it's a nice tripod. X_x*
Anyway, it's on the smaller end of your range, but I'll bring it as a back-up if you end up needing it and have absolutely nothing else.

SoulCrash
10-09-2003, 12:53 AM
Okay, yeah I just found it (surprisingly.)

Seems to be a little over 4 feet at its fully extended height. I only ever used it for regular cameras, but there seems to be enough of a base to support a camcorder just fine. Just so long as it isn't some kind of 40 pound monster or anything, it's a nice tripod. X_x*
Anyway, it's on the smaller end of your range, but I'll bring it as a back-up if you end up needing it and have absolutely nothing else.

If you get this message, I'm on my two knees right now, begging that you bring that tripod. Please? Like I said before, you'll find my in main programming. But I'll also find you somewhere in the regs line before the con so I can get the tripod set up before Opening Ceremonies. I'll promise that I'll give it back to you when you need to leave before the con is over, or maybe Closing Ceremonies.

I also need to tell you this, I might or might not use it. Cause Moe (Vicious Spike on the forums) will be my secondary camera man (using my broken down camcorder), and he said that he'll bring his tripod. But he also said that his tripod is almost to break down. So I might need it just in case.

RedPikachu
10-09-2003, 10:22 AM
i think a screening of the cubs game should be part of programming ^_^ hehe

SoulCrash
10-09-2003, 10:28 AM
i think a screening of the cubs game should be part of programming ^_^ hehe

Yeah, I think we should also have in-game updates during some events like the masquerade! Since the game starts during the masquerade (Saturday, 7:30 central time I think)

Yui
10-09-2003, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I'll bring the tripod, no problem. It's already packed with all my heads.
(You sound really desperate tho - I should have asked for something. ^_-)

Little Star
10-09-2003, 05:36 PM
Hi hi,

I shall be there, hopefully on Saturday. *fingers are crossed*
What sucks though, is it's the same weekend as the Chicago Herpetological Societies largest annual reptile show. Being a member, I have to attend. I would however, like to at least enter the cosplay.
Argh, this is going to be one hectic weekend indeed....

KuroBara
10-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Who are the 'Those Who Hunt Elves' cosplayers in the masquerade? I just saw the pics on fansview, great job!

I love that series and have had a Celcia costume in progress for ages. Reply or PM me if you plan on wearing your TWHE costumes to other cons!

Nadeshiko
10-12-2003, 01:32 PM
Congrats to my sister princess, Troppy! *^^*

True I didn't show up at the con (maybe next year), but here's the love all the way from the west side! ^.~

HEDGESMFG
10-12-2003, 03:26 PM
Yes, congrats indeed to those who won, I guess it was worth the 3 hour wait.

and it was still a fun experience for me, But Ron better get videos up soon...I want to see the FF skit from a better angle, and see my fight scene ^.^()

First year con, it needs some work, but the fans make the experience worth it for me.

Ayana
10-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Go Troppy, go Sassy...

I wasn't there, but Sassy says that I was there in spirit, so it's good ^_^

whiteswordsman
10-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Despite many setbacks and delays, I think kazecon was.......alright..... I am glad to say that I was FINALLY bestowed a cosplay name by a random group of people that saw my overflowing joy to be in the con (slightly sarcastic)..I am now Xcited Kid .....HAHA......I did cosplay this weekend (I went as Gatsu from Berserk. I'm sure everyone at least saw me once, I was the guy wearing the Leather Jockstrap.....) but because there was a cold "epidemic" in my room I was unable to get registered in time for the judging, so I just sat in the crowd and watched. There are a few things I would like to say....
1) Paine, I absolutely loved your costume.....beautiful..
2) Schwarz Bruder......I came so close to beating you, and I believe if I
would have really 'tried' I could have gotten that free admission....
3) Some people have to work on their Japanese......what is said in
anime isn't always the most accurate thing to say in front of an

whiteswordsman
10-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Despite many setbacks and delays, I think kazecon was.......alright..... I am glad to say that I was FINALLY bestowed a cosplay name by a random group of people that saw my overflowing joy to be in the con (slightly sarcastic)..I am now Xcited Kid .....HAHA......I did cosplay this weekend (I went as Gatsu from Berserk. I'm sure everyone at least saw me once, I was the guy wearing the Leather Jockstrap.....) but because there was a cold "epidemic" in my room I was unable to get registered in time for the judging, so I just sat in the crowd and watched. There are a few things I would like to say....
1) Paine, I absolutely loved your costume.....beautiful..
2) Schwarz Bruder......I came so close to beating you, and I believe if I
would have really 'tried' I could have gotten that free admission....
3) Some people have to work on their Japanese.....others have it down
*meow*

4) Dua Maxwell......AISHITERU.......seriously.......
5) If the chance ever arises for any of you, I would recommend NOT
shooting the maids with airsoft guns.......
I'll let you think about that now.........

Troppy
10-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Hello all! I was the Thief Yuna from the group that won "Best Skit" (you know... Dark Gunner Yuna, Squall, and NUMBER BOOOY!!) A few pics are in my gallery...there will be more later. The con had two thieves! That's crazy! Only ONE Squall, but two obscure Yunas. o_0 I loved your outfit though, wherever you are, and Popstar Rikku's too! ^_^

Anyway, I just wanted to thank EVERYONE for being there and clapping and laughing for us. When I enter a competition, I never really expect to win anything...I just try to have fun, and despite the *THREE HOUR* wait we costumers went through, I had a blast. It was my very first award EVER, and I couldn't be more grateful to everyone in the audience, the mobs that congratulated us afterwards, and the generally great sportsmanship. For every time there was a hint of setback, ghettoness, or disorganization, there was a positive happening that would cancel out the negative tenfold. I'm so glad you liked us, and I can't wait to see you at AnimeReactor.

:bigtu:

kickingchildren
10-12-2003, 10:02 PM
yep, i was totally surprised to see another yuna thief too. my sister was rikku, shes got a profile here too... jaxxy's her name. your skit was cool, troppy and your prize very well deserved.

CapsuleCorp
10-12-2003, 11:00 PM
excellent work, guys. Congrats on the prizes. Little Star must be absolute stunned about the best costume prize. :)

It was great to finally put faces to names on the boards here. Oh, and I guess we're all over fansview, so let's go look and revel in our wonderfulness! :D

jaxxy
10-12-2003, 11:13 PM
hey guys it is songstress rikku at kazecon i just wanted you guys to know that i started a thread on for kazecon afterthoughts at chicagoland cosplay club. some of our fellow cosplayers posted their opoions on how kazecon went!!!!!!!!!!!
come visit!!

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=22694

darkangel998
10-13-2003, 09:57 AM
I think it went very well for a First year con. There were some wrinkles. But that’s to be expected. I liked that it was a more intimate con. I think that if theres’ another, you guys will just keep getting better. We just have to get the word out about this one. To all my fellow Cosplayer, you all worked so hard, and you all looked totally fabulous.

---Annemarie
AKA: Goku / Farfarello, giver of Ghetto Pocky.

Evergrace
10-13-2003, 10:06 AM
i had fun for my first con and cosplay ever, and thats all that mattered to me! Troppy, thanks again for letting me get your picture of the cast after you guys won, that skit was helarious! (i was the guy in the inuyasha costume without the wig[i doubt that helps]) anyway i saw most of you guys but i wasnt able to make the meeting at 1 (if it ever happened) i was at the DDR competition. thanks for making my first con a great one! im trying to talk my parents into letting me go to AR.

SoulCrash
10-13-2003, 10:16 AM
For the peeps who went to Kazecon. I'm wondering if anyone of you guys caught my "We are meeting by the outside pool for a group shot" message that I posted by "pin up bulletins". Cause I was getting worry that you guys might forgot... and hope you guys look at the bulletin report board at the con...

Jonnopunk007
10-13-2003, 12:42 PM
Hey, it's number boy! Thanks so much everyone for all the compliments on our skit. We totally threw it together in like 10 min.... And while eating cold pizza. Delicious!! Anyways, major props to the tank from "Those who hunt elves" and the "Nightmares of Kazecon" groups. We really thought you guys were going to win....

MewMint
10-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Hey all! I was signed up for the masq and was feeling sick and i hurt myself pretty bad earlier and was having trouble walking so I left... I was Koyori... the purple maid/fox girl. I was happy to see such nice costumes at this small con! I really like the Rind and was sad she wasn't in the masq. Well I'll see you all at Reactor i hope... congrats to those who won. Wish i was there!

:heart: Rin

Menchi
10-13-2003, 05:06 PM
i dont know how many ppl will care or not but i got my pics up for kazecon posted...am sorrya bout the quality but my digi cam has seen better days an she is on her last leg. i hope you atleast had a lil fun at the con, but anyhow the link for the pics ^^;;

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=5486&ppuser=2925

Dragon Sama
10-13-2003, 05:48 PM
Hello everyone! I thought it was a great convention, all of you are the best! It was nice to see people from Anime Iowa again, hehe. I was a bit upset from the outcomes of the masqurade, but thats alright, win some loose some. Thankyou all for your concerns, I was alright, really ^^ All the compliments, truley flattering *blush*

I am not sire if I am going to Anime Reactor or not, but if so I cant wait to see you all again! Eventhough we had to wait so long for the masqurade it was great either ways. Great costume kickingchildren *laughs at the name* you really deserved it.

-Dragon Sama- aka "Belldandy"

CapsuleCorp
10-13-2003, 09:40 PM
You were quite the lovely Belldandy, Dragon Sama! I couldn't resist touching the wings while we were sitting around the table waiting for the show to go on. :)

I have pics up too - a couple here in my gallery, and the whole slew at http://photos.yahoo.com/staceylee25 in the Conventions 2003 folder. With some from CONvergence and Wizard World so just look for the familiar backgrounds. ;)

Dragon Sama
10-13-2003, 10:01 PM
Thankyou sooo much hehehehe! I dont know what to say, thankyou!!!!!! *blink blink, blush*

Yui
10-13-2003, 10:13 PM
This was just the most bizarre weekend I think I've ever had.
Thanks to everyone who helped everyone else out. There was a lot of love! XD

Ummeiko
10-14-2003, 12:44 AM
I had all sorts of fun at Kazecon, once we actually got there (Okay, when you're from middle of Iowa, it's insane and stressfull when your car dies in the middle of Chicago Friday Rush Hour on the interstate... and keeps dying every other mile or so...)

Thanks to everyone who did parapara with me, or complimented me on my Aya costume, since it was my first time putting together a costume of my own. Or just hung out in the halls with me at 3 AM...

MiyamotoMusashi
10-15-2003, 01:30 AM
Yes real fun weekend lots of cool costumes and people. I only wish I could go to Anime Reactor but i probably can't ARRRGGGH!

Dragon Sama
10-15-2003, 09:28 AM
There will always be another convention ^^

Dragon Sama
10-15-2003, 09:29 AM
Yui you had such a cool costume, I wanted to take a closer look but had the fear it would catch on to my costume xD whoot! Did you get an award? *tilts head* you should have. *thumbs up* I wonder if Kazecon next year will be bigger? I wonder why this one was so small... because of anime reactor maybe.

Megumi-chan
10-15-2003, 12:59 PM
Just wanted to say how much fun I had at Kazecon! It was a blast! ( I was the one with purple hair and the huge frickin' axe) So I wanted to thank all the nice peole I got totalk to and the people that organized it! Hope that every con is as fun as this!!

Menchi
10-15-2003, 01:56 PM
megami: i got a pic of ya...dont knwo how it turned out, but hope ya like it ^^;; jus bear with me an my short short term memory...but love the axe btw an great costume

MiyamotoMusashi
10-16-2003, 01:19 AM
Yes Yes but not for a while, at least for me, how sad.

This is not a real big deal or anything but i couldn't help but notice that a lot of people bought shinai's at the con and were walking around with the little red strings on them. Those are just for packaging so you probably want to cut them off. Just saying

Yui
10-16-2003, 02:00 AM
Um, my lil' impromptu group got 2nd place 'skit' (if you can call honesty a skit...tho what we intended to do before the audio fell thru was actually kinda cool...oh well, for some other time.) My job was basically to stand around and be decorative, but I guess that was effective. ^_^*

Heh, I think Kazecon was so small because no one seemed to know about it. I think the only way anyone found out about it was if somebody in C^3 brought it up, really. Still, if only people found out about it (and they managed to keep even half of their staff from bailing and moved out of that accursed hotel) it might be really cool. Definently a completely different atmosphere than any other con out there. I personally would like to see it go against the odds and come back next year. Just to spite fate.

CapsuleCorp
10-16-2003, 11:17 PM
Yeah, but you have to love how the emcee presented your group with your cash prize, Yui. ;)

SoulCrash
10-19-2003, 09:17 PM
If you guys care... I posted up video clips of the masquerade...

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=23152