PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Shinobi!!!

sakura-chan87
12-12-2006, 04:33 AM
Who's planning on cosplaying from Naruto this year? I hosted the large Naruto gathering on Friday evening this past year and we had an AMAZING turn-out!

I'm going to be working with the con admins to coordinate another gathering this year.

Who are you all bringing? I'm most likely going to be in my TJ Sakura costume Friday and part of Sat. :toothy:

Hikaruhime
12-12-2006, 08:40 PM
As I said on the AWA forum, I'll be Sai for the shoot (assuming it's on Friday)~! :D If it's not on Friday, then uh, I guess I won't. XD I plan to bring a magnifying glass and inspect the private areas of all Narutos! XD

RyeCrimsonMoon
12-15-2006, 03:12 PM
I'll be bringing my Kyuubu Naruto-Plush outfit :D Hopefully I'll be there on Friday night lol

london2191
12-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Hn, Friday night. If this is friday night, then is no one going to attend the ball? I was thinking of doing ballroom Temari *kimono, wig, nothing much*, but if you do it that night....

I /was/ going to bring Summoner Yuna on Saturday and then ANBU Temari the next day...maybe I could change my plans. Friday is a school night tho'. ;_;

Hikaruhime
12-17-2006, 03:14 PM
This past AWA, we did it at 9:00 (if I recall correctly) on Friday night, so everyone should have gotten there from school by then... Maybe we can have it late again on Friday to give people a chance to get to the con and get ready?

AngeliqueMorte
12-17-2006, 03:30 PM
I have that whole week of school off, but our county is doing the whole "year round school" schedule stuff. We get random weeks off alot.

Im planning to cosplay Sakura, a Lolita Sakura, and SnJ Kakashi
My friend is planning on doing a SnJ Gaara.
:]

london2191
12-18-2006, 05:17 PM
That sounds fun. =] But I really want to do the ball, grr, I'm split. Late at night would be fun but mid-day looks nice. Hn, what time was the ball last year? Anyone know?

RyeCrimsonMoon
12-18-2006, 05:25 PM
It was later in the evening. I think about 7-8 'cause I remember everyone walking around all dressed up.

london2191
12-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Hmmmm, I dunno. I'm all mixed up.

AngeliqueMorte
12-19-2006, 01:41 AM
it was from 8pm to midnight last year.

My friend and I are trying to find Cheongsam dresses.
I want to find a light pink-ish colordress for a formal Sakura outfit.
:]
The dresses are jus too beautiful.

london2191
12-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Oh, so you can go at any time, kinda, really. Hn, I really wish I had the schedule now so I could figure it out.

AngeliqueMorte
12-20-2006, 10:54 PM
I decided that this year I need to get ahold of an event schedule ahead of time so I can plan the weekend insead of walking around like a zombie all weekend not knowing whats going on and all

sakura-chan87
12-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Ok ok ok...just to clear up confusion: The ball lasted from about nine to around midnight.

The gathering I hosted THIS PAST year began somewhere around 8-ish and lasted until about nine. We had SO many people turn out for this and everyone had just a lot of fun.

I planned it late specifically FOR all those people who were stuck in school the first day of AWA, just so that they could make it to the photoshoot/gathering and not miss out. ^_~
We'll most likely end up doing the same thing again for next year.

I can't wait to see everyone's costumes! I know you all are working hard on them. ^_^

phantomthief
12-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Ballroom Akatsuki Itachi XD Yep. Hopefully it actually gets finished this year...

After that? Some friends not on cosplay.com (And hopefully Jujubeans!) and I are doing a Naruto PJ group Friday and probably Saturday night.

~Ari-chan

london2191
12-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Ah, that sounds good Sakura-chan! -glomps- Heh, I missed you at D*C /and/ AWA so hopefully we'll meet again. Well, if you go to Momocon or whatnot.

I was thinking of doing Ballroom Temari for all of Friday and then into the ball. There will definitely be more than one Naruto gathering anyhow, like one on Friday and then one Saturday. Meh, guess I'm doing Yunie on Sunday.

Hahah, that Itachi thing sounds fun. ^^

Bri-sama
01-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm planning on already doing a naruto photoshoot, if it's friday then it will be great cause i have another one on sat. for a different show.

I will be Sexy no jutsu Shukaku, the only problem i will have is getting lost very easily. So if you see a lost looking Shukaku in high heels please guide her to the right area:toothy:

london2191
01-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Shukaku as in Gaara-chan's monster? -snicker- That sounds hilarious.

Hikaruhime
01-01-2007, 08:33 PM
*will guide the Shukaku* :D

kiarou
01-02-2007, 09:34 PM
so the photoshoots friday? lol i might miss it T___T im driving to atlanta from florida, i didnt get there lat year till 9 or 10pm, hope i make it....and not too tired to cosplay X__x

london2191
01-03-2007, 12:20 AM
xDD You can never be too tired. Anyway, there's one Friday, the ball, and then I'm pretty sure there'll be one planned for Saturday.

kiarou
01-03-2007, 07:16 AM
true, well, Im gonna try to skip the whole day of school this time, last time i skiped 3-7period, maybe ill get there earlier

Hikaruhime
01-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Skip class. Who needs to learn anyway? XD I've skipped class for a con before. I know a friend who actually skipped an exam, but I couldn't do that though. XD

london2191
01-03-2007, 09:27 PM
xDD rofl, that'd be true. I'd love to skip, but I don't know what the parental units would say.

AngeliqueMorte
01-08-2007, 05:11 PM
I would skip to go, but our county is on year-round school schedule and we actaully have the whole week prior to AWA off from school

phantomthief
01-11-2007, 06:48 PM
While on the other hand, this one skipped a band competition one year, and then a game the next X3

Itachi made me do it >.>

I got his base PJs in today!!! *wearing them* They're silky love >.>

~Ari-chan

london2191
01-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Well. I'm like having a problem. Friends want me to join marching band but one of my other friend's made it clear that I may miss these conventions. o.o I was told that if you miss anything in our marching band that they'll like, slaughter you. BUT I DON'T WANNA MISS IT.

;_____;

Xenida
01-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I will be going as Kazekage Gaara (custom colors) on both Friday and Saturday. We should have a photo shoot on Friday and march around the con in one giant group.

london2191
01-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Whoot! Gaara-sama! =] Sadly, I'm not bringing Time Skip this year, but I'm bringing it for Momocon. ^^

Friday? =\\ Friday is when I'm wearing Bleach. Last year, there was one Friday and Saturday so me and my friend are planning to go to it Friday...unless the world asplodes and it's really early.

Although, I am doing ANBU Temari which I'm wearing Sunday. I wonder if there'll be any then...

Ayane_Eiketsu
01-26-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm finally doing a Naruto cosplay this year since I skipped it last year :*(

I'll be going as Kurenai sensei all day Saturday :bigtu: And I defenitely wanna go to the photoshoots........anyone have a general idea about when or where yet??

london2191
01-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Mrmmm, I hope there's one Sunday. Otherwise, I s'pose I won't explode too bad. I'm wearing Naruto for ALL of Momocon anyway, so I shouldn't complain. But, yeah. =)

Ah, Kurenai-sensei. I got a pic of a Kurenai last year, but I doubt she was you. Unless I'm just really good.

lithe-fider
02-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Sweet, I can't miss the meet this year! X33 I missed being in it last year cause I was Shino on SATURDAY not Friday. XDD DAMN.

In 2007 I will be bringing Shibi-sama (Shino's dad) and MAYBE Shino too...big maybe.

Oh yea, speaking of the Friday shoot, I posted some video footage of it! X33 Go look for yourself: http://youtube.com/watch?v=oJ89T3JeqtE

KimiChizuchan
02-01-2007, 11:54 PM
With any luck, I'll be cosplaying as Rin. I promised my friend a looooong time ago that I'd make the costume to cosplay with her when she cosplays as the Yondaime, and..I swore I'd finish the costume this summer. XD;

PhoenixGate
02-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Looks like I will have a Naruto cosplay this year for AWA! Yeay! Ive got a couple of possibilities lined up - Jiraiya, Orochimaru or Tsunade. I would love to see a shoot Sat if at all possible as Bleach is on Friday.

Annie-Mei
02-02-2007, 07:30 PM
With any luck, I'll be cosplaying as Rin. I promised my friend a looooong time ago that I'd make the costume to cosplay with her when she cosplays as the Yondaime, and..I swore I'd finish the costume this summer. XD;

all we need is an Obito...im so there...^_~

london2191
02-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Mmm, yeah. So my plans are set and ANBU Temari is definitely Sunday. -shrugs- Aw well.

Fayte
03-02-2007, 02:32 PM
This year, I think I'm gonna have tj neji and maybe hidan again since i like him so much! I know I have a rock lee ,but i guess we will have to see! Specially because I might( i mean might) bring cs2 sasuke to awa......maybe

london2191
03-02-2007, 04:28 PM
OH NOES. So I'm back to not doing Naruto again for AWA. ^^;; Instead, ANBU Temari is being replaced by Mizuki Ashiya. YAY FOR CROSSDRESSERS.

loz_kun
03-05-2007, 10:22 PM
im hoping to do time elapse naruto^^ maube even jiraiya^^

Naruto Fox
03-07-2007, 04:58 AM
not desided yet, but il either have a shino or a deidara show up if im there friday, this is my first time so if i could PM'ed more about it that would help

london2191
03-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Naruto'll be even bigger than last year. -sighsigh- Oh wellz. I'm helping by thinning it out.

loz_kun
03-21-2007, 12:33 PM
you can nevah have to many kage byuushins^^ lol the 3rd ep of shippuuden shows us thatXDDD

KimiChizuchan
03-21-2007, 04:10 PM
..I am deeply saddened by the fact that the costumes are now like 'Shippuden Sakura' and 'Shippuden Sasuke.' ..Probably because I'm so used to calling them Timeskip costumes. ._.

But yes...I'm still planning on being Rin. I might have to restyle my wig though.

Hikaruhime
03-21-2007, 07:23 PM
KimiChizuchan~ I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. I'm like "Time jump this..." "Time jump that..." D:

Sai progress: finished his little dagger thingie. Almost done with his sandals, but procrastinating majorly on them. XD Realized I forgot the red straps on his jacket, so the jacket is no longer considered finished. Still need to make his backpack and gloves, too.

london2191
03-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty annoyed now. Photoshoots are now Shippuden/Naruto. What's the difference? o.O

Fayte
03-25-2007, 01:58 PM
So I added another naruto cosplay to the list......Yeah, but anyhow I'm gonna start on Suigetsu with that awsome sword zabuza left behind! Graverobbing, how weird is that? lol

Hikaruhime
03-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Woo~! I was hoping someone would step up and do Suigetsu. Me likes him very much. :D

kiarou
03-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Woo~! I was hoping someone would step up and do Suigetsu. Me likes him very much. :D

my brother(who usually does zabuza) is doin him for friday, while i do TJ sasuke :)

Hikaruhime
03-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Wow, two Suigetsu~! Much of the yayness and glompage. :D

london2191
03-25-2007, 08:11 PM
I am so confused as to what's going on in Naruto. xD I haven't been reading the manga since December. I'm slowly transforming from a Shonen Jump girl to a Shoujo Beat girl. =3 But I still have Bleach...kinda. My shoujo and video game cosplays overwhelm this year.

livvylove
03-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Tomahawkchunker and I can be Extras :) we have the outfits we just decided to not go as specific characters.

london2191
03-25-2007, 10:12 PM
livvylove: Wow, that's such a clever idea!

livvylove
03-25-2007, 10:38 PM
livvylove: Wow, that's such a clever idea!And comfortable :bigtu: , it's become my favorite costume because it is so functional(space for keys, wallets, and other random stuff). With all the pockets and how comfortable it is I can wear it on long trips and show up in costume. It's funny when people actually started saying what characters we were.

KimiChizuchan
03-26-2007, 11:22 AM
If I can figure out how to get the sword AND my Marluxia scythe to MTAC...I'm also planning on being Suigetsu. XD He's just soooooo fun.

animesk8rgirl
03-31-2007, 02:01 PM
Couldn't the shoot be moved to Saturday since Friday everyone will probably be in school and whatnot?I think would be cool if we all walked around in one big group.Oh,I will be going as Sakura ^_^

london2191
04-02-2007, 02:08 PM
People can't move the shoot to fit your schedule. o.o If you want a shoot on whichever day, organize one.

livvylove
04-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Plus the shoot on Friday is later in the day to accommodate for people being in school.

animesk8rgirl
04-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Oh yeah you're right...But I'm not sure if I'm coming Friday night....Oh well guess I'll have to ask my mom if I can ^_^

IX.DemyxIsMyBoi
04-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Okay, it's not definate that I'm going or anything, BUT if I do, I'll be bringing 4 versions of Shino Aburame, and 2 of Kisame.
Pre time-jump, timeJump, ANBU and Punk Shino and Regular and Punk Kisame. I may even toss on PJ version of both if I find something sutiable.

Samuchan
04-27-2007, 10:55 PM
okay. i am bringing my TJ naruto, and will be bringing 2 other naruto cosplayers, but i just wanna know when the confirmed time will be. What are those of you who're going to the ball going to do? And i think that it would be good to start it at 8, due to the length of time photoshoots generally take. That'll allow more people to go to the ball for a lengthy amount of time compared to if the shoot was at 9.

Just a suggestion, but if it's not possible, then all's good. =]

phantomthief
05-14-2007, 10:23 PM
So....

loz_kun: TJ Naruto
Samuchan: TJ Naruto
Kiarou: TJ Sasuke
Sakura-chan87: TJ Sakura
Fayte: TJ Neji, Suigetsu
Hikaruhime: Sai

RyeCrimsonMoon: Kyuubi

Bri-sama: SnJ Shukaku

Xenida: Kazekage Gaara

Ayane_Eiketsu: Kurenai

Lithe-fider: Shibi-sama

KimiChizuchan: Rin

PhoenixGate: Tsunade, Orochi, Jiraiya

Livvylove: Extras!

Demyx: Shino Aburame, Kisame

PhantomThief: Ball Itachi, PJ Itachi
Psycho_Acolyte~: PJ Kisame

~Ari-chan

Hikaruhime
05-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the list, Ari-chan~! ^^

In other news, I finished my Sai yesterday. *feeling much of the yayness* :D

london2191
05-15-2007, 08:05 PM
-eats Hikaruhime-sama- I love you. Okies, what day are you wearing Sai-chan? That way I can inform you of my cosplay and I can, like, attack you. xD

Ayane_Eiketsu
05-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the list, Ari-chan~! ^^

In other news, I finished my Sai yesterday. *feeling much of the yayness* :D

*fansqueal* You're icon = <3

I can't wait to see all the Naruto cosplayers now!! XD

Hikaruhime
05-15-2007, 09:16 PM
London~
I'll be Sai whenever the Naruto photoshoot is. So, if it turns out to be Friday evening, then I'll wear him for the photoshoot until the time I sleep. XD Definitely glomp me if you spot me. XP

Ayane~
Thank you~! :D

Fayte
05-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Sadly I won't be bringing Suigetsu to awa this year! No chance IN HELL can I fit my sword on a plane or pay to have the damn thing shipped......twice. So I will prolly have to jump on one of my other Naruto cosplays being Tj sasuke or Tj Neji.

Athame
05-16-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm going as Hinata Hyuga. And I'm bringing a friend who's going to be Kiba Inuzuka.

london2191
05-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Hikaruhime: I'll have to print out a list of the photoshoots. There're billions all ready. ^^;;

Ayane_Eiketsu
05-16-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm going as Hinata Hyuga. And I'm bringing a friend who's going to be Kiba Inuzuka.

Awesome! If I can get my friends boyfriend to bring his Shino cosplay then we'll have the whole team! :toothy:

Fayte
05-17-2007, 12:19 AM
.......*pouts* I wanna have my whole team now! RECRUITING LEE AND TENTEN NOW! No health benefits and no chance in hell of dental!

Athame
05-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Awesome! If I can get my friends boyfriend to bring his Shino cosplay then we'll have the whole team! :toothy:

YAY! The whole team! oh, I almost got my hinata jacket finished, yay for me! it's lookin like the real deal.
-Jecci [[<3]]

Hikaruhime
05-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Fayte~

My best friend will be there as either genin Tenten or ANBU Tenten. ^^

Fayte
05-18-2007, 12:32 AM
LoL, thats ironic Hikaruhime. I'm gonna have Jounin Neji and Anbu Neji.

loz_kun
05-22-2007, 02:02 PM
if i can find something lite to make the tail out of, ill be coming as sasori of the red sand. whoot whoot. scorpian men ftw!

vincentlover2
05-22-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm going to crossplay shino aburame. And what of this photoshoot when is that?

london2191
05-22-2007, 05:29 PM
It's all on the photoshoots thread.

vincentlover2
05-22-2007, 05:59 PM
oh....hehehe..... i guess that would explain it all now wouldn't it.

london2191
05-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Mmmkay, for the Naruto shoot, I'ma be posting Naruto on friday at 8 as that's what someone mentioned.

Ayane_Eiketsu
05-23-2007, 10:37 PM
That sounds perfect to me! I was hoping it was Friday since I have to cosplay Mikako (Paradise Kiss) on Saturday with my group for the Cosplay Contest/Masqerade.

london2191
05-23-2007, 11:42 PM
You could switch out? I'm changing three times that day. xD Luckily I'm sleeping /in/ the convention.

You could schedule one on Friday if you'd like. =D

Ayane_Eiketsu
05-23-2007, 11:50 PM
True. If I had to, I would change midday no problem. 'Cause I really wanna go to the Naruto shoot. So i'm not picky about the time as long as it happens! :toothy:

phantomthief
05-25-2007, 02:00 AM
Looks like I'll stick on my Itachi dress, hit the shoot, run to the ball, leave a ninja sandal at the ball, run back to my room at midnight, and wait for prince Charming XD

His outfit will be MINE. *A twisted cosplay Cinderella story X3*

~Ari-chan

Amechan
05-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Ok, it's time for me to bring some Taboo to the table:

Friday I'll be going as Sakura... but as Pirate Sakura. PotC 3 rattled my brains a little, so I'm going to have to be a Pirate-Ninja. Hopefully I can get my boyfriend to go as Pirate Naruto or Pirate Sasuke. I'm interested in seeing people's reactions...

sakura-chan87
05-28-2007, 06:05 AM
Ok, it's time for me to bring some Taboo to the table:

Friday I'll be going as Sakura... but as Pirate Sakura. PotC 3 rattled my brains a little, so I'm going to have to be a Pirate-Ninja. Hopefully I can get my boyfriend to go as Pirate Naruto or Pirate Sasuke. I'm interested in seeing people's reactions...

THAT would make me giggle. XDD I've got a pirate costume, I'll dress up with ya and we'll be Ninja Pirates. :D :D :D :D :D

As far as photoshoots go, we need them ORGANIZED. AWA is a little bit bigger this year and I don't want a repeat of what happened at Momocon this past spring. There were a BUNCH of people together for the Saturday evening Naruto photoshoot and NO ONE was there to organize it.
I was going to, but then I recieved a phone call that I couldn't ignore.

Anyway, regardless, I suggest we decide now on the days and times. I'm all for having a later on in the evening photoshoot on friday. Let's make it a bit earlier though this year than last, shall we? That way it will give time to those who are going to the Ball.

I propose this:

Friday: 6pm same location outside of the Dealer's Room. Lots of room for lots of people. ^_^

Saturday: Dear God the insanity shall ensue. XD But I propose a shoot around 10am, in the lobby of the hotel, downstairs where the piano always is. Hopefully this will be early enough before the big rush of cosplayers get up. If you want to be in it, get your Ninja Behind out of bed! lol!

Sunday: Nothing spiffy, just a last HURRAH! of 2007. How about at 1pm and we'll shoot it OUTSIDE the entrance to the Renaissance Waverly, where the big Bleach photoshoot was this past year?

What do you all think?

sakura-chan87
05-28-2007, 06:20 AM
true, well, Im gonna try to skip the whole day of school this time, last time i skiped 3-7period, maybe ill get there earlier

Oh goodness! You can always plan ahead, like Ino and I did last year. We both came down with this sudden "illness" the day before AWA began. XDDD

I'm planning a shoot on Saturday morning, a PJ party Saturday night and another shoot Sunday.

Hopefully you'll be able to attend. See you at the con!

sakura-chan87
05-30-2007, 04:45 AM
So, what's up? Is everyone cool with having 3 different shoots in one weekend so everybody can make it to at least one?

Xenida
05-30-2007, 09:20 AM
3 photo shoots, sound good to me.

Ayane_Eiketsu
05-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Three shoots sounds awesome. I'll probably try to make them all too :toothy:

loz_kun
05-31-2007, 10:44 PM
iv hit a snag....i cant find anything to support the tail for sasori>< i want it bendable so i can flex a it and pokeh people^^

HopelessHavoc
06-07-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm gonna try to make it to one the shoots during the weekend ^__^

Saturday I'll be Zabuza all day, and I may also wear Kiba at some point

sakura-chan87
06-07-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm gonna try to make it to one the shoots during the weekend ^__^

Saturday I'll be Zabuza all day, and I may also wear Kiba at some point

Yay Jason!! It'll be great to see ya!

Ohh btw I need to talk to you about something. XD

sakura-chan87
06-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Three shoots sounds awesome. I'll probably try to make them all too :toothy:

Okay, just because I've had some question from a few people...

Go look at my earlier post on this page. (its post #83)

Tell me if those dates and times are okay for you all and let me know if having three photoshoots at this con will work?
I know we're going to be over-run by Narutards. XD But still. It's going to be fun.

Please respond you all, so I know how to start planning this! :D

Amechan
06-26-2007, 12:03 AM
I propose this:

Friday: 6pm same location outside of the Dealer's Room. Lots of room for lots of people. ^_^

I'm afraid that 6 pm may be a little early. I'm going to have a hard enough time fighting Friday traffic as it is. And it's not like I can just skip my classes or anything, it still takes me 4 hours to get from Valdosta to Atlanta (5 hours on a normal traffic-filled day).

Plus, remember the awful pre-registration line on Friday last year? I was so glad that I bought a walk-in badge. Who knows hows many people will be delayed by it, and I'm assuming that it's not going to be any better this year. XP

Anywho, is it possible that we make the shoot at 7 pm? I know I'd feel a lot more comfortable with that. ^^;

sakura-chan87
06-26-2007, 12:16 AM
7pm is do-able. xD

I understand about the whole traffic bit. It's one of the main reasons I abhor living in Atlanta. :P

Let's see what everyone else has to say about times so that way I'll have a definite on what's best for everyone so I can make sure everyone who wants to come, can. ^_~

GeneStarwind211
06-27-2007, 10:45 AM
I feel embarassed that I missed this post.

Hey this is Kabuto here. I'll be coming down for my second AWA. I live up here in Maryland. My main reason coming down is because I'm an AMV Editor. This is where all the editors meet up for a big editor showdown. Anyways I'll still be cosplaying. You may remember me last year as I was InuYasha with the boombox playing theme music. I'll have my boombox again this year. So I was wondering who else is going to be there. I look forward to a great con. I still have Otakon and Anime Festival Orlando to go to first and then AWA. So see you all there.

Amechan
06-27-2007, 04:41 PM
I feel embarassed that I missed this post.

Hey this is Kabuto here. I'll be coming down for my second AWA. I live up here in Maryland. My main reason coming down is because I'm an AMV Editor. This is where all the editors meet up for a big editor showdown.

I didn't realize that AWA still had a big AMV following. The first year I went (AWA 9) I remember it being a pretty big deal.

Anywho, what song(s) are you planning on playing on your boombox?

GeneStarwind211
06-28-2007, 12:45 AM
I didn't realize that AWA still had a big AMV following. The first year I went (AWA 9) I remember it being a pretty big deal.

Anywho, what song(s) are you planning on playing on your boombox?

"All the Naruto theme Music I have and some other songs that seem to fit my character and characters I'm with at the time. As for AWA having a big amv following its the most known con for AMV Editors to gather."

sakura-chan87
07-04-2007, 01:35 AM
Okay, so everybody is okay with the photoshoot times?

I'll switch the Friday shoot from 6 to 7, and hopefully that will give you kids enough time to get there. Leave as early as you can though. Beat the traffic before it beats you...xP

So, to list again the shoot times, just to avoid confusion:

Friday: 7pm

Saturday: 10am
Location: Waverly lobby, then move probably outside somewhere. (Where there are trees and other good stationary objects for cool photos!!)

Sunday: 1pm

Ayane_Eiketsu
07-04-2007, 03:02 AM
Sounds awesome! I'll defenitely be at the Friday and Saturday shoot. I'll be at the Sunday one if I feel like getting into costume a third time ^_^;;

Fayte
07-24-2007, 01:28 AM
Bump, It feels like its Jan. or something with how slow this has been lately.

Ayane_Eiketsu
07-24-2007, 01:31 AM
Not to me, it feels like AWA is right around the corner......probably because i'm no where near done with any of my cosplays :waaaah:

But I wish it would get here sooner. So excited! :toothy:

HopelessHavoc
07-24-2007, 08:54 AM
I'll make the Saturday shoot for sure ^_^ and I'll try to make it to at least one of the other two as well
I hope we have nice weather that weekend
See you guys there!

fear_nothing
07-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Theres a Saturday shoot too? Awesome, I'm coming that day as Pein

Hana-Bi82
07-27-2007, 09:45 PM
ok just to let yall know i will be going as Time-Skip Sakura and my two will be going as Time-Skip Tenten and Hinata with me. I was going to ask other friend of mine to go as Time-Skip Ino with me but she can't go so there went that lol. but any way see yall there

fear_nothing
07-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Ah, can we set up a Naruto photoshoot on Saturday?

Madara's_Legacy
08-04-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm going to be there as Sasuke from the Chunin Exams(SMcClimans on the AWA thread)

wolf-child
08-11-2007, 01:59 AM
I might be going as Temari.

miaka2u
08-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Ooookay! I came over here from the AWA forums. XP What I read from there it seemed that the 6 PM on Friday night was the best time. It gave the local kids enough time to get to the con and it gave people going to the ball enough time for a few pictures and time to change into their ball outfits. I think anything earlier or later wouldn't be fair.

That's 2 hours after school lets out and two hours before the ball starts. Even ground. Let's go with that. Anyone who's going to be a little later can come a little later sinc it'll probaby run until 8 or 9.

What's your opinions on that? We should have this settled before the 21st so we can have it all settled a month before the con that way everyone's got all the info.

That said, my sister and I will be cosplaying Shippuuden Naruto and Sasuke on Friday and will be at the photoshoot. <3 <3 <3

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-20-2007, 12:40 AM
i'll be bringing young naruto (white tshirt with red swirly). Simple costume, but really cute!

QuickSilver
08-21-2007, 03:00 PM
I'll be there as Haku, with my Zabuza and Kakashi in tow, of course. Not sure which shoot we're making it to yet though, everything's still kinda up in the air at this point.

Solargirl
08-21-2007, 03:09 PM
I'll be bringing Uzuki Yuugao, young Sasuke and time skip Sasuke with me! And i'll try to attend all of the shoots, I know i'm definitely going to the one on Sunday :D

Elendriel
08-21-2007, 04:52 PM
I will be there as Time Skip Ino with Sakurachan87 as Sakura :)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-21-2007, 05:54 PM
anime jrock05: young Sasuke? you gotta get pics with my young Naruto! now all we need is a young Sakura and we have the "future" Team 7!!!

Solargirl
08-21-2007, 07:46 PM
anime jrock05: young Sasuke? you gotta get pics with my young Naruto! now all we need is a young Sakura and we have the "future" Team 7!!!

Yay a young Naruto! Yes, we definitely have to get pics together!! :D When do you plan to wear your costume? I still haven't decided yet so any day is fine for me XD Hopefully we will find a Sakura at the con! XD

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-21-2007, 09:47 PM
i have no idea, but i will probably run around as young Naruto all weekend! I'm doing the really simple one with the white shirt with the red swirls. I just need to get me a wig to make sure that i will be able to complete the costume. I really do hope we find a young Sakura! This is going to be AWESOME!

mocha
08-21-2007, 10:12 PM
I'll be there as Haku, with my Zabuza and Kakashi in tow, of course. Not sure which shoot we're making it to yet though, everything's still kinda up in the air at this point.

Yay Haku! I'll have my SnJ Zabu-chan. I'd love to get some shots with you all! ^___^

Solargirl
08-21-2007, 10:15 PM
i have no idea, but i will probably run around as young Naruto all weekend! I'm doing the really simple one with the white shirt with the red swirls. I just need to get me a wig to make sure that i will be able to complete the costume. I really do hope we find a young Sakura! This is going to be AWESOME!

Ok, well if I see you then i'll change XD I love that shirt with the red swirl XD I can't wait to see it! :D

Ayane_Eiketsu
08-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Three of my friends agreed to bringing their Kiba, Shino and Hinata cosplays!! So that means we'll be Kurenai and the whole team there! :rockon:

sakura-chan87
08-21-2007, 11:28 PM

I would so be up for doing a young version of Sakura, only problem is that I'm a bit old to try to look that young. ^_~ And I'm most likely going to be in either my TJ or ANBU.

QuickSilver
08-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Yay Haku! I'll have my SnJ Zabu-chan. I'd love to get some shots with you all! ^___^

Oh but we must! ^ ~ And with Dee doing SnJ Haku we'll just be total cuteness.

Solargirl
08-21-2007, 11:48 PM
I would so be up for doing a young version of Sakura, only problem is that I'm a bit old to try to look that young. ^_~ And I'm most likely going to be in either my TJ or ANBU.

Nonsense you would make an awesome young Sakura!! :D

Elendriel
08-22-2007, 01:43 AM

so many cosplays, what will you do? :P

if you do end up doing a young version of Sakura, count me in for Ino :P gotta have your rival ;)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-22-2007, 06:04 PM

and do i look like an elementary school aged, blonde male with a fox demon trapped inside? LOL! hmm...nearly all the Naruto costumes i have planned are from flashbacks (i.e. YOUNG!)...does that mean i want to be a kid again? (a cool NINJA kid?) :)

if you do end up doing a young version of Sakura, count me in for Ino :P gotta have your rival ;)

an Ino would be cool! But you all wouldn't be rivals if you do young version...you would be best friends. ino = flower and sakura = flower waiting to bloom. OMG! so many picture ideas come with that young pairing

Nosebleed Iruka
08-22-2007, 10:04 PM
i have a choice of either un-retiring Iruka Umino (sensei version) or being Kid Iruka... or wearing my Obito costume once more... i'm not really sure.

ldkhoas
08-22-2007, 10:05 PM
I'll be bringing my jiraiya~

Ayane_Eiketsu
08-22-2007, 10:06 PM
i have a choice of either un-retiring Iruka Umino (sensei version) or being Kid Iruka... or wearing my Obito costume once more... i'm not really sure.

IRUKA!! I'm such a fangirl when it comes to Iruka-sensei :toothy:

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-22-2007, 10:28 PM
i agree IRUKA-SENSEI! *drools*
but kid Iruka is a good choice as well *has some secret dream of having an all "kid" group*

sakura-chan87
08-23-2007, 12:55 AM

Michan, if you bring Obito, I'll so bring Rin. lol!
I can't wait to see you girl! It's been far too long! ^_^

Nosebleed Iruka
08-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Michan, if you bring Obito, I'll so bring Rin. lol!
I can't wait to see you girl! It's been far too long! ^_^

sadly, it'll have to be without the contacts... they burn too easily and i think they're old.
I'll try and squeeze obito in the weekend, for the shoot i'll be iruka.

Elendriel
08-23-2007, 03:55 PM
an Ino would be cool! But you all wouldn't be rivals if you do young version...you would be best friends. ino = flower and sakura = flower waiting to bloom. OMG! so many picture ideas come with that young pairing

true! yes, that'd be cool! :D

Fayte
08-25-2007, 12:14 AM
So Its official, I totally am easy to sucker into stuff. My old partner in crime has coaxed me into bringing back my Hidan and Voodoo priest Hidan to AWA.....So now the fearsome duo returns!

fear_nothing
08-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Alright, it's official. No Obito for me this year - Saturday, I'll be the blue haired Akatsuki girl.

Can't wait to see you all there!!

sakura-chan87
08-29-2007, 01:50 AM
Oh that's awesome!

Michan, let me know when you're going to be in your Obito costume. Contacts or no, I still would love to get a photo with you. ^_^
(*glomps*) I miss you girl!

I've not made up my mind then about this con. There's a bajillion costumes (not really) that I want to bring, but I've got to flip a coin or something on what comes and what stays at home.
Since ANBU is going to Dragon*con, I may leave that one at home this year. It's gotten a lot of use at other cons anyways. ^_^

raNar
08-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Is there any possible way to bump the Naruto photoshoot up to 6? The ball started at 9 and that gives everyone at the photoshoot to enjoy themselves or have time to change for the ball. It's just a sugguestion.

Soliel_Hime
08-31-2007, 01:35 PM
I'll be there as Tsunade on Fri

Soliel_Hime
08-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Is there any possible way to bump the Naruto photoshoot up to 6? The ball started at 9 and that gives everyone at the photoshoot to enjoy themselves or have time to change for the ball. It's just a sugguestion.
I second this!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-31-2007, 04:35 PM
Genki: That's fine with me. I don't plan on going to the ball, but i know that people will probably need time to get ready for it...Anyone else mind changing it?

Fayte
08-31-2007, 09:23 PM
Me and my friends might not be able to make it if it gets changed around. Have a few other things planned already.

raNar
08-31-2007, 11:05 PM
Me and my friends might not be able to make it if it gets changed around. Have a few other things planned already.

If it got changed to 6, the photoshoot could go on as long as people went and continue to gather for the shoot. So in reality it could last for a really long time.

Ayane_Eiketsu
08-31-2007, 11:11 PM
If it got changed to 6, the photoshoot could go on as long as people went and continue to gather for the shoot. So in reality it could last for a really long time.

I agree! I'd more than likely be there for the whole thing too :D

Nosebleed Iruka
09-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Oh that's awesome!

Michan, let me know when you're going to be in your Obito costume. Contacts or no, I still would love to get a photo with you. ^_^
(*glomps*) I miss you girl!

I've not made up my mind then about this con. There's a bajillion costumes (not really) that I want to bring, but I've got to flip a coin or something on what comes and what stays at home.
Since ANBU is going to Dragon*con, I may leave that one at home this year. It's gotten a lot of use at other cons anyways. ^_^

I've posted my costumes list on my LJ, but i'll be Obito friday morning to late afternoon... then changing to Iruka right after for the photoshoot. I'll be stuck in the dealer's room cause my table is there, but if you need to drag me out, i'm cool with it.

Second Angel
09-02-2007, 03:31 AM
Both my costumes are from Naruto .. so I guess it's just a toss between which one I'll be doing on Friday -- something I'll be deciding once the second one is finished.

I do know that I'm definitely going to be Neji (genin) and Itachi (ANBU version) at some point. XD But we'll see once I actually get the Itachi outfit tried on.

Naei
09-02-2007, 07:45 PM
So, wait. When is the photoshoot, exactly? Is it decided now?
Whenever it is, I'm bringing a dress that looks like a substitution jutsu. (shuriken sticking out and everything.)

raNar
09-02-2007, 09:26 PM
It seems like a lot of people are interested in changing the photoshoot time to a couple hours early and have it end when everyone stops gathering and only a few people are left, seeing most photoshoots end in about 2 1/2 to 3 hours with large groups.

If the photoshoot starts at 6, then it should end around 8:30ish, however seeing some people are still planning on coming at 8, the shoot could be extended until around 10:00 PM.

The problem with having it so late is that some people have purchased Ball tickets and would like to make it there without missing 2 hours the ball for the photoshoot. Not to mention having to change into proper attire to attend the ball. So this will give everyone at least an hour to go to the photoshoot before the ball startes, dressing time included. (6-7 PM at the shoot, and 7-9 to get changed and dressed nice for the ball.)

Most people will stay as long as there's something interesting going on. So as long as new cosplayers and characters gather at the photoshoot, the liveliness of the shoot is promised.

This keeps everyone entertained for some time and have oppertunities to take pictures and hang out with all different fans of the series, for as long as they stay. This also gives the group more time to organize pictures, because the hassle of getting everyone to do what they want for pictures is a challenge. I know because I organized and directed the photoshoot at MTAC this year, and with some many people it took some time.

Should I ask London2191 to move the time up to 6, or does anyone have any serious objects about running the photoshoot for longer, however starting it earlier?

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-02-2007, 10:47 PM
wasn't there a plan for a photoshoot every day? that way the time may not need to be changed and the others can just go to the photoshoot on the other days.

note: i do not object to changing the time even if i am not going to the ball. just trying to reach an agreement i guess. But, genki, you could pm london and tell her if no one has any objections

raNar
09-03-2007, 12:48 AM
wasn't there a plan for a photoshoot every day? that way the time may not need to be changed and the others can just go to the photoshoot on the other days.

note: i do not object to changing the time even if i am not going to the ball. just trying to reach an agreement i guess. But, genki, you could pm london and tell her if no one has any objections

The intended reason for the time change was to accomadate people who were cosplaying Naruto characters only on Friday, seeing some people wear different costumes everyday; and some even wear different costumes on the same day. I know I personally do the first, by wearing different characters on different days. So it's possible some people are only going to be wearing Naruto cosplay on Friday. <3 <3

I'm going to give the subject at hand until the 7th. I know not everyone gets on the fourms everyday to check out things, so I figure I'll wait to see if anyone objects to it. ^__^ I don't like being pushy and not give people time, but the con is approaching, and I don't want people gettings confused or the wrong information. >.<

irish_moon003
09-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I'll be Hinata all weekend long. My best friend and I will be Neji and Hinata (genin) on Friday, and Anbu Neji with Anbu Hinata on Saturday. I'm trying to talk her into doing PJs for the Saturday night PJ party and for an easy/comfortable cosplay for Sunday.

I don't object to changing the time for the photoshoot. I like the idea that it will give us more time before everyone leaves for the ball.

16 days, ya'll!

^_^

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-04-2007, 02:08 PM
16 days! *eep* must. work. on. costumes. (after i get out of class, of course)

Somber Fai
09-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Hi Sakura-chan! n_n I'll be Hinata again at AWA and I would love to come to the photoshoots. I want to try to make it to all of them, but I usually have a bad habit of getting lost at conventions for some reason... ^///^; so if it's not too much trouble.. if anyone happens to see me, could you maybe help me get to the photoshoots? I'm sorry!

fear_nothing
09-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Aw, Hinata, thats so cute! I'll try to help if I see a frustrated, lost kunoichi. Though this is my first time at AWA, so I'll probably be lost myself!

Fayte
09-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Follow the Hidan. Large red scythe is hard to miss......and dodge if your to close >.> Got warned a few times for people bumping into me by security. lol

Soliel_Hime
09-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Well, I for one, will only be cosplaying from Naruto on Friday, as Tsunade-hime. I'm greatly in favor of the shoot being moved up to 6pm on that day, so I can have a chance to change for the ball. I might cosplay her again on Sunday, but this is highly unlikely. So anyone else for Friday at 6?

Bri-sama
09-05-2007, 12:43 AM
I'm for it cause i probably won't be able to get to the con on Friday till either 4:30 or 5:00....
I'm just hoping that the registration for this year isn't as hectic as it was last year. 0_0

As for progress on the Shukaku....it's going slow but it will be ready for an unveiling on Friday.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-05-2007, 09:05 AM
i may get to the con really late on friday :( so no friday photoshoot for me

raNar
09-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Jessi-chan: The photoshoot will hopefully be lasting until 9:30... T___T You don't think you'll be able to make it still? Awwwwww.....

Okay, so I'm going to PM London and tell her to move that time up to 6:00 PM on Friday. Much love anyone hope to be able to see you all there!

OH! oO I forgot, I'll be there as Shippuuden Naruto. I was the Naruto running around last year. You might have seen me as 8-year old Naruto, 12 year old Naruto, Ball Naruto, or Doujinshi Naruto. XDDDD I was with a Sasuke who matched me the whole time. Can you tell we're twins? XDDD

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-05-2007, 10:50 PM
*sniff* I am contemplating NOT doing Naruto. I have spent nearly $100 in wigs right now for such simple costumes and i haven't brought my Naruto wig yet! I may still try and do the costume because i want to be naruto darnit! lol

I think i'll be arriving in ATL at 7 PM so i may still be able to make the shoot