PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Weird Al song...?

RoseDuelist
03-29-2003, 11:35 PM
I have too many to count. Pretty much all of the Bad Hair Day CD particularly Everything you Know is Wrong and Since You've Been Gone. Some other good ones are "You Don't Love Me Anymore" and all of his polka mixes rock. ......and who could ever forget "Albequerque"... I almost have that whole thing memorized. Almost.. :D

I wuv weird al.. ^_^ I got to meet him once, been to 6 concerts of his, win trivia all the time and such.. wee! I don't think I'm the "ulitmate" fan, but I'm up there. I'm only 16 so there is much to learn.

XLainoftheWired
03-29-2003, 11:39 PM
I know when I was younger and NewKids on the Block were hip, he made a parody of a song of thiers. I dont remember the name of the song, but his was called "Oreos" and he sand about how they cause acne and stuff. And me being I think 9 at the time thought it was great. He also did a Beach Boys parody then, about flesh wounds from shotguns or something. Too long ago.

RoseDuelist
03-29-2003, 11:47 PM
A lot of songs that people hear and think are him aren't really him. I'm not so sure on those two because I've never heard them and I own almost all his CD's. They could be on one I don't own or be unpublished though so I don't doubt it's him.. ^_^

There are some really crude ones going around that are NOT him though.. -_-() Gas humor is just not funny...

OH! And Dr. Demento rocks too! I got to meet him and give him a huge hug and touch the rim of his hat.. lol

XLainoftheWired
03-29-2003, 11:48 PM
Then again Rose, I was freaking nine years old.

Babbit_Chan
03-29-2003, 11:55 PM
I haven't heard a lot of his stuff, but I loved Amish Paradise LOL

RoseDuelist
03-29-2003, 11:57 PM
Hey, I wasn't doubting you.. just saying I hadn't heard them. ^_^ A parody is a parody. It's ok. Didn't mean to offend you at all.

Babbit: Yes, the song that starts the Bad Hair Day CD. One of the best... followed by my fav. Wee! I can listen to that CD all the way through.

XLainoftheWired
03-30-2003, 12:01 AM
didnt take offense, just been saying freaking a lot

RoseDuelist
03-30-2003, 12:05 AM
Lol.. yeah. I heard Another One Rides the Bus when I was around 7. Then I heard it again I'm like.. "wait a minute... where.. this is familiar!"

Oh! And some unpublished favs of mine are "Pizza Delivery" and "Melonie" I think Melonie is published, but I'm not sure. I certainly don't own it. ^^;; But I want to.

I think Pizza Delivery is one of the best parodies I've heard of his. EVER ! It goes to the "Heart will go on" theme and it's all about delivering a pizza.

"Deeeeeeeep, Diiiiiiiiiiiiish! Whateeeever you wish! You can get, two for one, with a coupon.
Near. Far. I'll hop in my care. Just say, what you want. and the toppings will go on and on.."

I got those lyrics a bit wrong, but still funny.. ^^ I suggest that one for anybody who wants to try out Weird Al. It isn't published though so good luck finding it.

ainslye
03-30-2003, 12:23 AM
Weird Al = the MAN

Bad Hair Day is one of my fav CDs. Everything you Know is Wrong was my theme song my senior year of high school. But I also love the I love Lucy song "oh, ricky, you're so fine..." lol....

Sailor Naboo
03-30-2003, 01:59 AM
I'm a Star Wars nerd from way back, so I'd have to say, "The Saga Begins." It's so well written and in many ways was better than the movie! (and I'm not one of those Episode 1 haters)

KaineMaxwell
03-30-2003, 10:01 AM
I have his Bad Hair Day and Running cds, along with a Weird Al 80's mix cd a friend made for me which I play often. :)

I'll post a playlist later.

Vinya
03-30-2003, 10:07 AM
Haven't heard much Weird Al myself, but the Beer Song seems kinda... whacko... ^_^

RoseDuelist
03-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Mwuah! *blows kiss* His 80's stuff rocks!

KaineMaxwell
03-30-2003, 12:56 PM
Here's the playlist of that mix Ayame:

1. Dare to be Stupid
2. She drives like crazy
3. Polka Party!
4. Eat it
5. Another one rides the bus
6. Alimony
7. King of Suede
8. Hooked on polkas
9. Nature trail to hell
10. Fat
11. Girls just wanna have lunch
12. Living with a hernia
13. (this song is just) six words long
14. Yoda
15. I lost on Jeopardy
16. i want a new duck
17. Here's Johnny
18. Money of Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies
19. The Brady Bunch
20. I think I'm a clone now

RoseDuelist
03-30-2003, 12:59 PM
I've heard almost all of those.. lol.. except 2. Hmmm... *does research to track down song* :P

I haven't heard 13 either but I saw it on the playlist on his official site. I wanna hear that one too..

Sowee.. I can never shut up about him. Me wuv him..

Hikaruchan
03-30-2003, 01:47 PM
I like Christmas at ground zero, I lost on Jeopardy, and a whole lot more.

Shadow Lady
03-30-2003, 02:52 PM
LOL :crylaugh:
I love his music!

I've been a fan since I was little.
Anybody seen his music videos? Funny stuff.:p

RoseDuelist
03-30-2003, 03:14 PM
Oh yeah! I've seen his music videos.. I have three different movie thingy's of his. I have his Concert Video "Weird Al" Live, I have a bunch of his videos onthe Compleat Al, and I own UHF. ^_^

KaineMaxwell
03-30-2003, 05:15 PM
I got UHF on dvd the day it came out.

Anyone for Wheel of Fish?

RoseDuelist
03-30-2003, 06:54 PM
Me too! I ran down and bought it with pennies. Long live Kuni!
"STUPID! YOU! SO! STUPIIIIID!"

Celebrity mud wrestling.. hahahahaha

Merle-chan
03-30-2003, 08:24 PM
Amish Paradise still stands as my favorite.

Kenshin-sama
03-30-2003, 08:26 PM
Amish Paradise hands down...and you're also going down Merle-Chan....MUAHAHAHA..-.-() right-o...

Merle-chan
03-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Lol kenshin the war ain't over yet.

And everyone else is like...."huh..."

Michi
03-30-2003, 09:45 PM
I can't think of a favorite, because I haven't listened to him in a while... But I like most all of his songs anyway. ^_^ Maybe I can look up titles and answer this better later. ^^;

Chas
04-04-2003, 04:12 PM
DUDE! Albequerque!! 11 minutes and 22 seconds of Starving-Crazed-Weasel fun! Kekeke~ I can pretty much sing that song all the way through, too. I saw Al in concert when I was 13, and it's still probably the highlight of my life.

"And it was just as I suspected. It was some big, fat hermaphrodite with a 'Flock of SeaGulls' haircut and only one nostril. Aw, man... I hate it when I'm right!"

I ... could go on. But it's best I stop myself now. ^^;

peaseblossom
04-04-2003, 07:57 PM
I like "Albuquerque" and "Horoscope for Today".

RoseDuelist
04-05-2003, 05:28 PM
Chas.Tsukishiro- I thought I was the only freak who memorized that song. Yay! I'm not the only freak out there.. lol

Chas
04-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by RoseDuelist
Chas.Tsukishiro- I thought I was the only freak who memorized that song. Yay! I'm not the only freak out there.. lol

WHEEE! ::holds your hands and skips in a circle:: XD XD XD Freaks are neat-o! :3

"And that's when I met the girl of my dreams! Her name was Zelda. She was a calligraphy enthusiast with a slight overbite and hair the color of strange peaches. I'll never forget the first thing she said to me. She said 'Hey.... you got weasles on your face.' That's when I knew that it was true love! We were inseparable after that! Aw, we ate together, we bathed together - we even shared the same peice of mint flavored dental floss. The world was our burrito. "

..... ::explodes:: It still amazes me that I can remember all of this and I haven't retained one single algebraic formula. :3

EDIT: Typo! ^^; Silly me!

Freya
04-08-2003, 10:49 PM
Albequerque is the best!
I love almost all of Weird Al's songs...gotta love Jurassic Park..."it's frightening in the dark!"

I've seen him in concert and that was the best thing I've done in my life....LOL. Amazing how they got him into the "I'm Fat" costume pretty quickly. ^_^

JacksUsername
04-09-2003, 11:14 AM
hm.....Christmas at Ground zero, The Saga begins, and Albuequeruqe ...(i'm not checking sp) are probably my favorites...They're all just so well written....

I just wanna know how he balanced on stage in the "Fat" costume...yikes.

Nadeshiko
04-09-2003, 09:34 PM
I have to go with Amish Paradise on this one. Reminds me of the place I live in...

Oshidori
04-11-2003, 05:33 AM
Chas.Tsukishiro- I thought I was the only freak who memorized that song.

YAY! two others! I guess that makes about 10 of us now? lol Albequerque freakin rules. My fiancees best friend (after we introduced him to the song) got two cats and named them Nathaniel and Supafly....and he got two *just* for that purpose! lol (bastard stole our idea though for future pet names....grrr) I just referenced it earlier today too (sorta) I was talking about a yo-yo recall and I was like NO! They can't have that! That yo-yo's been like a yo-yo to me! :p

Another fav is The Rye Or The Kaiser lol!

My fav Video is definitely All About The Pentiums...fuckin hysterical!!

I love Weird Al!

JustinCredible
04-13-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by XLainoftheWired
I know when I was younger and NewKids on the Block were hip, he made a parody of a song of thiers. I dont remember the name of the song, but his was called "Oreos" and he sand about how they cause acne and stuff. And me being I think 9 at the time thought it was great. He also did a Beach Boys parody then, about flesh wounds from shotguns or something. Too long ago.

"Oh Oh OHHHHHO
OH Oh-REO
What's In The Middle....
The White Stuff..."

I Believe it was entitled 'The White Stuff', but it may not have been by him.

Anyways My Faves:
-Eat It
-Dare to be Stupid
-Fat
-Living with a hernia
-Jurassic Park
-The Saga begins (Which Lucas should have put on The Episode 2 DVD to fill people in on what happen in the one before without re-watching the first DVD)
-All About The Pentiums
-You Don't Love Me Anymore...

My All Time Fave... 'One More Minute With You'

"I'd Rather rip my own heart out of my ripcage with my bare hands and then throw it on the floor and stomp on it till I die.... Then spend one more minute.... with you.....OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

KaineMaxwell
04-13-2003, 07:34 PM
May 20th, Weird Al's new album- Poodle Hat:
http://www.weirdal.com/images/phathires.jpg

Ayn
04-13-2003, 07:44 PM
Hmmm... Probably..

~The White Stuff
~Spam (I think that's what it's called..)
~Jurassic Park
~Yoda
~The Night Santa Went Crazy

Freya
04-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by KaineMaxwell
May 20th, Weird Al's new album- Poodle Hat:
http://www.weirdal.com/images/phathires.jpg

Yes! It's about time he finally came out with a new one...

and that look of his always scares me if I stare @ it long enough.:eek: