PDA

View Full Version : Metrocon

Pages : [1] 2

Leona Almasy
03-29-2003, 01:43 AM
Hello everyone, I know I've been asking other Florida cosplayers about this, but now I'm branching out. How many cosplayers here will be attending Metrocon in July? It would be nice to have a gathering there for anyone interested.
The most common question I got on the other thread seemed to be "What is Metrocon?" So, the website for this is www.animemetro.com. All the pertinent info should be there. I hope to see some of you there.

scandia
03-29-2003, 06:43 AM
I am planning on going. I will be moving nearby so I hope that by then the move is complete. I will probably be either Nadeshiko Kinomoto or anime Emeraude.

yuffieleonheart
03-29-2003, 09:15 PM
i'll be x-2 yuna, possibility of : elma, arcia, rinoa or yuffie ^^ depending one which one i can wear to the ball ^^ and maybe kasumi or br for the last day

makio
03-31-2003, 12:12 AM
If you decide to bring Arcia to Metrocon, please let me know at least a couple weeks in advance. I don't have Sieg anywhere near completion (I only have the pants and shirt. LOL)... I'll bring it to wear on Saturday, since I'm wearing my Summoner Isaaru costume for the FF Ball.

Ihrie
03-31-2003, 06:46 PM
Ohh...I'm going to MetroCon. I'm going to be wearing a Seymour Guado costume that's in the making on Friday, cuz of the Ball, and Saturday I'll be doing Zax from FF7. I might whip up another costume too by then....or I might save a new one I manage to get done for AFO.

Hard Luck Woman
03-31-2003, 11:29 PM
I'm going to Metrocon as well, probably as Milly from Trigun. if anyone has plans or at least a decent picture of her big-@$$ gun, please send it to me! I have to start constructing this thing. I'll probably just wear my Prom attire to the FF ball, seeing as I doubt I could pull off any FF characters. :thumbsup:

Leona Almasy
03-31-2003, 11:35 PM
As for me, I have to start my Vampire Hunter D costume. I'll probably be D all weekend, except of course forthe ball. For that I plan to go as Rinoa's evil conscience, provided that's acceptable. Otherwise, I'll either go for an actual Rinoa costume or just prom attire.

makio
04-01-2003, 01:37 AM
Basically if you're not in FF costume, you'd have to show up in formal attire.

yuffieleonheart
04-01-2003, 03:56 PM
oh makio i heard that i might be able to go as yuffie!! but now i am torn between her and princess garnet *.* makio my arcia costume is not even started so yes i will definitly tell u in advance ^^ i will have these costumes with me

yuffie kh
princess garnet
summoner yuna
X-2 yuna
kasumi doa
arica
battle royale ^^
any mix of the costumes listed above lol

makio
04-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Right now, the only confirmed one for me is Summoner Issaru (FFX) on Friday. Saturday is a big toss up between Yagyu Jubei(Onimusha2), Wakka(KH), or Sieg Wahrheit (Chaos Legion). I'm debating on just quitting procrastination and finishing Sieg Wahrheit...I'd really like to get that one done very soon.
:devil:

yuffieleonheart
04-04-2003, 05:38 PM
*__* my bro want me to do oyu .... if only i could make armor!! ;_:

Lucifer
04-04-2003, 06:59 PM
I have no idea what I'll wear to this con, since its so far away.

makio
04-04-2003, 07:09 PM
There's a BUNCH of FAQ sheets and helpful hints on armor creation in the General Help section. I found out how to cut leather properly from there. :)

yuffieleonheart
04-05-2003, 02:41 PM
ooo nice ^^ maybe for next years megacon ^^;; i can do oyu..

makio
04-06-2003, 12:52 AM
No rush. Personally, I hadn't planned on going as Jubei until AFO4. :)

I'm more concerned with finishing Sieg and Summoner Isaaru since Goofy(KH) and Anji Mito (GGXX) are nearing completion.

yuffieleonheart
04-06-2003, 02:38 PM
hai ^.^ yes i hope to have arcia done for afo, if not atleast by megacon ^.^

PretearWink
04-08-2003, 05:23 PM
I'm gonna be there for the FFball as reg Rikku...and if I can get it done in time, I'm hoping for Dark Magician Girl to be done^_^ I'm about 20% in to it so far^_^

Edit: By the way, you can go in costume to the ffball as just about anyone (including non-ff) as long as it isn't too horribly skimpy, would hinder others dancing (like big wings and armor), or wouldn't be considered apropriate (like a giant stuffed animal). Just use your commen sense^_^ Other than those, any costume is welcome with the exception of FFX main cast members like Yuna or Tidus ad such^_^ Though, people who want to be random Al Bhed and Blitzball players are really, really appreciated^_^

yuffieleonheart
04-08-2003, 05:39 PM
*__* is this on friday or on sat??? *the ff ball* hmm... decisions.. i dunno if i wanna wear princess garnet or yuffie kh

Ihrie
04-08-2003, 08:36 PM
It's on Friday night from 8-12 I believe. Ohhhh....and wear princess garnet, I think that would be a great idea ^_^

I'll bring my Zidane costume, maybe we can take some pics after the ball...?

yuffieleonheart
04-08-2003, 09:06 PM
ooo !!! yesm ^.^ that's a must princess garnet it is ^^ wee lol i wanna take pics dancing with ya lol XD

SeymourMother
04-09-2003, 03:15 PM
I wish I COULD go >_< I wanna take pics.

Arisa
04-09-2003, 09:53 PM
Selphie here. Crappy costume. x_X

PretearWink
04-09-2003, 09:58 PM
Hopefully I'll have my little sis' Eiko done by Metrocon for the ball! A group piccy with Zidane and Garnet is soooo needed! ^_^

yuffieleonheart
04-10-2003, 03:23 PM
that would be so kewl wink ^.^!! weee lol the ball sounds like so much fun ^-^. i probably am gonna start working on my garnet outfit soon. hopefully *__*

makio
04-10-2003, 06:01 PM
Being Summoner Isaaru, I wonder if it'd be proper for me to walk and dance around with an Ifrit(Grothia) plushie... >_>

yuffieleonheart
04-10-2003, 06:41 PM
LOL makio ^.^ why not ^^

Ihrie
04-11-2003, 11:52 AM
Hmmmm....well aaron's not casting any aeons except Shiva.....so why not bring your own...? What's a summoner without their aeons..........*pictures how long Yuna would last in a battle without aeons*

makio
04-12-2003, 12:17 AM
I didn't know if Aaron actually was casting any aeons... 'til now. Would've been cool to see a Bahamut ("Spathi", for Isaaru) meandering around the ball. :D

yuffieleonheart
04-12-2003, 10:48 PM
*_* my friend is makine a buhumut costume but it's for otakon ^^;

makio
04-13-2003, 01:14 AM
Did you decide on what you'll do for that Saturday yet?

yuffieleonheart
04-13-2003, 12:45 PM
me?? lol??? um dunno yet *_* i really wanna do yuffie at one point since my friends are gonna be kh selphie and i finally convinced my friend to be kh aeris *_*

Lucifer
04-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Just curious but is anyone here casted at the Final Fantasy Ball? I only know about the Paine who was casted, but nothing about anyone else?

And, if you're not casted would they allow you to be in costume? I heard at awa if you weren't in the cast you were expected to wear formal attire (since its a ball), so that you wouldn't be confused with those working at the ball.

yuffieleonheart
04-14-2003, 02:28 PM
hehe i didn't know they were taking ffx-2 character ?

makio
04-14-2003, 07:45 PM
Yeah, they're taking FFX/X-2 characters apparently. As for costumes, the website says you can go in Final Fantasy costume or formal attire.

yuffieleonheart
04-14-2003, 07:50 PM
*_* damn.. i would have tried out as X-2 yuna.

makio
04-14-2003, 09:39 PM
Send in an application anyway. :)

Lucifer
04-14-2003, 10:09 PM
Sweet. I might stick around for this, maybe make an updated Cloud (my buster sword is collecting dust).

makio
04-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Yuffie: I'll definitely have Sieg done in time for JACON, however if you want me to bring him to Metrocon as well, let me know. :) It'll give me time to revise the costume (if needbe).

As for the Final Fantasy Ball, I'm looking forward to seeing the various FF costumes depicted there. Last year, we had a surprise "Tonberry" guest enter the ball near the end... a young kid, with a dead on costume complete with lantern and butcher's knife. :) I think the site has pictures of him too...

yuffieleonheart
04-15-2003, 01:26 PM
makio ^.^ i will send an application for x-2 yuna ^.^ well i don't think i'll have arcia till metrocon but i'll let ya know ^^

yuffieleonheart
04-15-2003, 01:35 PM
*_* lol don't i feel stupid. well i was typing out the application and all of a sudden i accidentally press enter and i sent it but it was only half typed -.- so i had to resend it lol.. poor guy he's gonna have like 2 emails from me ^^;;;

Arisa
04-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Sily Nikki. ^^;

XLainoftheWired
04-17-2003, 07:34 PM
I plan on going. I think I will be wandering around as a lonely Haibane for most of the con, but the main costume I am planning for it is Kyosuke. Maybe I can come up with another in good time.

makio
04-18-2003, 05:10 PM
A friend of mine suggested a "Blade of the Immortal" cosplay group for Metrocon... if this sounds okay with anyone else, I'd be glad to join up.

makio
04-25-2003, 06:52 AM
It figures I wouldn't think of this until payday... but does anyone know if the hotel that Metrocon is being hosted in still has any vacancies?

Lucifer
04-25-2003, 11:06 AM
I would assume so. I have been to that hotel before and its pretty big.

yuffieleonheart
04-25-2003, 12:55 PM
i already reserved my room ^^ this was last weekend ^^ i think they still have vacancies

XLainoftheWired
04-25-2003, 01:25 PM
how much do thier rooms run? anyone got an idea? I have a place to stay in St. pete but I sure would like to avoid the 30-60 transit minutes twice a day

yuffieleonheart
04-25-2003, 01:35 PM
75$ a night

XLainoftheWired
04-25-2003, 06:42 PM
::head explodes::

makio
04-25-2003, 07:36 PM
That's actually not too bad. The hotel's really nice (I went there for Necronomicon'02). I should see what their group rates are, if any...

yuffieleonheart
04-25-2003, 08:08 PM
well that's what the website says ^^ if u tell them that u are going to metrocon it's 75$ a night which imo isn't bad ^^

makio
04-26-2003, 03:52 AM
I took a look at Metrocon's website tonight (apparently they must've made some serious updates since I last viewed it)... and the events scheduled sounds downright amazing... hell, almost on the virge of "see-to-believe". :eek: I'm pretty anxious now...

yuffieleonheart
04-26-2003, 11:37 AM
;_______; it won't let me on their website

makio
04-26-2003, 05:46 PM
http://www.metroconventions.com

Did try that...? I know the URL changed a month or so ago.

yuffieleonheart
04-26-2003, 06:06 PM
thankies makio ^_^

Leona Almasy
04-26-2003, 08:41 PM
Hi all. My suggestion for rooms would be to go with other people and split the cost. I'll be going with a group of friends and using the room for storage only. ^_^ What does everyone say to trying to do a get together sometime during the con?

XLainoftheWired
04-26-2003, 08:51 PM
im all for it, if it saves me money, hell's yes

yuffieleonheart
04-26-2003, 09:45 PM
i am already splitting my room with some friends ^^ but i would love to meet up just too meet each other ^^

Leona Almasy
05-06-2003, 09:01 PM
Yay! Room and tickets booked! At least three of my friends and I now have a room to store all of our junk in while we stay awake for hours on end with the help of caffeine and pocky.
On the topic of meeting, maybe we could do a group lunch or dinner one of the days. Or a group photoshoot perhaps? I'm just throwin ideas around. ::gets hit by idea:: Ouch.
Anyhow, does anyone know how many people on this site plan on going to Metro Con? I know that I'm going. So are my friends Hard Luck Woman and EternalEmbers, plus two friends that aren't members of the site. Yuffieleonhart's going. How about Makio?
That's all from me now.

makio
05-07-2003, 12:58 AM
I'm there, especially since I'm casted in the Final Fantasy Ball that Friday night. ;) Which of course, they still have openings for, so for anyone who'd like to join and haven't already applied -- definitely do so.

I've got costumes set for Friday/Saturday... but Sunday's still open, so if anyone has ideas; feel free to drop'em.

Leona Almasy
05-07-2003, 04:59 PM
That's great Makio! Who are you on cast as? ::reminds self to work on costumes, study for exams and finish final english journals:: Hope to see you there.

Anyone else going? XLain? And is anyone interested in doing a group meal sometime during the convention?

yuffieleonheart
05-07-2003, 05:04 PM
well i am packed with costumes ~_~ lol, but maybe having lunch together would be nice ^_^ i would go for somthing on sat or sunday, since many people will be busy with the ball and all ^_^

Leona Almasy
05-07-2003, 08:16 PM
Yeah, lunch on Sunday maybe? One last get together before leaving, that sort of deal. I'm open to suggestion,so, whatever.

makio
05-08-2003, 12:16 AM
Summoner Isaaru. :)

I won't start the costume til' June though... expenses and all.

Raine
05-08-2003, 09:05 PM
I'm definitely going to MetroCon! Weeheee! Much much fun! I'll be there as Rinoa, Ballroom Rinoa(For the FFBall - even though there will probably be a million others), Raine, and maybe even a kimono if I feel up to it. I may get some other costume done in time, but.. I doubt it.

Jess-Jess
05-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Hey, I'm probably going seeing as how Tampa is only 50 min. away and I wouldn't need to spend money on a hotel :) I'll probably still be Yuna at that time, but I just might be able to get my Sakura-chan from Naruto done by then....Well, I just hope it's going to be fun^.^ Also, about the final fantasy ball, I have emailed one of the head guys about who you could dress up as, (since I was planning to wear an X-2 Yuna outfit) and the guy said that you can't be Yuna, or Rikku from X-2, and that you couldn't portray any major characters from X. But if you wanted to, you could be blitzball players, or side characters. And you could also be anyone (to my knowledge) from any of the other FFs. Hope that helps! :) See you guys there!

Jessie >^..^<

yuffieleonheart
05-09-2003, 08:40 PM
weeeee another yunie!! *glomps* ^_^ i must take piccies with you!o^-^o

Jess-Jess
05-10-2003, 07:18 PM
I'd love to meet up w/ you! :) Are you going to be there the whole weekend? We'll all definitally have to get a big pic taken., or something ^.^ Can't wait to see you all there :)

yuffieleonheart
05-10-2003, 10:42 PM
yes i will be there all weekend! ^_^ i'll bring both of my yuna costumes with me ^_^

Cactuarsama
05-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Ill be there as hamel and tetsuro........and im wearing an irish dress to ffball and mi making a big yevon flag.......just cuz i feel like it ^ ^

yuffieleonheart
05-11-2003, 12:16 PM
*_* i think i am now gonna try out for the ffball ^^;; wink convinced me to lol

makio
05-11-2003, 12:23 PM
I wish I knew how to airbrush paint... I'd gladly make flags/banners of all the Blitzball teams. :)

XLainoftheWired
05-11-2003, 05:34 PM
Leona, I'm going, but I havent managed the sleeping aspect of it all. I'm also really behind on costume work for it because of financial situations, but hopefully I can have at least my Haibane wings done by July. But when it comes to sleeping, its looking like I may have to stay in Saint Petersburg and just make my 30 minute was to tampa somehow, probably with another friend of mine. Anyway, yeah, I'm in.

Leona Almasy
05-11-2003, 05:54 PM
Yay XLain! Sorry to hear about your sleep deprivation. I know how that feels. I'm in the middle of IB exams and don't get to sleep before midnight. Friday morning I had an exma at ten in the morning but stayed up till about four thirty in the morning finishing my final english journals and then got up at six to really finish them. =P But I digress.

On the FFball: you can go as any character from the other games in the series, but not as any of the main characters from X. There should be a cast list of which characters will be on cast on the site. Minor characters from X are all right.

Just a side note. I don't know if this is on the site for Metro Con, but my friend was talking to one of the people in charge, and they said there are to be no fetish items. That means collars, leashes, hand cuffs, etc. I think that's just if it's not part of the costume, but I'm not sure. I'll have to get back on that one.

Anyway, how does everyone feel about trying to do a lunch on the Sunday of the convention? Sort of a farewell lunch type thing. That's all for now.

yuffieleonheart
05-11-2003, 06:01 PM
i just got casted for the ffball today ^^. sunday sounds nice ^_^ maybe a nice lunch somewere near the hotel ^.^

Jess-Jess
05-11-2003, 11:03 PM
Awesome, yuffieleonheart! Who are you going to play? They asked if I wanted to try out, but I have absolutely noooo acting experience, and I don't like being in front of huge crowds of people, lol... I think the going away lunch is a really good idea ^.^ Keep me informed! :)

Jessie >^..^<

yuffieleonheart
05-12-2003, 03:40 PM
well me and my friend are going to be elma and lucil ^_^

Jess-Jess
05-12-2003, 04:24 PM
Awesome :) I just bought my tickets this morning..I can't wait it's gonna be a lot of fun ^.^ I'm probably going to dress up as Selphie, if I can get the outfit made in time...I really want to be either a final fantasy character, or in that style...Anyone have any suggestions? I figure that Selphie is easy and I wouldn't need to do anything really to my hair.....

yuffieleonheart
05-12-2003, 04:34 PM
u would make a super cute selphie!!! ^_^

Jess-Jess
05-12-2003, 04:42 PM
Yaaaaay! ^.^ thank you :) I think that's my best bet right now >^..^<

Raine
05-12-2003, 06:39 PM
I tried out for the FFBall.. not sure if I'll get accepted though. Ah well, if not, then it's the ol' cliche Rinoa for me.

Leona Almasy
05-12-2003, 10:49 PM
I feel like I should try out too, but I think all of the characters that I vaguely resemble are taken. -_- Oh well. I like my ball costume anyway. If anyone wants to talk to me that night, I'll be the one dressed as Rinoa in almost solid black with wings and horns. ~_^ Evil characters are so much more fun.

On another note, my friends and I are trying to organize a LARP and get it approved by the Metro Con higher ups. The basic premise is that, since I'm going as Vampire Hunter D, other characters can approach me during the day and "hire" me to hunt down other characters. We were originally going to use it as an excuse to hunt down and catch bish guys, but no leashes or collars means it has to be a LARP. I'm not sure if we've goten it approved yet, but is anyone here interested?

makio
05-13-2003, 02:12 AM
LoL, given who I'm set to appear as on Saturday... LARP should be pretty interesting to see with your (VH)D running around. :) I'm definitely game on that.

Thankfully, Metrocon is still a couple months away...
...so much to do, so little time.

Raine
05-13-2003, 08:45 PM
If I DO do Rinoa, I must get pics with you in THAT! And I've never done a LARP before.. the only thing I know about it is what it stands for.

Leona Almasy
05-13-2003, 09:55 PM
Well, I'm not sure what costume I'll be wearing that Friday, other than my costume for the ball that night. I'll probably use D as a Sunday costume, since that's the day of the costume contest. If I don't finish my other costume though, I'll probably wear my D costume both days. (Of course I need to work on that one too. -_-Grr)

As for the LARP, I've never really done one either, unless you count Renaissance Festivals. ~_^ We're still trying to plan that, though. So I'm not quite sure if we've been approved.

makio
05-14-2003, 03:20 PM
Happy birthday Leona/Psythe! :)

I finally got a costume schedule together for Metro'... though I'm willing take suggestions for a Sunday costume since I don't have any skits/costumes planned.

Friday: Summoner Isaaru (FFX)
Saturday: Alucard (Hellsing)

yuffieleonheart
05-14-2003, 03:32 PM
happy bday!! *hands plushies* o^0^o.. ok as for costumes let's see.. well i'll probably were yuffie, br, kasumi, and yuna during the con. and i will wear elma to the ball ^_^

Raine
05-14-2003, 09:58 PM
All I know is I'm a "potential" Shiva or Dona for the Ball.. I gotta get started... eep..

yuffieleonheart
05-14-2003, 10:07 PM
chuuu? i thought u were trying out to be a chocobo?

Raine
05-14-2003, 11:01 PM
I decided that chocobo could be an alternative. So if he says I'm not Shiva or Dona worthy.. call me Beaky ^^

Leona Almasy
05-16-2003, 10:10 PM
*bump*
Thanks for wishing me a happy b-day. o^_^o . . . I still haven't figured out a costume for Friday day. I've considered either going goth or as Leona. And for anyone wondering, she's an OC from a fanfiction I'm writing, which means her costume is anything I say it is. ^_~ I dunno, I still need to start working on my other costumes. Seeyabye!

makio
05-19-2003, 03:46 AM
Leona - You're welcome! By the way... is there any chance I can read/see the fanfiction? :crylaugh: As for Metrocon Friday, just go as a FF character if you haven't already applied on the FFBall site yet.

Also, I'm trying to snag a Hellsing group for Metrocon Saturday since my Alucard costume nears completion (sadly, it's getting done faster than the Castlevania Alucard for JACON). If interested, IM or PM me!

Arisa
05-19-2003, 09:36 PM
**sighs** I posted a thread in the rant board, about my parents. Please read. And if anyone's willing to help, please IM or PM me. (I'd prefer IM.)

Leona Almasy
05-19-2003, 11:22 PM
Makio-I'm an author in fanfiction.net; my author name is Discordia the Goddess of Irony. If anyone feels like it, read and review my stuff. I've got about seven different stories right now.

Arisa-I hope things work out for you hon. I have a friend whose family screwed her out of going to a con (can't remember which) and is now planning on accompanying her to Metro Con. Good luck with your parents.

Raine
05-20-2003, 09:17 PM
I'm on fanfiction.net AND fictionpress.net! w00t!

Leona Almasy
05-20-2003, 10:20 PM
Raine-What's your author name? I'm actually on both sites, too, but the only thing I have on fictionpress is the life story of my character for Ren Fest this year.

Raine
05-21-2003, 08:05 PM
My fictionpress account is currently suspended... umm... but that story was still funny ;-; XD Anywho... try Raine-chan or Rainechan.. It's some form of Raine then chan, hehe

Leona Almasy
05-26-2003, 03:31 PM
*bump*
Hello all. Ai Elbereth I need to start working on costumes. -_-;; Meh, I've still got . . . a month and a half?! Haha. Anywho, looking forward to see everyone at the Con. I think I've finally decided on my costume schedule (if I can finish the other two) for Metro Con.
Friday- I'm definitely going to the ball as an evil version of the character. IF I have the time and money to make a second duster, I may spend the day as Rinoa and then change once the sun sets. ^_^
Saturday- Should be Ropponmatsu from Excel Saga. That's one of the costiumes I need to start working on. Which is why I'm going thrift store shopping tomorrow. I even know where I can find the purple wig. ^_^ This one shouldn't be too difficult anyway.
Sunday- My white elephant: Vampire Hunter D. Well, I don't think white elephant is the right term. Sisyphysian task maybe? No. Anyway, I REALLY need to start working on this. I'm only doing it Sunday because that's the day of the costume contest. My friends and I are looking into the LARP, but we don't have any concrete answers yet, I think.

All right, What's going on with my whole lunch suggestion? How many people here are interested in doing a going away lunch/early dinner that Sunday? I'm also open to a get together any other day of the con. Feel free to make suggestions.

Ok, seeyabye!

makio
05-26-2003, 03:48 PM
I'd rather do the dinner thing on Saturday, since I might leave as soon as the costume festivites are over, but I'm flexible. I'm not ready for Metrocon yet either, which is sad given the amount of time left. :thumbsup:

Friday: Summoner Isaaru
Saturday: -open-
Sunday: Alucard (Hellsing)

I'm bringing my Sieg Wahrheit (Chaos Legion) costume with me just in case, but if I can't think of anything to wear on Saturday, either it or Alucard will take that spot. Of course, I do welcome suggestions...

Raine
05-26-2003, 06:56 PM
From Jacon till MetroCon will basically seeing what I can get done on whatever I decide to work on next, then I'll throw together a schedule for MetroCon. Oy.. if Aaron doesn't get back to me soon...

Leona Almasy
05-26-2003, 08:29 PM
Dinner on Saturday works; I'm pretty flexible. ~_^ Any other takers?

Raine
05-27-2003, 02:13 PM
I'm confused. Yaay!

Leona Almasy
05-27-2003, 05:34 PM
Why is Raine confused? I'm just asking about getting together a group of people for a lunch or dinner type thing the weekend of Metro Con. Saturday dinner or Sunday lunch. ~_^

Raine
05-27-2003, 08:59 PM
Ah... well.. I'll be filling up on Pocky and Ramen the rest of the con, so... -^_^-

Leona Almasy
05-29-2003, 01:20 AM
*bump* Yay pocky and ramen! ~_^ And yay thrift stores! I found most of what I needed for my Ropponmatsu costume. I just need to alter everything and find leggings. ^_^ My Evil Rinoa costume just requires the red duster, which I will probably have to make. >.< And my D costume. . . well, let's just say that I REALLY need to start working on it. :sigh: I'll start working on it soon.

Ok, Seeyabye!

makio
05-29-2003, 02:22 AM
LOL... don't feel bad. I barely have Summoner Isaaru's robe done for the FFBall. I'm pretty sure I'll finish in time, but it's just so intricate in design... augh. At least Alucard(Hellsing) is a lot easier to complete - I'm working on getting the gloves, fedora, and guns done 2 weeks after JACON.

Leona Almasy
06-01-2003, 04:54 PM
Well, D's costume is pretty complicated on some points. I really should start working on everything. I want to do the costume, but I don't want it to look like a real last minute job. My other two costumes aren't that bad. I just need to work on the jewelry and sweater for Rinoa and do some alterations for Ropponmatsu. And I'm going to be getting help with that. All in all it shouldn't be that bad.

Ok, seeyabye!

Lucifer
06-03-2003, 02:24 PM
Hey all. I have a request. Is anyone cosplaying Yuna from FFX on Sunday (or Saturday)?

I kinda need a Yuna to hall cosplay with. It's not much, just some pictures. The only requirement is whomever agrees to must have a really good sense of humor and such (I can't state why here).

PM me if interested.

lu-san

Leona Almasy
06-05-2003, 12:16 PM
*bump* Hmm, I must say I'm intrigued lu-san. However, I'm no Yuna. Good luck finding one, though. ~_^

At any rate just a quick question: is ANYone interested in doing dinner on Saturday? I know I can drag along my friends, but so far I think makio's the only one who's really responded to this question. Don't mind me, I tend to organize things frequently . . . I just procrastinate a lot is all. Heh.

Ok, seeyabye!

yuffieleonheart
06-05-2003, 01:06 PM
o.o welll i am thinking that saturday will be a busy day =/ so wouldn't it be better sunda o.o?

Ihrie
06-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Yeah, dinner on Sunday would be a better idea I think. Unless it was real late on Saturday and we found a nearby Denny's to crash.....which isn't a bad idea really ^_^;;

I'm just saying sunday because the con'll close earlier and we can kill time before we have to go home ;_; That and it would be much easier to change from my KH Tidus costume to regular clothes than my *suprise* costume that I'll hopefully have on Saturday. ^_^

Raine
06-05-2003, 03:00 PM
If I go it'd probably just be me following Yuffie like a lost puppy with nowhere to go ^__^ So whatever's fine for herrrrr..............

yuffieleonheart
06-07-2003, 12:05 PM
O.o?? matty is this the costume we spoke of on aim o.O?? ^_^ but yeah i agree. it would be easier on sunday for me =p

PretearWink
06-07-2003, 01:55 PM
Dinner on Sunday sounds great as long as it's not too late ^_^ The rhyming was not intentional. o.o

LainaBug
06-07-2003, 04:19 PM
I dont even really know what I'm doing at Metrocon yet...hahaa

I gots...no clue........XD I have different costumes I *could* do I just need to decide hahaa, unless someone has some random suggestion?? LOL ^^;;;

Ihrie
06-07-2003, 05:48 PM
Yes it is the costume we talked about on AIM =p

Lucifer
06-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Curious but is anyone going into the Jrock competition? I know I am (er..more begged to by my bf).

It should be interseting, least from what is already being planned.

childdoll
06-07-2003, 10:23 PM
I don't know what's going on Sat. but I'll try to meet up with you guys for dinner ^_^

Okay, I'm trying to debate who to be for the FFBall... my choices are all from FF7... tell me what you guys think:
Rufus ShinRa
Scarlet
or Miss Cloud (aka Cloud in drag at Wall Market)

Personally, I'm leaning towards Miss Cloud, since I've never seen it done and I think it would be fun ^_^ (cross dressing as a male cross dressing O_o).
Let me know what you guys think.

yuffieleonheart
06-07-2003, 10:33 PM
i think go for miss cloud or scarlet ^_^

PretearWink
06-07-2003, 11:03 PM
Hanime and I are going to be in the j-rock competition^_^

I agree with Nikki, Ms. Cloud or Scarlet would look really nice^_^

LainaBug
06-08-2003, 12:59 PM
me being in the j-rock/pop competition = HILARIOUS

yeah that means im not in it lol

yuffieleonheart
06-08-2003, 01:18 PM
eh x_x if i had the nerve to sing on stage i would =D ^_^

Leona Almasy
06-08-2003, 01:37 PM
Hello all. Alright, I'm open to whatever everyone else wants to do for dinner or that type of thing. Sounds like a lot of you favor Sunday, so that's fine by me. I figure around 5:30-6 would be a good time. That gives everyone a chance to do what they need to . . . I guess. At any rate, I think Sunday would be fine. We can negotiate details later.

In other news, I found the fabric I'll need to work on both my D and Rinoa costumes. ::does a happy little dance:: Now I just have to buy this fabric . . . after convincing my mother to let me spend the money. -_-;; Heh, well I'm sure it'll be fine. I also got most of the alterations for my Ropponmatsu costume done, so I'm pretty happy. Can't wait to see everyone at Metro Con.

Ok, seeyabye!

kdthompson
06-09-2003, 01:30 AM
I finally talked my mom into taking me to metro con! It's basically our summer trip this year because I'm coming from NC. ^.^;;

Anyway, I was wondering if there were any other FFVII or VIII charas going to the ball. I'm going as Cloud friday, but I think I'll wear a tux or a nice suit to the ball. Mango is going as Squall as fair as I know. *wouldn't mind having a 'date' at the ball; as in an Aeris or a Riona to hang around with for a bit. Heck, I'm kinda desperate but an invitation from any FFVII charas would be nice, espseically a Sephiroth...but moving on...I'm a fan girl like that...*

And You know, you don't HAVE to go to the ball as a FF chara. Infact, I think they were encouraging other characters to show up, as long as you were in nice clothes and weren't funky in odor.

>^.^<

Leona Almasy
06-09-2003, 02:33 AM
Hi Dar. I'm going to the ball as Rinoa and a friend of mine is going as Quistis. Of course I'm going as an evil version of Rinoa, so I might try to kill Squall. ~_^ Heh, but if you want someone to hang out with, I suppose we could be social.

Ok, seeyabye!

kdthompson
06-09-2003, 09:13 AM
Awesome, and although I can't bring my sword with me *sobs since she worked so hard on it*, I can protect squall...or at least tease 'em as he gets beat up by a girl. *Giggles*

But yeah, I look forward to seeing you at the ball, Leona! ^.^

Um...just out of curiousity (you might have notifced by now that I'm a very curious person) What's everyone else's plans for the rest of the con, costume wise? I know that the rest of the con I'll probably be Duo Maxwell, except for the masquerade on Saturday; I really want the opertunity to show off my buster sword.

Raine
06-09-2003, 11:50 AM
If I'm not casted, then I'll be at the ball as Ballroom Rinoa.

For the rest of the con, if we can get them done in time, my friend and I will be Gunner Yuna(Arisa) and Dark Gunner Yuna(me!). I may also wear normal Rinoa for some of the time, and Dona too. Ha, yes, I'm such an FF freak ^____^

childdoll
06-09-2003, 12:21 PM
I'm probably going as Miss Cloud(wall market) for the FF Ball and on Sat. I'll probably be going as Iris from Sakura Wars in her standard green dress (now that I have the time to fix and finish it). I want to bring another costume, but I have to see if I have the time and money, so that's all for now ^_^

kdthompson
06-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Heh! I must get a pic with you childdoll!

Which suddenly remind me...I need to get my cloud wig made...and finish my armor *sweatdrop* Alas...time is growing so short!

Leona Almasy
06-09-2003, 02:34 PM
Heh, it's ok Dar. I still have to do a lot on some of my costumes and I'm going out of town for a week and a half.

Provided nothing changes, my costume schedule for the weekend is as follows:
Friday: I may spend the day as Rinoa and change the sweater and accessories at night to become evil Rinoa. It depends on whether I can get the extra sweater made in time. At the very least, I will be the evil version of the character.
Saturday: I'm going as the first version of Ropponmatsu from Excel Saga. I have a friend who's going as the little Ropponmatsu.
Sunday: This is the only uncertainty in my schedule. I plan to go as D from Bloodlust. It's just a matter of getting the costume made. Luckily, I've found the fabric I need to do the cape and bodysuit. I still need to buy it, and I still need to make the shoulder pads and vambraces. This one'll probably cost a lot, so it's mostly a matter of paying for it. -_-

And for anyone interested, my friends and I trying to organize a LARP involving D. Once my friend talks to the people in charge, I'll have a better idea of whether we've been approved or not.

Ok, seeyabye!

kdthompson
06-09-2003, 04:28 PM
Hai Hai! I'm all ofr the LARP idea...and if I have any extra time, I hope to be Cloud from KH, but I doubt it, especially with all the room cleaning I have to do...

But yeah...If you wish to have a 'side kick' so to speek, I'm willing to help in the bishe hunt! I don't know if I'll be Duo or Cloud...but I'll happily help either way...if that's alright...*loves a good crossover*

Zeruda
06-09-2003, 05:50 PM
*gulp*

I will now be a very paranoid little squall >_>;;.....<_<;;.....

SuthrnBelleChan
06-09-2003, 05:56 PM
Hey! I jsut got a confirmation that i'll most liekly be going ot metrocon ^^ I just wanted to see who all's going ^_^

Ihrie
06-09-2003, 07:21 PM
Hey, I just wanted to let you guys know that you should pre-regster for the ball. Pre-reg. cost is $5 and door cost is $7. Also it guarantee's a spot in the ball for you, so in case we run out of space

*_* which might not happen because the room is huge.

Then at least we've already accounted for you...so you'll be let in. ^_^

Just pimpin out the ball ^_~

Lucifer
06-09-2003, 08:45 PM
Its funny, my cosplay list for metro is all jrock stuff. Should be fun though.

yuffieleonheart
06-09-2003, 08:48 PM
x______________________x ;.; a squall * read title* ;.;.. XD matty yesm people prereg for the ball =D *must pimp the ball XD* SBS i am soooooooooooooo happy you are going to the ball *o*!!! x__x ^.^. my friend is going as wall market aeris to the ball btw ^.^. as for other cosplay plans. i will wear : yuffie kh, yuna, gunner yuna, kasumi, and a possible :alice/ br. and ofcourse elma for the ffball =D

PretearWink
06-09-2003, 10:08 PM
Preregistration needs to happen! We could well run out of space and I'd be all sad if some cosplay.com people were left out ;.; Plus, you get super pretty sparkly bracelet! (I think it's pink...XD)

Yuffie, if you wear Alice, I'm going to have to glomp you from all sides XD

Lessee....Friday I'm gonna hang out all comfy as Koda Kumi until the ball where I'm gonna be Rikku^_^ I babysat my lil sis today and poped in FFX for her. She sat there for 7 STRAIGHT hours and is now completely obsessed with Yuna! Sooooo, if I can, there's gonna be a chibi Yuna running around XD

Whichever day the costume contest is I'm going to wear Beramode and for the J-rock competition Koda Kumi^_^

yuffieleonheart
06-09-2003, 10:26 PM
x__________X elle i wanna match you one of the days ;.;!! x_x we'll work somthing out ;.;

PretearWink
06-09-2003, 10:34 PM
I could wear Aerith to your Yuffie or Rikku to your Yuna^_^ I'm not brining Gambler though o.o Putting that thing on alone takes an hour ;.; Plus, if my lil sis' Yuna gets done in time, you GOTTA pose with her! XD

childdoll
06-09-2003, 11:08 PM
Awww - chibi Yuna how kawaii! ^_^

yuffieleonheart
06-09-2003, 11:16 PM
ok x____________________X chuu i think i know what i am wearing. friday: kasumi till the ffball then elma. saturday: yuna and yuna x-2. cyberia :? sunday: yuffie kh *.* i bet there will be changes

Raine
06-09-2003, 11:19 PM
o.o Your little sister was the most kawaii Belldandy I've ever seen! She'd be such a cute little Yunie! ^^

LainaBug
06-10-2003, 12:18 AM
I STILL cant decide what to even make for metro lol, I know I'll most likely wear B.B. Hood again...but I want to make something else too...heh I think im going to make an alternate blue B.B. Hood...

I have all the materials to make Helana from DOA3, and I've really really wanted to be Blanche from Angelic Layer for along time o_o

wahh I dunno what to make >_> oh well whatever hahaha

makio
06-10-2003, 05:08 AM
FYI:
I'm planning another SNK costumed gathering for Metrocon. Details are still being finalized, but if the response is decent enough; we might turn this into a Saturday evening Cosplay skit. Though the 'theme' is SNK, it's preferred that it is from SNK's Last Blade series. Feel free to IM, PM, or even email (makiotwist@hotmail.com) me with any questions or comments... especially if you don't know of SNK/Last Blade and would like to know more. Thanks!

Lucifer
06-10-2003, 10:41 AM
Liana you should be Helena. Then if Brian steps out of line, you can be like "Dood...I'll kick your butt and bounce at the same time so don't try me! Grrrrr."

I did something simular to Rich as Akito, but it'd go more like "I'll eat your babies."

Oh and btw, there is no cybera at metrocon. Since you have a FFB, no need for another dance. (not like people aren't going to party at the con anyway).

yuffieleonheart
06-10-2003, 01:50 PM
=o oh i see Lucifer thanks for the info about the dance =D ^_^

O.O!! x______x you must cosplay helena laina .. you must *o* XD we need piccies in our doa costumes ^.^

makio
06-10-2003, 03:12 PM
<_< Before ANYONE says it, I'm not dressing up in a silver-metallic martian suit.

SuthrnBelleChan
06-10-2003, 03:17 PM
For the ball i'm going probably as a Blitzball player,i dunno yet ^^ I know i may bring my regular Rikku (It's my trandmark hehe bu i gotta redo the boots), Uzuki-sensei form Happy Lesson, and i wanna throw something together but i dunno what,a re there any gorups going on?

yuffieleonheart
06-10-2003, 03:48 PM
"<_< Before ANYONE says it, I'm not dressing up in a silver-metallic martian suit."

*snaps fingers* damn ;_; jk XDDDDD

some info on metrocon:

there will be a dance. after the ffball there will be a mini dance and on saturday there will be a bigger dance. now.. the cosplay contest *skits* is on SATURDAY and the costume contest is on SUNDAY ;_; that screwed me over ;.; but oh well i'll figure somthing out. just thought people might want to know =D

SuthrnBelleChan
06-10-2003, 05:23 PM
Thankies, but i might not participate hehe i dunno, unless someone wants to do a gorup with me hehe. Rela quick what all costuems is everyone bringing?

yuffieleonheart
06-10-2003, 07:03 PM
O.O you must bring your rikku costume =D piccies is are a must

Raine
06-10-2003, 08:11 PM
I know I'll have Rinoa. Regular and ballroom. I'll try to have Dark Gunner Yuna and/or Dona done in time (grr.. I gotta figure out more ways to un-skankify it without changing the overall design ><)

SuthrnBelleChan - if you wear Rikku, I'll have to glomp you as Dark Gunner Yunie! ^_____^

LainaBug
06-10-2003, 09:48 PM
lol I guess Helena would be a good choice because it would cost me hardly anything! I already have all the fabric and stuff.

and damn, thats a good idea Lyn, I can keep Brian in line with my cleavage!!

yuffieleonheart
06-10-2003, 09:50 PM
o.o and i might have a hitomi ^_^. so we'll have :helena, kasumi, and hitomi =o! unless we can find the ayane that was at jacon ^_^

LainaBug
06-10-2003, 10:23 PM
ooh neato, so what day should I wear it o.O??

yuffieleonheart
06-10-2003, 10:38 PM
i'm wearing it half of friday ^_^ probably the later half of it lol for a few hours and such

Ihrie
06-11-2003, 01:21 PM
Hey Lyn, I'm probably going to make a summer school outfit Yuki for Metro if you want to bring back your Akito. We can FINALLY get those pics lol ^_^;;

Leona Almasy
06-11-2003, 06:32 PM
Closing sales at fabric stores rock! Spent a little over $60 yesterday and got pretty much everything I needed fabric-wise for my costume. ^_^ PLUS, my friend's mother is nice enough to make my costume while I'm on vacation.

Speaking of which, I won't be around for about a week and a half, so everyone take care. I'll see you all at Metro Con. I'm off to Salem and Aberdeen and Long Island.

Ok, seeyabye!

Raine
06-11-2003, 07:34 PM
o.o Leona I LOVE your avatar!

Lucifer
06-11-2003, 10:13 PM
Its going to be tough, but I'll see if I can bring Akito. I have a full schedule of rather fancy costumes for metro. I'll see what I can do though ok?

LainaBug
06-12-2003, 04:38 PM
well SOMEONE told me I'd look bad in Helena bacause my thighs are chunky ;_;

but everyone else thinks I'd look good >_> so I'm gonna do it anyway, and maybe I wont make the slit on her dress quite so high...

I'm also gonna do a random manga outfit of Otohime's from Love Hina lol, yay for random stuff nobody will recognize!!

Raine
06-12-2003, 05:37 PM
Yaaaaayyyyyy! Go you LainaBug, I'm so very proud XD

Lucifer
06-12-2003, 09:11 PM
Ok who said that you should do Helena, because whoever it is I'll beat em silly -cracks whip-

And I'm so serious, I'll have my riding crop and spiked boots at metrocon to do it. ^____^

SuthrnBelleChan
06-12-2003, 11:24 PM
Alrighty i'll bring Rikku hehe But do pardon my shoes lol, i don't haev the tiem/money to make my leather boots so pardon the leggings hehe. I'll bring Rikku, Shaami (Blitz player for the ball) , Uzuki, and Mana's Beast of blood dress Those are all confirmed now hehe

mitylene
06-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Hey Lucifer and Ihrie,
A group of us are going to be Fruits Basket people on Saturday. I think ;). Can we take pictures with you guys? We were the fruitsbasket people at JACON on friday.

makio
06-16-2003, 05:21 AM
:eek: That FB crew that was there on Friday was pretty cool! I'd love to snag pictures of it if you get a crew together.

Speaking of a crew... I will have violet ribbons at Metrocon on Friday for all Cosplay.com members to wear (if they want). I was going to leave it with registration to help deal with, but it's easier to just find me and ask for one instead of depending on someone else. I'd also like to get some kind of photosession of the Cosplay.com members on Saturday... location within the hotel and time will be decided later. It'll be posted here upon final decision... but expect some kind of notice or banner at the registration booth table.

mitylene
06-16-2003, 07:12 AM
The violet ribbon and the photosession ideas sounds great. I can't wait lots of great pictures to take! :)

SuthrnBelleChan
06-16-2003, 11:14 AM
Great idea Makio! I will defiantely fidn you and we gotta have a photoshoot hehe this is gonna rock ^^

childdoll
06-16-2003, 12:39 PM
Yea, the photo shoot sounds like a great idea!

Woohoo, I just finished all my registration stuff! Yay! I'm officially going to Metrocon! ^_~
Okay...now to actually start on my costumes >_<!

Oh and...is the actualy convention taking place in the hotel? I was a bit confused on this

Raine
06-16-2003, 02:43 PM
Yeah, can anyone give me a link to the website? I'm kind of confused as to the location too... ><"

yuffieleonheart
06-16-2003, 03:04 PM
yes it is taking place at a hotel ^_^ makio that's a great idea

mitylene
06-16-2003, 05:42 PM
Here's the site! :)
http://www.animemetro.com/metroconventions/control.cfm

Raine
06-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Thank you! ^_______^

Lucifer
06-17-2003, 12:13 AM
I have a question for those involved (or least somewhat involved) in the final fantasy ball.

Its FFX based, but anyone can dress as any other FF character (if properly attired). Now, this is just IN the ball? What about the hallways outside and stuff?

I only ask because I *might* have a FF based outfit to wear (and no, I won't say who), and just curious as to what I'd expect if I saw outside in a hallway near the ball.

makio
06-17-2003, 12:49 AM
Lucifer - I was told that patrons attending the ball can wear Final Fantasy costumes instead of formal attire, just as long as the costumes worn were NOT from FFX or FFX-2. If you're outside the ball in the hallways earlier that day or even wearing FFX/FFX-2 apparel during the event... I think they don't mind, however it's preferred that you don't so attending patrons don't confuse you for the actual cast.

Lucifer
06-17-2003, 09:32 AM
Ah ok, then its all good since I'm not doing anything from FFX(-2). Thanks for letting me know. ^_^

childdoll
06-17-2003, 09:46 PM
Yay! I FINALLY started working on my costumes today - got a bit more done on my Iris costume and got a pattern for my Miss Cloud costume.... if things keep up this way I might be able to sneak in a 3rd costume! YAY! ^_^

Raine
06-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Wee! Go you, childdoll! ^___^ *needs to get a ride to JoAnn's for fabric* ;_;

SuthrnBelleChan
06-19-2003, 11:46 AM
*first needs money to go to Hancock's* lol

Leona Almasy
06-19-2003, 03:50 PM
I'm back! So glad to be home.
Makio, the ribbons and photoshoot sound like a great idea. ^_^ I'll have to hunt you down. Oh, and what's going on with the group meal idea? Some people seemed interested in doing a late lunch/early dinner on Sunday after the con. Is that still the plan?

*glances at materials for costume* Hmm, I oughta get to work.

Ok, seeyabye!

Ihrie
06-19-2003, 08:04 PM
Oh Lyn....how could you forget....we were going to cosplay as Gunner Yuna together XP

Lucifer
06-19-2003, 09:44 PM
Me + Hotpants = Bad idea.

I made the mistake of wearing hotpants before at last AFO. X_x

Ihrie
06-20-2003, 10:07 PM
*snaps fingers* damn....

SuthrnBelleChan
06-21-2003, 11:27 PM
Aww Lyn-chan in hot pants REOW! LOL >P hehe I'm dyeing to know what you're cosplaying ^^

Lucifer
06-22-2003, 04:12 PM
lol, nu the hotpants were for when I cosplayed Armitage back last year. Unfortunately most thought I was a guy crossplaying, so...kinda sway away from that sorta costume.

I'm wearing alot, and I mean ALOT of pvc vinyl at metro though.

Ihrie
06-22-2003, 04:41 PM
*_* oooooooooohhhhh Vinyl's good lol

;_; I don't get any vinyl....

makio
06-23-2003, 02:53 AM
*** :drink: 800th post! Weee! :rockon: ***

Cosplay.com Member Photosession:
-11 AM EST
-Hotel Lobby, near water fountain and front doors
-Arrival in Costume preferred
-Violet ribbon (to signify you're a Cosplay.com member) also preferred*
-If you have any other locations you'd like to suggest the Cosplay.com members to take photos at, please inform me before the photosession.

* - if you need a violet ribbon, please ask me. I've got an entire spool from JACON2003 that I hadn't used.

BTW... Just as confirmation, is there going to be a Kingdom Hearts themed cosplay at Metrocon? And if so...where/when/and who's going as what?

Leona Almasy
06-23-2003, 01:55 PM
Yay for planning. I'll be needing a ribbon. And what day are you planning this for again? And I haven't theard anyhting about a KH group.

Ok seeyabye!

Raine
06-23-2003, 02:15 PM
I might be able to get Kairi done in time for MetroCon, but I doubt it. I also know that Yuffieleonheart will be wearing her KH Yuffie some of Saturday, but, that's all I know of as far as KH costumes go.

I'm gunna need a purple ribbon too.

yuffieleonheart
06-23-2003, 03:41 PM
only kh characters i know that will be there are me *yuffie* my friend sam as kh aeris ;_; >.< * glares at ihrie for restyling his tidus wig ;________; >.<*

childdoll
06-23-2003, 04:08 PM
If I have time (and money) I'll try to whip together a Wendy and/or KH Aeris. I know people get annoyed when people cosplay as the Disney charries, but one word for those people - TOUGH ...I like Wendy ^_^

yuffieleonheart
06-23-2003, 07:07 PM
*.* that would be so cute

Raine
06-23-2003, 09:40 PM
o_o Do Wendy! The adorable-ness of that... *-*

Arisa
06-23-2003, 09:48 PM
I need to do a KH cosplay. *-* But I'm working on gunner Yuna, and I wanna redo my Popstar Yuna top, too.

Jess-Jess
06-24-2003, 12:10 AM
Well, both me and my bf are going to be going, and will need two purple ribbons -.- I have dark blue, but I should get purple :) And, yes, when is this going to be? On Saturday? Well, talk to you soon!

makio
06-26-2003, 12:37 AM
Saturday @11AM EST is the day. :) And mind you, though the time says 11AM, that's the meeting time. I'd like to get started around 11:10 or so...and finish no later than noon. Expect group and individual pictures!

yuffieleonheart
06-26-2003, 02:51 PM
teehee sounds like fun =D ^_^

Lucifer
06-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Are you going to be meeting infront of the big fountain in the lobby? Its probably the most sceneic area in the hotel (that I'm aware of).

Jess-Jess
06-26-2003, 06:00 PM
Hey, I'm trying to figure out which costume I should wear on Sat. for the photo shoot. Do your guys think I should wear my Merle outfit, or my Kaolla Su outfit (w/ Tama in hand, lol). I originally was planning Merle, but now that I think about it, I might want to be Su...Either way it's gonna be a blast! Well, please tell me your thoughts! Thanks!

Jessie >^..^<

P.S. Either way, I am going to be wearing both costumes over the weekend, this is just deciding wether or not to wear Merle on Sat. or Sun., and vice versa for Su...

Ihrie
06-26-2003, 07:37 PM
Hey, I'll need a purple ribbon, and I'll probably be cosplaying as Yuki Sohma from Fruits Basket ^_^

Lucifer
06-26-2003, 09:03 PM
I'll be in one of my secret costumes (bf won't let me say who it is -.-; ). If you see someone in head to toe (and that's literally) pvc black vinyl, it'll be me.

mitylene
06-26-2003, 11:17 PM
I'll me in my Momiji costume and drag along as many other fruitsbasket people as I can :) I'll probably need a purple ribbon then.

makio
06-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Yup. That's the fountain. :)

SuthrnBelleChan
06-27-2003, 01:43 PM
i needa purplebbon, whch specific day will this be on? If friday then'll be Rikku, Saturday i'll be uzuki, and Sunday I'll be Mana

Cactuarsama
06-27-2003, 02:17 PM
im gonna be hamel on saterday and a big pocky box on sunday

yuffieleonheart
06-27-2003, 04:16 PM
*_* on saturday *thinks..* i will be either yuffie/ gunner yuna at the time ^_^ >_> i might need a ribbon to ^_^;;

Jess-Jess
06-27-2003, 05:01 PM
Hey -.- no one has answered my question :( lol Well, who do you guys think I should be for the photoshoot: Su or Merle? I'm leaning on Su, as of now... And yes, I as well will need a ribbon. Thanks for the input, if anyone feels like it, lol ^-^

makio
06-28-2003, 01:39 AM
Cosplay.com Member Photosession:
-SATURDAY... 11 AM EST.
-Hotel Lobby, near water fountain and front doors
-Arrival in Costume preferred!
-Violet ribbon (to signify you're a Cosplay.com member) also preferred*
-If you have any other locations you'd like to suggest the Cosplay.com members to take photos at, please inform me before the photosession.

* - if you need a violet ribbon, please ask me. I've got an entire spool from JACON2003 that I hadn't used.

childdoll
06-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Woohoo! I'll be there in my green Iris dress. Oh and I'll also should have extra purple ribbon as well.
Jess-Jess, if you're leaning towards Su, then I suggest going with that one then ^_^

Ameria
06-28-2003, 01:49 PM
Whoo! I'll be there, and I do need a ribbon, please. I'm trying to figure out who to be...Shuichi Manga #6 cover, or Monkey D. Luffy...Hm... XD I could always haul out the Kodama, it saves me smiling time and I don't go blind from the flashes. XD Opinions, anyone?

makio
06-28-2003, 02:14 PM
It looks like a couple more rooms opened up at the Crowne Plaza, so if you haven't reserved, I'd seriously suggest it now. I got mine, better get yours...
:devil:

Anyway, here's Makio's tentative costume schedule:
FRIDAY:
Summoner Isaaru(Final Fantasy X). I'm also wearing it to the Final Fantasy Ball (http://www.finalfantasyball.com).
SATURDAY:
Davis/Daisuke Motomiya(Digimon), casual/undigitized attire... If anyone knows where I can find a "Veemon", let me know! :)
I also might have an extra costume from Kingdom Hearts, if completed in time.
SUNDAY:
Sieg Wahrheit (Chaos Legion)

Ihrie
06-28-2003, 05:17 PM
o.o oh sweet, you're doing a digimon costume!?! I'm doing Matt later on saturday ....picture time!!

Ameria
06-28-2003, 05:21 PM
Oooh, almost makes me want to bring my Makino Ruki outfit, but I'm already hauling three costumes down to FL and I don't think my car can take any more stuff. XD

yuffieleonheart
06-28-2003, 06:11 PM
;.; i'm wearing yuffie saturday instead or sunday @_@ damn i wanted to match u makio ;.;.;.;.; XD yea i'll have a digimon costume too but i'll be wearing it saturday night ^_^

Lucifer
06-29-2003, 12:21 AM
My tentative schedule for Metro:

Friday - (day) Ryuichi, (night) Reno
Saturday - (day)"Secret #1"
Sunday - (day) "secret #2"

Sorry for the secrets, but my bf said he's beat me if I told anyone u.u;

childdoll
06-29-2003, 12:27 AM
You're going to be Reno at the ball?! OMG I am sooo gunna glomp you!

Lucifer
06-29-2003, 08:15 PM
Not going to actually be at the ball, more in the lobby. Since alot of my friends and myself don't plan on going to the ball (not big on the formal thing), we are all putting on suits and having a 'private' ball in the lobby. Just so happens I have a red wig so I'll be Reno.

childdoll
06-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Ah, well I'll glomp you before I run into the ball then ^_^

I got my materials for my Miss Cloud and my Wendy costumes today, so I should be starting them soon.... I didn't realize how quick the days went... I can't believe how little time there is left! O_o! *stressing*

yuffieleonheart
06-30-2003, 06:27 PM
just a quick question OT who's going to the photoshoot on the 12th o.o

Jess-Jess
06-30-2003, 07:34 PM
Photoshoot? I didn't know about a photoshoot 0.0, lol... Where is it going to be and all the details?

Raine
07-01-2003, 01:14 AM
I'll be hitchin a ride with ya to that Nikki ^-^

Go to risingsun.net for details on the photoshoot Jess-Jess, it's an official risingsun.net photoshoot. Yaaay!

childdoll
07-01-2003, 09:09 AM
Hopefully I'm going...probably as KH Wendy...if I can get it done in time.

Jess-Jess
07-01-2003, 02:00 PM
Cool, thanks Raine! I don't know if I can go, since it's over 3 hours away, and I'm trying to save my money for Metrocon, but I will try!

mitylene
07-01-2003, 02:30 PM
<-.-> I wish I can go, but it's too far away. I hope I'll be able to make the next one. They look like they're a lot of fun.

Raine
07-01-2003, 10:20 PM
You should come, Jess-Jess, will be fun ^_____^

Ihrie
07-03-2003, 11:22 AM
Sadly I can't go ;_;

I didn't find out about it within enough time to call off of work/find a ride. So, hope you guys have fun ^_^

makio
07-04-2003, 11:31 AM
Ihrie - Can't go to the photoshoot (in Melbourne) or Metrocon?

Two weeks left til' Metrocon and the Final Fantasy Ball! Anyone ready for it ahead of time? I'm trying finish up my preparations a week in advance ... especially since a friend of mine is going to help with the Sieg Wahrheit costume I'm wearing instead on Sunday (more specifically, the intricate design on his back and shoulder).

Quick question... who's attending in 'Digimon' costume on Saturday? I know a couple peeps said they would, but I'm not sure which ones and if they're still doing it. I'm still looking for a "Veemon" plushie for my Davis (Daisuke Motomiya) costume myself.
:thumbsup:

...and lastly, happy Independence day! ID4! :cheers:

Jess-Jess
07-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to go to the photoshoot either -.- (in Melbourne...) It's just too far away, and I'm really tight w/ money. Does anyone know if they are going to be planning another one in Sarasota anytime soon? That would be great!

I'm not going to be in a Digimon costume- As of now it looks like I will be wearing Kaolla Su ^-^ w/ Tama-chan in hand!

Lol, there's no way that I'm done early! I am probably going to be working on my costumes right on up to the weekend of the con! -.- Ah, well....Talk to you all later :)

Jessie >^..^<

Ihrie
07-04-2003, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I'm talking about Melbourne....lol

I have to go to Metrocon or Aaron would string me up by my thumbs o.o

Oh, and as for Digi-cosplay, I'm going as Matt from the first season.

yuffieleonheart
07-04-2003, 01:09 PM
haha yes aaron would kill u matt ^_^; XD well. after some negotiating >_>... i am still doing sora from digimon ^_^; i'll be wearing it saturday night =D

Leona Almasy
07-06-2003, 11:22 AM
Well, looks like I'll be doing D's costume another year. There's simply too much left on it and too little time. Plus I'd like to be able to have actual armor for the darn thing. At any rate, I'm still going as Rinoa, Evil Rinoa, and Ropponmatsu. So now I don't know what I'll do for Sunday. I'm definitely going to the ball as Evil Rinoa and spending Friday as Rinoa. I'll probably go as Ropponmatsu for the photoshoot and the rest of Saturday. Sunday, I'll either rerun one of my costumes or throw something together. -_-;; I was looking forward to the bishie hunting, but oh well. I'll probably still hunt people down anyway. My friends and I have a net! And permission to use leashes as long as we have ask first. ^_^ Well, that's it for me.

Ok, seeyabye!

Raine
07-06-2003, 02:11 PM
I'll probably be at the ball as Ballroom Rinoa, so I must get pics with you Leona! I'll either be Ballroom Rinoa or Dark Gunner Yuna, and they won't kick me out!!! Grr... @\/o... or I'll cry ;__________;

Princess_Hotaru
07-06-2003, 07:28 PM
I'm going to Metrocon as my Misc. Character from Sailor Moon..o.o..Which her name is Maina!..Whee!..oO'..Trust me, I'll be wearing all black, and even black hair, so you'll notice me..Surely..

Kei Hoshiakari
07-06-2003, 10:45 PM
I'm going to Metro. Yay! I'm hoping to have my Rikku done by then. I'm gonna be Quisty though! ^-^

Ihrie
07-07-2003, 11:51 AM
I'm going to have SO many costumes it's not even funny.....o.o;; That is, if they all get done....^_^;;

Shuichi (Gravitation)
Tatsuha (Gravitation)
Yuki (Fruits Basket)
Matt (Digimon)
Seymour Guado (Final Fantasy X)

Ameria
07-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Oooh, more Gravi-ness! =D I'm going to be Shuichi from Manga Cover #6 on Friday. I'm giving him anime color hair though. XD

Then Kodama from Mononoke-Hime and Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece will alternate as well methinks.

Princess_Hotaru
07-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Whee! Raine-hime! I wanna meet you soo badly! You sound really cool, so maybe I'll see you at Metrocon! ^-^''..You seem sooo cool..Uhm..You're my hero!..

Raine
07-07-2003, 09:38 PM
....o_o Chiiiiii I'm one of the worst cosplayers out there... w00tles, I feel special though XDD ^-^

Princess_Hotaru
07-07-2003, 09:48 PM
Hehe!..^-^..I'm glad you do, I think..oo'..* Worships Raine. * Whee..

Ihrie
07-07-2003, 09:49 PM
OH BOY!!! One and a half weeks before the con.....now it's time for the PRE CON STRESS-O-METER!!!

o.o

on a scale of 1-10 (decimals included ^_~) rate your Pre Con stress level ^_^

Mine......9.5

*dies*

yuffieleonheart
07-07-2003, 09:53 PM
i'm about a 7 *.* *throws phoenix down on matty ;_;*

Cactuarsama
07-07-2003, 10:25 PM
no stress here ^ ^ i got my costumes done some 3 weeks ago

childdoll
07-07-2003, 10:38 PM
Mines about 5...pretty bablanced cause all my costumes are nearly finished....just a few little things here and there that need to be done. My main stress revolves around the Miss Cloud wig styling. But I'm surprisingly on top of things at the moment. Woohoo! ^_^

Leona Almasy
07-07-2003, 11:26 PM
What? Convention? There's a convention?

Just kidding of course. I'm pretty much a five, simply because I'm used to procrastinating. Stress won't hit me till the night before probably. Besides, I have one less costume to worry about. ::sigh::

Ok seeyabye!

Princess_Hotaru
07-08-2003, 09:39 AM
Well, I know I'll probably have some stress, and then, maybe not, but I'm pretty excited about going..oo''..So, I have no idea what I would be..>>""

Jess-Jess
07-08-2003, 04:36 PM
Hmmm...I'd say mine's about a 7.5....I have A LOT of touching up to a lot of costumes o' mine -.-........Ah, well. And I have yet to style my Merle wig! I'll probably wind up copping out and just having my natural hair, lol. I hope that I get it all done in time!!!

Jessie >^..^<

Raine
07-08-2003, 06:04 PM
My con stress, on a scale of 1-10, would be... 10.9 *runs off to spaz somewhere because her costume isn't anywhere near done*

Kei Hoshiakari
07-08-2003, 06:40 PM
*pats Raine* Well, I have to say my stress level is... 7.6. Blargh.

Princess_Hotaru
07-08-2003, 09:19 PM
Okay, I think I might be around a 6 or something..Maybe 5..x.x'..

Raine
07-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Lucky low-numbered people ;_; my fingers are turning into swiss cheese over here! *mutters stuff about the evils of hand-sewing...*