PDA

View Full Version : Fun clothes in Kansai

violetsky
12-14-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm going to be studying in the Kansai area, mainly Kyoto and Osaka, for 3 weeks in January. I was wondering if anyone knows of any cool clothing stores, vintage, cosplay-related, or otherwise in that general area. I'd appreciate it, thanks!

Starlit Rose
12-27-2006, 09:49 PM
If/when you go to Osaka, make sure to hit up Shinsaibashi (心斎橋) and Namba (難波). Those are the main shopping areas, and they are filled with variety (and they're in the same area). There's a part of Shinsaibashi that's called "America-mura" and that's were I always loved to go, because it had my visual-kei clothing shops, haha. But really, that whole area is nothing but shops, mostly clothing. Namba is bigger than Shinsaibashi, but I liked what Shinsaibashi had more. All up to one's taste.

littleblue
01-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks for those tips - I live and work in Kyoto but I've only been here a couple of months so I haven't managed to find any foreign cosplayers in Japan or good areas yet (Tokyo is a little far :P)

Kaze no Uta
01-02-2007, 12:39 PM
You can get to Osaka on the JR for relativly cheep (Canadian curently working in Namba Osaka). There are a few good chain stores... I particularily like the Mandarake in Umeda Osaka, where the employees were all in cosplay ... pm me and I'll forward you a pic of the shop logo. Yes, definatly hit Americamura but you'll also get a kick out of Denden town.... there are TONES of anime shops... the larger ones carry props and sometimes actual costumes.

Hell, give me a shout when your in Osaka and I'll see about showing you where all these places are!

violetsky
01-02-2007, 02:46 PM
thanks so much for your helpful replies, 'cuz i leave in 2 days! yay!

nugrosjp
02-02-2007, 10:52 AM
thanks so much for your helpful replies, 'cuz i leave in 2 days! yay!
Woww looking forward to hear your stories :)