PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Adventurersplace.com

Zendragon
08-15-2002, 02:04 PM
Hello everyone,

I am Zen Dragon, the webmaster from Adventurersplace.com

While at the 2002 San Diego Comic Con I had the pleasure of meeting a few folks from here and decided to drop in. I can't believe I never knew aoubt this place.

Our site primarily deals with Indiana Jones and Lara Croft Costuming and only recently has started exploring Cosplay and Masquerade...many of our forum members are starting to cross-over from their current costuming characters to others.

I just wanted to mention how great of a resource this site is and hope to drop by here more often...

Thanks,

Zen

Yggdrasil Pie
08-15-2002, 02:47 PM
Welcome! Welcome! I'm Koko, nice to meet you! *gives blue origami flower*

Ayaka
08-15-2002, 04:31 PM
I've never seen Indiana Jones cosplay (maybe just never been in the right place). I've gotta go check that out. Nice to meet you! ^^

Zendragon
08-15-2002, 04:43 PM
I have a question regarding the term CosPlay...

I have seen it use to describe all types of costuming. How is it primarily used here? For Anime characters or do all forms of costuming apply?

Thanks for the info...

Zen

Nyoko
08-15-2002, 05:09 PM
Cosplay= Costume play, word cosplay started in Japan... (taken from the Cosplay Encyclopedia)

Well anyways wellcome!

Zendragon
08-15-2002, 05:27 PM
Thanks,

Yea I am familiar with the term an origin, but like I said, some people use CosPlay to describe Anime only...and others use it to describe all types of costumes...

Is there a standard?

Thanks again,

Zen

Nyoko
08-15-2002, 05:36 PM
Well I think it has movied on to refur to ANY form or costume Roleplay, but still for the most part fits well with anime/manga.

Zendragon
08-15-2002, 05:38 PM
Sounds fair to me...

I know that there are some that still refer to Cosplay when desribing Anime/Manga and use the term Masquerade to describe all other type of costuming...

I guess the bottom line is to wear that costume right...

Nyoko
08-15-2002, 05:49 PM
ya im not oin to get all tec. on this....my head will start to trob with pain....

L to the 3rd
08-16-2002, 03:07 AM
Howdy to Indy and Lara..!

uhmm well the term cosplay originated from Japan,
as a combo word for ''costume playing''... but i think
it refers to just '' any people wearing costumes''.

chris west
03-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Im a full blown Indy cosplayer and proud of it, not many Indy costumers in the UK at the moment, ive only ever met one other.

Nikostratos
03-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Welcome to C.Com Zen,
These guys are dead on with the Cosplay.
it can be used to describe any event where someone dresses up in costume, but is most accurately used for anime / manga / fantasy-ish genres.
it just doesnít feel right to call renaissance people cosplayers... unless its cosplayers going to the renaissance festival... [hmmm thereís an idea... *snicker* one day the PSCS is going to have to Cosplay to the local ren fest... wonder if they would even let us in the gates... would have to go with a feudal theme... hehe]

anyways, Welcome to C.Com, Feel free to stop by the PSCS boards any time you want, or if you have any questions concerning props or any other problems, donít hesitate to post to the appropriate forums because there is always people like myself and state alchemist and celembor patrolling the props and accessories forms, so we can tackle pretty much anything between us...

HybridTwist
03-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Wow, this thread is old. If you're still here, welcome to cosplay.com.

Nikostratos
03-05-2005, 02:50 PM
lmao yeah it is.. i didnt look at the date...

zidane-tribal
03-05-2005, 06:10 PM
welcome 2 cosplay.com

Seto-Kaiba
03-05-2005, 08:04 PM
welcome to cosplay.com

Dany
03-06-2005, 02:43 AM
ZEEEEEEN! :D

*wavewave*

Glad you got here, dude ;D

Mich
03-06-2005, 05:18 AM
Hahahha,yeah an old thread ,and I've only just read it.....And I'm a member there too...LOL!
I LURVE RQ ( Adventurersplace),got me into Cosplay.... :thumbsup: :jjacks: :dance:

Chibi Plush Toy
03-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Oooo I just checked out your site! So cool :) Welcome to Cosplay.com!